What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jacquizz Rodgers... What gives (1 Viewer)

Chazzhawk

Footballguy
I understand if he isn't talented enough, I understand if he is missing blocks, I really understand if he is fumbling. However, all preseason and during the off season all we heard was how much more involved in the offense Rodgers would be. Now I admit I am not watching the game all that close but it seems like Turner is in there all the time, 3rd down, no huddle, and he looks horrible while out there. Anyone shed some light on this?

For the wise guys, yes I own Rodgers in 3 leagues, 2 are best ball, 1 is a dynasty and I am not starting him. I am just surprised he isn't getting a chance, or is he and it just happens to be the time I am not watching the game?

As ineffective as Turner has been, they just must not have any faith in the guy. I'd imagine that if Turner keeps playing so poorly (even if the line is at fault), he'll start to get more chances.

My guess is that he'll get a chance to take over in this game if the Falcons score again. It may be a chance to show what he's got.

(I have noticed him in the game quite a bit tonight, he's just not putting up any stats)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a matter of time. It's only week 2 and turner is a vet. Turners completely done though.

It's really funny when they lined turner up wide a couple times.

Turner is done, but unfortunately Rodgers and his 3 ypc is just as bad.

Atlanta will be drafting a rb fairly early next year.

It's a matter of time. It's only week 2 and turner is a vet. Turners completely done though.It's really funny when they lined turner up wide a couple times.
I seen a lot of those plays too, and just thought it looked funny that a short offensive lineman was in the slot. If the kid sucks then he sucks, it just seems like Atlanta said he was going to get his chance and he gets nothing. Anyone in Atlanta hear anything on sport radio? Does he suck in practice too?

I don't know why he kept getting hyped up - if you look back you'll see that I mentioned the same thing in the Jaquizz thread over the summer. He's just not that good - he's small and unlike other small backs, hes not really fast either. His quicks are okay but nothing special.

I worked hard to get him in a dynasty league, and drafted him in my one redraft. I was a big believer that he'd take over the role from Turner, more because of situation than talent. From what I've seen from him so far over the past season and this season, I just don't see much talent there.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm willing to accept that I may have made a bad judgement on this one.

Rodgers is small and actually not that fast for a guy his size, I don't understand the fascination with him other than the fact that he has a cool name. :P

I expect Atlanta to draft or sign a new RB next year for sure, because Turner is no longer a burner and Rodgers will never be more than a situational, backup RB.

You gotta be patient with this guy. His time will come. Maybe it's not this year but I'm holding onto him for a few more weeks, it's pretty obvious Turner is done it's only a matter of time before 'Quizz starts getting an opportunity.

I agree with everyone who is saying have patience.

Turner was getting nothing done tonight.

I would give it a few weeks unless you can't spare a roster spot and need something else desperately.

The people saying have patience must be the same people who say have patience for Jstew or Dwil...

Traded this guy away last week for reggie bush in dynasty, couldn't be happier right now

The people saying have patience must be the same people who say have patience for Jstew or Dwil...Traded this guy away last week for reggie bush in dynasty, couldn't be happier right now
Well done! I honestly don't see the Falcons ever giving Rodgers a shot as the main back, I don't believe that they view him that way and I don't blame them. I would be shocked if they didn't bring in a another rb or 2 next season. This season is make or break for Rodgers with Turner struggling, but I don't see him doing anything special.

The people saying have patience must be the same people who say have patience for Jstew or Dwil...Traded this guy away last week for reggie bush in dynasty, couldn't be happier right now
Well done! I honestly don't see the Falcons ever giving Rodgers a shot as the main back, I don't believe that they view him that way and I don't blame them. I would be shocked if they didn't bring in a another rb or 2 next season. This season is make or break for Rodgers with Turner struggling, but I don't see him doing anything special.
couldn't agree more. Now or never for Quizz... if he doesnt do geed this year they will find another rookie or FA veteran to replace the afterBurner Turner

I was talking redraft...where I don't think he has much trade value at all. Just a patient roster stash in the hopes that something will come of it soon. Congrats on your move though. Bush looks like he put it all back together and is in for a great year.

Ray Rice looked pretty crappy his first year before coming on. There are many other examples...
A 3.5 career ypc on around 60 carries coming into tonight doesn't look promising. Rice had a 4.2 ypc average in his first year, he's also stronger and faster than Rodgers.

Ray Rice looked pretty crappy his first year before coming on. There are many other examples...
True, but some rookies just never catch on it's a fact. There is always that chance any player can make it big with the right situation, i just feel if he is going to be good he needs to go to a team that suits his running style/size better. Atlanta is built for a Turne/Hillis type runner not Quizz type. Granted they could decide to change their run game but i see them just grabbing a bruiser FA/prospect to replace a great bruiser type RB... just my $.02

I was talking redraft...where I don't think he has much trade value at all. Just a patient roster stash in the hopes that something will come of it soon. Congrats on your move though. Bush looks like he put it all back together and is in for a great year.
I am still in shock, I was expecting half that many points, the guy who gave me him can't be too happy right now though lol... Miami actually looked decent against Oakland this week though!

