What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tito to the Tribe (1 Viewer)

You know Tito was a good Manager when the EEI fanbase wasn't calling for his head after the 2011 season. I'm happy he is doing well with the Tribe.

You guys are cute. Do the same thing the f'in Cubs were able to accomplish, and start chest pounding about it?

:1948:

Even as the biggest White Sux hater in the entire world, I have to agree with Limpy here. A sweep of Chicago this year is expected, not some sort of accomplishment.

Also as bad as the White Sox are, they are still averaging more than 4k more fans per home game than the Indians are. I'm sure Wadegarret can find some defense for this though. :bye:

Last edited by a moderator:
Even as the biggest White Sux hater in the entire world, I have to agree with Limpy here. A sweep of Chicago this year is expected, not some sort of accomplishment.

Also as bad as the White Sox are, they are still averaging more than 4k more fans per home game than the Indians are. I'm sure Wadegarret can find some defense for this though. :bye:
With a city that has more than 4x the population of Cleveland, you'd think the White Sox would draw better than 23k per game.

Not sure why Cleveland's attendance figures get under your skin so badly but keep hammering away GB! :lmao: :lmao:

With a city that has more than 4x the population of Cleveland, you'd think the White Sox would draw better than 23k per game.

Not sure why Cleveland's attendance figures get under your skin so badly but keep hammering away GB! :lmao: :lmao:
That's fair, I'll dumb it down to your level so you can understand something for once.

Baseball markets smaller than Cleveland:

St Louis

Pittsburgh

Milwaukee

San Diego

Denver

Baltimore

Kansas City

Cincinnati

Of those, here are the teams that are drawing less fans to watch their games:

:bye:

wadegarrett said:

That's fair, I'll dumb it down to your level so you can understand something for once.

St Louis

Pittsburgh

Milwaukee

San Diego

Denver

Baltimore

Kansas City

Cincinnati

I heard they STILL kept the $10 seats closed last night. I'm not sure, just what I heard, but if true that's ridic.

Another note...my wife went to the box office yesterday morning to grab two tickets. I had to work during the game last night, so she was going to take the boy to the game. He had earned a bunch of High Achievers ticket vouchers this season for reading or whatever and yesterday's game was clearly one of the games where you could use them (it is rather limited on the nights you can use these vouchers). The voucher was good for Mezz seats or Uppers behind home plate, whatever those are called (upper reserved?). The ticket office refused to honor the voucher for the Mezz seats essentially because they wanted to sell those at full price to walk ups. My wife reluctantly settled on the uppers.

My point is, there are other factors at hand here than the fans just not coming to the park. The Browns pulled in 250 less people on Saturday for a practice at the stadium than the Tribe pulled last night. Granted the practice was free, but it was practice, not even a scrimmage. The Tribe FO needs to take a long look in the mirror.

wadegarrett said:

St Louis

Pittsburgh

Milwaukee

San Diego

Denver

Baltimore

Kansas City

Cincinnati

I heard they STILL kept the $10 seats closed last night. I'm not sure, just what I heard, but if true that's ridic.

Another note...my wife went to the box office yesterday morning to grab two tickets. I had to work during the game last night, so she was going to take the boy to the game. He had earned a bunch of High Achievers ticket vouchers this season for reading or whatever and yesterday's game was clearly one of the games where you could use them (it is rather limited on the nights you can use these vouchers). The voucher was good for Mezz seats or Uppers behind home plate, whatever those are called (upper reserved?). The ticket office refused to honor the voucher for the Mezz seats essentially because they wanted to sell those at full price to walk ups. My wife reluctantly settled on the uppers.

My point is, there are other factors at hand here than the fans just not coming to the park. The Browns pulled in 250 less people on Saturday for a practice at the stadium than the Tribe pulled last night. Granted the practice was free, but it was practice, not even a scrimmage. The Tribe FO needs to take a long look in the mirror.
Just be glad we have concerned Tiger fans like DD to help out our attendance problems. :thumbup:

Tom Servo said:
Bobcat10 said:
wadegarrett said:
Doctor Detroit said:
wadegarrett said:

St Louis

Pittsburgh

Milwaukee

San Diego

Denver

Baltimore

Kansas City

Cincinnati

Just be glad we have concerned Tiger fans like DD to help out our attendance problems. :thumbup:
I don't really care, DD has been concerned for years on that issue so now it's just fun for him.

I'm just pointing out reasons why the ownership has alienated people like me and those just come from yesterday....we all know the list is way longer than that and includes things besides "policy". I'll go down to the park a few times a year but not as much as I used to. I was going to post this in the Tribe thread before I saw this discussion in here and thought it fit. Both examples are complete bull####.

I hear ya, Bobcat.

I can't honestly tell you the last time I was there for an actual game. The last two times I've been to Progressive Field is to take batting practice from Len Barker 3 years ago and Tribe Fest back in January. I live in western PA with a wife and two kids that aren't all that interested in baseball. If I want to go, I have to do it by myself and that sucks; I did that in my 20s going to Orioles games on 33rd Street.

I understand why they have the ticket pricing the way they do; I just don't think it works that well for baseball. IMO, the average baseball fan does not understand why a Tuesday game in May against the Astros is cheaper than a weekend game against the Angels in August. I think that type of pricing works better in college football where you pretty much know that a game against Ohio State or Penn State should be worth more than one against Indiana or Purdue. For MLB, there's too many games and too much variability from year to year on teams competitiveness (e.g., would you pay top dollar to see a last place Yankee team? I wouldn't; if I'm forced to pay top dollar for ducats, that team better be a serious contender). Plus, with the ability to go up I-90 to see the Captains, I think it's a cheaper entertainment option...plus you get to see and meet some of the future Indians.

I have always liked Tito, but him letting Salazar face Miggy was :lmao:

He's just like any other manager I guess, prone to stupidity. I don't want to hear how he struck Cabrera out the first three times either, this is Miguel ####### Cabrera, the best hitter of your lifetime.

He's just like any other manager I guess, prone to stupidity. I don't want to hear how he struck Cabrera out the first three times either, this is Miguel ####### Cabrera, the best hitter of your lifetime.
this.

No way you let Miggy get a 4th look at the guy when the game is on the line.

this.

Are you expecting some Tribe fan to disagree? I'm not. :shrug:

this.

He'd hear about it either way. I'm sure some of the same people complaining about Salazar complained about not leaving Kluber in for the SHO.

this.

He'd hear about it either way. I'm sure some of the same people complaining about Salazar complained about not leaving Kluber in for the SHO.
Probably shouldn't have let him come back for the 8th at all.

It's not like our bullpen has been lights out this year anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread