What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR T.Y. Hilton, DAL (2 Viewers)

Hasselbeck is good enough back up that he should be able to feed Hilton. IAfter mulling it over, I am adjusting my downgrade of Hilton and am sticking with him in my lineup today as my PPR flex. Drop off should be minimal. For reference, my two starting WRs are Antonio Brown and Deandre Hopkins. My only other option I have over Hilton as my flex is Arizona WR John Brown.

Hasselbeck is good enough back up that he should be able to feed Hilton. IAfter mulling it over, I am adjusting my downgrade of Hilton and am sticking with him in my lineup today as my PPR flex. Drop off should be minimal. For reference, my two starting WRs are Antonio Brown and Deandre Hopkins. My only other option I have over Hilton as my flex is Arizona WR John Brown.
Similar decision (Hilton vs. Brown) and sticking with Hilton for now.

Thought about it but reasoned to keep him based on the "one play" factor. He could have one big play that would offset any of the compiling numbers any of my other options would likely produce.

Still mulling it over. At this point, the decision to go with Hilton (with Hass at QB) v. the Jags or Brown at home v. the Rams is a coin flip. The Steelers torched the Rams defense earlier this season and the Pats torched the Jags defense. Right now, Carson Palmer has his Cardinals offense and passing game doing better than what Hass would have today against that Jags. If Luck as at the Helm going against the Jags, I would of course feel more confident in the decision to start Hilton. With all the time to think this through, I can easily be guilty of over thinking the decision. Now I am headed toward sitting Hilton in favor of Brown. Bruce Arians seems like the kind of coach that doesn't mind running up some offensive stats. I am wondering if the Pagano is going to scale back the offensive game plan today and try to have Hass simply manage the game and therefore be more conservative. Who the hell knows. At this point, I see the choice this week between Hilton and John Brown as a nothing more than a coin toss. Maybe I will pull out my silver dollar coin and flip it five times. Heads for Hilton, Tails for Brown. It really is that close. :coffee:

pghrob said:
Mofongo said:
pghrob said:
Still mulling it over. At this point, the decision to go with Hilton (with Hass at QB) v. the Jags or Brown at home v. the Rams is a coin flip. The Steelers torched the Rams defense earlier this season and the Pats torched the Jags defense. Right now, Carson Palmer has his Cardinals offense and passing game doing better than what Hass would have today against that Jags. If Luck as at the Helm going against the Jags, I would of course feel more confident in the decision to start Hilton. With all the time to think this through, I can easily be guilty of over thinking the decision. Now I am headed toward sitting Hilton in favor of Brown. Bruce Arians seems like the kind of coach that doesn't mind running up some offensive stats. I am wondering if the Pagano is going to scale back the offensive game plan today and try to have Hass simply manage the game and therefore be more conservative. Who the hell knows. At this point, I see the choice this week between Hilton and John Brown as a nothing more than a coin toss. Maybe I will pull out my silver dollar coin and flip it five times. Heads for Hilton, Tails for Brown. It really is that close. :coffee:
Keep going back and forth..

Last edited by a moderator:
3 and out by Texans after Gore's td to start the half will tempt Colts to go ball control, clock burning run attack.

The talent is there. He's better with a healthy Luck. Good that the Texans are scoring. Maybe Hass will look to him.

Why are they not getting him the ball. Seems he can get open on some quick slants but he's not even getting any looks.

Trade one of them. I've never been so spiteful in all my life after missing on coin flips in FF with Randle and V.Jackson the last 2 weeks. It'a a good spiteful though.

Luck can't come back soon enough. The game plan tonight was 1) Get Andre involved and 2) Quick passes to nullify the pass rush. Both worked out great. TY did even get some deep looks but He doesn't have the arm strength he once had to make it happen. Apart from the Car and Den games Hilton has great matchups the rest of the way.

That game clinching 43 yard catch by Hasselbeck was a beauty of a throw and catch by Hilton. Turned a weak 7.5 night into a respectable 13.8 night (in PPR). Hilton will have better days ahead with Luck coming back full strength. As early as a 9 days from now when they get involved in a potential shootout with NE. As bad days go, or off nights....I'll take it.

Keep in mind that they were ahead all game (don't think that's going to be common). Hasselbeck only threw for 213 yards, and Gore ran for almost 100. They obviously forced AJ the ball, but TY had a good percentage of yards given how little they threw. Hilton's bigger games are coming.

That game clinching 43 yard catch by Hasselbeck was a beauty of a throw and catch by Hilton. Turned a weak 7.5 night into a respectable 13.8 night (in PPR). Hilton will have better days ahead with Luck coming back full strength. As early as a 9 days from now when they get involved in a potential shootout with NE. As bad days go, or off nights....I'll take it.
Yep, 13 on an off night. We can live with that out of a #2 WR. Not that it counts but he was a shoestring tackle away from turning that into a TD.

He's not involved as much with the quick slant as I was hoping with Hass and that 2nd AJ TD was obviously meant to emphasize AJ returning to Houston. ANy other week, that play is the bigger AJ blocking for the quicker Hilton. That was a vulture TD if ever there was one. But none of it matters. Once Luck returns, it WILL be bombs over Baghdad for the next month. Look at their schedule and just know it's coming.

I expect Hilton to be a top 6 or 7 ff WR between weeks 6-10 just based on the matchups.

Yep, 13 on an off night. We can live with that out of a #2 WR. Not that it counts but he was a shoestring tackle away from turning that into a TD. He's not involved as much with the quick slant as I was hoping with Hass and that 2nd AJ TD was obviously meant to emphasize AJ returning to Houston. ANy other week, that play is the bigger AJ blocking for the quicker Hilton. That was a vulture TD if ever there was one. But none of it matters. Once Luck returns, it WILL be bombs over Baghdad for the next month. Look at their schedule and just know it's coming.

