What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (1 Viewer)

Thinking Moncrief plays (as decoy), making Hilton a major boom/bust play this week.  Indy may collapse or feed Hilton ala Diggs and Minnesota short passing game.

Thinking Moncrief plays (as decoy), making Hilton a major boom/bust play this week.  Indy may collapse or feed Hilton ala Diggs and Minnesota short passing game.
Tough to sit TY. He's been in Julio, AJ, Brown territory this year,

T.Y. has had some huge drops this year. That one hurt but it probably wasn't a TD but last week a drop on a 50 yard TD and now this drop......ugh.

Good chance that was a TD if he held on.

Now he makes a tough catch deep over the middle, and is down on the field. 

I have a feeling Hilton's back is a bit more serious than most think. Not one bit of news about it Today...If there wasn't much of a problem,I think it would have been mentioned Today..If no news comes out Tomorrow about Hilton's back,I'd be really worried. Never good when teams are hush hush on their stud players.

I have a feeling Hilton's back is a bit more serious than most think. Not one bit of news about it Today...If there wasn't much of a problem,I think it would have been mentioned Today..If no news comes out Tomorrow about Hilton's back,I'd be really worried. Never good when teams are hush hush on their stud players.
Idk.  I'm sure the team had a day off after a Thanksgiving day game, and an upcoming 10 day break.  All the local news had players saying they were going to be celebrating on Friday with their families.

Looking to pick up Dorsett if TY can't go Monday night.   Hoping to know something by Sunday.  
Dorsett hasn't really impressed when given extended playing time but it's my strategy as well so I can handcuff TY through MNF. Don't want to start a WW guy on Sunday, would prefer to ride it out.

Is Dorsett good enough to play over someone like Diggs/Crabs if TY out?
Not at all.   If TY is ruled out by Sunday it becomes an easy decision.  If you have a similar type WR you can plug in, I think you should.

I have Landry or Boyd I could plug in on Sunday.  If TY looks to play, I'll probably wait on him.  If he is a late scratch, I picked up Dorsett to hopefully avoid a zero.  

Not at all.   If TY is ruled out by Sunday it becomes an easy decision.  If you have a similar type WR you can plug in, I think you should.

I have Landry or Boyd I could plug in on Sunday.  If TY looks to play, I'll probably wait on him.  If he is a late scratch, I picked up Dorsett to hopefully avoid a zero.  
Have M Thomas and Crabtree as well as TY and Dorsett with 2 spots.  Do you roll the dice for Monday?

Rolling with Ty even though it's MNF. This game has a lot meaning for the Colts. And hopefully the Jets will keep them airing it out?

So what does the Luck injury/mystery do to TY's prospects for the season?
No idea. Without knowing how long Luck could be out for, it's hard to take him at his current ADP. But he clearly has tons of upside with Luck in the lineup.

Having a really hard time valuing this guy.  How are people valuing TY with all the uncertainty around Luck?

Passed on him at a 3/4 turn (10T PPR) and regretted it... even though I'm bearish on Luck this year. 

FWIW, when Tolzien started that Thanksgiving game last year, Hilton played roughly the entire first half (before getting injured). During that half, he produced 3 rec, 5 targets, 54 yds. 

Extremely small sample, but it seems at the very least, Tolzien could still get the ball to him. 

Im sure tolzein is going to be dreadful but the one thing he did do well was throw a nice deep ball. I remember a game he started vs NYG where he had like 3 50+ yard tds

Im sure tolzein is going to be dreadful but the one thing he did do well was throw a nice deep ball. I remember a game he started vs NYG where he had like 3 50+ yard tds
I'm as much on the fence with Hilton fantasy-wise as anyone else but that statement is the one magic bullet in all this.  Hilton with Tolzien could go a whole game with 3/26 but then that one play turns it into 4/101/td and then, well, how does that look compared to the guy you subbed him out for?  

It's probably good to remember that no, he won't likely be 8/156/2 with Tolzien but he won't be as bad as those memories we had when they had horrid Abs patch working and Indy sucking terribly when Luck was out before. 

