What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (2 Viewers)

Have to go under 19. I’ll go 6/75 50/50 shot at a td. Call it 16.5 points. I’m starting him over Gallup.
Dang I was thinking I might go Gallup with the thought they try to shut down zeke and put Gilmore on cooper this making the perfect set up. I think I will hold, I have samuels waiting in the wings for my flex if Conner is out I will switch out Gallup. Good luck sir

Took about perfect timing.  I am also in a quandary about TY.  If I start him it's over either:

Gallup or Ridley in a WR spot

M Sanders, D Waller, M Andrews, D Samuel, B Scarbrough, J Samuels in Flex

Not sure why I care.  4-7 and not going anywhere but I can't help trying to win every week.  LOL.

tackle for loss, I'm curious about who you would of picked up off the wire if you had dropped TY.
Jeffrey and McLaurin happens to be on the wire.Bye weeks always causes for some wierd cuts and they happen to be out there in my league where Id cut Hilton for this week. I could pick up Coleman who is the highest pct owned player in the yahoo league who is on the wire. After that its all 70% guys like I just mentioned. Its a serious league, but like any league redraft drops are weird depending on team makeups, only 15 player rosters. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that its official, I secretly was hoping he was out on the short week, so I can cut him for McLaurin. :unsure:

But I said early in the week, if he is active I play him. I hope I eat crow, but I think it is more likely he duds than blows up. I hope I am wrong. 

I will be bitter if he doesnt and will cut him for sure now.  :censored:

Dang I was thinking I might go Gallup with the thought they try to shut down zeke and put Gilmore on cooper this making the perfect set up. I think I will hold, I have samuels waiting in the wings for my flex if Conner is out I will switch out Gallup. Good luck sir
My initial thought was that as well. But #1 pass D (albeit against mostly scrub teams), their #2 corner is pretty good as well, and current forecast calls for 100% chance of rain with about an inch possible during the day. Those factors have me going with TY in the dome. I would 100% go Samuels over either one and with Conner likely out I’d do what you’re doing and wait on his status.

shadyridr said:
Yeah Im not risking it in one league (blessed with great WRs Chark, Kupp, Adams and even Deebo). But I have him in another league Ill probably throw him in there over John Brown.
Eff it, let’s go TY

I aint using them, they have no effect on my playing him or not because I have no choice. But more or less to show he has been all over the place good games and bad. 

The only thing in the past that matters to me is that he has come in and played after not practicing and have big success.
14 games - 76 catches, 1445 yards, 9 TD's = 5.4 catches, 103.2 yards, .64 TD's = 19.58 fantasy points per game career vs HOU

Any word on how he looked in warmups.   I'm about 20 minutes from a TV.  
I saw clips of him fired up doing dances with his team mates and also running for deep bombs in warm ups. 

I have not missed a fantasy playoffs in years, Im a little nervous. Have not been here in quite some time. Beautiful team in a ppr, and sit 6-5 with the points lead. im getting hampered by the division record as thats the tie break not points. TY, I need you to just be decent and not get hurt. Dont need a big game, just be decent. 

I saw clips of him fired up doing dances with his team mates and also running for deep bombs in warm ups. 

I have not missed a fantasy playoffs in years, Im a little nervous. Have not been here in quite some time. Beautiful team in a ppr, and sit 6-5 with the points lead. im getting hampered by the division record as thats the tie break not points. TY, I need you to just be decent and not get hurt. Dont need a big game, just be decent. 
I'm with you.  I'm hoping for 15 points and most importantly,  that TY stays healthy 

I would go Crowder over TY this week.   TY is probably only playing half the snaps.  Crowder faces a very weak Raiders secondary.  I'm playing TY over Terry because he has no QB.   
Okay Doc---with one minute to go I just swapped out Crowder for Ty---going with the safe over the unknown,. 

Starting Ridley over him, although if I’m being honest my irrational reluctance to start Thursday guys is probably a factor there. 

If he is rostered after this week, you deserve what I just got.

People mock those like me who say its ok to cut him, I was this close, this close. 

If players are not healthy enough to play, dont play them. This injury report crap is a joke.

Vent over. lol

More of the same Thursday night crap where teams are not healthy enough to play or on the same page offensively.

I started TY and Will Fuller and have definitely lowered expectations.

irish eyes said:
Glad I didnt take the bait & start TY. Exactly how I thought it would go.
It ain't over til it's over. He might come alive the 2nd half (although I doubt it).

I started him in a league where I have few other viable options and sat him in league where I have Golladay and Scarboro (neither of which I am excited about either but either might turn out to be a better fantasy play). 

It ain't over til it's over. He might come alive the 2nd half (although I doubt it).

I started him in a league where I have few other viable options and sat him in league where I have Golladay and Scarboro (neither of which I am excited about either but either might turn out to be a better fantasy play). 
Is he hurt again, or just not getting targets? 

T.Y. Hilton caught 3-of-6 targets for 18 yards in the Colts' Week 12 loss to the Texans.

