What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

CJ spiller value (1 Viewer)

Nickdi

Footballguy
Has anyone seen any trades involving spiller in the last day? What's he going for now that fred jackson is hurt? Especially in PPR

Haven't seen any trades go off but I own him in my big money league and the fjax owner called me tonight to start talking. He asked me who I want for spilled I said aj green and he balked lol. Wanted to offer me Reggie Wayne. I balked. I'm thinking if I wait a few more days or weeks he will be desperate enough to come up in price. Also I'm not even sure I want to trade spiller he is jamaal Charles good.

Haven't seen any trades go off but I own him in my big money league and the fjax owner called me tonight to start talking. He asked me who I want for spilled I said aj green and he balked lol. Wanted to offer me Reggie Wayne. I balked. I'm thinking if I wait a few more days or weeks he will be desperate enough to come up in price. Also I'm not even sure I want to trade spiller he is jamaal Charles good.
Yeah, he's like JC except he catches passes. :unsure:

Has anyone seen any trades involving spiller in the last day? What's he going for now that fred jackson is hurt? Especially in PPR
You buying or selling?I'd need a Tier 2 WR1 to think about it; and honestly, it'd have to be overwhelming to pull the trigger. Guy could have a huge breakout year.I'd rather move one of my other RBs and ride Spiller.

You buying or selling?I'd need a Tier 2 WR1 to think about it; and honestly, it'd have to be overwhelming to pull the trigger. Guy could have a huge breakout year.I'd rather move one of my other RBs and ride Spiller.
I'm hoping to buy, i fully believe he'll breakout and be top 10

cj owner.

looking to package him, mcgahee, and randy for brees to the fjax owner (whos 2nd & 3rd RBs are mathews and hillis).

he has eli, so it may be enough (im willing to throw in cutler).

i do think spiller will have at least a good month-long run, but the inevitable return of fjax i think tempers my expectations.

-biz-

Last edited by a moderator:
I just offered Doug Martin to a guy that picked him off waivers, we will see what happens...

I offered Spiller for Roddy but he's trying to get Morris along with him. I said no thanks for now. The only reason I'm considering trading him is b/c I have Rice, Forte, Mcgahee and Martin (yes, it's a 10 team league). Unless you can get a haul for him, or are super deep at RB, I'm not sure how you could get rid of him when theres really only 15 RB or so that you can really feel good about starting this year.

I just offered Doug Martin to a guy that picked him off waivers, we will see what happens...
You prefer what might only be a month of Spiller to a potential season of Martin? Can I ask why? I don't necessarily disagree, but I'm targeting both this week, so I'm interested.

I was high on Spiller all offseason and avoided Jackson like the plague. Thought it would take several weeks for Spiller to start pulling a significant amount of touches away from Jackson, but Jackson's injury opens the door for CJ, the younger and more explosive back, to take the job and run with it. We'll see how he does the next few weeks before Jackson comes back, but there's not much I'd trade Spiller for in my PPR league right now.

You prefer what might only be a month of Spiller to a potential season of Martin? Can I ask why? I don't necessarily disagree, but I'm targeting both this week, so I'm interested.
I watched Martins game. He was ok but not great. I think Spiller is more talented and will be the main guy no matter what happens with Jackson.

I have Spiller in a 12 team PPR but am also pretty set at RB with Forte, Charles, SJax, Kevin Smith (and Leshoure). Can only start three- I am looking to upgrade at receiver and am trying to target Marshall. I'm more inclined to hold onto Spiller than the others.

I have Spiller in a 12 team PPR but am also pretty set at RB with Forte, Charles, SJax, Kevin Smith (and Leshoure). Can only start three- I am looking to upgrade at receiver and am trying to target Marshall. I'm more inclined to hold onto Spiller than the others.
Dump Smith while his value is high. Hang onto Spiller, and start him this week over SJax.

Fred Jackson has always been the starter for a reason. So temper your Spiller expectations unless you're convinced that Jackson's injury is worse than is being reported.

Remember, it's not hard for backs to gain big chunks of yardage in blowouts. The opponent is inviting them to run the ball.

I was offered Percy Harvin for Spiller. I am going to gamble and start Spiller this week and hope he has a good week and try for Spiller +

I like Spiller as much as the next guy, but Fred Jackson will be back and it wouldn't surprise anyone to see Spiller slow down as the season wears on.

The Jets didn't even bother paying attention to the run and Spiller's late season production came when he had fresh legs. I think some high quality numbers have to be expected at this point in time, but the season is a marathon and there are times when you have to jump at the chance to capitalize on the hyperbolic views of a player - like Spiller right now.

If you can sell for something in like with all the talk surrounding CJ Spiller (i.e., Harvin, Chris Johnson), I would think you have to go that route...but that's just me.

I was offered Percy Harvin for Spiller. I am going to gamble and start Spiller this week and hope he has a good week and try for Spiller +
Unless you are desperate at RB, which you shouldn't be at this point, then I think you're making a big mistake.

Crazy how everyone forgets how good Fjax was before he was injured last year....
Also funny that the Bills coaches, who see them practice every day, made the Jackson the starter and Spiller the back up again this year. Now that Jackson will miss four weeks, they suddenly think Spiller is going to be this top ten stud just because of garbage time yardage the Jets allowed in a blowout. He will be a nice option for a few weeks till the stud RB comes back.

I like Spiller as a top 5-10 fantasy back in PPR going forward. He reminds me of a mix of McCoy and Ray Rice.

Crazy how everyone forgets how good Fjax was before he was injured last year....
Also funny that the Bills coaches, who see them practice every day, made the Jackson the starter and Spiller the back up again this year. Now that Jackson will miss four weeks, they suddenly think Spiller is going to be this top ten stud just because of garbage time yardage the Jets allowed in a blowout. He will be a nice option for a few weeks till the stud RB comes back.
:goodposting: Wish I had guppies like this in my leagues

The part that I struggle with is why a lot of people are saying that Spiller got his yards in garbage time during the blowout. When he came in, it was 21-0, but it was still the 1st half. Spiller's td run came shortly after he entered the game. I really don't think the Jets pulled their starters and eased off in the 1st half.

I don't see how Spiller is NOT top 10 RB for the next 3 weeks. How many other RB's are not in a timeshare that also get receptions? Yes......Foster, Rice, McCoy, McFadden are up there, but he should be in the next group. Week 5 is against San Fran, but he should be golden for the next 3 weeks.

The guppies are the people who picked a 31 yr old RB coming off an injury.

Keep in mind...Spiller averaged 10 yards per carry against a damn good NYJ defense! What was Freddy averaging? 2.4? Spiller has talent and is the best RB on their roster. I'd be more than content to hold him until I got a sweet deal. Especially since he's probably a RB3 to most folks that own him.

Seems that there are a lot of FJax owners in this thread stating confidently that in 4 weeks he will be back and starting. There aren't any results back from an MRI to determine the extent of his injury, yet the certainty is overwhelming.

Being a Spiller owner, I definately am happy right now, however until there is a definate report concerning his status, I will enjoy the ride for now. Yes, he will produce IMO.

:confused: This makes no sense at all. Lots of coaches prefer to to ride the veteran player. FJax is a good player and can be productive. However Spiller is more explosive (due to youth?). Spiller out performed FJax last year when FJax got hurt. But perhaps he just makes silly mistakes in practice that a veteran wouldn't and the coaching staff felt more secure going with FJax.And as far as the Jets defense letting Spiller get his yards in garbage time...since when has the Jets defense with all it's pride and #### talking ever willingly gave up yards? Especially to a RB? I can see playing soft coverage, keeping everything in front of you in the passing game. But stopping the run is what defenses take pride in. I'm positive the Jets defense didn't "let" Spiller eat them up like he did.But maybe they did. I'm just a football fan. :unsure:

right...:lmao:eta: I am not a FJax owner...but I do get a kick out of these Week One thread gems....

This was the thinking around me being able to get Spiller and Benson for Floyd and J. Jones. I'm the fjax owner. Worst case, which is pretty bad, is that fjax comes back in a few weeks to a timeshare but I think it was worth the risk. My RBs already were sketchy WITH a healthy fjax.

right...:lmao:eta: I am not a FJax owner...but I do get a kick out of these Week One thread gems....
Im in the minority but I think Spiller>>Fjax. He was dynomite when he replaced the injury fjax last year, and he was great again last week. And since when is the first half garbage time? Next thing you'll want to take out his 2 longest runs and do some weird witchcraft to deflate his numbers.

Unless you are desperate at RB, which you shouldn't be at this point, then I think you're making a big mistake.
I'm trying to trade Spiller (have Foster and McFadden, start max 2 RBs) and got rejected when I asked for Harvin.

Im in the minority but I think Spiller>>Fjax. He was dynomite when he replaced the injury fjax last year, and he was great again last week. And since when is the first half garbage time? Next thing you'll want to take out his 2 longest runs and do some weird witchcraft to deflate his numbers.
I would agree that Spiller>FJax. Spiller certainly presents good value over at least the next 2 weeks, then comes NE and SF, After that, who knows, FJax back?And I give props to the Spiller owners that can roll him into someone like a R. White/P. Harvin level player fro the rest of the season. I guess my jest was aimed more towards those owners, because I guess I'd rather have that level of scoring potential for a full year instead of at best a time-share in a few more weeks. But more power to you all. :thumbup:

I would agree that Spiller>FJax. Spiller certainly presents good value over at least the next 2 weeks, then comes NE and SF, After that, who knows, FJax back?And I give props to the Spiller owners that can roll him into someone like a R. White/P. Harvin level player fro the rest of the season. I guess my jest was aimed more towards those owners, because I guess I'd rather have that level of scoring potential for a full year instead of at best a time-share in a few more weeks. But more power to you all. :thumbup:
RB is paper thin this season.Without a true crystal ball I know that Spiller will be the man getting most rb touches in Buff for approx a month. Then lets see if 31 year old fred can stay healthy, again.Im doubting anyone is truely desparate for a WR right now. just ride CJ while he is hot.

Everyone is acting like its a given Fred will be back in 4 weeks. That was the MINIMUM estimate. Once the swelling goes down and they get a clear MRI it's possible it's much worse.

Also 31 yr olds don't heal as well as younger guys, even if he returns he might not be the player he used to be.

So the FJax owners are certain that in a month, he'll be back starting and be on that tear he was on at the beginning of last year.

Hmmmm.

31 years old and suddenly he's got a history of injuries. Missed a bunch of games last year. Missing at least 4 this year.

It is not a new phenomena for an emerging RB to keep an oft injured vet off the field.

If Spiller plays well and even tops 100 against SF he just might remain the starter when FJax is healthy. There are a lot of ifs tehre, but it could happen.

The brick wall for most RBs is not 30 anymore, but its not far past it

:confused: This makes no sense at all. Lots of coaches prefer to to ride the veteran player. FJax is a good player and can be productive. However Spiller is more explosive (due to youth?). Spiller out performed FJax last year when FJax got hurt. But perhaps he just makes silly mistakes in practice that a veteran wouldn't and the coaching staff felt more secure going with FJax.And as far as the Jets defense letting Spiller get his yards in garbage time...since when has the Jets defense with all it's pride and #### talking ever willingly gave up yards? Especially to a RB? I can see playing soft coverage, keeping everything in front of you in the passing game. But stopping the run is what defenses take pride in. I'm positive the Jets defense didn't "let" Spiller eat them up like he did.But maybe they did. I'm just a football fan. :unsure:
No one said they 'let' him get yardage. If you don't know the difference between a standard defensive game plan, and a prevent defense where they are begging you to run so that the clock runs down and you don't get burned on the quick-hit deep ball, then you must be a relatively new football fan. No one is saying Spiller didn't play well. He used the opportunity that Jackson's injury gave him and he performed well. But he is the back up. F. Jackson was a top five back last year when he broke his leg. And the staff saw the two of them side by side all summer during OTA's and training camp. Jackson won the job again. Maybe last weelk's injury will hamper Jackson even when he's back. I guess that's one optimistic way of Spiller's owners to look at it. But if Jackson comes back in week 5 or 6 as good as he was this time last week, Spiller is back on the bench.

I don't know what will happen when FJax is healthy but I'm surprised by those who can declare he will get his touches back with such authority. Spiller is not some aging vet or warm body backup that will give the team 60% of what FJax can do. He's the heir apparent and in my view, that puts a different spin on it. Every mishap FJax suffers makes a share that much more likely.

(Disclosure - do not own either but owned FJax last year)

Users who are viewing this thread