Where do people see Hilton ranked this year? I'm a bit confused. Several people I talk to are just avoiding Jets and Colts players all together. That seems odd to me... Hilton is such a talent; even Pryor had some great value last year on the Browns and he can't hold Hilton's jock strap. Worst case scenario the Colts are without luck all season, but doesn't that imply that Hilton could and would get a massive amount of targets?

After my draft I received a lot of flack for having Hilton and Dez as my two WRs. I wasn't happy either but the alternatives were Demaryius Thomas, Hopkins, Allen Robinson, Keenan Allen, Baldwin, you get the picture... I was at the very end of the WR1 list without a WR1. I'm not terribly upset about TY... I think I got him rather cheap TBH. He's been the most reliable WR over the last several years. Can't say that about the others above, maybe Baldwin. I was bummed Cooks was taken right before me. I was itching to draft Dez and Cooks.

To test the waters I even sent a few trade offers for Hopkins (4 picks later), Cooks (pick right before me), and even Thomas (taken right after TY). All rejected, but thankfully so I guess. I was about to cancel the Hopkins offer when it was rejected. I was second guessing giving up two players to essentially downgrade at WR...

Interesting information on Hilton with the paid content for a stack recommendation for this week with Tolzein/Hilton. I don't want to give away paid content (not even sure if that's terribly frowned upon when it's just snippets like this), so I will just take a small quote:

the Rams are without all-world defensive tackle Aaron Donald, and that changes things for Tolzien. He will have more time to throw, and he is going to be staring down Hilton throughout this game. It would not surprise me if Hilton had 12+ targets in this game
Tolzein is a very good QB... when he played for Luck last year he impressed a lot of people and rightfully so. It's talented. He is accurate and he can throw the deep ball quite well.

Vegas doesn't see this being a very high scoring game (41.5 total), but I can't imagine that Hilton doesn't get at least 8 targets hopefully resulting in some nice PPR stats and maybe even a nice 25+ yard TD.

I guess due to the lack of discussion on TY, no one really knows what to expect. No one is happy with Luck being out... something went wrong with his rehab/recovery IMO; something's not right. But even so to completely disregard Tolzein seems to be a mistake. Hilton may not finish top 8, but I think Wr1 is still within his capability... or maybe I'm seeing what I want to see here because I'm invested. :shrug:

When did this happen?

I have Hilton so I hope you are correct but I haven't seen it yet.

Granted the sample size is small, only 3 starts but a 2 to 7 TD to INT ratio isn't very good
5 of those INTs came his rookie year as an undrafted FA when he was thrust into the starting lineup in GB...

I'm not saying hes NFL QB1 material... but as far as backups go, I was very displeased to see him leave GB. Indy got a great backup. Capable of starting a few games. Won't take anyone's job away, but his skill set is pretty darn good.

Tolzien did very well last year on Thanksgiving. His stats may not show it as he had  200 yards, 1 TD and 2 INT... but if you watched that game you were likely surprised at how he looked like he had command of the offense and stayed in control of the game best he could. That was his first year in this offense. If he can play at worst how he did on Thanksgiving last year, I will have zero worries as a TY owner.

When it comes to backups, Tolzien is possibly one of the best in the league excluding rookie "franchise" QBs who happen to be starting second on the depth chart

Last edited by a moderator:
Brissett is going to start this week but he has only been there for a week. I'm not sure this news changes much for Hilton this week 

Brissett is going to start this week but he has only been there for a week. I'm not sure this news changes much for Hilton this week 
It couldn’t get much worse. That said, I think Indy’s circumstance is so bad (Brissett may be an ok qb, but he has not had enough time to know the system) that Hilton is at best a #3wr and possibly nothing more than a bench stash until Luck returns.

Got this guys for $16 out of 210 in my auction & I can't even start him right now-- thought he was the steal of the draft-- Hopefully Luck is back by week 5 or 6. Is that still a possibility? 

Yea I mistakenly took TY at 1.12 this year thinking Luck would only be out a few weeks. I have to bench him this week. 

Users who are viewing this thread