What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (1 Viewer)

Been reading some bad things about our boy TY.  Who is the next guy there if he were to be down for a bit? The Pascal guy?

Been reading some bad things about our boy TY.  Who is the next guy there if he were to be down for a bit? The Pascal guy?
There's a local colts writer who posted TY will possible be out some time. I cut larry fitz for pascal in ppr. Pascal has shown he can have some great games if targeted. I think it will be either him or 1 of the tight ends that benefit if TY is out.

Reich said Hilton could miss 3 weeks because of the calf injury. 
3-4 week injury

T.Y. Hilton (calf) has been ruled out for the Colts' Week 9 matchup against the Steelers.

Coach Frank Reich said generally speaking it's a 3-4 week injury. Hilton suffered the injury during practice Wednesday. It was tough to get behind any of the Colts receivers after Hilton as solid fantasy options with up to six different competent WRs and TEs playing a decent amount of snaps in any given week, but last week's matchup against the Broncos appeared to *finally* provide some resemblance of a defined pecking order at WR. Overall, Zach Pascal (92% snaps) and Chester Rogers (62%) worked as the offense's clear-cut top-two WRs behind Hilton. Look for electric rookie Parris Campbell to join them in 3-WR sets, while Deon Cain probably won't be a healthy scratch this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
With him out where would you guys rate Pascal?  Is he a WR2 or just a desperation play?
Desperation, but with Byes and injuries, I am starting him in one league this week....I think he’s a good player...decent size...good route running...on FP the flip side, Indy is run first and Brissett uses a lot of receivers

Just offered up Marvin Jones for him in a dynasty from a very desperate owner who has no other WR options this weekend.  I have a feeling that may be too much.

My WR corps of Lockett, Thielen, Hilton, and AJG looked great on paper to start the season.  Now I have to hold my breath and hope Thielen gets healthy before Sunday.

My WR corps of Lockett, Thielen, Hilton, and AJG looked great on paper to start the season.  Now I have to hold my breath and hope Thielen gets healthy before Sunday.
Yea, this is killing me as well.  I have Hilton, Thielen, Watkins, Mclauren.  I'm 6-2 but feels like the wheels are falling off. 

Yea, this is killing me as well.  I have Hilton, Thielen, Watkins, Mclauren.  I'm 6-2 but feels like the wheels are falling off. 
Same here.  I started 6-0, and it's been a disaster the last 2 weeks.  I even lost to a guy who started Kamara this past week.  The week before that I lost to a guy who got more points out of Mahomes in one pass than I did for Kyler Murray all game.  Now I'm just hoping to make the playoffs.

TY has been pretty solid in yardage production and scoring TD's up to this point. I was offered John Brown for TY straight up yesterday. I told the owner full disclosure about TY being out 3-4 weeks and said he knows that. So I traded him. I like TY > J Brown when both are healthy because I believe TY scores more often. Yet, not a bad consolation prize as a low end WR #2. Will Hilton come back strong for the last 4 weeks of the season? Who got the better deal?

T.Y. Hilton (calf) remained sidelined at Wednesday's practice.

Not a surprise, but coach Frank Reich refuses to rule Hilton out for Sunday against the Dolphins. We wouldn't expect him to play. Zach Pascal is the receiver to own in Indy right now.

SOURCE: George Bremer on Twitter

Nov 6, 2019, 12:55 PM ET

Well, I don't even know why I try being 3-6.  Weird.  I have the most scored against team in my league and it isn't by a small margin.  Oh well.  I can't help trying so I added TY from the FA pool replacing Chase Edmunds who I think slid to #3 in AZ when he is actually healthy again.

If my some miracle I make the playoffs and Hilton is healthy he makes a nice pair with Tyreek.

Well, I don't even know why I try being 3-6.  Weird.  I have the most scored against team in my league and it isn't by a small margin.  Oh well.  I can't help trying so I added TY from the FA pool replacing Chase Edmunds who I think slid to #3 in AZ when he is actually healthy again.

If my some miracle I make the playoffs and Hilton is healthy he makes a nice pair with Tyreek.
When are they saying he's back?

Coach Frank Reich said T.Y. Hilton (calf) is still being taken care of day by day.

We'll need to see Hilton return to practice before expecting him to return. This Sunday's matchup against the Jaguars seems like a long shot. The Colts featured Zach Pascal (99% snaps) and Marcus Johnson (80%) in 2-WR sets last week, as Chester Rogers (50%) worked behind both Eric Ebron (61%) and Jack Doyle (60%). Hilton would obviously re-emerge as the offense's featured pass-game option if healthy.

SOURCE: Joel Erickson on Twitter.

Nov 11, 2019, 4:19 PM ET

He was dropped outright in  my re-draft league. It is a short bench league, but that seems downright silly.