Wait til next year. Good luck with that thinking on a 5th round NFL draft pick...

He's yet to show any sort of vision or ability to run through trash at the NFL level.

It's now or never for him.

Quizz doesn't look good to me. He either lacks the vision or lateral quickness to take advantage of holes. The thing with Ray Rice that became apparent early in his rookie year is that he was a great pass catcher and really good balance. Quizz hasn't shown anything like that. He seems to go down pretty easily.

'enfuego said:
Ray rice was a 2nd round pick who ran a 4.42 and had 130 touches his rookie year producing fairly well with those touches.Rodgers was a 5th round pick who ran a 4.64 and had 78 touches last year and had a horrid YPC. He also looks horrible so far this year.The love for this nobody 5th round pick who has shown nothing is mind boggling. He's not feature back material and comparing him to Rice is a huge insult to Ray.

'enfuego said:
Ray rice was a 2nd round pick who ran a 4.42 and had 130 touches his rookie year producing fairly well with those touches.

Rodgers was a 5th round pick who ran a 4.64 and had 78 touches last year and had a horrid YPC. He also looks horrible so far this year.

The love for this nobody 5th round pick who has shown nothing is mind boggling. He's not feature back material and comparing him to Rice is a huge insult to Ray.
:goodposting: I'm telling you, it's his cool name. :P

The appeal, I suppose, is based off of the assumption that ATL won't continue to trot out that abomination they call Micheal Turner for an entire season.

'enfuego said:
Ray rice was a 2nd round pick who ran a 4.42 and had 130 touches his rookie year producing fairly well with those touches.

Rodgers was a 5th round pick who ran a 4.64 and had 78 touches last year and had a horrid YPC. He also looks horrible so far this year.

The love for this nobody 5th round pick who has shown nothing is mind boggling. He's not feature back material and comparing him to Rice is a huge insult to Ray.
Let me insult some more: Rodgers 40 time was 4.47, not 4.64.

'enfuego said:

His combine time was 4.64. Pro day times aren't near as accurate and always inflated.

'enfuego said:

His combine time was 4.64. Pro day times aren't near as accurate and always inflated.
It's not worth my time to get into semantics here about how good a player is based on combine or pro day 40 times. I think Rodgers will be fine in ATL with more time in the system.

'Shawn said:
straight up? that's highway robbery.

'enfuego said:

It's not worth my time to get into semantics here about how good a player is based on combine or pro day 40 times. I think Rodgers will be fine in ATL with more time in the system.
If it's not worth your time I'm not sure why you responded in the first place. Everyone knows Pro-Day 40 Times are always much better. Combine numbers are always more accurate. Comparing Rodgers to Rice is like comparing Dion Lewis to MJD. Completely ridiculous.

I have a feeling the Falcons may be in the market for a back via trade this year. Turner just isn't getting it done. The Saints probably have the most quality backs available but they won't trade with the Falcons.

For what it is worth it looks like Rodgers was on for almost all the 3rd downs tonight.

Rodgers just isn't very good. Hate to break the news. He wasn't good last year either, I really didn't get the hype for him this preseason based on essentially zero game tape and all conjecture.

His trade value just got a boost.

Im thinking about cashing in.

Im guessing suspension will come last part of this season? Question is if they now decide to bring Quizz in more to see what he has got.

I have a feeling the Falcons may be in the market for a back via trade this year. Turner just isn't getting it done. The Saints probably have the most quality backs available but they won't trade with the Falcons. For what it is worth it looks like Rodgers was on for almost all the 3rd downs tonight.
Did the pushing back of the trade deadline go into effect this year? If Fred Jackson can show he's reasonably healthy prior to week 8, he would be a great fit.

His trade value just got a boost.Im thinking about cashing in.
Jacquizz has not looked very well suited for the how he is being used so far in Atlanta. It might also be that he is just not very talented. Either way I'll be looking to move him if the news of Turner's DUI inflates his value.

I watched the whole game and the run blocking was terrible. No wonder every RB they put back there looked bad. Also no creativity in run play calling - ran straight up the middle every single time. As far as RBs catching balls - they did go out, but Ryan never looks to them. They are check down options and he never checks down that far. I don't think any back would look good in that backfield.

If atl could deal quizz for alex green that would fit both teams
Why would the Packers get rid of an RB they like who knows their system and is rehabbing for a guy who can't beat out a washed up Turner and has not done anything?What benefit does that give Green Bay?

'Shawn said:
The people saying have patience must be the same people who say have patience for Jstew or Dwil...
The difference is that both Stewart and DWill are still good running backs (discounting Williams' awful week 1, of course). Turner looks washed up. The issue is whether Rodgers is good enough to take over for Turner.

Users who are viewing this thread