What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (2 Viewers)

I thought it was a bad decision considering his drops some of which killed multiple drives. 
Two of the drops were really bad and likely due to not practicing.   Those 2 catches and 25 yards would have taken poor stats to average at least.   I'm not dropping him.   Last night is proof that he is still valuable.   Even at 90%, TY can get open and received enough targets to have a good game.   When healthy, TY should be a WR1.   

I thought it was a bad decision considering his drops some of which killed multiple drives. 
There’s certainly no right or wrong answer, it’s all interpretation.  I’d argue that as many drives were killed by the turd wrs not being able to get open and Brisset being forced to scramble/check down. 

There’s certainly no right or wrong answer, it’s all interpretation.  I’d argue that as many drives were killed by the turd wrs not being able to get open and Brisset being forced to scramble/check down. 
 Brissett wasn't throwing the ball well either.  

Cobbler1 said:
I can’t fathom how TY gets dropped in a 24 team league. And Kirk wow! Good for you getting those 2 for free.
To be fair, it's 2-12 team conferences.  Each 12 team conference operates as its own league until the finals.  You can, in theory, be playing a team with the same guy you have.  (i.e. TY owner in conference 1 can play TY owner in conference 2)...it's interesting.  Regardless, I agree, some questionable drops this year.

:yes:   This is key.  All I want is for him to have some rust knocked off for this game.

As for last night - he played 25 snaps.  He didn't seem to re-injure it.  That's all I wanted honestly.  
The bad - 3 catches for 18 yards

The good - 6 targets in 25 snaps

The great - led team in targets

The best - finished without further injury

Looking shaky this week.  Looks like the best wasn't the best.   
Not happy to hear his week 13 status is in doubt.  I guess the question is - did he suffer a setback in week 12?  He said he wasn't explosive, but did playing make his calf worse, or was his calf worse than he thought?  Luckily he plays an early game on Sunday, if you have to make alternate plans.

Not happy to hear his week 13 status is in doubt.  I guess the question is - did he suffer a setback in week 12?  He said he wasn't explosive, but did playing make his calf worse, or was his calf worse than he thought?  Luckily he plays an early game on Sunday, if you have to make alternate plans.
I think you'd have to be crazy to play him this week. Unfortunately he's getting close to drop territory.  I need to see him play a full setback free game before I'd feel comfortable with him in my lineup. 

I think you'd have to be crazy to play him this week. Unfortunately he's getting close to drop territory.  I need to see him play a full setback free game before I'd feel comfortable with him in my lineup. 
It's the tasty week 14 matchup vs TB that has kept him on my team/bench.  If he misses the next 4 games, I will drop him for sure!

Logan Ryan has done an excellent job on TY throughout his career. The day the Titans signed him as a highly paid free agent, there were people saying it was to stop TY.

The Titans play a bend but don't break zone that everyone thrives against and TY is one of the best against it. 

Ignoring TY's injury, this is a tough feast or famine matchup for FF. If you think the Titans can get a good lead and get into that zone, then TY should have a great day. If you think it'll be close, ya gotta figure Ryan is going to keep him limited.

The practice report for today will be really interesting. If he doesn’t practice at all today, I think he needs to be on your bench. Limited would make him a dicey start as well I think.
I have Ron Jones in over TY.   I would only start TY if he is off the injury report.   

Right now I am playing Tyreek Hill and Calvin Ridley at WR over TY Hilton.  To play TY this week then (since Ridley plays Thursday and Tyreek is better than TY) he would need to take my flex position ahead of M Sanders, R Penny, B Scarbourough, D Samuel, M Andrews, D Waller and M Gallup.  I' thinking TY isn't getting into my roster this week.  Or next until he has a clean week of practice and no "maybe" about it.

Is he a safe drop now?
lol, I got slammed not too long ago I recall for being ahead of this...

Its his Achilles not his calf, yes, he is safe to drop. i will argue with anyone who trusts it his calf. 

Played game, then setback, you gonna trust him in the playoffs regardless of his name? Nope, not I.

He gone.

T.Y. Hilton (calf) has been ruled out for Week 13.

Hilton reportedly suffered a slight setback in practice Wednesday and won't suit up Sunday. Zach Pascal, Marcus Johnson and Chester Rogers are expected to work in three-WR sets. Each are thin plays in the Colts' run-first offense. Jacoby Brissett has attempted 25, 24 and 25 passes in his last three full games, throwing just one touchdown and averaging a putrid 160 passing yards per contest.

Link
Starting to get the feeling he may be out the rest of the fantasy season despite the week-to-week designation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coach Frank Reich is "hopeful" T.Y. Hilton (calf) will return this season.

Not exactly a ringing endorsement. Reich also wouldn't commit to Parris Campbell (hand) suiting up in Week 14. The only fantasy-viable WR on the Colts at the moment is Zach Pascal. Even then, there's a low floor for anyone involved in this passing game. Jacoby Brissett has attempted 25 or fewer passes in three of his last four full games in this run-first offense.

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter

Dec 2, 2019, 4:18 PM ET

T.Y. Hilton (calf) is not practicing Wednesday.

Hilton had a setback last week in practice and has been injured pretty much since the calendar flipped to October. He's unlikely to ever be 100% again this season. Zach Pascal will benefit in a major way against the Bucs if Hilton sits out.

SOURCE: Jim Ayello on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 12:14 PM ET

T.Y. Hilton (calf) was unsure when or if he'll return this season.

"I’m doing everything I can to get back out there," Hilton told media Wednesday. "If I can, I can. If I can’t, then I’m going to have to shut it down, but I’m doing everything I can [to return]." Hilton returned to practice last Wednesday for the first time since initially injuring his calf on October 30 and immediately had a setback, causing coach Frank Reich to label him as "week-to-week." The Colts remain "hopeful" their stud wideout will play again this year, but all signs point to Hilton struggling to take the field over the team's final four games. Zach Pascal, Marcus Johnson, and Ashton Dulin will continue to step up in the three-wide sets until either Parris Campbell (hand), Devin Funchess (collarbone), or Hilton are able to return (if at all).

SOURCE: Kevin Bowen on Twitter

Dec 4, 2019, 3:44 PM ET

Coach Frank Reich said T.Y. Hilton (calf) is still week to week.

It's growing increasingly likely that we won't see Hilton again in 2019. He'd be a thin play even if he manages to return, as the Colts have already shown the willingness to give their No. 1 WR a limited role when playing hurt this season. The absence of Parris Campbell (foot, IR) leaves the offense with Zach Pascal, Marcus Johnson and Ashton Dulin in three-WR sets.

SOURCE: Joel Erickson on Twitter

Dec 9, 2019, 4:12 PM ET

Am I the only guy holding TY in redraft?   I plan to drop him today since the news out of Indy is still not positive. 
Practicing and running routes full speed.  Just picked him up off waivers.  After losing Evans and Chark, he’s the best option I’ve got.

T.Y. Hilton (calf) returned to a limited practice Thursday.

Parris Campbell (foot, IR) is done for the season, while Hilton (calf) is still considered week to week and is a strong candidate for limited snaps if active Sunday. Jacoby Brissett has numerous games with fewer than 30 pass attempts this season. Still, he's thrown 40 and 36 passes over the last two weeks with the Colts struggling to slow down opposing passing games. This *should* again be the case in Week 15 against Drew Brees and company. Treat Zach Pascal as an upside WR3 if Hilton remains sidelined, while the return of the Colts' No. 1 WR would lower the ceiling of the rest of the offense's pass catchers.

SOURCE: Zak Keefer on Twitter

Dec 12, 2019, 12:17 PM ET

-fish- said:
Practicing and running routes full speed.  Just picked him up off waivers.  After losing Evans and Chark, he’s the best option I’ve got.
He's limited at this point in the week but TY may be worth an add if he plays this week.   I can't start him this week after being out for so long and doing so little when he tried to return a couple of weeks ago.  

I dropped him a couple weeks ago to avoid temptation but could use him now since he negates Pascal and Dede seems quite iffy.

I have to see him play without restrictions this week before I even consider using him next week. 
Absolutely.  Will be riding my bench.  Based on the news above, I picked him up in one league where he was dropped, if only to block other owners this week and next if I move on. 

Lost Evans last week

Kirks injury flair up mid week has me watching this closely 

moving forward with Kirk and J Brown. :puke:

T.Y. Hilton (calf) was limited in practice again Friday.

Hilton appears to have a real shot of suiting up Monday night against the Saints. Jacoby Brissett has numerous games with fewer than 30 pass attempts this season. Still, he's thrown 40 and 36 passes over the last two weeks with the Colts struggling to slow down opposing passing games. This *should* again be the case in Week 15 against Drew Brees and company. Treat Hilton as a boom-or-bust WR3 if active.

SOURCE: Colts on Twitter

Dec 13, 2019, 4:12 PM ET

Rotoworld:

T.Y. Hilton (calf) didn't practice Saturday.

This may be rep management and not a setback for Hilton, who was limited the last two days. We'll know Hilton's official status when the Colts release their final injury report.

SOURCE: George Bremer on Twitter

Dec 14, 2019, 1:19 PM ET

Coach Frank Reich confirmed T.Y. Hilton (calf) is a game-time decision for the Colts' Monday night matchup against the Saints.

Hilton is a candidate to see shadow coverage from Marshon Lattimore if active. Further complicating matters is the team's decision to limit both his snaps and deep routes previously this season when the long-time No. 1 WR was attempting to again play through an injury. Reich did note, "Hilton got good work in, solid work. Might get there by Monday night. If he plays, he's 100 percent. Won't be a pitch count." It's difficult to trust Hilton as anything more than an upside WR3 at best due to the potential for limited snaps. Fantasy managers should look to Zach Pascal or Marcus Johnson as potential last-second waiver wire additions if Hilton is ultimately sidelined.

SOURCE: Jim Ayello on Twitter

Dec 14, 2019, 2:15 PM ET

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, T.Y. Hilton (questionable, calf) is "trending in the right direction" for Week 15 against the Saints.

Hilton, who hasn't seen the field since Week 12, remains a game-time call, though the Colts reportedly feel he has a "good shot" of suiting up Monday night in New Orleans. His availability will ultimately come down to how he fares in pre-game warmups. Hilton's return would presumably bump undrafted rookie Ashton Dulin from three-wide sets.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Dec 16, 2019, 9:58 AM ET

I have hilton and pascal.  Gotta pick 1.  I need roughly 13 points to advance.  I sorta hope hilton just doesnt play.

Last edited by a moderator:
ESPN's Adam Schefter reports T.Y. Hilton (calf) is expected to suit up for the Colts' Week 15 matchup against the Saints.

Hilton missed the past two games, but he returned to practice on Thursday and Friday. Coach Frank Reich previously stated Hilton: "Might get there by Monday night. If he plays, he's 100 percent. Won't be a pitch count." It's good news after Hilton was limited the last time he tried to play through an injury. A potential shadow date with Marshon Lattimore isn't ideal, but fire up Hilton as an upside WR3 in this spot.

SOURCE: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Dec 16, 2019, 5:50 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread