What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Sam Bradford - QB (2 Viewers)

Not in start-2QB leagues. Probably not in 14+ team leagues, either.
Eh, it's been suggested he's out probably 6 weeks.  I'd rather have Luck at that point.  At least if Luck comes back, you know he won't go down if he steps on a curb awkwardly.  Bradford's reputation of being injury prone continues on.  Even in a 14 team league, he's a drop for me.  Start 2 QB, there's probably not much out there so I'd agree that you probably have to sit it out.  

No structural damage. Dr Andrews confirms initial diagnosis. 

It pays to be an optimist sometimes. 

:yes:  

After visiting Dr. James Andrews, Sam Bradford (knee) remains week-to-week with a bone bruise.

Bradford went to Andrews for a second opinion and mostly received good news. Andrews cleared him of any structural damage, meaning it will be an issue of pain tolerance for Bradford, who is sitting out for a second straight week. Obviously the Vikings will need to tread carefully given Bradford's long history of injuries, though the team is obviously anxious to get him back. He'd be an enormous upgrade on journeyman Case Keenum, who is starting against the Bucs in Week 3.

Source: NFL.com 

Sep 24 - 8:10 AM

What a terrible article. The Vikings are going to cast aside a guy who has a bone bruise over someone who ALMOST LOST HIS LEG and is lucky to ever play again? We have no idea what kind of mobility Teddy will have again. Ive seen this thinking a couple times now and I just don't get it. Also, Keenum played one decent game. He hasn't shown to be a long term answer at all in his career.

Last edited by a moderator:
What a terrible article. The Vikings are going to cast aside a guy who has a bone bruise over someone who ALMOST LOST HIS LEG and is lucky to ever play again? We have no idea what kind of mobility Teddy will have again. Ive seen this thinking a couple times now and I just don't get it. Also, Keenum played one decent game. He hasn't shown to be a long term answer at all in his career.
Hes one of the worst Vikings writers out there and there are some other pretty bad ones that I avoid for my personal sanity.

Not only that but Bridgewater wasn't very good before he got hurt.

I've moved on from Sammy as my backup. The Vikings play Monday night next week and my starter is on a bye. Not going to roster 3QB. 

I think Bradford has some potential, but the Vikings can’t count on him long term. The guy is always hurt and has a significant history of knee problems. I would never give him a big $ deal.

I think Bradford was some potential, but the Vikings can’t count on him long term. The guy is always hurt and has a significant history of knee problems. I would never give him a big $ deal.
I agree. to start this season he looked like the saving grace they needed... and if he did stay healthy he would be. he was off to a heck of a start. Vikings could move on but what do they do then? Bridgewater is far from a rosier future than Bradford.

Min has the next best thing at RB... two top of the line Ers. a good TE, revamped OL with a positive future, and a top defense...

going to a crappy QB or changing on a rookie could waste the window they have

Good news for Bradford, but he is still only limited and even if the possibility exists that he could play you most likely won’t know he status until Monday afternoon when all the other ab’s have played

Hes one of the worst Vikings writers out there and there are some other pretty bad ones that I avoid for my personal sanity.
I think calling this an "article" is pretty charitable. It's a word salad of factual information intermixed with things that might or might not happen.

habsfan said:
I think calling this an "article" is pretty charitable. It's a word salad of factual information intermixed with things that might or might not happen.
Yeah I didn't read it. When I see that guy is the author I just move on now.

Bradford: My Knee Feels Much Better This Week

He says his knee feels a lot better yesterday than it did two weeks ago.

That he doesn't expect to be 100% until maybe after the bye or maybe not until the end of the season. That the pain he has is something he will need to deal with and manage.

When asked about if he would be ready to start against Chicago, he is not commital about that and deflects the question. He says he will see how he feels in practice today and tomorrow and go from there. He is hoping by tomorrow he will have a better idea about that.

I’ve got Dalton & Bradford. 

Bradford a much better start if he plays. 

I’d rather have Dalton’s floor than Mitch’s, so I guess I’ll roll with Dalton one more week.

im just glad to (hopefully) have Bradford back in time for Dalton’s week 6 BYE.

I don’t really get dropping Bradford in FFB as good as he looked and with the weapons they have, especially after Cook went down, but ok. Each to their own. 

I have a feeling those who drop him might regret it when facing in later in the season. Why hold a guy for 3-4 weeks only to drop him right before he comes back? 

It might bite me in the butt, but I think I’m gonna roll the dice that Bradford starts. 

I have no other MN options, but thanks to this rare Saturday practice update I’m taking the bait. 

Sam Bradford - QB -  Vikings

Sam Bradford (knee) practiced on Saturday.

Bradford has now practiced three days in a row, making it likely he plays Monday night. All receiving options receive a sizeable upgrade with Bradford playing, but Kyle Rudolph, who averages six more fantasy points and three more targets when Bradford plays, is likely to be the biggest beneficiary.

It might bite me in the butt, but I think I’m gonna roll the dice that Bradford starts. 

I have no other MN options, but thanks to this rare Saturday practice update I’m taking the bait. 
Getting a 0 from QB would suck so bad though. I don't want to hold 3 QBs with Brees on Bye to grab another QB.

My two cents as a Vikings fan and Frogs fan. Heyo!!!

