Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
cosjobs

*****OFFICIAL FORMULA ONE GRAND PRIX THREAD*****

Really wanted to see Danny Ric get a podium.  But, good race for Albon.

Hats off to Lewis for making it seem easy again.  It was pretty comical to watch Leclerc get picked off by a car every lap in the DRS zone but both Ferraris finished in the points for #1000.

It's probably only a matter of time before the FIA goes to standing starts after all safety cars.  That would have been preferable to the bunch up that led to they first red flag.  My recording cut off so I didn't see what happened to drop Russell on the last restart when he had a hold on 9th place.  There won't be many better opportunities for Williams to pick up points.

Sochi next in two week's time.  Too bad it's a crap circuit.

13 hours ago, Eephus said:

My recording cut off so I didn't see what happened to drop Russell on the last restart when he had a hold on 9th place. 

They were focused on the front on the last re-start - but there was a comment in the broadcast that Russell just had a bad restart, he made up a little ground, but obviously not enough.

But, yeah, hard to envision a better opportunity for Russell to grab a point than when almost half the field are taken out.  Between that and Ricciardo just missing the podium, it was a bit of a let down for me - despite the Mercedes win.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2020 at 7:23 AM, Sinn Fein said:
On 9/12/2020 at 7:26 AM, Sinn Fein said:
On 9/6/2020 at 9:17 AM, zazale said:
  On 8/1/2020 at 9:34 PM, zazale said:

Gasly deserves Red Bull's 2nd seat over Albon change my mind

:coffee:

:goodposting:

:bowtie:

4 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

They were focused on the front on the last re-start - but there was a comment in the broadcast that Russell just had a bad restart, he made up a little ground, but obviously not enough.

But, yeah, hard to envision a better opportunity for Russell to grab a point than when almost half the field are taken out.  Between that and Ricciardo just missing the podium, it was a bit of a let down for me - despite the Mercedes win.

One other factor that could have hurt Russell on the last restart is Grosjean and Kimi got an extra lap to put heat in their tires when they were given the wave around to make up their lap at the end of the red flag period.

• Like 1

About as exciting a Q2 as you can see without rain.

:oldunsure:

Well, the race to the first two corners should be fun tomorrow.

:yawn:

Another stupid mistake by Hamilton.  Otherwise, a Sunday drive.

So, Honda is out after next season - leaving Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault as the remaining engine suppliers for the series.

Red Bull, and Red Bull Jr. will have to find a new supplier in time for the 2022 season, with new specs.

5 hours ago, Sinn Fein said:

So, Honda is out after next season - leaving Ferrari, Mercedes and Renault as the remaining engine suppliers for the series.

Red Bull, and Red Bull Jr. will have to find a new supplier in time for the 2022 season, with new specs.

Saw this today.  Long term,.may be a blessing in disguise.  I'm getting really bored with the status quo.  I guess Mercedes is most of it.