What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

AFC Championship Thread-Indy@New England (1 Viewer)

The announcers are being far too kind to Manning. It's not just that Pollard was open, it's that where it was thrown, nobody but Harrison (who was out of position) had a chance at that ball. Horrible toss.

Is that the fat lady I hear warming up? :eek:
Wow - you REALLY need to bury the homer hat for a while. Fat lady singing after the first quarter with Manning in the game and a TD difference? Now - if the INdy D can't stop Brady on third down at some point, they will be looking at the opposite end of their game last week. Like I;ve said for a week - this game will come down way more to Indy's D on Brady more than the pats D on Manning.

Wow - you REALLY need to bury the homer hat for a while. Fat lady singing after the first quarter with Manning in the game and a TD difference? Now - if the INdy D can't stop Brady on third down at some point, they will be looking at the opposite end of their game last week. Like I;ve said for a week - this game will come down way more to Indy's D on Brady more than the pats D on Manning.
I disagree as you know, it will come down to how many TOs NEs forces. :thumbup:

Oooh - way close to first INT of the year for Brady - and that was caused by Freeney - who was saying he's overrated?

Colts can't make the big play. The colts' defense has dropped an interception on both of the Patriots' first two drives. The Patriots' defense, meanwhile, held onto the one interception opportunity they had.

Now - if the INdy D can't stop Brady on third down at some point, they will be looking at the opposite end of their game last week. Like I;ve said for a week - this game will come down way more to Indy's D on Brady more than the pats D on Manning.
Right so far the Colts D cannot get off the field. Manning cant score from the bench. That game turned on a turnover, letting the Colts get back in the game. Brady doesn't turn the ball over at home( almost one there ). A. Smith didnt play in that game either. So running out the clock was not an option for them. Now no one will confuse Smith for W Payton, but the Colts D is no Ravens D(2000 style) when it comes to stopping the run..

Pats have mastered the art of dink and dunk.
Most fans tend to look down on this. But, it's not really much different than having a great tackle-to-tackle running back putting up 3 to 5 yards over and over agani. Fans usually respect that type of power running game but they want the QBs to throw it 20+ yards a pop.

FYI....got 10 units (yeah I know....crazy bet) on a 7pt teaser:> New England +4 :thumbup: > Carolina +11 :thumbup: 10 units to win 8 units

Last edited by a moderator:
And Brady has made more mistakes.He's just gotten away with them. :thumbup:
True, but I'm keeping this to straight end result for team. I prob should have put -1 for the Manning pick, but think I'll do that after 2.

Hmmm.On the overhead camera, that ball was way behind the receiver anyway. If Law didn't get it, it may have fallen into Harrison's hands for #2.

CURRENT QB LINE:Peyton: 2/6 for 38yds and 0 TDs / 2 INTsBrady: 11/16 for 100yds and 1TD / 0 INTs :thumbup: (it's EARLY though.... NE needs a TD here....)

Let's see if we can say something good about the Colts.Ahh....ahh....ahh...they still haven't punted in the playoffs.

Brady needs to quit going deep.....stick with what works....2-1 mix of short pass and run....I know you gotta keep the defense honest but if it means an INT then is it worth it?

GAME OVER.....Ok.. Call this one its over.. Start the next one,, bring on Philly/Car..
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: apparently some of you don't watch a lot of football.

just a question... Is Indy playing the prevent defense? Everyone is open 10yds and under.. Don't they know you play prevent when 1) you're in the lead and 2) the clock is running out..another fourth down conversion..

Patriots going for it makes sense. A FG still is just a two-score lead. and they convert. Sad, sad defense.

Users who are viewing this thread