Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
voiceofunreason

Official Sam Bradford - QB

So is Davis the real deal? I don't see any new info, do we think Fisher is serious about sticking with Hill when he's healthy?

So is Davis the real deal? I don't see any new info, do we think Fisher is serious about sticking with Hill when he's healthy?

Yeah, that declaration was curious. What reason does he have to lie about it though? No DCs are going to have sleepless nights figuring out how to defend Hill.

Yeah, that declaration was curious. What reason does he have to lie about it though? No DCs are going to have sleepless nights figuring out how to defend Hill.

I just don't understand what the logic is to go with the 34 year old journeyman over the 25 year old prospect who has been kind of impressive. I know they want to get to the playoffs and aren't playing for next season (yet) but does Hill really give them a better chance at that goal?

Edited by Chaka

Tweet by STL reporter how Bradford was in the locker room without crutches or wheelchair, visiting, just days after surgery. He did have a brace.

Isn't that wrong? Isn't he supposed to be in bed?

I hope the Rams don't shy away from drafting a QB early in rd 1 just because Davis is playing well and Bradford could be ready for training camp.

Depends on how well Davis continues to play. I think it is likely that defenses will catch up with him but right now the guy looks like a player (certainly more of one then Bradford ever demonstrated).

Bring in Tebow - why not?

Because Tebow is a terrible QB.
  • Like 1

I hope the Rams don't shy away from drafting a QB early in rd 1 just because Davis is playing well and Bradford could be ready for training camp.

Wouldn't you rather have Davis start the rest of the way and give him 15 games under his belt to show if he is a franchise level QB or not? Seems the idiot Fisher has no clue that his team is not going to be competitive for a playoff spot with career backup Hill yet he plans on starting him. If I owned the Rams, the minute Fisher had Hill starting again, I would fire his dumb ###. That is not how you build a team.

Imagine starting Hill the rest of the way, having no idea if Davis is a longterm answer, drafting a QB like Hundley or Winston, watching one of them stink it up and never being able to go back to Davis because you 'invested' so much in a 1st rd draft pick.

You know what you would be? The Redskins or the Browns.

• Like 2

What's Kurt Warner doing these days?

What's Kurt Warner doing these days?

Telling Jeff Fisher that he's an idiot if he starts Hill over Davis.

Wouldn't you rather have Davis start the rest of the way and give him 15 games under his belt to show if he is a franchise level QB or not? Seems the idiot Fisher has no clue that his team is not going to be competitive for a playoff spot with career backup Hill yet he plans on starting him. If I owned the Rams, the minute Fisher had Hill starting again, I would fire his dumb ###. That is not how you build a team.

Imagine starting Hill the rest of the way, having no idea if Davis is a longterm answer, drafting a QB like Hundley or Winston, watching one of them stink it up and never being able to go back to Davis because you 'invested' so much in a 1st rd draft pick.

You know what you would be? The Redskins or the Browns.

Of coarse I want to see Davis play the rest of the games. Let's see what he is. Even if he isn't a franchise QB, at least he might be a really good back up.

Tweet by STL reporter how Bradford was in the locker room without crutches or wheelchair, visiting, just days after surgery. He did have a brace.

With ACL/MCL surgery, they want you on that knee right away. My FIL had the surgery done on a Friday and was walking on Sunday. And this was 2 weeks ago. I was shocked.

With ACL/MCL surgery, they want you on that knee right away. My FIL had the surgery done on a Friday and was walking on Sunday. And this was 2 weeks ago. I was shocked.

interesting, thanks

I thought this was Bradford's final year of his contract?

He has one more at 14 mill. Doubt the Rams pick it up though. You never know. He has the talent, maybe they give it more try.

Flew from LA to STL for the Dallas game...just brutal.....stadium was half Cowboy fans.....I'm sitting on the 40 yd line , 15 rows up and surrounded by Cowboy fans....season ticket holders have thrown in the towel...went to Ballpark Village, across from Cardinal Stadium, Sat . afternoon for College Football watching...I'm only person in the place wearing Ram gear...Kronke will bring them back to LA

Bradford looks good to great every summer. The Rams have to decide if he's their future long before.

A renegotiation could make keeping him seem reasonable-time invested etc.

Drafting a QB and keeping Sam for a competition won't work because he's got such an advantage.

His perfect demeanor, attitude, pretty ball he throws, and how he does well in the summer....all that will have him starting somewhere and maybe in week 2 or 3 those fans will be calling for his replacement. He is a prototype QB til the season hits.

I think the Rams gotta win now, next season, and can't wait for a rookie to develop. Sam made 13 mil last year and 17 mil this year. They should go after a big name QB and plug him in. Without Sam, they should have the money to do so.

Edited by Bri

Flew from LA to STL for the Dallas game...just brutal.....stadium was half Cowboy fans.....I'm sitting on the 40 yd line , 15 rows up and surrounded by Cowboy fans....season ticket holders have thrown in the towel...went to Ballpark Village, across from Cardinal Stadium, Sat . afternoon for College Football watching...I'm only person in the place wearing Ram gear...Kronke will bring them back to LA

Kroenke helped bringing them to St.Louis. This is his town. He isn't taking them back.

Sorry... on the road. Couldn't find the thread where we were debating Hill vs. Davis. This is clearly the right choice though.

Rotoworld:

Sam Bradford admits he was so devastated after re-tearing his left ACL in the preseason that he wondered if he wanted to continue playing football.

Bradford, obviously, decided to continue playing, and says a phone call with Oklahoma OC Josh Heupel "helped set him straight." Bradford remains on track in his rehab, and has resumed running. Bradford said he would "embrace" added competition this offseason, but was coy on redoing his contract. Bradford is currently due $12.985 million in the final year of his deal. Most signs point toward Bradford getting one last shot as the Rams' starter in 2015, though coach Jeff Fisher said he'll have an "open competition" with someone not yet on the roster.

Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter

Dec 30 - 4:07 PM

Rotoworld:

Speaking at Tuesday's season-ending presser, Rams coach Jeff Fisher made it clear that Sam Bradford (ACL) will face competition in training camp.

What Fisher also made clear is that Bradford will be back with the team despite appearing in just seven combined games over the past two seasons. Via NBC St. Louis' Frank Cusumano, Fisher said Bradford will have an open competition with "some quarterback not (currently) in the building." The Rams are more likely to go the free agency than first-round route when adding an arm, but a signal caller can't be completely ruled out at No. 10 overall.

Source: Rams on Twitter

Dec 30 - 4:21 PM

Seems expected to me

I'm still hopeful in Sam and still think their WRs are sorely lacking.

Rotoworld:

The Rams are hoping to restructure the final year of Sam Bradford's contract.

After back-to-back ACL tears, Bradford's 2015 base salary stands at $12.985 million. Per beat writer Jim Thomas, the Rams would like to reduce that salary and potentially turn whatever is chopped into incentives Bradford could earn back based on performance. Outright releasing Bradford would save St. Louis all of the $12.985 million, but is considered unlikely.
Feb 8 - 12:49 PM

I think both sides realize 13 mil is too high and both Sam and the team still want him to stay so....just hammer this out and move on.

Mister loyal that always says the right thing would never say it, but I will be oh so curious of Sam on a team with an established offense and WR corps.

I still think he's special and am like one of a dozen left that still do.

Rotoworld:

Citing anonymous league executives, Bleacher Report's Jason Cole reports there are teams "at the top of the draft" that would prefer Sam Bradford to Jameis Winston or Marcus Mariota.

That's if Bradford gets cut. While it's not inconceivable that the Rams would cut ties with their 2010 first-rounder, it's still far more likely than not that he's back in St. Louis next season. The St. Louis Post-Dispatch has reported the Rams would like to restructure Bradford's deal — which calls for $12.985 million in 2015 — but we think the sides can reach an accord. It's also highly dubious that anyone would actually prefer injury-prone Bradford to the draft's top two quarterbacks.
Feb 9 - 1:51 PM

I think both sides realize 13 mil is too high and both Sam and the team still want him to stay so....just hammer this out and move on.

Mister loyal that always says the right thing would never say it, but I will be oh so curious of Sam on a team with an established offense and WR corps.

I still think he's special and am like one of a dozen left that still do.

I haven't closed the book on him.

QB's with 50+ TD's and less than 40 INT's in their first 4 years:

NAME 	        POS 	YRs 	        G 	CMP 	ATT 	PYD 	Y/A 	PTD 	INT 	FANT PT1	Russell Wilson	qb	2012--2014	48	794	1252	9950	7.95	72	26	1014.92	Donovan McNabb	qb	1999--2002	54	932	1639	9835	6.00	71	38	1010.23	Tom Brady	qb	2000--2003	48	955	1544	10233	6.63	69	38	785.64	Sam Bradford	qb	2010--2013	49	1032	1760	11065	6.29	59	38	788.15	Bernie Kosar	qb	1985--1988	49	831	1427	10355	7.26	57	33	733.66	Drew Brees	qb	2001--2004	43	802	1309	8772	6.70	56	38	686.27	Brian Griese	qb	1998--2001	40	753	1242	8549	6.88	56	38	677.88	Tony Romo	qb	2005--2007	48	555	857	7114	8.30	55	32	578.69	Tony Eason	qb	1983--1986	63	749	1273	9269	7.28	54	40	718.810	Mark Brunell	qb	1994--1997	45	830	1365	9911	7.26	52	34	843.611	Joe Montana	qb	1979--1982	56	713	1130	8069	7.14	52	32	640.712	Byron Leftwich	qb	2003--2006	46	789	1344	9042	6.73	51	36	703.813	Neil O'Donnell	qb	1991--1994	54	823	1455	9897	6.80	51	32	712.714	Joe Ferguson	qb	1973--1976	49	435	868	6039	6.96	50	40	534.115	Kaepernick	qb	2011--2014	48	671	1117	8410	7.53	50	21	817.5

And a whopping 6.29 ypa on those 1760 throws. Bradford is a checkdown machine.

The best receiver he had was Amendola for about a season and a half.

After injury concerns, this is the next question mark.

The player I saw as a rookie was somewhat like the player I saw in college. He had excellent ability to place the ball and lead the WR. Clayton caught way more passes than most of us guessed and was oddly reliable. There was no one else, but he'd put it there for them to try and make a play. He set some rookie records...I don't recall which but remember him breaking Peyton's and it being notable.

Since then, I haven't seen the same Sam. I've seen him pressing and uncomfortable. Every so many plays I still see that arm and that touch he can put on the ball, but it's nowhere near as often. His bringing WRs to workout and the whole offseason made me figure he's going to be comfy again.

He's well drilled and a nice product of coaching. "Everyone" says it about him. Whatever the O is, he's going through his progressions. Checkdown machine has more to do with the O than him or maybe the short WR getting open or being someone to count on. Is this forcing it to Tavon? Because that hasn't gone well regardless of QB.

I don't think Sam has weaknesses in his ability and never have. Whatever pass he has to make, he'll make. His prob is more that he has to actually do it and stop just being capable of it. His 2013 starting WR was like 4th on the depth chart in 2014 and the other (Pettis) I don't think is in the league. Ya can't be like throw it deep throw it cmon cmon and then look and see Pettis can't get open deep.

The new Britt and Quick, making some move with Cook(change to WR or drop him) could totally help him here. Quick showed some excellence and Bradford has never had that in the pros.

I would take a guess that Clayton is the only Bradford WR you ever happily started in FF. That's gotta say something about the quality he's throwing to. Some of his WRs are already out of the league and he hasn't even played that long.

I don't know how you compare throwing to Calvin and Dez versus throwing to Mark Clayton but that point aside, I do expect and want to see Sam make his own star out of a WR. For him to be successful, he might have to turn Quick into a stud WR. Some of it is definitely on him, absolutely. Giving him failed draft picks and retreads few teams want isn't exactly empowering him though. There's some line to be drawn as to what's his fault and what's the fault of the GM not giving him quality targets.

All of this is why, if he leaves, (which I do not expect) I will be super curious of him in new surroundings.

• Like 1

:goodposting:

Bottom line with Bradford is that context matters... his situation has been pitiful for just about every game he has played. When does a QB check down? When nobody is open or there is no time to go through all of your progressions... Bradford had no choice but to check down most of the time that he did so.

I remember somebody posting a youtube video of every throw over ten yards for Bradford the year he had the high ankle sprain in week 7 or 8... before the injury, he was right on the money just about every time, great throws into tight coverage... it had to be into tight coverage, because nobody could get open. But even when receivers were open, the drops were numerous and sick. His numbers suffered, but it mostly wasn't his fault.

That being said, two ACLs is not good. One thing I think Sam lacks is good pocket presence... he just does not move around or out of the pocket well. And two blown ACLs is not a positive for mobility...

Edited by Lott's Fingertip

Gresham is a free agent and Bradford is supposedly still buddies with him. He and Bradford were outstanding together in college.

What's Cook's contract like?

For all the junk they've given him at WR, I would imagine signing Gresham would be a huge deal to Sam. They get a quality TE and maybe Sam is comfy again.

Fisher has like 20 years coaching always with a good quality TE in TEN, I could totally see this being good for all so...it probably won't happen

Gresham is a free agent and Bradford is supposedly still buddies with him. He and Bradford were outstanding together in college.

Cook's on the books for like 8.33m for the next three years after last year's restructure. He's gonna remain a fixture, since I'm pretty sure Fish is the only one who values him nearly that much.

Cooks contract is ridiculous:

2015 salary 7m, cap hit 8.3m, cost to cut 8.9m

2016 the same exceptcost to cut drops to 2.6m

Rotoworld:

Sam Bradford - QB - Rams

ESPN Rams reporter Nick Wagoner believes "the Rams have every intention of bringing quarterback Sam Bradford back in 2015."

"So long as Bradford is healthy," Wagoner continued, "he'll almost certainly be the starter." Coach Jeff Fisher has talked about bringing in competition for Bradford, but it in unlikely St. Louis will find anyone in free agency or the draft to unseat the former No. 1 overall pick. Bradford is set to make $12.985 million in the final year of his rookie deal.

Source: ESPN
Feb 14 - 10:20 AM

Little doubt of Rams' plan for Sam Bradford Edited by Faust

Cook's on the books for like 8.33m for the next three years after last year's restructure. He's gonna remain a fixture, since I'm pretty sure Fish is the only one who values him nearly that much.

Hopefully a brief aside is ok here in a Bradford thread....what do you think of Cook playing WR and like a genuine position change?

Hopefully a brief aside is ok here in a Bradford thread....what do you think of Cook playing WR and like a genuine position change?

Crazy athlete, but I'm not sure he's routinely enough shown the skills for us to believe he can even be a reliable game-to-game weapon as a receiving TE. I've got to believe there are better solutions for the Rams at WR, and better uses for Cook. Although I confess I'm starting to wonder what they are on both fronts.

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora · 30m 30 minutes ago

Sam Bradford has permission to seek a trade. Finding compensation to Rams' liking will be difficult. But his agent can speak to other teams

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora · 32m 32 minutes ago

In the end, Rams working out a restructured contract w/Bradford still may be most likely outcome. Thought it's been slow process thus far

Jason La Canfora @JasonLaCanfora · 24m 24 minutes ago

I doubt there's a team that will value Bradford more than the Rams do, and GM Les Snead told us he wants Sam back. Few QB options out there

At his high salary, he has negative trade value. A mediocre player for 1 year at 16M is worth negative 3 draft picks or some such.

• Like 1

Rotoworld:

Rams GM Les Snead shot down a report that said Sam Bradford has permission to seek a trade, saying "deleting" Bradford from the roster is "not the answer."

Prior to Snead taking the podium at the NFL Combine, CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reported the Rams gave Bradford's agent permission to seek a trade. When asked about the report, Snead basically said Bradford will be coming to camp with the Rams, though he did mention the two sides have started talks about possibly restructuring Bradford's contract. Unless the Rams can land either Marcus Mariota or Jameis Winston, Bradford is their best option. They simply just have to do a better job of finding a quality backup quarterback.
Feb 18 - 2:54 PM