Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Alberta Clipper

DOES SOS DEF use league scoring?

6 posts in this topic

I've used almost every feature of the DD for many years but just noticed something odd today.

When I run the SOS for DEF for 2 different leagues that have different scoring systems.

i.e. League A is moderate DST scoring with some pts for pts agg and yds agg

and League B is low - i.e. no pts for yds or pts agg.

I get the same total ytd and weekly breakdown for SOS DEF.

Doesn't the SOS schedule update #'s based on your leagues scoring system?

Any insights are appreciated.

thx

I've used almost every feature of the DD for many years but just noticed something odd today.When I run the SOS for DEF for 2 different leagues that have different scoring systems.i.e. League A is moderate DST scoring with some pts for pts agg and yds aggand League B is low - i.e. no pts for yds or pts agg.I get the same total ytd and weekly breakdown for SOS DEF.Doesn't the SOS schedule update #'s based on your leagues scoring system?Any insights are appreciated.thx

What are your GameByGame settings?

Hi. Game by game weights are 1.0 for every week 1-17.

Both leagues scoring systems have turnovers =2 and DST TD=6.

League A has sacks =0, 4-10 pts for pts agg, and 4-10 pts for yds agg.

League B has sacks =1, 5-12 pts for pts agg, and nothing for yds agg (FFPC).

Both have the same YTD SOS DEF # for each team after updating projections, etc.

Hi. Game by game weights are 1.0 for every week 1-17.Both leagues scoring systems have turnovers =2 and DST TD=6.League A has sacks =0, 4-10 pts for pts agg, and 4-10 pts for yds agg.League B has sacks =1, 5-12 pts for pts agg, and nothing for yds agg (FFPC).Both have the same YTD SOS DEF # for each team after updating projections, etc.

Which numbers are you talking about? Projections or SOS? SOS won't change - that's just the strength or weakness of their opponent.

I assumed the SOS would adjust for diff scoring systems.

It's odd to make decisions based on sos for dst that has the top teams ave 17-18 pts/game for lower scoring leagues that only will ave 10-12 ppg.

It's all relative. The differences between teams should be similar. SOS looks at impact of offensive team vs. defensive team and isn't sophisticated enough to know the difference in how points are scored.