What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (1 Viewer)

Brisset's better than people think. Think both he and Ty will be a lot better than 2017.
Agreed. Brisset has much better coaching now than he did in 2017 when he arrived just before the season started and was forced to start because of the Luck injury. He should be respectable, but Hilton still takes a hit.

Brisset's better than people think. Think both he and Ty will be a lot better than 2017.
Possibly. On the bright side too, Waldman loves Chad Kelly and before Luck announced his retirement, he felt Kelly should be the #2. I have one share of Hilton in my second most important league. I don’t think he’ll be a waste at least...

Hilton's year with Brisset had about the same per target stats as usual. Even the same target percentage. Main difference, the Colts threw the ball 460 times instead of their usual 600+.

• Smile
Reactions: ZWK
Agreed. Brisset has much better coaching now than he did in 2017 when he arrived just before the season started and was forced to start because of the Luck injury. He should be respectable, but Hilton still takes a hit.
WAY TOO REASONABLE 

He was going around mid 30's spot around Diggs and Cooper, loved him there with Luck. I'm dropping him to Cooper Kupp, Calvin Ridley level which seems to be around mid 50's.
I can agree with the drop I guess. Depends on leagues and etc etc so I'll modify putting a hard number on the drop and just leave it as I think he was being overlooked a bit and could have been a true wildcard for winning leagues and now he is not dead on the scrap heap so I think people will over react a bit. 

Hard to imagine Hilton will put up anywhere the stats he did with Luck, but as others have said, the last time Brissett started, he was thrust into the role. He’s now had time to get acclimated and will almost certainly try to get the ball in Hilton’s hands.

I would temper expectations but would not say it’s going to be a disaster either. Reich is a very good coach and knows QBs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hilton's year with Brisset had about the same per target stats as usual. Even the same target percentage. Main difference, the Colts threw the ball 460 times instead of their usual 600+.
I agree. I've written a 20% drop in all pass/receiving related  production into my rankings/tiers/projections, along with a 5% increase in all rushing related production, related to modified scheme/efficiency, but I have complete confidence that Brissett can deliver those #'s as a floor, with possible upside. I've had shares of him (Brissett) since he came into the League, and I think he's shown enough growth to be a full-time starter, who can take advantage game-wise, of being in a contract year. Ceiling limited, don't think he (Brissett) can crack top 12, but just outside is attainable, IMHO. That would put TY Firmly in the middle of WR2 range (WR18), with upside.

Went in his more or less normal ADP today in full PPR. Wait, take that back, dropped a couple spots, behind Cooper, both Rams, Edelman & Godwin. Plus the Chargers homer reached for Mike Williams at 4.07.

WR19, 46th (4.10)

His updated ECR rn is WR25 (58th) and consensus ADP 51. 

Pre-injury it was mid third for both.

I agree. I've written a 20% drop in all pass/receiving related  production into my rankings/tiers/projections, along with a 5% increase in all rushing related production, related to modified scheme/efficiency, but I have complete confidence that Brissett can deliver those #'s as a floor, with possible upside. I've had shares of him (Brissett) since he came into the League, and I think he's shown enough growth to be a full-time starter, who can take advantage game-wise, of being in a contract year. Ceiling limited, don't think he (Brissett) can crack top 12, but just outside is attainable, IMHO. That would put TY Firmly in the middle of WR2 range (WR18), with upside.
I had the Colts passing 600+ times before Luck retired. I'd reduce that to about 500 with the recent news. Maybe be high considering Brissett will take off more often, idk. The team was flat out bad in 2017. With an improved defense they should call more plays, and Reich passes more percentage-wise. 570 called passes, 70 of those rushes for Brissett.

The offensive line is way better so you'd expect better efficiency out of 2019 Brissett. I wouldn't recommend him as a fantasy qb at all, but Luck's departure is not a death sentence for Hilton. He's a top 10-15 receiver in the league for talent, so he has that going for him. Much better than anybody else on this team. I'm dropping Funchess and Ebron a lot more.

I didn't get to watch Brissett play too much but I understand he likes to chuck it, which in theory bodes well for Hilton. Any Colts homers, or anybody who watched him play want to weigh in on this?

Managed to snag him with the 58th pick in round 5.

He... just... kept... falling.  I had to take him.

Seems the Luck retirement was all anyone could talk about pre draft so it must have scared a lot away. 

It’s been years since I owned him, but I’ll take him as a WR2 in that spot.

Seems the Luck retirement was all anyone could talk about pre draft so it must have scared a lot away. 

I think you got killer value...

Also got him in the 5th round as my WR2. I really didn't want him but after Cooks & Woods were scooped up before him I decided to take the plunge. I took him over Edelman.

I got him 59th pick in round 5. He just keeps dropping...

I got him 59th pick in round 5. He just keeps dropping...
I waited on my second receiver so I’m hoping it pays off.  I went in with a strategy of having a weaker WR2 and taking a few fliers late on guys like Gallup. Didn’t think my “weaker” WR2 would be Hilton.

If Hilton is even remotely successful he’ll be a steal here paired with a solid WR1.

I honestly haven’t watched much of the Colts in the past few years because I never seem to own any of them. So I’m not sure how this ultimately pans out with Brisset.

Wow.....in ppr?  
0.5 PPR.

Hilton is a guy I never take because I always think hes overvalued. Now I think hes undervalued. That being said, I didn't feel great about the pick and in hindsight probably should've taken Edelman. Oh well. I doubt it will make or break my season. FBG draft dominator had Hilton over Edelman too and perhaps I let that influence my pick.

0.5 PPR.

Hilton is a guy I never take because I always think hes overvalued. Now I think hes undervalued. That being said, I didn't feel great about the pick and in hindsight probably should've taken Edelman. Oh well. I doubt it will make or break my season. FBG draft dominator had Hilton over Edelman too and perhaps I let that influence my pick.
Thanks for the insight, others like me, may be faced with the same decision.

What are some realistic projections for Hilton?

He can continue to be had at pretty good value in most of my drafts if you are seeking a late WR1 with a proven track record.

Brisset obviously throws a kink in here. 

I got him in 6.10 in a 12 team PPR. Barring injury there is no way he can’t out perform that, even if they had to direct snap it to Marlon Mack.

Paid $12 in my $200 auction, he is my WR4 behind Evans, Keenan and Lockett. Great price IMO
Interesting.  I got TY as my WR3 behind Keenan and Lockett.  I just couldn't pass him up.   I think I did well.   You did really well.  

Drafted him in the  8th as my #2 WR with Locket being my #1. I’m not comfortable going into this season with these two. I tried shipping Mixon for another WR as I’m loaded with RBs.

We’ll see how this turns out.

Tex

DocHolliday said:
Interesting.  I got TY as my WR3 behind Keenan and Lockett.  I just couldn't pass him up.   I think I did well.   You did really well.  
Same as my top 3 WRs. Good luck to us both GB. :hifive:

Just spent some time reading the Brissett thread. What are our expectations for for TY tomorrow?

I feel he will get heavily targeted. Chargers are gonna bring the heat on Brissett so it just depends how he handles it.

I have a feeling Hilton breaks a long one.

Fearless forecast

7 catches for 117 yards and a TD.

T.Y. Hilton caught 8-of-9 targets for 87 yards and two touchdowns in the Colts' Week 1 loss to the Chargers.

No other Colts player had more than five targets, as Hilton was thrown to on 33% of Jacoby Brissett's attempts. Hilton's first touchdown was a wide-open four-yarder in the middle of the defense, and the second was a 19-yard catch-and-run that forced the game to overtime. This was obviously Hilton's first game in the post-Andrew Luck era. Perhaps his floor won't be as low as many think without Luck. Brissett was good, not great, but was definitely functional. Hilton will be a WR2 next week against the Titans on the road.

Sep 8, 2019, 7:52 PM ET

Just spent some time reading the Brissett thread. What are our expectations for for TY tomorrow?

I feel he will get heavily targeted. Chargers are gonna bring the heat on Brissett so it just depends how he handles it.

I have a feeling Hilton breaks a long one.

Fearless forecast

7 catches for 117 yards and a TD.
He scored 20.7 in my league.

We get 3 points for 100 yards receiving.

7 catches for 117 and a TD would have been 20.7 points. 

Wierd.

One of the finest plays youll see on that TD catch. His ceiling might be a good bit lower without Luck but his floor is still solid WR1 territory. 

What are we thinking about his matchup with TENN?  That defense is tough as nails. Held OBJ and the Cleveland offense largely in check.  Game is in tenn. brissett a low volume game manager.  I’m playing the best team in the league on paper.  I’m thinking of benching TY for a crazy upside play like dk metcalf. 

I know that sounds INSANE and I assure you if luck was still the QB no way in hell im doing that.  

But I have a feeling this is a down week for TY vs a tough opponent.  

Where do we think T.Y. Hilton ranks ROS in non-PPR?  Is he a fringe WR1 or more of a lower ceiling WR2?
They were trailing the whole game last week and Brissett only threw the ball 27 times. Hilton did get one third of his targets, although I don't think you can count on that kind of target share. I'm thinking he's still got a shot at 120 targets which is probably good enough for high-end WR2 numbers. Of course TDs are unpredictable and will dictate. If he ends up with 10, he could sneak into the bottom of the top 12. If he only ends up with 4, he could wind up in the low 20's. Or maybe they just started slow with Brissett and they let him open things up. If he unexpectedly throws the ball 35 times a game from here on out, Hilton easily has WR1 upside.

What are we thinking about his matchup with TENN?  That defense is tough as nails. Held OBJ and the Cleveland offense largely in check.  Game is in tenn. brissett a low volume game manager.  I’m playing the best team in the league on paper.  I’m thinking of benching TY for a crazy upside play like dk metcalf. 

I know that sounds INSANE and I assure you if luck was still the QB no way in hell im doing that.  

I would play TY.

That's ballsy. Two things to consider:

1) Cleveland had 182 yards of penalties. I don't think I would give all the credit in that game to the TEN defense.
2) You call Brissett a low volume game manager, and while Wilson is no game manger, he averaged 26.7 pass attempts per game last year and only threw the ball 20 times last week. Lockett,  his presumed WR1, only had 2 targets in that game. I'm not sure Metcalf has any more upside than Hilton but he sure as hell has a lower downside.

Didn't Wilson throw less passes than Brissett last week?

T.Y. Hilton caught 4-of-6 targets for 43 yards and one touchdown in the Colts' Week 2 win over the Titans.

Hilton caught a jump ball touchdown from a few yards out to save his stat line. Otherwise, it was a relatively slow day for Hilton and the entire Colts' offense with the Titans playing slow on the other side of the ball. Through two games, Jacoby Brissett isn't playing bad, but he's not playing great either. Hilton should have more catches and yards next week in the Colts' first home game of the season against the Falcons. Hilton will be a WR2.

Just popped up with the questionable tag on yahoo app but am not seeing any news of injury.

Would be just my luck with how healthy my receivers have been this year so far.

T.Y. Hilton (quad) is questionable for the Colts' Week 3 matchup against the Falcons.

We tentatively expect Hilton to suit up Sunday considering the Colts have shown little concern over his status this week. He was a limited participant in practice all week. Hilton has posted 8-87-2 and 4-43-1 lines to start the season and carries a solid weekly floor as the Colts' undisputed No.1 pass-game option. He remains locked in as a WR2, but the offense's run-first philosophy undoubtedly lowers his weekly ceiling.

SOURCE: Colts on Twitter.

Sep 20, 2019, 3:50 PM ET

T.Y. Hilton (questionable, quad) is expected to play Week 3 against the Falcons but will test his injured quad in pregame warmups before a final decision is made.

Marlon Mack (calf) will also be a game-time call, though both are expected to go barring an 11th-hour setback. It's been a productive start for Hilton, who is tied for the league-lead with three receiving touchdowns. Playing at home for the first time in 2019, he should be in for a nice day against a Falcons secondary that let up over 100 yards to Nelson Agholor in Week 2.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Sep 22, 2019, 8:05 AM ET

It will be Mclaurin or Hardman for me if he can't go.  Already have Watkins.  Would hate to roll out Hardman too and have Robinson go nuts again at his expense.  Leaning McLaurin.

Users who are viewing this thread