What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Friday waiver wire (1 Viewer)

The Governor

Footballguy
For the waiver report for Friday in my league a person was allowed to drop a player Earl Bennett for the Redskins. Earl played on thursday night. In my opinion you should not be allowed to drop a player that has already played a game. T.at is a huge advantage, Even though he was not in his lineup I gaurantee you he would not have dropped him if he scored big. This can be a big advantage. Let's say a player gets hurt on Thursday night he then can waiver him on Friday before all of the other teams have played. Would appreciate some feedback

As long as the player was not in his lineup there is no problem.

The rule is the rule - it is a good one and it's not going to change

An interesting point. I took a look at the rules and your concern appears valid. While Thursday night players cannot be picked up until the following week, there doesn't seem to be any restriction against dropping one whether he played or not. If Forte was out for the year. The Forte owner, picking up a replacement on Friday night (even though the pickings are slim anyway) would appear to have an advantage over an owner whose stud RB has a season ending injury on Sunday.

I would think that it's early enough that adding restriction against dropping Thursday night players until after the Friday waiver processing would be a fair thing to do.

There is a discussion about this on the FFPC boards where Alex has said that the current mechanism won't allow a player who was in an owner's lineup for Thursday game to be dropped on Friday.

That is the way it should be (should also be specifically added to the rules)

Users who are viewing this thread