What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Tigers vs Yankees ALCS Thread*** (1 Viewer)

so CC has to pitch game 3 on 3 days rest vs Verlander?
I don't even care. No Yankee fan should ever have this attitude, but the rest of this season is gravy.Hopefully the team feels that way too. Maybe they'll play loose and wake up the bats a bit.

Yanks only shot is to win the first two, punt game 3 against Verlander (who they occasionally hit but won't in Detroit cold) and roll with CC game 4 to get a 3-1 lead and hopefully win one of the next 2. CC-Verlander Game 7 would be insane.

All that said, Detroit in 5.

Yanks are throughly fried, they split in NY, and don't get out of Detroit.

I know most fans try to do the reverse jinx - but seriously - as a Tiger fan, I feel pretty confident. I'll be really disappointed if we don't win this series.

Our starting pitching is just better. The Tigers big downfall, though, could be the bullpen. If the Yanks work the pitchers and get high pitch counts (which they ALWAYS do), they can get to our bullpen early. That would be a huge problem.

I know most fans try to do the reverse jinx - but seriously - as a Tiger fan, I feel pretty confident. I'll be really disappointed if we don't win this series. Our starting pitching is just better. The Tigers big downfall, though, could be the bullpen. If the Yanks work the pitchers and get high pitch counts (which they ALWAYS do), they can get to our bullpen early. That would be a huge problem.
We gotta be creative and use Porcello in some spots. He could do a couple of 6-7-8 segments if NY gets the pitch count up on one of our guys.Hopefully Miggy explodes for this series ..maybe Prince, too. They were both rather quiet against Oakland (Prince getting robbed on some nice at-bats).

This thread needs to add a POLE.

Verlander should win his start, Yanks in 5. The tradition and payroll of the Yankees just too much.

Unless the Tigers get 4 complete games from its starters it'll be quick and painless for us Tiger fans. Yanks in 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread needs to add a POLE.Verlander should win his start, Yanks in 5. The tradition and payroll of the Yankees just too much.
:lmao:Our pessimism is legitimate, your attempts at reverse mush's defy logic. Don't even get me started on allowing a format where the lower seeds get a day off in advance of the higher seedYOU GET DAVID PHELPS OR DEREK LOWE IN GAME 2. Bill Gullickson or Paul Gibson could win that game.

Tigers have been the underdogs all year

Looked like the would lose the division to the Sox

Oakland looked like a bad match up, they crushed the A's on the road in game 5

I have been wrong on all my picks this year, picked Sox to win central, Picked A's to beat the Tigers, but this time I picking the Tigers to beat the Yanks in five and here is why

Jim Leyland give him a underdog cape he's earned it, everyone takes about JV & miggy, but smoken Jim is the man

Here's to breaking my losing streak :excited:

GOOD LUCK TIGERS

Tigers have been the underdogs all yearLooked like the would lose the division to the SoxOakland looked like a bad match up, they crushed the A's on the road in game 5I have been wrong on all my picks this year, picked Sox to win central, Picked A's to beat the Tigers, but this time I picking the Tigers to beat the Yanks in five and here is whyJim Leyland give him a underdog cape he's earned it, everyone takes about JV & miggy, but smoken Jim is the manHere's to breaking my losing streak :excited: GOOD LUCK TIGERS
Tigers were overwhelming favorites to win the division this year

No nooney on the roster. Looks like phelps in game 2. JEEZE. At least the giants Are on then.

I will say this, after a long and winding road, I am just happy to be here. It would have been great to have possibly gotten 3 starts out of CC but you play the hand you're dealt.

Let's see what Happens, good luck doc and all you Detroit clowns. I will actively try to not melt down and call your city a post industrial hell hole this year.

'Smack Tripper said:
'Doctor Detroit said:

Verlander should win his start, Yanks in 5. The tradition and payroll of the Yankees just too much.
:lmao: Our pessimism is legitimate, your attempts at reverse mush's defy logic.

Don't even get me started on allowing a format where the lower seeds get a day off in advance of the higher seed

YOU GET DAVID PHELPS OR DEREK LOWE IN GAME 2. Bill Gullickson or Paul Gibson could win that game.
The format does suck. Pretty good match up overall, but the Tigers having four very solid starters have a definite advantage there. A CC-Verlander game 7 would be pretty awesome. Tigers rotation is pretty well set. Fister-Sanchez-Verlander-Scherzer-Fister-Sanchez-Verlander

BTW, Delmon Young is 11-for-19 off Pettitte.

ETA: Pettitte in Game 1...Kuroda in game 2.....Hughes in Game 3 and CC in game 4

'Smack Tripper said:
'Doctor Detroit said:

Don't even get me started on allowing a format where the lower seeds get a day off in advance of the higher seed

YOU GET DAVID PHELPS OR DEREK LOWE IN GAME 2. Bill Gullickson or Paul Gibson could win that game.
The format does suck. Pretty good match up overall, but the Tigers having four very solid starters have a definite advantage there. A CC-Verlander game 7 would be pretty awesome. Tigers rotation is pretty well set. Fister-Sanchez-Verlander-Scherzer-Fister-Sanchez-Verlander

ETA: Pettitte in Game 1...Kuroda in game 2.....Hughes in Game 3 and CC in game 4
Unless you heard different, i think it will be phelps in game 2. Roki has never gone on short rest, Japanese guys usually have long rest. They Seem to have been trying to get him more rest not less. I'll take him rested in game 3, he gives you a punchers chance against verlander

I don't like gardner on the roster if he can't play. Swish has a one game leash with me. Grandy bought himself two games. If gardy can't play, roster Dickerson. I guarantee he can match swish's production.

