What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Andre Brown - trade value (1 Viewer)

pittstownkiller

Footballguy
What is his trade value? A solid argument can be made that he is at his highest value right now. What is his value this season? Are you holding, selling, or buying; what is he being moved for - let's look at dynasty and redraft too. I hate to put in names because I play in small leagues but I'll throw out some: Brown for J. Graham or Gronkowski; Brown for Austin or Wallace; Brown for R. Mathews?

What is his trade value? A solid argument can be made that he is at his highest value right now. What is his value this season? Are you holding, selling, or buying; what is he being moved for - let's look at dynasty and redraft too. I hate to put in names because I play in small leagues but I'll throw out some: Brown for J. Graham or Gronkowski; Brown for Austin or Wallace; Brown for R. Mathews?
Last night was a perfect storm for him - opportunity plus a horrible run defense. He did extremely well. The issue with his value is the uncertainty around his shelf life. Bradshaw will be back and Wilson is hanging around to a degree that is hotly debated around here. Unless you feel really strongly that the guard is changing here, he's probably of most value to your league's Bradshaw owner.

Last night was a perfect storm for him - opportunity plus a horrible run defense. He did extremely well. The issue with his value is the uncertainty around his shelf life. Bradshaw will be back and Wilson is hanging around to a degree that is hotly debated around here. Unless you feel really strongly that the guard is changing here, he's probably of most value to your league's Bradshaw owner.
Me, personally, I am in the NE and my league is made up of Giants fans so what he is worth is skewed; the thread is about his value that he is going for so we could try to determine his long-term value.

You are waaaay overestimating Brown's value. First, Bradshaw was not going to recover in time to play with the Giants having a short week. No one knows if Bradshaw would have played on a full week's rest. Second, the Panthers have a horable run defense. The gave up 150 yards rushing in their prevoius game. No one is going to give up Gronk or Graham on a one week flyer.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I think many will want to see what happens when Bradshaw is back. Will Ahmad struggle and Brown continue to be productive? His value hinges on that. Most will be very cautious till that hashes out. Seems like from the Giants boards, many feel Bradshaw has lost a step and isn't making the correct reads at times. But they don't feel Bradshaw has lost the starting job. Brown has earned more carries though.

The Oline get a lot of blame. Particularly Diehl. He got hurt, but that may have saved him from the indignity of getting benched for Locklear now that the LT Beatty is back healthy.

Last edited by a moderator:
:goodposting: And if you ARE the Bradshaw owner, no reason to sell. Wilson is clearly not competition for carries for a few weeks and if Bradshaw is out longer than...well, Bradshaw owners hope (because I don't think a timeline has been put forth) - then Brown is clearly the starter/goal line/3 down guy. He doesn't get to play Carolina every week, but he will clearly get 20 touches/game until Bradshaw is back - and with Brown's solid performance last night, NY might let Bradshaw have an extra week or so off to heal up.

No one knows how serious Bradshaw's injury is. If it's open ended and multi week, Brown is a low RB1/high RB2 value. So a high end WR.If Bradshaw returns next week, he's more like a mid-low RB2 value. So maybe Austin from someone that needs a RB.If you want to trade him before Bradshaw's situation becomes less murky, you need to find someone who's convinced they've read the tea leaves, and decided that Bradshaw will be a 1B, even if he makes it on to the field, if you want something better than Austin.

No one knows how serious Bradshaw's injury is. If it's open ended and multi week, Brown is a low RB1/high RB2 value. So a high end WR.If Bradshaw returns next week, he's more like a mid-low RB2 value. So maybe Austin from someone that needs a RB.If you want to trade him before Bradshaw's situation becomes less murky, you need to find someone who's convinced they've read the tea leaves, and decided that Bradshaw will be a 1B, even if he makes it on to the field, if you want something better than Austin.
LolGood luck with that.

I traded a 2013 2nd for him before the game yesterday. I'm a Bradshaw owner though and knew I was overpaying. I doubt I would be able to get that again for him after that performance, but who knows.

That is why I said I hate to put out names. I play in a small dynasty league with small rosters; everyone has depth and slanted trades happen all the time. We had Julio Jones traded straight up for the #8 pick in a rookie draft for an example.

That is why I said I hate to put out names. I play in a small dynasty league with small rosters; everyone has depth and slanted trades happen all the time. We had Julio Jones traded straight up for the #8 pick in a rookie draft for an example.
Might want to edit that out before this thing gets derailed into a billion posts of people reacting to that statement

LolGood luck with that.
It's possIble that I undervalue Austin as a mid WR2. Like, I own Brown in one league as a RB4, and I wouldn't trade him straight up for Austin. I'd rather bank on Brown. Bradshaw has not looked good and a neck injury without a timetable for return is not a positive sign for a RB. YMMV.

The Carolina D looked absolutely horrible last night, even worse than last season. Even when Brown didn't have giant holes to rumble through, defenders like Jon Beason were just bouncing off him. They made him look like Tecmo Bowl Bo Jackson. And Barden was unchallenged on just about every pass thrown his way. It looked like CAR was running a base 4-3 scheme with some 3-4 looks but they were extremely soft in coverage, showed very poor tacking, and got zero pressure on Manning. They do not have the personnel or talent to stop anyone.

I think Brown ran very strong and made the most of this opportunity. But he won't face a defense this pathetic again for the rest of the year, although it could be argued that the Saints in Week 14 might be a close second . For that reason, I think owners should sell high if they can.

be honest. The guy you are trying to trade with reads these forums

Traded him this morning for a future 2nd round pick to the D Wilson owner (12 team dynasty, 53 man rosters, superflex, 0.5ppr for RB, 1ppr everyone else).

In rebuild mode, picked him up off waivers 2 days ago.

obvi if bradshaw is out for an extended period of time that inflates his value. If you have brown and can get any of the guys mentioned in the OP gotta do it.

100% honest - I don't trade and as far as I know no one in my league uses this website and certainly not these forums.

Might want to edit that out before this thing gets derailed into a billion posts of people reacting to that statement
I don't even want to be think about that trade; the kicker was that it was our commissioner (who got Jones) and his buddy (who got the 8th) who he had take over one of our dynasty teams. On draft day I told the commish in front of everyone, that I was not going to protest the trade but I thought it was bull####. All the other guys asked why if I had a problem with it I didn't raise the issue. I told them that I am always the one who raises the issues and they go no where (I even had two guys telling me it was a fair trade and another telling me that Jones wasn't that good) - and that the commish wasn't in my division so it didn't effect me; that last part resonated with the guys in his division though.

I think he has value as the clear number two if nothing else. But I like the way he runs. He is a veteran, gets his pads low, is patient in the hole and has good vision. He has excellent quickness and can catch the ball.

Bradshaw has a history of injuries. Most Bradshaw owners know that. Which is not to say he will get hurt, or rather stay hurt, but there is a good chance he will miss games now and in the future.

On the year, I suspect the Brown to have similar numbers as Brandon Jacobs did last year, if not an uptick if Bradshaw is out (either now or later). Plus he catches the ball. 20-30 receptions.

I suppose it is always easier to look backward on trade value.

He has a chance to be the pick-up player of this year. RB for the World Champions. Good Line. Disciplined team. But what are you willing to wager on it?

Again, its all about chance and opportunity. But he has a chance.

100% honest - I don't trade and as far as I know no one in my league uses this website and certainly not these forums.
Steve?

Steve?
Nope, but if you typed something along the lines of "you're wrong" you would of had me guessing.

Where is your proof of this? The Giants have been awfully secretive about this "neck" injury of Bradshaw's. MRI was done on Monday and results haven't been shared as far as I know. I would hold onto Brown at least until something more definitive on Bradshaw is known. It's not like he was the model of health before this.

Picked up off the waiver wire wednesday, traded him for cutler and 2013 second round pick. (dynasty league)

Needed a backup qb and was deep at rb. Safe profit. Hard to see bradshaw going away and wilson not being used eventually. Didnt buy into long term value.