The Colts ruled out T.Y. Hilton (calf) for Week 11 against the Jaguars.

Advice: Hilton wasn't able to practice on his lingering calf injury this week and remains week to week. Zach Pascal will continue filling in as the top receiver with Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle chipping in at tight end. Hilton will be trying to make a Week 12 return against the Texans.

More: Mike Chappell on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

At least it's not a game time decision.  Hopefully back for the Fantasy playoffs

The Colts ruled out T.Y. Hilton (calf) for Week 11 against the Jaguars.

Advice: Hilton wasn't able to practice on his lingering calf injury this week and remains week to week. Zach Pascal will continue filling in as the top receiver with Eric Ebron and Jack Doyle chipping in at tight end. Hilton will be trying to make a Week 12 return against the Texans.

More: Mike Chappell on Twitter

(Rotoworld.com)

At least it's not a game time decision.  Hopefully back for the Fantasy playoffs
Come on.  Heal up.  

Targetting TY in trades. Could be a league winner if you can spare the bench room and the current owner can't. 
I just gave Sterling Shepard and a 2020 pick between 24th and 28th for him in a start 2 wr dynasty. Not only did the owner snap accept, i was told by other owners that I had overpaid because he turned 30 yesterday. He's a wr1 when healthy and i don't need him until the playoffs.  Seemed like a steal to me. 

I just gave Sterling Shepard and a 2020 pick between 24th and 28th for him in a start 2 wr dynasty. Not only did the owner snap accept, i was told by other owners that I had overpaid because he turned 30 yesterday. He's a wr1 when healthy and i don't need him until the playoffs.  Seemed like a steal to me. 
I would have done the same thing you did, I know i would have.  With that being said, it seems like Hilton is starting to get these persistent,ongoing injuries so my concern would be what if people grab him for that stretch run but he immediately pops up with another injury.  Just seems to be a trend with him now. 

T.Y. HILTON

WR, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Colts coach Frank Reich said T.Y. Hilton (calf) is making "great progress" ahead of their Week 12 matchup against the Texans.

Hilton had reportedly been bugging Reich to get on the field even before this week. There's a long ways to go before he's officially deemed healthy for Thursday night, but it sounds as if he's close to returning to game action for the first time since Week 8. Hilton's participation in practice mid-week will determine how limited he'll be (if at all) if cleared.

SOURCE: Stephen Holder on Twitter

Nov 18, 2019, 12:58 PM ET

TheWinz said:
No WR is startable if he is OUT.  If Hilton plays, he is startable - his 16.33 PPR average puts him firmly in starter status. 
Is anyone confident he will even make it through a game if he ever plays one again? Good lord, its a calf and he is out 3+ weeks? Thats Achilles if I ever heard of a "code word" injury. 

irish eyes said:
He will be staying on your bench. I've had him way to long and he isn't startable,  waste of roster space.
Play TY if he is active, especially against Houston, he eats them for lunch, dinner and BREAKFAST

Is anyone confident he will even make it through a game if he ever plays one again? Good lord, its a calf and he is out 3+ weeks? Thats Achilles if I ever heard of a "code word" injury. 
Say what?

2012 - rookie season - sat out week 1 - played 15 games

2013 - played all 16 games

2014 - missed week 16, returned week 17 - played 15 games

2015 - played all 16 games

2016 - played all 16 games

2017 - played all 16 games

2018 - missed weeks 5 & 6 - played 14 games

2019 - missed week 4, also missed weeks 9 thru 11

Prior to this year, he played in 108 out of 112 games.  He misses 3 straight games and you are questioning if he ever plays again?

Say what?

2012 - rookie season - sat out week 1 - played 15 games

2013 - played all 16 games

2014 - missed week 16, returned week 17 - played 15 games

2015 - played all 16 games

2016 - played all 16 games

2017 - played all 16 games

2018 - missed weeks 5 & 6 - played 14 games

2019 - missed week 4, also missed weeks 9 thru 11

Prior to this year, he played in 108 out of 112 games.  He misses 3 straight games and you are questioning if he ever plays again?
It was sarcasm as he has missed the most games in his career.  Im sure his career isnt over and I assumed others could assume that as well, I assume only 2019 matters right now.

FWIW, I dont care about last season or seasons prior, I care about 2019 and more specifically week 12, where he already missed 4 games (his entire career total), so 1/3 of the fantasy season and missed half a game of another. Yes, I question name brand players, I dont just think they will forever be great because they had success. If he misses another game, I question if he ever plays again in "2019" for fantasy teams for sure.

PLAYERS HAVE TO BE AVAILABLE OR THEY ARE WORTHLESS. He will now be unavailable for 6 games thru 12 weeks, including his bye if he is out this week. missing 4 straight games is a lot in a 13 week season. 

If he doesnt play this week and you are fighting for a playoff spot, you can cut him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread