What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GB's Fake Field Goal TD Last Night (1 Viewer)

P. Mazzola

Footballguy
Not that I'm displeased in the least with the GB D/ST performance last night, but I do have a scoring question. Why was the fake FG TD not a TD credited to the D/ST? From my understanding of the "action scoring" rules, TDs that occur while the D/ST is on the field (e.g., punt returns) are credited to both the D/ST and the individual player who scored. So, in this case, Tim Masthay should get a pass TD, Tom Crabtree should get a receiving TD, and the D/ST should get a TD, correct?

It was a regular offensive play. Until there is an actual kick, it is not a special teams play.

Besides, would you give the team points for a passing TD, a receiving TD, passing yardage and receiving yardage or would you just cherry pick which stats you would want to have applied?

From the Official Rules:

Touchdowns scored by the offensive team as a result of Fake FG, Fake Punt, Blocked FG or Blocked Punt do not count as Defensive/Special Teams scoring.

The kicking explanation makes sense, but your attitude sucks bro.
It was a legit question based on the multitude of threads on this. I've seen some arguments (obviously for FPC purposes case is closed) saying that the Defense Team should get 6 points, but no logic or reasoning provided for why the defense team would only get points for the act of receiving the TD but no points for also passing the TD or for the yardage gained in the play.Clearly a case of intent being misread in a board post.

Users who are viewing this thread