What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brandon Myers (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
I grabbed him in dynasty a week ago and he had another solid game. I compete in a bunch of 2 PPR for TEs and you end up with some of these guys cracking the top5-10 in total points like Gronk/Graham last year. In those leagues you see folks fighting over the Scott Chandlers of the World. I believe he is benefiting some from a lack of WR2 because of injuries and also DHB ain't a top 20 WR1 in my book in terms of skill and everything else. I like DHB a lot more if he has a better receiver opposite him to take away some coverage. In the meantime, Carson Palmer has started connecting with Myers and he has solid although not spectacular weeks 1 and 2. Is this a guy on anyone's radar right now? If he can knock in a TD once in a while you might have a shot at a top 15 TE this year.

Any thoughts from my Oakland homers in here? I watched him at the game yesterday and liked what I saw.

Picked him up last week as well in my TE prem PPR league... He's got more points than Shady McCoy thru the first 2 weeks in my league :eek:

Glad you found some value to having Brandon Myers on your fantasy team.

Here's what you have. A big, plodding TE who can catch the ball pretty well and can actually leap laterally well and lay out, but don't ask him to sky for a ball. And knows better than to even attempt any moves upfield for yards after the catch. He'll just curl up and leap for some soft grass to fall on once he's secured the catch. He's a below average blocker, and a very good special teamer. Overall, he's the most complete Raider tight end, as a receiver or blocker, so he'll dominate the snaps. That is still not saying much. He's not an NFL quality starting tight end. But if the Raiders keep stinking up the stadium and get into a lot of garbage time, Myers could be gold for you and your funky 2pt/catch scoring system.

I'd like to hear more about this guy, too. Still searching for a TE silver on the ww ...
He was cheap, might still be cheap, if you have room i would just pick him up and ask questions later. Curiosity...who do you have now? Who would you have to cut?
I'd drop Gresham for him. Other league I have Olsen but holding for now. (Looked good week 1 and was more affected by low # of pass attempts week 2 than anything else)

I picked him up in a dynasty where I drafted very little TE talent and am pleased. I really don't expect for to be more than an OK depth guy at the spot. I was surprised to see he has 11 catches on 11 targets. That catch rate can't keep up so he will either have to start receiving more targets or his catches and yards should start to dip a bit.

I'd like to hear more about this guy, too. Still searching for a TE silver on the ww ...
He was cheap, might still be cheap, if you have room i would just pick him up and ask questions later. Curiosity...who do you have now? Who would you have to cut?
I'd drop Gresham for him. Other league I have Olsen but holding for now. (Looked good week 1 and was more affected by low # of pass attempts week 2 than anything else)
lol...considering dropping Romo for Fitzpatrick this week too?

MOP as you know I also picked up this guy (in a companion league) THAT said I think you should change the title of this thread - his value is in PPR leagues (not so much TD heavy leagues)

lol...considering dropping Romo for Fitzpatrick this week too?
I took Gresham hoping he'd be the #2 target behind AJ. With the emergence of Hawkins, that is clearly not the case. He was TE13 in last week's Top 250 I'd expect after Hawkins' performance Sunday he falls into the high-teens. LOL me all you want but would you be LOLing if Gresham were a third round pick? Don't let his first round pedigree cloud you judgement of him. Sorry if you have him in dynasty. :shrug:

I added him on my roster on a 14 team 2qb/2rb/4wr/2flex/6bench league and am happy with what hes provided so far. Also have Chandler for comparable value. They've been better than Fred Davis. .7/rec

I like those options better...we're talking TE3 if you have that kind of roster. Also should stress most of my leagues are best ball so it's not like I "have to" start him, just part of a trio lets say at TE in a BB format, this guy would/should fit for the rest of the year. I do like what Raiderfan posted, glad he chimed in.

MOP as you know I also picked up this guy (in a companion league) THAT said I think you should change the title of this thread - his value is in PPR leagues (not so much TD heavy leagues)
"TE" heavy...adjust those reading glasses my friend. And you were ahead of the rush in that companion league, sure he would get snagged up. Both of those leagues IMO, folks have been ahead of the curve.

15 targets and 15 receptions for the season. Not a huge day today but that only make sit easier to grab this guy as your TE2 on the WW.

15 targets and 15 receptions for the season. Not a huge day today but that only make sit easier to grab this guy as your TE2 on the WW.
I think because he sustained a concussion so day could have been much bigger.How in the world is this guy catching everything thrown to him? Simply amazing.

Bumping this.

With Graham on bye and Finley questionable, looking for a one-week (or maybe more if Graham is out after the bye) option.

Cupboard is pretty bare, but Myers is available.

