Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

It's a tough start against that defense but I'm playing him too. He just needs one big play to make his day and he got 12 targets last week. There's little doubt he's the Colts #1WR.

Yeah.  Every receiver has a bad game but these top guys can go off on anyone.  Impossible to stop at times due to the rules. 

Like him this year and played him in week 1 but he's going to the bench this week. Going to roll with Nelson and D. Jax (Was).

As much as I like Hilton I would not play him this week vs Denver if I had a reasonable alternative. He missed practice on Thursday (which may or may not be relevant) and perhaps more importantly, he hasn't really been spectacular vs the Broncos in the recent past...I think the Broncos are going to put heat on Luck all day.

4 hours ago, Team Smokin' said:

Today? I'm watching it and a tad concerned. Terrible matchup in Denver this week.

He's fine, full practice. Not even listed as questionable.

He's got a super tough match up this week and then he's going to blow up for 4-5 weeks. Even when Moncrief comes back he'll be fine.

T.Y. Hilton caught 7-of-10 targets for 42 yards and a touchdown Week 4 against the Jaguars.

Hilton was held in check most of the game by rookie CB Jalen Ramsey, who ate his lunch a couple times at the line of scrimmage. He did manage to get open on a short crossing route near the goal line, but a bad throw from Andrew Luck took him out of bounds. He got open on a broken play the very next snap, and Luck hit him that time for a short score. Hilton came up limping after going down hard on the sideline late in the game, so it is possible he was slowed by a lingering knee injury. Even so, Hilton will be a locked-in WR1 next week against the Bears.

Oct 2 - 1:39 PM

I'll take it. Ramsey looks legit. He's going to keep seeing heavy targets and easier match ups. Should have some big games going forward.

Hilton looking awfully low in this weeks early rankings.  Is there something I should know about here? An injury maybe.  He's been a WR2 at worst with WR1 upside all year. 

Yeah I literally lol when I saw that. I have no idea what they are seeing that I'm not. He's a top 15 option this week imo. 

27 minutes ago, Raiderfan32904 said:

Hilton looking awfully low in this weeks early rankings.  Is there something I should know about here? An injury maybe.  He's been a WR2 at worst with WR1 upside all year. 

He torched them for 7/133/1 a few weeks back. Yes, Moncrief is back, but Nelson and Adams just destroyed the Titans secondary last week. No reason not to think Hilton couldn't duplicate what he did earlier.

• Like 1

Granted, he was banged up going into their game before the bye, but he played the whole game and had a 6/82 stat line. I don't see how he wouldn't be a Top 10 option this week.

Theres a bias against Hilton I'll never understand. Part of the hype on Moncrief this year was because everyone thought he had a chance to take the top spot away from TY

5 minutes ago, Wise Old Owl said:

Theres a bias against Hilton I'll never understand. Part of the hype on Moncrief this year was because everyone thought he had a chance to take the top spot away from TY

Which was absolutely never happening. 

1 hour ago, MattFancy said:

He torched them for 7/133/1 a few weeks back. Yes, Moncrief is back, but Nelson and Adams just destroyed the Titans secondary last week. No reason not to think Hilton couldn't duplicate what he did earlier.

Luck also missed him on a wide open 7 yard TD pass and they took a long TD back because of penalty. T.Y. honestly could have had 200+ yards and 3 TD's in that game.

Edited by Milkman

Was wondering the same thing. I think Hilton could still be useful, but would definitely have to lower expectations with Luck out. 

32 minutes ago, Jman18980 said:

What are his prospects with Luck out?

I have never seen Tolzien play???

Not worth starting 

46 minutes ago, Jman18980 said:

Tolkien actually had a decent game or two for GB IIRC. But he doesn't have a big arm. Fairly capable but short passes and some picks. I'm guessing the stats prove me wrong since I haven't checked but that's what I remember.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006

3 hours ago, SaintsInDome2006 said:

Tolkien actually had a decent game or two for GB IIRC. But he doesn't have a big arm. Fairly capable but short passes and some picks. I'm guessing the stats prove me wrong since I haven't checked but that's what I remember.

One QB to rule them all.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Jman18980 said:

Tolzien played two games in 2013 for the Packers. His numbers:

48-73 (65,8%)

619 yards

1 TD

5 INT

As a multiple Hilton owner, I'm scared big time

• Like 1

I hate to say it but you have to look at the bench this week. I have him and trade deadline has past to really try and get close to replacing him for a week or two.  If you have other options you have to look at them.  I just hope I don't drink too much tomorrow and put him anyway. :banned:Good news is my opponent has Moncrief so we both were screwed.  

Treading water with TY this week??? Experts seem to think it's a Frank Gore type of game? INDY is in the hunt and it is essential they play to win the game. LOL - remember that line!

Fingers crossed for Luck to return...

Have him in two leagues where replacements right now (depending on how Waivers play out) would be Lockett, Crowell or McKinnon in one league and Wallace, Corey Coleman or Hunter Henry in the other. So at the moment still keeping Hilton in the starting lineup in both.

Tolzien has to throw to someone...Hilton seems more adept at the sort of quick routes he'll likely be asked to make, whereas Moncreif seems like he'll suffer more from a noodle-armed passer.  I'm thinking Hilton can still do some damage, especially if the Colts fall behind early.

15 hours ago, Danish Bengal said:

Tolzien played two games in 2013 for the Packers. His numbers:

48-73 (65,8%)

619 yards

1 TD

5 INT

As a multiple Hilton owner, I'm scared big time

That TD-INT ratio is horrendous. Decided to dig a little deeper into his two games in 2013 to see how his #1 WR Jordy Nelson did.

Game #1 (11/10/13): Jordy Nelson 10 targets, 6 receptions, 56 yards (Seneca Wallace got the start at QB in this one. Left with a groin injury after one series).

Game #2 (11/17/13): Jordy Nelson 9 targets, 8 receptions, 117 yards

I definitely don't think anybody should be considering Tolzien as a QB streaming option this week. However, it does seem he is capable of getting the ball to his #1 WR which in this case would be TY Hilton. Even more so now that Donte Moncrief popped up on the injury report today with a hamstring.

tl;dr: Hilton's TD upside takes a hit with Tolzien but should still have a decent floor with yardage. Hope this eases your fear somewhat.

Dammit, I hate everything about Tolzien and the Indy passing game this week. People are referencing his 2 games from 3 years ago on an elite GB offense as a reason to be optimistic? This week is a MUST win for me. Hilton is good enough to pull a rabbit out of his hat, but I'll be rooting for him on my bench. I'm starting Thielen instead.

2 hours ago, Air Stich said:

Dammit, I hate everything about Tolzien and the Indy passing game this week. People are referencing his 2 games from 3 years ago on an elite GB offense as a reason to be optimistic? This week is a MUST win for me. Hilton is good enough to pull a rabbit out of his hat, but I'll be rooting for him on my bench. I'm starting Thielen instead.

Same here for the same reasons. 

8 hours ago, Air Stich said:

Yep, I'm a Moncrief and AJ Green owner who is facing the double whammy of Tolzien and the late Moncrief injury.  I saw that Stefon Diggs is likely out so grabbed Thielen as a better opportunity play than Moncrief (or Hilton).  I also grabbed Eli Rogers as Steelers will likely be playing ball control with Bell and short passing game given Tolzein.

10 minutes ago, davewwright said:

Yep, I'm a Moncrief and AJ Green owner who is facing the double whammy of Tolzien and the late Moncrief injury.  I saw that Stefon Diggs is likely out so grabbed Thielen as a better opportunity play than Moncrief (or Hilton).  I also grabbed Eli Rogers as Steelers will likely be playing ball control with Bell and short passing game given Tolzein.

I don't really see the Steelers playing ball control offense.  I see them pushing hard to score.  Again and again, over and over.  

Why would they worry about keeping the ball away from Tolzien?

1 hour ago, identikit said:

I don't really see the Steelers playing ball control offense.  I see them pushing hard to score.  Again and again, over and over.  

Why would they worry about keeping the ball away from Tolzien?

Only reason would be a short week possibly.  Overthinking it perhaps but get a lead and get out of town.  Push it early and put on cruise control.  Only reason and not one I want to see.

FF rule101 never bench your studs.  I been burned so many times by over thinking these type of situations. TY stays in my lineup.

5 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

If Moncrief is out, does that make Hilton and even better or worse play?

Good call. I would think it bumps Ty a tad. PIT could be stacking the box to slow Gore?

5 minutes ago, Gopher State said:

FF rule101 never bench your studs.  I been burned so many times by over thinking these type of situations. TY stays in my lineup.

And if playing from behind INDY will have to throw even if turnovers happen. I cannot see PIT sitting quietly. I can see them foot on the accelerator. Ty stays in my lineup too!

8 minutes ago, MattFancy said:

If Moncrief is out, does that make Hilton and even better or worse play?

Was wondering that myself. With Moncreif out wouldn't Pitt D stack the box,double TY and dare Joleen,er I mean Tolzein to beat them?

25 minutes ago, Rubi said:

Was wondering that myself. With Moncreif out wouldn't Pitt D stack the box,double TY and dare Joleen,er I mean Tolzein to beat them?

I doubt Moncrief sits. He still logged a limited practice and FYI, no local news on him being at risk to miss the game.