What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Any comments on Eric Berry (1 Viewer)

DiStefano

Footballguy
Pretty pedestrian effort for someone widely considered a top tier DB, playing in a losing cause. 2 tackles, 1 PD.

If you watched the game he was pass rushing a lot. I believe the loss of Hali for that game was forcing Berry to pass rush. This next week should be different with Hali back in the lineup.

Woo Hoo! 6 TOTAL tackles and 1 pass defensed in 2 games! S-T-U-D!

'Bout to punt his over rated ### to da curb. Paying this schlub 4 million per year in one of my salary leagues.

Easily one of the most frustrating things going right now in IDP. You've got a guy who is known to be a super stud S and that is normally ERY valuable, but how long can you hang on? Is it just one of those years and does it improve if the Chiefs can't find themselves in games?

He did have ACL surgery. I think that plays a key roll in his underachievement.
:goodposting:I was adamant that I would hold on Eric Berry last week -- arguing that his usage and alignment was extremely favorable. Though those factors haven't changed, Berry looked extremely tentative last week. He wasn't moving at top speed, didn't seem willing to play downhill between the tackles and was hesitant to break down and tackle. I didn't see much of that in Week 1.

Berry has gotten better each week. What do you think he will do today vs. Baltimore?
I think if there was a week where he should show his owners something, it would be this week. If he goes less than 7 tackles then there is reason to move on .. DBs are plentiful.

After remaining positive on Berry through his early season troubles, I am starting to get very concerned. I invested a decent amount in him in a 16 team dynasty IDP. He was supposed to be the best DB for years to come. Well, week 8 and I remain at a loss trying to explain his lack of production. He still looks like a top prospect from a physical and skills standpoint. But I am wondering now If its time to cut bait on him. only 2 solo tackles, 1 assist in week 8. But this could just be a slow spell.

After remaining positive on Berry through his early season troubles, I am starting to get very concerned. I invested a decent amount in him in a 16 team dynasty IDP. He was supposed to be the best DB for years to come. Well, week 8 and I remain at a loss trying to explain his lack of production. He still looks like a top prospect from a physical and skills standpoint. But I am wondering now If its time to cut bait on him. only 2 solo tackles, 1 assist in week 8. But this could just be a slow spell.
Unimaginable how he didn't have more action in the game against the raiders. Put me on board the "concerned" train. can't cut him or trade him, of course, but really wondering what the deal is.

Unimaginable how he didn't have more action in the game against the raiders. Put me on board the "concerned" train. can't cut him or trade him, of course, but really wondering what the deal is.
Yeah, very concerned here. His injury last year if I recall was in week 1. He's now had 14 months or so to get past it, while A Peterson did it in like 6. I actually kept him all last year on my regular roster (placing others like Beason in my sole IR spot) in the hopes he would return to form to start this year, which hasn't happened. Had I known it would be like this, I would have dropped him immediately last year to free up the roster spot.

heard he was injured today, the word "carted" was used. Any updates?
I heard this as well.
Doesn't seem to be too serious, sorry for any scares I might have caused....

"Eric Berry left practice early today due to an ankle injury according to Andy Reid. The actual injury to the ankle is unknown but there is a sense the injury is not severe.

Reid: “(Eric) Berry had a sore ankle. It’s not an Achilles tear or any of that, but they’re evaluating him. They’re just seeing what it is.”

— Herbie Teope (@HerbieTeope) July 31, 2014"

On a completely unrelated note, Halley Berry's ex husband is named Eric. Found that out from a search on The Google just now hoping for news on the KC Chief.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread