What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (6 Viewers)

Chip Kelly misses Foles. Bradford is a window-licker.
A what?
An insensitive way to say he's not too smart. No pocket awareness, doesn't go through progressions, predetermines his target, locks onto his receiver, can't hold onto the ball. Whatever "it" is, that thing which makes some qbs good and other not, he doesn't have it. Looks the part in shorts, but that's it.

People hoped Chip Kelly and this offense would turn Bradford into something productive, not going to happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
A what?
window licker. ya know rides the short bus and licks the window
Nice. Perhaps you need to volunteer at a special olympics or something like that. It will change the whole way you look at special needs kids.
My comment wasn't about special needs kids, it was about Sam Bradford. And volunteering at the special Olympics will not change my opinion of him.

A what?
window licker. ya know rides the short bus and licks the window
Nice. Perhaps you need to volunteer at a special olympics or something like that. It will change the whole way you look at special needs kids.
My comment wasn't about special needs kids, it was about Sam Bradford. And volunteering at the special Olympics will not change my opinion of him.
So your reference to a window licker was just to compare him to the many random people who lick windows for no reason. Not to compare him to any group in particular. Gotcha.

Sanchez never looked as bad as Bradford last night.

Bradford is the guy Kelly went out and got, so he probably has a longer leash. Give it a few games.

There needs to be offensive line rumblings. Hard to go down field with the ball when you only have two seconds.
Eagles put up huge points with Sanchez. With Bradford they have not. QB is the most important position.

At the very least, Sanchez should be in the mix.

Any Sanchez rumblings?
I can't see Kelly folding his cards at this point. He's "all-in".
Is he? He got rid of one guy he felt wasn't the answer for another guy that he felt might be. Given his success overall in Philly, I don't think he has any remote chance of having his job ties to Sam Bradford's success. Two weeks is likely too quick to pull the trigger, sure, but if Bradford lays another egg or two I would bet we'll see Sanchez.

There needs to be offensive line rumblings. Hard to go down field with the ball when you only have two seconds.
Not sure why a bunch of window lickers can't understand this and blame Bradford for the mess. Is Bradford the reason that DeMarco Murray is averaging under 1 yard per carry also? I mean he does hand the ball to Murray.

Not sure why a bunch of window lickers can't understand this and blame Bradford for the mess. Is Bradford the reason that DeMarco Murray is averaging under 1 yard per carry also? I mean he does hand the ball to Murray.
Murray has proven himself before coming to Philadelphia; even before his monstrous last season he's proven clearly a decent running back. He's doing poorly now because he can hardly get a clean hand off without defenders in his face.

Bradford on the other hand, has done nothing in the NFL expect look good in shorts and disappoint on the field. He's doing the same things now which made him look absolutely terrible in St Louis. Folks fancied Kelly as a saving grace for Bradford, but it's clear that ain't happening.

Sam gets two more games probably. If he looks as bad as that Dallas game against the Jets and Skins, he's gotta sit.

Murray has proven himself before coming to Philadelphia; even before his monstrous last season he's proven clearly a decent running back. He's doing poorly now because he can hardly get a clean hand off without defenders in his face.

Bradford on the other hand, has done nothing in the NFL expect look good in shorts and disappoint on the field. He's doing the same things now which made him look absolutely terrible in St Louis, especially in 2012 & 2013. Folks fancied Kelly as a saving grace for Bradford, but it's clear that ain't happening.
:lmao: The OL is to blame for Murrray's suckage but not for Bradford's. That is ####### awesome.

:lmao: The OL is to blame for Murrray's suckage but not for Bradford's. That is ####### awesome.
Was it everybody else's fault that Bradford did bad in St Louis?

Plus, you just have to watch the game and decipher for yourself. Even when Bradford had time to throw, and an open receiver, he still threw an interception in the red zone, throwing it to the blanketed receiver.

Murray though, when he has room to run looks pretty good.

Plus, you just have to watch the game and decipher for yourself. Even when Bradford had time to throw, and an open receiver, he still threw an interception in the red zone, throwing it to the blanketed receiver.

Look, I am not defending Bradford at all (he has sucked so far) but didn't he have a terrible line and bad receivers in St. Louis? If you can name me any reasonably good starters for St. Louis in that area, I am all ears.

Any Sanchez rumblings?
I can't see Kelly folding his cards at this point. He's "all-in".
Is he? He got rid of one guy he felt wasn't the answer for another guy that he felt might be. Given his success overall in Philly, I don't think he has any remote chance of having his job ties to Sam Bradford's success. Two weeks is likely too quick to pull the trigger, sure, but if Bradford lays another egg or two I would bet we'll see Sanchez.
He got rid of a QB that went 15-4 for Bradford. He was chasing something. I think so.

Look, I am not defending Bradford at all (he has sucked so far) but didn't he have a terrible line and bad receivers in St. Louis? If you can name me any reasonably good starters for St. Louis in that area, I am all ears.
Bradford has gotten unlucky in his surroundings so far, but he also hasn't done them any favors. If he had five seconds to throw and open receivers every play, he'd blow it up like the Big 12. He's in the NFL now, not Division 1.

Bradford looked real good in 2013 before injury. He was on pace for over 30 TDs. Yeah he was AWFUL while throwing to Hall Of Famers Chris Givens, Austin Pettis and Lance Kendricks.

He definitely had a below average supporting cast in STL -- but truly good QBs have also done more with less. I've watched most of both Philly games thus far and it looks to me like the same issues that he had with the Rams (bad under pressure, doesn't get the ball downfield) are present today. At some point, it's gotta be on Bradford himself. Yes, it's only two weeks -- but how much crappy play will it take before it's obvious that Bradford just isn't the answer? Does he get all season? I'd say definitely not, personally. Foles was MUCH better in the same system. Sanchez was better also, and I'm pretty sure he isn't very good at all. What does that say about Sam Bradford?

Chip will go down with the Bradford ship. No way he's benching him after all the things he went through to get him in Philly.

He definitely had a below average supporting cast in STL -- but truly good QBs have also done more with less. I've watched most of both Philly games thus far and it looks to me like the same issues that he had with the Rams (bad under pressure, doesn't get the ball downfield) are present today. At some point, it's gotta be on Bradford himself. Yes, it's only two weeks -- but how much crappy play will it take before it's obvious that Bradford just isn't the answer? Does he get all season? I'd say definitely not, personally. Foles was MUCH better in the same system. Sanchez was better also, and I'm pretty sure he isn't very good at all. What does that say about Sam Bradford?
Terrible line play and multiple drops (mostly by Matthews) are why I'm willing to see if Bradford can turn things around. Plus the fact that he hasn't really played in two years. The most troubling thing I saw so far was yesterday's interception in the end zone. I was watching it develop live and I have no idea what he saw that made him make that throw. Sean Lee was right there the entire time. You throw that away. High school quarterbacks know better.

Bradford looked real good in 2013 before injury. He was on pace for over 30 TDs. Yeah he was AWFUL while throwing to Hall Of Famers Chris Givens, Austin Pettis and Lance Kendricks.
No, he didn't. He threw a lot of short TDs, so you probably loved him in FF, but he was below average by pretty much any other metric. He was far from "real good" as an NFL QB that year.

Dude, Matt Barkley was even better.

Terrible line play and multiple drops (mostly by Matthews) are why I'm willing to see if Bradford can turn things around. Plus the fact that he hasn't really played in two years. The most troubling thing I saw so far was yesterday's interception in the end zone. I was watching it develop live and I have no idea what he saw that made him make that throw. Sean Lee was right there the entire time. You throw that away. High school quarterbacks know better.
Agree with you that he certainly needs (and gets) a longer leash than two games. But I'm not sure how much longer, personally, when Bradford has been worse (and much, much worse) than every other QB that Chip has trotted out there to take snaps since he showed up. Making fans yearn for Mark Sanchez is pretty freaking damning IMO.

Bradford has gotten unlucky in his surroundings so far, but he also hasn't done them any favors. If he had five seconds to throw and open receivers every play, he'd blow it up like the Big 12. He's in the NFL now, not Division 1.
No, I agree. But him sucking and the players around him sucking are not mutual exclusive.

Yesterday, he held the ball too long and didn't throw any deep balls. He was either not making the right reads, or he is afraid to throw it when someone is tightly covered. Both are problems which he is going to have to correct.

Not that I am advocating for Sanchez, but he tends to get rid of it pretty quick and will throw the deep ball. Throwing deep spreads the defense out which then lets you run more effectively which then opens up the shorter passing game.

Coeur de Lion said:
lod01 said:
dhockster said:
cloppbeast said:
lod01 said:

No, he didn't. He threw a lot of short TDs, so you probably loved him in FF, but he was below average by pretty much any other metric. He was far from "real good" as an NFL QB that year.
Sure he did but in 2012, his best full year he had quite few long TDs. That just destroyed your short TD theory. The only thing you have on Bradford is that his YPC is low.

2012:

Brandon Gibson 23 yard TD

Brandon Gibson 34 yard TD

Chris Givens 51 yard TD

Chris Givens 50 yard TD

Brian Quick 36 yard TD

Chris Givens 37 yard TD

Chris Givens 37 yard TD

Kendricks 37 yard TD

Kendricks 80 yard TD

Over 1/2 his TDs were 20 plus yards.

Yeah, OK guy. Bradford's yards per attempt is one of the worst in NFL history. His career passer rating is under 80. His career completion percentage is under 60 (despite the fact that he doesn't go downfield). His TD percentage is low. He has thrown for fewer than 230 yards per NFL start. He takes too many sacks. He has lost almost twice as many career starts as he has won.

He doesn't throw many INTs, so that's the one point in his favor.

You can blame everyone else around him all you want. And to some extent I'm sure it has played a role -- but nothing in Bradford's career thus far suggests that he's even an average NFL starting QB, much less "real good."

dhockster said:
Yesterday, he held the ball too long and didn't throw any deep balls. He was either not making the right reads, or he is afraid to throw it when someone is tightly covered. Both are problems which he is going to have to correct.

Not that I am advocating for Sanchez, but he tends to get rid of it pretty quick and will throw the deep ball. Throwing deep spreads the defense out which then lets you run more effectively which then opens up the shorter passing game.
These are the same things he did in St Louis. How are you not seeing a trend? If he hasn't corrected these problems yet, I highly doubt he will this week in practice.

JuniorNB said:
Coeur de Lion said:
dhockster said:
cloppbeast said:
lod01 said:

And I believe there was a WR going from the left corner of the EZ towards the middle of the EZ that was open. Instead he threw it into Lee's chest. The defender was in front of his TE. Not sure how you miss that.

dhockster said:

These are the same things he did in St Louis. How are you not seeing a trend? If he hasn't corrected these problems yet, I highly doubt he will this week in practice.
This is where my hang up is -- yes, the line has been bad, and no, he isn't getting a ton of help from the receivers, but Bradford himself is still showing the same negatives that he displayed for FIVE YEARS in St. Louis -- IMO we're getting to the point where he just is what he is -- a limited game manager type who probably can't win you games with his arm.

he isnt worth my last bench spot and i will never start him again over palmer. i drafted him in the 11th so his spot was never secure. we can agree to disagree, but acting like im an idiot because i value someone differently than you is a weak argument because nothing is ever certain in FF. if palmer goes down i will trade for a QB1 and since i dont think a healthy bradford is in the top 15 then there is no point using a bench spot on him.
Your disdain for Bradford appears very well founded now. Two questions:

Why did you ever draft him? With Palmer as your QB1, who is not by any means a fantasy stud, I would have thought you would have taken someone with a more solid track record, that you wouldn't cut after one game.

Why did you cut him after he had a 2nd half against Atlanta of 220 yards passing with 2 TD's (only one counted) and 1 INT?

Again you look good now, but it still was not the most logical decision.

It's like the poker player who goes all in pre-flop with pocket aces and loses and thinks he made a bad decision for going all in. Results based analysis.
i have no disdain for bradford, he just (imo) has no reliable weapons running routes while chips scheme is slowly being figured out. both picks yesterday were on ertz (exp TE comes back towards los and catches that td), the fumble was on the center, the pick against atl was on matthews.

now sam is throwing some ducks and cant get out of the way of his own two feet, but all he has matthews is who is still raw and only plays the slot, cooper cant stretch the field, huff is running the wrong routes, ertz does more harm than help, and agholor is MIA. the run game wont work if the entire defense is crashing the gaps with no fear of cooper/huff taking them deep. desean deep ball is gone, maclins reliable hands are gone, mccoys speed threat is gone (like it or not shady would have sidestepped a few of those backfield arm tackles), and chips ego wont let sam audible out of bad looks so plays get blown up before the snap.

with that said i drafted sam because he was (along with palmer) great value at their draft position with QB1 potential, both coming back from serious injury it was hard to guess how they would look in an actual game. but now with the giant pack of matchup-based QB2s emerging there is no reason for me to hold onto bradford. if i had to spot start someone i would rather go with winston or carr or tyrod who have some rushing ability and WR threats that can catch desperation jump balls, bradford has neither of those.

Can't find the stat now but I heard earlier today that Sam has the 5th most time in pocket so far according to PFF. So its not all on the line.

he isnt worth my last bench spot and i will never start him again over palmer. i drafted him in the 11th so his spot was never secure. we can agree to disagree, but acting like im an idiot because i value someone differently than you is a weak argument because nothing is ever certain in FF. if palmer goes down i will trade for a QB1 and since i dont think a healthy bradford is in the top 15 then there is no point using a bench spot on him.
Your disdain for Bradford appears very well founded now. Two questions:

Why did you ever draft him? With Palmer as your QB1, who is not by any means a fantasy stud, I would have thought you would have taken someone with a more solid track record, that you wouldn't cut after one game.

Why did you cut him after he had a 2nd half against Atlanta of 220 yards passing with 2 TD's (only one counted) and 1 INT?

Again you look good now, but it still was not the most logical decision.

It's like the poker player who goes all in pre-flop with pocket aces and loses and thinks he made a bad decision for going all in. Results based analysis.
i have no disdain for bradford, he just (imo) has no reliable weapons running routes while chips scheme is slowly being figured out. both picks yesterday were on ertz (exp TE comes back towards los and catches that td), the fumble was on the center, the pick against atl was on matthews.

now sam is throwing some ducks and cant get out of the way of his own two feet, but all he has matthews is who is still raw and only plays the slot, cooper cant stretch the field, huff is running the wrong routes, ertz does more harm than help, and agholor is MIA. the run game wont work if the entire defense is crashing the gaps with no fear of cooper/huff taking them deep. desean deep ball is gone, maclins reliable hands are gone, mccoys speed threat is gone (like it or not shady would have sidestepped a few of those backfield arm tackles), and chips ego wont let sam audible out of bad looks so plays get blown up before the snap.

with that said i drafted sam because he was (along with palmer) great value at their draft position with QB1 potential, both coming back from serious injury it was hard to guess how they would look in an actual game. but now with the giant pack of matchup-based QB2s emerging there is no reason for me to hold onto bradford. if i had to spot start someone i would rather go with winston or carr or tyrod who have some rushing ability and WR threats that can catch desperation jump balls, bradford has neither of those.
Only saw the int in the end zone but that throw couldn't have been much worse.

Can't find the stat now but I heard earlier today that Sam has the 5th most time in pocket so far according to PFF. So its not all on the line.
How is a stat like this even measured when you have guys like Brady who have the ball out in 2 seconds every single play?
It does not mean philly has a good line; it means Bradford holds onto the ball too long.
He's only been sacked once so far. And Falcons and Cowboys are bottom 3rd in QB hurries so far.

So rest of season question

Bradford or kapernick

Bradford or Fitzpatrick

Bradford or manziel

Bradford or Carr

Bradford or Kirk cousins

Users who are viewing this thread