I expect Hilton to be a top 6 or 7 ff WR between weeks 6-10 just based on the matchups.
He has all off nights. Top 6 or 7 is wishful thinking.

Yep, 13 on an off night. We can live with that out of a #2 WR. Not that it counts but he was a shoestring tackle away from turning that into a TD. He's not involved as much with the quick slant as I was hoping with Hass and that 2nd AJ TD was obviously meant to emphasize AJ returning to Houston. ANy other week, that play is the bigger AJ blocking for the quicker Hilton. That was a vulture TD if ever there was one. But none of it matters. Once Luck returns, it WILL be bombs over Baghdad for the next month. Look at their schedule and just know it's coming.

He has all off nights. Top 6 or 7 is wishful thinking.
Patriots, Saints, Broncos, Falcons 4 of the next 5. We will see.

If he had run that in for a TD, it would have been the greatest garbage-time score since John Brown vs. the Eagles last year.

Popped up on injury report today with a groin issue. Things keep getting better and better in Indy.

Rotoworld...

T.Y. Hilton was given a day of rest at Friday's practice.
Some beat writers expressed concern when Hilton wasn't seen at the start of practice, but there's nothing to worry about. Hilton is a borderline WR1 play in Sunday's matchup with New Orleans' swiss-cheese pass defense.

I posted this a month or so ago in the Moncrief thread: I've seen every snap Hilton and Moncrief have had this year, and when Luck is in, Hilton is the WR1. Moncrief might overtake it by year's end, or maybe next year, but it's no sure bet. Luck looks to Hilton almost every time there's a favorable matchup. More than any of the other WRs - by far.

It was crazy - people in the Moncrief thread were writing Hilton off early season. I'm not sure if it's because Hilton's small, and many people have to be bludgeoned in the head before they will believe in a little guy, but Hilton is a stud - has been for a while now.

In a span of about 5 minutes he went from 1 catch for 11 yards to 3 catches for 144 yards and 2 TDs. Amazing.
Yeah, game's not over yet, but Hilton has 13 targets. Second WR is Moncrief with 5. Passing game has been crap today, but it's not for lack of trying.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Panthers RCB Josh Norman hinted he’ll shadow T.Y. Hilton in Sunday’s game.

Hilton has been red hot lately but if anyone can put out his flames it's Norman. He owns PFF's second-highest grade among cornerbacks this year. Hilton is still worth a start in fantasy, but not as a WR1.

Related: Josh Norman

Source: Joe Person on Twitter

Oct 29 - 2:53 PM

Rotoworld:

Panthers RCB Josh Norman hinted he’ll shadow T.Y. Hilton in Sunday’s game.

Hilton has been red hot lately but if anyone can put out his flames it's Norman. He owns PFF's second-highest grade among cornerbacks this year. Hilton is still worth a start in fantasy, but not as a WR1.

Related: Josh Norman

Source: Joe Person on Twitter

Oct 29 - 2:53 PM
I am concerned about this.

Was going to bench for Decker, but with Decker's Q status his back in my line-up and hoping for the best.

Boot on Monday night, and this is the first word of it? I just traded for him. Mostly for the stretch run. Has Denver this week, then the bye. If he misses this week not that concerned. But if this is potentially a bigger injury I may want to rescind the trade. Any locals have info?

Boot on Monday night, and this is the first word of it? I just traded for him. Mostly for the stretch run. Has Denver this week, then the bye. If he misses this week not that concerned. But if this is potentially a bigger injury I may want to rescind the trade. Any locals have info?
"Rescind the trade?" If you didn't already make it, I'd hold off until you get more info about the boot (or even until after this week against Denver). But if you already made the trade, how are you able to back out?

How hat news makes it to Wednesday afternoon with no mention of it makes you think wtf. The Colts locker room must be mini Soviet Union.

"Rescind the trade?" If you didn't already make it, I'd hold off until you get more info about the boot (or even until after this week against Denver). But if you already made the trade, how are you able to back out?
Maybe he didn't pass his fantasy physical.

Surprised this thread isn't buzzing more with his injury. A "foot sprain". Mri yesterday and no word yet. Tomorrow pagano said he would update.

Best team in my league just offered Hilton/woodhead for Cobb. (Non-ppr).

He's panicking. I think he is hoping that I'm not following the news on Hilton and I just accept. Sneaky mofo

Unstartable this week IMO. The matchup was already horrid. TY is good, but he is below that tier of "matchup-proof" players and combining that with a bad foot makes this one easy for me. I am going to the scrap heap for a guy like Dwayne Harris (vs TB) over TY this week if I can get him. Have offers in for Stevie Johnson and Malcom Floyd (for late dynasty picks) who I would easily start over him this week if I can get them. Love Hilton over the long haul, but this week he is hitting the bench for sure.

Unstartable this week IMO. The matchup was already horrid. TY is good, but he is below that tier of "matchup-proof" players and combining that with a bad foot makes this one easy for me. I am going to the scrap heap for a guy like Dwayne Harris (vs TB) over TY this week if I can get him. Have offers in for Stevie Johnson and Malcom Floyd (for late dynasty picks) who I would easily start over him this week if I can get them. Love Hilton over the long haul, but this week he is hitting the bench for sure.
Yeah, despite a lack of great options, I am sitting him (but I had made the decision prior to the foot sprain news). I'm still swimming in the thoughts of what the Broncos did the other night.

Users who are viewing this thread