Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
cosjobs

*****OFFICIAL FORMULA ONE GRAND PRIX THREAD*****

Recommended Posts

Really wanted to see Danny Ric get a podium.  But, good race for Albon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hats off to Lewis for making it seem easy again.  It was pretty comical to watch Leclerc get picked off by a car every lap in the DRS zone but both Ferraris finished in the points for #1000.

It's probably only a matter of time before the FIA goes to standing starts after all safety cars.  That would have been preferable to the bunch up that led to they first red flag.  My recording cut off so I didn't see what happened to drop Russell on the last restart when he had a hold on 9th place.  There won't be many better opportunities for Williams to pick up points.

Sochi next in two week's time.  Too bad it's a crap circuit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Eephus said:

My recording cut off so I didn't see what happened to drop Russell on the last restart when he had a hold on 9th place. 

They were focused on the front on the last re-start - but there was a comment in the broadcast that Russell just had a bad restart, he made up a little ground, but obviously not enough.

 

But, yeah, hard to envision a better opportunity for Russell to grab a point than when almost half the field are taken out.  Between that and Ricciardo just missing the podium, it was a bit of a let down for me - despite the Mercedes win.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 9/13/2020 at 7:23 AM, Sinn Fein said:
On 9/12/2020 at 7:26 AM, Sinn Fein said:
On 9/6/2020 at 9:17 AM, zazale said:
  On 8/1/2020 at 9:34 PM, zazale said:

Gasly deserves Red Bull's 2nd seat over Albon change my mind

:coffee:

 

:goodposting:

:bowtie:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

They were focused on the front on the last re-start - but there was a comment in the broadcast that Russell just had a bad restart, he made up a little ground, but obviously not enough.

 

But, yeah, hard to envision a better opportunity for Russell to grab a point than when almost half the field are taken out.  Between that and Ricciardo just missing the podium, it was a bit of a let down for me - despite the Mercedes win.

 

 

One other factor that could have hurt Russell on the last restart is Grosjean and Kimi got an extra lap to put heat in their tires when they were given the wave around to make up their lap at the end of the red flag period.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

About as exciting a Q2 as you can see without rain.

:oldunsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the race to the first two corners should be fun tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:yawn:

 

Another stupid mistake by Hamilton.  Otherwise, a Sunday drive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Honda is out after next season - leaving Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault as the remaining engine suppliers for the series.

 

Red Bull, and Red Bull Jr. will have to find a new supplier in time for the 2022 season, with new specs.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

So, Honda is out after next season - leaving Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault as the remaining engine suppliers for the series.

 

Red Bull, and Red Bull Jr. will have to find a new supplier in time for the 2022 season, with new specs.

 

Saw this today.  Long term,.may be a blessing in disguise.  I'm getting really bored with the status quo.  I guess Mercedes is most of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.