What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2012 IN season blurbgasm (1 Viewer)

12punch

Footballguy
continuing the 2012 OFFseason blurbgasm, we welcome all idp news and discussion of said news, including, but not limited to, injuries, promotions/demotions, random chitchat, bath salts, and whatever.

who will be the first player to kick this thread off...?

Newly acquired Lions CB

Drayton Florence
was already getting first-team reps at Monday's practice.

He was just signed on Saturday. With Chris Houston (ankle) sidelined, he lined up at right corner opposite rookie Bill Bentley.

edit: is the rookie corner rule in play here, or the chump corner rule?

Last edited by a moderator:
Redskins SS Brandon Meriweather will be sidelined 2-4 weeks after spraining his left MCL and PCL in Monday's practice.

it'll probably be some combo of gomes and doughty, imo.

somebody asked about meriweather somewhere in here recently, and I'd bear in mind that belichick outright cut him and ended up playing a wr at db, while chicago picked him up, but quickly benched him -- he's no longer in chicago.

the knock on him is that he plays bad angles, is a poor decision maker, and gets burnt on mistakes going for a big hit, or just lines up where he shouldn't.

I think that's more exposed at fs, or in cover 2, but I don't see washington playing along with that for long even at ss.

the funny thing is a lot of people thought his deficiencies would be hidden in the chicago scheme, and maybe that scheme was just what he needed to succeed.

it all depends on your league's depth, of course, but I'd say there's more risk associted with meriweather than many safeties, although there's some upside, as well.

Justin King has won the Colts' nickel corner job

Second-round pick Andre Branch has earned a starting job

Giants CB Michael Coe exited Wednesday night's opener with a third-quarter hamstring injury.

looked like blackburn had to come out very late.

Lions starting FS Louis Delmas (knee) and LCB Chris Houston (ankle) both missed practice again Thursday.

Delmas has missed the entire preseason after undergoing surgery in early August. Houston sprained his ankle in the third exhibition games.

Falcons re-signed CB (and potential returner)Dominique Franks.

Panthers FS Haruki Nakamura is expected to start over Sherrod Martin in the season opener.

Steelers OLB James Harrison (knee) will not play on Sunday Night Football against the Broncos.Harrison suffered a midweek setback and will be inactive for the rematch of January's playoff loss. The Steelers figure to look to Chris Carter and Jason Worilds opposite LaMarr Woodley. Harrison has indicated that he's not experiencing a ton of pain or discomfort, but clearly his recovery from offseason knee surgery has not gone smoothly.

Browns CB Joe Haden revealed Friday that he will "mirror" DeSean Jackson in coverage against the Eagles in Week 1

The Lions are expected to start rookie Bill Bentley and Jacob Lacey in Week 1 against the Rams, with Drayton Florence in the nickel.

Lions FS Louis Delmas (knee) and LCB Chris Houston (ankle) are listed as doubtful for Week 1 against the Rams.

Chiefs LCB Brandon Flowers (heel) is questionable for Week 1 against the Falcons.

Flowers got in three limited practices this week, and indicated on Monday he'll be a game-time decision. S Kendrick Lewis (shoulder) is doubtful and unlikely to play, while LBs Jovan Belcher (groin) and LB Derrick Johnson (ankle) are both questionable.

Suspended SLB Scott Fujita has been reinstated to the Browns' active roster following Friday's appeals ruling in the Bounty case, and will be eligible to play against the Eagles on Sunday.

Jets coach Rex Ryan confirmed Friday that NT Sione Pouha (questionable, back) is unlikely to play in Week 1 against the Bills.

Titans DT Sen'Derrick Marks (knee) is not expected to play in Week 1.

He's listed as doubtful on the injury report.

Steelers OLB James Harrison (knee) will not play on Sunday Night Football against the Broncos.

Harrison suffered a midweek setback and will be inactive

Kaluka Maiava will enter the season as the Browns' starting weak-side linebacker.

Eagles MLB DeMeco Ryans will not play a three-down role on Sunday against the Browns.

Coach Andy Reid confirmed Friday that he will be shuffling his linebackers depending on the package.

Texans OLB Brooks Reed (hip) did not practice Friday and is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Dolphins.

Reed was added to the injury report on Friday and will be a game-time decision. "Brooks was in a drill, came out of his stance, felt a twinge in his hip and got a sore hip," said head coach Gary Kubiak.

I know nobody cares about my team, but earlier this summer I signed up for one of a series of slow idp mocks ratcliffe had organized on mfl.

it's best ball, and sack friendly, so I figured I'd load up on a couple extra lb, for a total of 6 - overkill.

I reached for one foundation lb early - dez bishop.

after that I went mostly 3-4 olb, getting james harrison late, and topping it off with brooks reed with my last pick.

I'm just hoping I have a lb left by the time week one actually gets rolling.

Browns LB James Michael-Johnson (oblique) has been ruled out for Week 1.

Johnson could miss up to four weeks and hasn't been cleared to return to practice. Scott Fujita (leg) "most likely won't play" Sunday despite having his suspension overturned. Undrafted free agent L.J. Fort is expected to start for the Browns at strongside linebacker.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Dwight Freeney will undergo an MRI to determine the severity of the ankle injury that knocked him out of Sunday's game at Chicago.

Seahawks coach Pete Carroll clarified after Sunday's loss that LT Russell Okung suffered a left knee injury against the Cardinals.

Bears MLB Brian Urlacher sat out most of the second half of Sunday's Week 1 win over the Colts as the team attempted to manage his knee injury.

Browns RCB Sheldon Brown left Sunday's loss to the Eagles with a stinger in the first quarter and did not return.

Titans MLB Colin McCarthy was sporting a walking boot after Sunday's opener, but says his ankle is fine.

McCarthy injured the ankle in the second quarter. He returned, but couldn't finish out the game and was replaced by Will Witherspoon at middle linebacker. "I just tweaked my ankle, I'll be fine," McCarthy insisted.

The Eagles are using rookie LB Mychal Kendricks as an every-down linebacker.

Lions rookie CB Bill Bentley has been officially diagnosed with a concussion

X-rays on Rams LT Rodger Saffold's injured neck have come back negative, but he will spend the night in the hospital as a precaution.

Falcons CB Brent Grimes left Sunday's game versus the Chiefs with a calf injury.

Bears CB Charles Tillman was forced from Sunday's Week 1 game versus the Colts with a lower-leg injury.

Tillman is done for the afternoon after originally sustaining the injury in the first half. Kelvin Hayden has come on as his replacement.

Vikings RCB Chris Cook exited Sunday's game with a second-quarter stinger.

yeah, I might start including some OT news in here for DE match ups.

Daaaaamnnn.....that sux for grimey.

Btw, revis had a 'mild' concussion.

Edit- also, they finally dropped the hammer on haden -- 4 games

And sensabaugh is having concussion issues

Saints placed LB Jonathan Vilma (knee) on the reserve/PUP list

think taylor mays got yanked in this mnf game.

Brian Cushing, who had been nursing bruised ribs and was limited in practice last week, left the Miami game early.

Titans MLB Colin McCarthy was sporting a walking boot after Sunday's opener, but says his ankle is fine.

McCarthy injured the ankle in the second quarter. He returned, but couldn't finish out the game and was replaced by Will Witherspoon at middle linebacker. "I just tweaked my ankle, I'll be fine," McCarthy insisted.

This needs its own MB post

Broncos CB Chris Harris sprained his ankle in Sunday's win over the Steelers, and was spotted wearing a walking boot on Tuesday.

The Broncos' primary nickel corner, Harris played 65 snaps Sunday

Raiders CB Ronald Bartell has been diagnosed with a broken left shoulder blade, and will be sidelined a minimum of four weeks.

Limited to just one game by a severe neck injury last season, Bartell entered Week 1 as the Raiders' starting left corner.

Chargers LCB Quentin Jammer broke his hand in Monday's win over the Raiders.

Jammer's most likely fill-in Shareece Wright suffered an ankle injury against Oakland.

Did he(cushing leave early or rested like urlacher when the game was out of hand?
he was in there with 9 min to play when the game was pretty much over, and I think he's back at practice.sounds like they just pulled an injured starter so he didn't get injured further.

Giants CB Terrell Thomas reportedly underwent surgery this week to repair his right ACL for the third time.

Dwight Freeney (ankle) was held out of Colts practice for the second straight day Thursday

Chiefs LCB Brandon Flowers (heel) was a full participant in Thursday's practice for the first time since late July.

The Jets expect to make a decision on Darrelle Revis' (concussion) Week 2 availability by Saturday.

Lions LCB Chris Houston (ankle) remains on track to play in Sunday's game against the 49ers.

Lions LCB Chris Houston (ankle) remains on track to play in Sunday's game against the 49ers.
The Lions are expected to be without CBs Chris Houston (ankle) and Bill Bentley (concussion) as well as FS Louis Delmas (knee) on Sunday Night Football against the 49ers.Colts RE/OLB Dwight Freeney (ankle) is listed as out for Week 2.

The Jets may expand Joe McKnight’s role in an unconventional way against the Steelers on Sunday. The Daily News has learned that McKnight, who was beaten out by Bilal Powell for the Jets’ third-down running back job, practiced at cornerback this week.

McKnight played in just three of the Jets’ 67 snaps in Week 1, according to Pro Football Focus. His primary responsibilities will be at running back, but the Jets may use him as an emergency cornerback in Pittsburgh. McKnight took some practice reps all week and met with defensive coaches to prepare for the task, according to sources.

The Jets are down to only four healthy cornerbacks on the active roster after All-Pro Darrelle Revis (concussion) was ruled out for the game. The Jets typically have carried six cornerbacks on their roster in the past.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-jets-running-back-joe-mcknight-practices-cornerback-preparation-game-pittsburgh-steelers-article-1.1160233

Giants LB Michael Boley expects to start in Sunday's game against the Buccaneers.

Boley has been dealing with a hamstring injury since the preseason. Last week, Keith Rivers started in place of Boley, but Rivers now has a hamstring issue of his own and is listed as doubtful.

Patrick Lee will start in place of CB Ronald Bartell (shoulder) on Sunday.

Bartell will be sidelined four to six weeks with a fractured scapula.

edit: bartell IR'd - designated to return

Chris Harris (ankle) did not practice on Saturday for the Broncos.

Harris saw significant snaps at slot cornerback as the Broncos' primary nickel corner in Week 1,

Panthers LDE Greg Hardy (illness) and reserve DT Frank Kearse (illness) have been downgraded to questionable for Week 2.

Falcons nickel CB Christopher Owens left Monday night's game against the Broncos with a head injury.

Owens, who is playing because Brent Grimes is on injured reserve, was replaced by Dominique Franks in the lineup.

Chargers CB Shareece Wright is out 4-6 weeks with a high ankle sprain and partial tear of an ankle ligament.

Raiders RCB Shawntae Spencer is out indefinitely with a right foot sprain.

Rams LT Rodger Saffold's Week 2 knee injury has been diagnosed as a grade-three MCL sprain.

Lions CB Drayton Florence suffered a potentially "long-term" arm/hand injury in Sunday's loss.

Cowboys FS Gerald Sensabaugh may miss "a couple of weeks" with a right calf strain

Redskins OLB Brian Orakpo has re-torn his left pectoral, and is out for the season.

Redskins DE Adam Carriker has been diagnosed with a torn quad, and is done for the season.

Eagles LT King Dunlap (hamstring) is not expected to play in Week 3.

Coach Tom Coughlin confirmed that RT David Diehl sustained an MCL injury in Sunday's win over the Bucs.

Bengals DE Jamaal Anderson is likely out for the season after tearing his quadriceps muscle in Week 2.

Lions S John Wendling was benched during Sunday night's loss to the 49ers.

Ravens SS Bernard Pollard has been diagnosed with a rib contusion.

Redskins CB Josh Wilson sustained a concussion during the Week 2 loss to the Rams.

Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin

#Bengals DC Zimmer hints at more lineup changes: “I’m not going to stand pat for this.”

Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin

Lewis says can't win in NFL giving up 27 points

If I had to guess at changes, someone moving from CB to Safety (maybe Clements) and/or the return of Dunlap. As bad as Rey has been (for a while now), I just don't think they have any options at MLB.

Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin #Bengals DC Zimmer hints at more lineup changes: “I’m not going to stand pat for this.”Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin Lewis says can't win in NFL giving up 27 pointsIf I had to guess at changes, someone moving from CB to Safety (maybe Clements) and/or the return of Dunlap. As bad as Rey has been (for a while now), I just don't think they have any options at MLB.
muckleroy maybe? he was just resigned last week after announcing howard's IR. he knows the system and they were very high on him at different times. he maybe needs a little time to get back to game ready.

those cincy twits are interesting.

not to make excuses for anybody, and just as a casual fan who doesn't follow cincy, I think when you lose rushers like dunlap and guys in your backfield it will take a toll on the results.

I've seen it in new england.

maybe they'll convert hawkins to db.

ps

Captain Munnerlyn has lost his starting job to fifth-round rookie Josh Norman.

Lions CB Drayton Florence sustained a broken right forearm in the Week 2 loss to the 49ers.

this thread has come full circle.

DE Juqua Parker had to leave the field on a cart with a foot sprain

CB Javier Arenas suffered a sprained neck during a second-half punt return in the Chiefs game at Buffalo and did not return. He was in no apparent pain after the game.

T Wayne Hunter will be the starter at left tackle with Rodger Saffold out at least four weeks with a knee injury.

The Titans were without defensive captain and middle linebacker Colin McCarthy in San Diego, and he still had a walking boot on his right foot during the game. They also are using a new safety combination with Michael Griffin playing close to the line at strong safety while Robert Johnson has gotten the first two starts of his career at free the bulk of his career.

note: looks like griffin got nearly half those tackles in the 4th qtr with sd running the ball to kill clock.

Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin #Bengals DC Zimmer hints at more lineup changes: “I’m not going to stand pat for this.”Geoff Hobson @GeoffHobsonCin Lewis says can't win in NFL giving up 27 pointsIf I had to guess at changes, someone moving from CB to Safety (maybe Clements) and/or the return of Dunlap. As bad as Rey has been (for a while now), I just don't think they have any options at MLB.
muckleroy maybe? he was just resigned last week after announcing howard's IR. he knows the system and they were very high on him at different times. he maybe needs a little time to get back to game ready.
That would be awesome. I haven't seen enough of Muckelroy actually healthy to know if he is any good or not, but if anyone played a halfway decent MLB for this team/system they would be elite for tackles. As a fan, I would like to see Muck take over in nickel to phase him in. Even if that happens, Safety might be an even more glaring need. Mays was awful enough to get benched by wk1 halftime and Miles personally put together a TRich highlight reel with his horrible angles and missed tackles Sunday. Nelson is a player, but he can only play one of the S spots at a time.

Bills FS Jairus Byrd suffered a foot injury in Sunday's win over the Chiefs, and will be a game-time decision for Week 3.

"He's taken a step back," coach Chan Gailey said Wednesday. "He's going to struggle to make some practice this week, so we'll have to see. It may be a gametime decision on him."

Raiders MLB Rolando McClain is dealing with an ankle injury and a concussion

I've noticed a lot more concussions since the nfl has been getting sued.

Bengals DE Carlos Dunlap (knee) has resumed practicing, and is expected to make his 2012 debut in Week 3.

Sheldon Brown has lost his starting RCB job to Buster Skrine.

Darrelle Revis (concussion) still hasn't been cleared for contact.

Sheldon Brown has lost his starting RCB job to Buster Skrine.
so patterson stood in for haden while skrine unseats brown?i'm not entirely sure this is the case though team report .
It's the case, coaches liked what they saw from Skrine - just a couple of mistakes from being overly aggressive. Have to give him a shot because Sheldon's proven he can't do it. He's a much better fit inside, preferably bench, but there isn't enough depth to do it. Skrine gets 3 weeks to earn a bigger role, if he does when Haden comes back Skrine goes inside and Sheldon's demoted to 4th corner.

Lions CB Bill Bentley (concussion) was cleared for contact Thursday.

The Steelers will be without SS Troy Polamalu (calf) and OLB James Harrison (knee) again in Week 3 versus the Raiders.

Ravens SS Bernard Pollard (ribs) says he will play in Sunday night's game against the Patriots.

Darrelle Revis (concussion) has been cleared for contact

Giants rookie CB Jayron Hosley left Thursday night's game with a hamstring injury and will not return.

and rolle got hurt but I don't know what happened to him.

Users who are viewing this thread