Coach Frank Reich never said anything during the week, but he informed the FOX broadcast booth that Hilton would be on a "pitch count" in his return. Reich was true to his word, though Hilton could have had a much bigger statistical night if not for a pair of brutal deep drops on third down. They were extremely costly for both the Colts and fantasy players. Hilton was visibly frustrated after No. 2. The speedster thankfully has 10 days to heal up for Week 13, where the Colts will be hosting the Titans' increasingly-leaky pass defense.

Nov 21, 2019, 11:41 PM ET

Doesnt matter your hope, doesnt matter the hype, doesnt matter his name.

Dont wanna hear this guy can play without practicing.

Dont wanna hear Coach Reich is a good coach.

Dont wanna hear, he was still hurt. He shouldnt have been allowed to be active. 

Full practice yesterday? 

The NFL has the worst injury report system. 

I want to ask something, how in the world of info did his pitch count news not make it to this site or anywhere else in the main new breakers feed? 

Not to blame anyone, of course, but why wouldnt anyone post that to this site even? thought thats the type of news that someone would have seen and posted at a place like here.

Doesnt matter your hope, doesnt matter the hype, doesnt matter his name.

Dont wanna hear this guy can play without practicing.

Dont wanna hear Coach Reich is a good coach.

Dont wanna hear, he was still hurt. He shouldnt have been allowed to be active. 

Full practice yesterday? 

The NFL has the worst injury report system. 

I want to ask something, how in the world of info did his pitch count news not make it to this site or anywhere else in the main new breakers feed? 

Not to blame anyone, of course, but why wouldnt anyone post that to this site even? thought thats the type of news that someone would have seen and posted at a place like here.
We all knew it was a risky play but this is FF this time of year.   I have Keenan on bye and Lockett as a possible scratch.   In other words, I didn't have any strong options.  

You do raise great points though.    The injury reporting system in the NFL stinks.   I assumed that there would be a pitch count but it would have been nice if that was official.   

Pits a rough start to an important week for many of us but on a positive, TY should be able to rest, heal, and then practice before the next game.   

Hilton dropped (or Brissett missed) on 3 more targets that would have been another 30-50 yards and maybe a TD.  If he’d posted 6/65/1 this thread would be different.

Were the misconnections the result of injury fouling up the timing, or just the usual poor Thursday play?  We may never know, but I wouldn’t put it all on the injury.

Hilton dropped (or Brissett missed) on 3 more targets that would have been another 30-50 yards and maybe a TD.  If he’d posted 6/65/1 this thread would be different.

Were the misconnections the result of injury fouling up the timing, or just the usual poor Thursday play?  We may never know, but I wouldn’t put it all on the injury.
He hasn't played or practice in 3 weeks. It was clearly due to that. Poor coaching decision to play him.

He played 6 snaps int he first quarter, according to my count. And did not play consecutive plays until the final hurry up drive, and the minute he was able to come out the called him over. Those are not official counts, but I was paying attention pretty closely. 

He hasn't played or practice in 3 weeks. It was clearly due to that. Poor coaching decision to play him.
This. Thats the problem. The coach used the awful injury system to game his opponent. How does a guy not practice for 3 weeks then get to call going through a walk thru full. Then you have him on a pitch count? 

The whole point of the injury report is to prevent such things. The FP made me feel the pitch count wasnt gonna happen, the LP would make me feel he wasnt quite ready. But Full PT? Same as conner. I got burned on conner, maybe Im a little more bitter than most. 

Was it a bad decision though? Their other wrs combined for 1/12 on 3 targets on what sounds like was a whole lot more snaps. They couldn’t even get open to drop the ball. At least rusty TY could do that. Btw I think the first drop was tipped at the last second and threw him off. The second one was bad, he should have secured it cleanly before the Db knocked his hands away. TY presumably came away without any setbacks and I’d guess gave them a better chance to win than him sitting would have. You’d have to think that was the hope of the coaching staff.

Everyone knew he would be somewhat limited. Def a bit more than I thought and they ran more than I thought they would against the Houston shaky secondary. It was a gamble to play him but my other option wasn’t great so I gambled and likely lost. Nothing I saw makes me think I’d want to drop him next week though. Clear top dog there and 10 days to rest up. Imagine dropping him then having your opponent add him and play against you with him vs Tampa week 14.

Was it a bad decision though? Their other wrs combined for 1/12 on 3 targets on what sounds like was a whole lot more snaps. They couldn’t even get open to drop the ball. At least rusty TY could do that. Btw I think the first drop was tipped at the last second and threw him off. The second one was bad, he should have secured it cleanly before the Db knocked his hands away. TY presumably came away without any setbacks and I’d guess gave them a better chance to win than him sitting would have. You’d have to think that was the hope of the coaching staff.

Everyone knew he would be somewhat limited. Def a bit more than I thought and they ran more than I thought they would against the Houston shaky secondary. It was a gamble to play him but my other option wasn’t great so I gambled and likely lost. Nothing I saw makes me think I’d want to drop him next week though. Clear top dog there and 10 days to rest up. Imagine dropping him then having your opponent add him and play against you with him vs Tampa week 14.
I thought it was a bad decision considering his drops some of which killed multiple drives. 

Users who are viewing this thread