DITTO!

'Crazysight said:
Where is your proof of this? The Giants have been awfully secretive about this "neck" injury of Bradshaw's. MRI was done on Monday and results haven't been shared as far as I know. I would hold onto Brown at least until something more definitive on Bradshaw is known. It's not like he was the model of health before this.
I'm not sure I need to produce "proof" to say that Bradshaw will be back, despite not knowing exactly when. Feel free to ride Brown until more is known about Bradshaw's situation provided you understand that information will immediately affect Brown's value - either for better or worse. As they say in the stock market, buy on rumour, sell on fact.

I expect Bradshaw back next week, entirely speculative but I havent heard anything other than its a minor sprain.

So I would put Browns value at somewhere below David Wilsons value was when he was drafted, and a little bit higher if your trading to the Bradshaw owner.

All this talk of doom and gloom is laughable, expecting a timeshare similar to when Jacobs was in town 70/30-60/40 in Bradshaws favor.

I expect Bradshaw back next week, entirely speculative but I havent heard anything other than its a minor sprain.So I would put Browns value at somewhere below David Wilsons value was when he was drafted, and a little bit higher if your trading to the Bradshaw owner.All this talk of doom and gloom is laughable, expecting a timeshare similar to when Jacobs was in town 70/30-60/40 in Bradshaws favor.
Surprised to hear below Wilson's value; any more fumbles by Wilson and he'll be brought along very, very, slowly. The Giants want to run the ball and pass off of that; Brown has done that better than anyone on the team and has got his foot in the door. Obviously they'll give Bradshaw tthe majority of ouches, because he is a known quantity, but Brown has talent and talent plays.

I expect Bradshaw back next week, entirely speculative but I havent heard anything other than its a minor sprain.

So I would put Browns value at somewhere below David Wilsons value was when he was drafted, and a little bit higher if your trading to the Bradshaw owner.

All this talk of doom and gloom is laughable, expecting a timeshare similar to when Jacobs was in town 70/30-60/40 in Bradshaws favor.
Surprised to hear below Wilson's value; any more fumbles by Wilson and he'll be brought along very, very, slowly. The Giants want to run the ball and pass off of that; Brown has done that better than anyone on the team and has got his foot in the door. Obviously they'll give Bradshaw tthe majority of ouches, because he is a known quantity, but Brown has talent and talent plays.
I think Run it Up was saying Wilson's value at the time of the draft - not Wilson's value now. Not too long ago (before Wilson's dreaded fumble) his value was pretty solid as Bradshaw's back up. If Brown now takes over Wilson's value as the 2nd back then that's not too shabby - and I think fairly accurate.

'Mighty Mice said:
Picked up off the waiver wire wednesday, traded him for cutler and 2013 second round pick. (dynasty league)Needed a backup qb and was deep at rb. Safe profit. Hard to see bradshaw going away and wilson not being used eventually. Didnt buy into long term value.
Yeah, I didn't get that trade.... Either Cutler OR a 2nd, but both? Oof.

Not saying I disagree but the guy has a lot of stickers on his suitcase in the past few years, churning on and off various rosters and practice squads. It would be rare for this to occur with a guy that's really that talented wouldn't it?

Not saying I disagree but the guy has a lot of stickers on his suitcase in the past few years, churning on and off various rosters and practice squads. It would be rare for this to occur with a guy that's really that talented wouldn't it?
I agree but let's look at what he did do: ran well, blocked well, showed patience, followed his assignments, held onto the ball, and caught some passes; blocking, patience, and assignments are something your probably going to see a considerable drop off with the rookie Wilson - plus he has fumbling issues.

I agree but let's look at what he did do: ran well, blocked well, showed patience, followed his assignments, held onto the ball, and caught some passes; blocking, patience, and assignments are something your probably going to see a considerable drop off with the rookie Wilson - plus he has fumbling issues.

Bradshaw's been cleared for contact. Browns trade value likely drops. Sell before league mates find out.

Users who are viewing this thread