What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

JPP (1 Viewer)

He doesn't look like himself at all. He is not running down plays. He was slow to get up a few times, and I'm wondering if he is injured and is just trying to play through it.

I think he's mostly looked good. He's getting a lot of attention now though and that makes it harder to break through in the boxscore.

I'm not speaking to his stat line. I watched rhe whole game--and him specifically. He stayed down on a knee after plays at least twice, and I don't think he was fatigued. He is known for his high motor and for chasing plays down when they are well past the LOS. He displayed neither last night. In fact, there were several times when Vick rolled out away from JPP and he made no effort to pursue toward the other side of the field.

I would think the coaches were telling him to stay home. Vick and Shady are both known to switch the field and cut back. Over pursuing would lose the backside contain. I recall Collinsworth mentioning it once where he did start chasing down Shady hard down the line and got cut back on.

That's sounds a little more likely, but I'm sure they didn't tell him to stay home when the ball carrier was into the linebackers...maybe I'm overreacting, I just hope he isn't losing some of his hunger.

Is it time to cut him? I dont have many options on the WW, so I may be stuck.

I drafted him as my first defensive player pick...ugh.

Here's what I have on the WW:

Michael Bennett (TB)

Dwan Edwards

Michael Johnson (CIN)

Sam Acho (ARI)

Cameron Jordan (NO)

Robert Quinn (SL)

So three questions:

Stick with JPP?

Bench him and pick up one of the above?

Dump him this week as he's not worth a roster spot (can you tell I'm annoyed :thumbdown: ?)

You can't dump him. He's too talented. I'd bench him, depending on the matchup, and pick up Michael Johnson or Quinn,.

I would like to hear from Jene on this. Early on JPP was causing havoc, and drawing extra blockers--just not doing much in the stat column. Today, I saw him dominated by an unheralded rookie RT who was not receiving any help...the fact that Cleveland was wiling to single block him with a rookie speaks to my initial point in this thread...something has changed with JPP (and its not scheme or being double or triple blocked). I really hope he is trying to mask an injury.

I would like to hear from Jene on this. Early on JPP was causing havoc, and drawing extra blockers--just not doing much in the stat column. Today, I saw him dominated by an unheralded rookie RT who was not receiving any help...the fact that Cleveland was wiling to single block him with a rookie speaks to my initial point in this thread...something has changed with JPP (and its not scheme or being double or triple blocked). I really hope he is trying to mask an injury.
JPP is a stud but he got worked over pretty good by Browns All-Pro OLT Joe Thomas.The rookie RT is Mitchell Schwartz and he's quickly gotten up to speed but he was getting help with JPP on the plays where Piere Paul looked, uh, kinda rough to be kind. Basically the Browns edges are 'stacked' with Joe Thomas and Mitchell Schwartz and JPP and Osi and Tuck had a tough matchup. Weeden didn't get sacked once and he had a ton of attempted passes so give credit where its due and that is to the Browns offensive tackles, they simply had a very good game against very good opponents and they are both good players.

JPP is a stud but he got worked over pretty good by Browns All-Pro OLT Joe Thomas.The rookie RT is Mitchell Schwartz and he's quickly gotten up to speed but he was getting help with JPP on the plays where Piere Paul looked, uh, kinda rough to be kind. Basically the Browns edges are 'stacked' with Joe Thomas and Mitchell Schwartz and JPP and Osi and Tuck had a tough matchup. Weeden didn't get sacked once and he had a ton of attempted passes so give credit where its due and that is to the Browns offensive tackles, they simply had a very good game against very good opponents and they are both good players.
Agreed, but JPP didn't even have a single hurry. I'm not shocked he was held without a sack, but to be held without a hurry is kind of crazy. At least, coming into the season JPP was viewed as matchup proof, perhaps now the reality is that he is not. He still played a high percentage of snaps, so I don't think this is an injury. Something to keep an eye on for sure though.

I'm not sure how constructive this observation is, but other than JJ Watt I don't think there's any other DEs right now that are putting up great or consistent numbers. The position seems to be a black hole this season.

I'm not sure how constructive this observation is, but other than JJ Watt I don't think there's any other DEs right now that are putting up great or consistent numbers. The position seems to be a black hole this season.
I believe Cameron wake still has more hits and hurries than jj. it just started breaking through in the box score last week

Users who are viewing this thread