I don't like gardner on the roster if he can't play. Swish has a one game leash with me. Grandy bought himself two games. If gardy can't play, roster Dickerson. I guarantee he can match swish's production.
So all the Tigers starters are righties.What will Girardi do about ARod? Will he start Chavez half the time or something?

So all the Tigers starters are righties.What will Girardi do about ARod? Will he start Chavez half the time or something?
You start him against fister and Sanchez and hopefully playin home you turn the page and he gives you something. At least. Chavy didn't force the issue. If he looks as bad as he's looked, you sit him game 3 vs JV and then see where you stand. If you're down 2-1 as I expect, you play chavy to win. If you're up 2-1 you can go back to him. And the other x factor is, the third best ABs top to bottom in th Alda were fromNix. He's got a slider speed bat, but he can drive the ball to right. Mayb you give him a game at 3rd at the stadium.Forgive the typos written on an iPhone while driving!

'Smack Tripper said:
'Doctor Detroit said:

Unless you heard different, i think it will be phelps in game 2. Roki has never gone on short rest, Japanese guys usually have long rest. They Seem to have been trying to get him more rest not less. I'll take him rested in game 3, he gives you a punchers chance against verlander
http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8498288/mlb-playoffs-2012-new-york-yankees-hiroki-kuroda-start-alcs-game-2-short-rest

1. Derek Jeter - SS2. Ichiro Suzuki - LF3. Robinson Cano – 2B4. Mark Teixeira – 1B5. Raul Ibanez -- DH6. Alex Rodriguez – 3B7. Nick Swisher - RF8. Curtis Granderson - CF9. Russell Martin - C

The Yankees added reliever Cody Eppley to their active roster for the AL championship series against Detroit and dropped infielder Eduardo Nunez.Detroit did not make any changes to its 25-man roster for the best-of-seven series. Teams had until 10 a.m. Saturday to submit their rosters.Adding Eppley gives the Yankees 12 pitchers for the series. The 27-year-old right-hander was 1-2 with a 3.33 ERA in 46 innings over 59 relief appearances.Nunez was 1 for 5 in the five-game division series win over Baltimore, starting Game 2 as the designated hitter and coming into two other games off the bench.Detroit is carrying 11 pitchers.YANKEES ALCS ROSTER:24 Robinson Cano. . INF62 Joba Chamberlain. . RHP12 Eric Chavez. . INF38 Cody Eppley. . RHP11 Brett Gardner. . OF28 Joe Girardi. . Manager14 Curtis Granderson. . OF57 Mike Harkey. . Bullpen Coach65 Phil Hughes. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .RHP27 Raul Ibanez. . DH/OF2 Derek Jeter. . INF50 Mick Kelleher. . 1B Coach18 Hiroki Kuroda. . RHP48 Boone Logan. LHP54 Kevin Long. Hitting Coach34 Derek Lowe. . RHP55 Russell Martin. . C17 Jayson Nix. . INF56 Tony Pena. . Bench Coach46 Andy Pettitte. . LHP41 David Phelps. RHP39 Clay Rapada. . LHP30 David Robertson. . RHP13 Alex Rodriguez. . INF58 Larry Rothschild. . Pitching Coach52 CC Sabathia. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .LHP29 Rafael Soriano. . RHP19 Chris Stewart. C31 Ichiro Suzuki. . OF33 Nick Swisher. . OF/1B25 Mark Teixeira. INF59 Rob Thomson. . 3B Coach

'Smack Tripper said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
This thread needs to add a POLE.Verlander should win his start, Yanks in 5. The tradition and payroll of the Yankees just too much.
:lmao:Our pessimism is legitimate, your attempts at reverse mush's defy logic. Don't even get me started on allowing a format where the lower seeds get a day off in advance of the higher seedYOU GET DAVID PHELPS OR DEREK LOWE IN GAME 2. Bill Gullickson or Paul Gibson could win that game.
Honestly if the Tigers win tonight, they win the series. Yanks have a much better bullpen, better hitting and homefield. The reason the Yankees didn't get a day off was the scheduling and the reason the 2/3 series teams had an extra day was because they would theoretically have to travel to the #1 seed in between series. You have nothing to complain about, all the scheduling was terrible this year but next year it will be back to normal.

'Smack Tripper said:
'Doctor Detroit said:
Honestly if the Tigers win tonight, they win the series. Yanks have a much better bullpen, better hitting and homefield. The reason the Yankees didn't get a day off was the scheduling and the reason the 2/3 series teams had an extra day was because they would theoretically have to travel to the #1 seed in between series. You have nothing to complain about, all the scheduling was terrible this year but next year it will be back to normal.
if the yanks won game 4 this wouldnt be an issue. they only have themselves to blame

I see a rocking chair kinda night from Andy. Something like four hits scattered over 8.

Users who are viewing this thread