Any more thoughts on this guy?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bumping this.With Graham on bye and Finley questionable, looking for a one-week (or maybe more if Graham is out after the bye) option.Cupboard is pretty bare, but Myers is available.Any more thoughts on this guy?
Play him if you don't have a better option

Bumping this.With Graham on bye and Finley questionable, looking for a one-week (or maybe more if Graham is out after the bye) option.Cupboard is pretty bare, but Myers is available.Any more thoughts on this guy?
I don't think he's a very good option going forward. Earlier this year, when Myers broke out, the WR crew was DHB without Denarius Moore or it was a fledgling Moore coming back from injury and DHB out concussed. Now both are back healthy and going up against potent Atlanta. I think Carson Palmer is going to be forced to air it out quite a bit to his WR's, and then there is the expanding role of Marcel Reece who is a matchup nightmare for LB's. Give credit to Myers for his part has caught all his targets, but I see his targets diminishing going forward as long as the Raider wideouts are healthy.

I don't think he's a very good option going forward. Earlier this year, when Myers broke out, the WR crew was DHB without Denarius Moore or it was a fledgling Moore coming back from injury and DHB out concussed. Now both are back healthy and going up against potent Atlanta. I think Carson Palmer is going to be forced to air it out quite a bit to his WR's, and then there is the expanding role of Marcel Reece who is a matchup nightmare for LB's. Give credit to Myers for his part has caught all his targets, but I his targets will diminish going forward as long as the Raider wideouts are healthy.
Good insight - the previous skeleton crew at WR did cross my mind. Thanks.

Graham owner. Picked him up for now but might opt for DJ Williams if Finley for sure out. Though Myers still more attractive if graham misses more time.

I'm debating Myers, Dreessen, DJ Williams.. also have Fleener available.. leaning towards Dreessen right now

Served me well when Graham was dinged but sent him to the wire after and there he still sits. I'm sure someone will bid this week. He's a very solid and consistent performer.

Picked him up 3 weeks ago. First time starting him today. Nice play. Wish I would have started him in all my leagues.

Showed up on our wire in my 14 team PPR TE heavy dynasty league and had to grab him. My other two TE's are Gates and Rudolph. I'll start Myers with confidence weekly ahead of both of these two headaches.

Weather/field conditions scared me out of starting him this week- played Olsen instead. Maybe if some of his catches went to Reece it wouldn't have hurt so bad. I think that makes two 30+ fantasy point games this year.

Had him several weeks ago and he had several crappy yardage games in my non ppr league so I dropped him.

I hope to get him back off the wire this week.

Tamme and Celek are also available if I don't. I've got Dallas Clark now, but would like Myers for the playoff run.

I dropped him for Tamme due to concerns over weather. The statline is unbelievable. I read that he had something like 7 catches for 70+ yards and a td in the 4th quarter. I didn't see the game, but wonder how much of that 4th Qtr activity was a reflection of the Browns allowing the Raiders to catch underneath passes to keep the clock moving and stop the big play.

I dropped him for Tamme due to concerns over weather. The statline is unbelievable. I read that he had something like 7 catches for 70+ yards and a td in the 4th quarter. I didn't see the game, but wonder how much of that 4th Qtr activity was a reflection of the Browns allowing the Raiders to catch underneath passes to keep the clock moving and stop the big play.
That might be true, but even so, Myers is TE5 in the NFL in terms of targets, with 1 less than Graham. For those who had/have Gronk, F. Davis or even and underperforming Finley or Gates, Myers might get you through the playoffs with some solid points from the TE position.

Wondering if this is an inside joke, but early te projections

1 B Myers vs DEN 12 128 0.7 17.0

2 A Hernande vs HOU 6 63 0.6 9.9

3 T Gonzalez at CAR 6 60 0.5 9.0

4 J Cook at IND 5 56 0.4 8.0

5 J Witten at CIN 6 60 0.3 7.8

6 O Daniels at NE 4 51 0.4 7.5

7 M Bennett vs NO 4 48 0.4 7.2

8 G Olsen vs ATL 4 52 0.3 7.0

9 J Gresham vs DAL 4 46 0.4 7.0

10 H Miller vs SD 4 44 0.4 6.8

11 J Tamme at OAK 4 43 0.4 6.7

12 S Chandler vs STL 3 40 0.4 6.4

13 K Rudolph vs CHI 4 39 0.4 6.3

14 J Finley vs DET 4 42 0.3 6.0

15 B Pettigre at GB 4 40 0.3 5.8

16 V Davis vs MIA 3 40 0.3 5.8

17 B Celek at TB 4 46 0.2 5.8

18 J Graham at NYG 3 38 0.3 5.6

I was riding Myers for several weeks but recently traded for Hernandez. Is anyone else trying to decide between Hernandez or Myers against the awful-against-the-TE Bronco's?

Both my leagues are two TE, with a flex 5th WR or 3rd TE. Picked him up in the vet auction in one league. In the other was planning to draft him late, and an owner called in from work unable to make a pick and asked if I'd choose someone for him. Selected Myers for him because he was so thin at TE, though I'd have grabbed him myself at my next pick. :kicksrock:

Does tweaked his rankings. Bumped Myers up. One of the most outlandish I've ever seen gods distance 1 pole position from the rest of the field.

T

1 B Myers vs DEN 13 133 0.8 18.1

Tell u what. In a winner take all division battle, never thought id be considering benching jimmy mother ####### graham for this kid. :unsure:

Eta: done. Go BM! :toilet:

Users who are viewing this thread