Bradford and Dalton are ranked right around each other. Bradford probably a little higher. But is that risk worth taking a zero if for some reason he trots our their Monday and feels poorly? Probably not.

Bradford’s first and only game this year was great. But it was against a siv of a saints defense.

He had two good fantasy games to finish the season last year and one big one to start this year, but has been pretty mediocre other than that. In my opinion, just hard to trust on Monday night coming off his time off. 

Dalton has a low floor High ceiling at times. Hard to know when to start him, but as you saw last week. When he’s on, he’s on.

Bradford and Dalton are ranked right around each other. Bradford probably a little higher. But is that risk worth taking a zero if for some reason he trots our their Monday and feels poorly? Probably not.

Bradford’s first and only game this year was great. But it was against a siv of a saints defense.

He had two good fantasy games to finish the season last year and one big one to start this year, but has been pretty mediocre other than that. In my opinion, just hard to trust on Monday night coming off his time off. 

Dalton has a low floor High ceiling at times. Hard to know when to start him, but as you saw last week. When he’s on, he’s on.
No one has been on against the Bills though. While it’s not been a murderer’s row they’ve faced at QB, they’ve only allowed 1 TD to any QB they’ve faced.

its tough - I really don’t wanna start Dalton but I also really don’t want a 0. 

It also occurs to me that Bradford could start, get hit in the knee & leave the game. 

Chicago D is just so much better if a matchup than Buffalo. 

Tough call. I appreciate your Frogs fan insight though. I’ll have to mull it over more. Maybe Bradford will comment on his status again to give me more (or less) confidence in him). ;)  

VikingFrog said:

Just chiming in to say you've another Frog fan here on this board in me. I'm actually at the game today. Let's go Frogs!

Listed as questionable. Sounds like he’s gonna start. 
Without the probable designation the best thing we can go by is if the player had a full or limited practice or not. He had a full practice today.

If they did have the probable designation still I would guess that they would still list him as questionable not probable, due to only one full practice.

Without the probable designation the best thing we can go by is if the player had a full or limited practice or not. He had a full practice today.

If they did have the probable designation still I would guess that they would still list him as questionable not probable, due to only one full practice.
Yeah - i didn’t mean “questionnable” so sounds like he’s gonna play.

Sorry, those were two seperate thoughts.

1. Listed as questionable 

and

2. It sounds like he’s gonna play. 

:P  

It’s too bad Bradford is playing on a Monday night. There is not enough clarity on his situation...That said, I really like him going forward IF he can stay healthy. He’s got some legit weapons and a solid OL.

Bradford starting would be fantastic news for Latavius owners.

If that's the case & Latavius' ankle is good to go, he could put up some numbers. However, all bets are off if his ankle isn't close to 100%.

Bradford starting would be fantastic news for Latavius owners.

If that's the case & Latavius' ankle is good to go, he could put up some numbers. However, all bets are off if his ankle isn't close to 100%.
I think the fantasy community is wrong assuming that Murray is going to be the featured RB in Minnesota over Jerrick McKinnon.

Listening to Shurmurs press conference the other day, when asked about Murray he points out that McKinnon is going to be involved. Then later on in the press conference he mentions McKinnon again. He seems to be hinting to the press to not forget about McKinnon.

In press conference with Zimmer today the press asked about McKinnon and not Murray and Zimmer says that obviously McKinnon is going to play more.

McKinnon has been ahead of Murray on the depth chart before Cook was injured.

I realize the major fantasy sites are all talking about Murray, but I don't think Murray is ahead of McKinnon.

I think the fantasy community is wrong assuming that Murray is going to be the featured RB in Minnesota over Jerrick McKinnon.

Listening to Shurmurs press conference the other day, when asked about Murray he points out that McKinnon is going to be involved. Then later on in the press conference he mentions McKinnon again. He seems to be hinting to the press to not forget about McKinnon.

In press conference with Zimmer today the press asked about McKinnon and not Murray and Zimmer says that obviously McKinnon is going to play more.

I realize the major fantasy sites are all talking about Murray, but I don't think Murray is ahead of McKinnon.
McKinnon took first snaps after Cook went out. Not sure why everyone has forgotten he’s the most athletic RB in the league. I know the nuances of the position have eluded him to this point but it’s hard to ignore for me.

McKinnon took first snaps after Cook went out. Not sure why everyone has forgotten he’s the most athletic RB in the league. I know the nuances of the position have eluded him to this point but it’s hard to ignore for me.
McKinnon has been making some mistakes and if he keeps making them then he is going to lose playing time to Murray, but that is my best guess at this point that McKinnon is going to play more than Murray will. He has played better than Murray in the games and I think he is playing better than Murray in practice.

eta- in the game vs the Lions Murray played on 19 snaps 34% and McKinnon played on 10 snaps 18% so maybe I am wrong. I'm just really not convinced that Murray is going to play more than McKinnon now that Cook is out.

I don't remember where I saw it, but there was a quote from Shurmur that said they were going to ride Murray (or something to that affect).

No doubt McKinnon will be involved, but everything considered, the signs are pointing to Murray for me.

I don't remember where I saw it, but there was a quote from Shurmur that said they were going to ride Murray (or something to that affect).

No doubt McKinnon will be involved, but everything considered, the signs are pointing to Murray for me.
You would need to point that out to me. I am a Vikings fan I haven't missed any press conferences of Pat or Zimmer.

Users who are viewing this thread