What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Radar Watch '04 (1 Viewer)

cracKer

Shawn Culcasi
Like with offense, IDP success is based on opportunity. What do Keith Bulluck/Eric Barton in '02 and Andra Davis/David Thornton in '03 have in common? For each, their breakout year was the first year in which they were full-time starters. If you follow IDP, these guys were probably on your close watch lists in the first place (or on rosters in larger leagues), but it took a starter moving on/retiring before their potential was exposed. While we can look at lists of UFA/RFA to try and determine where the opportunity will open up this year, we won't know for certain until the cards start falling into place (i.e. Mike Peterson rumored to be on his way out of Indy last year and the mad rush to grab Thornton). What we can do is peg the talent so we're able to add these guys in larger leagues, or be ready to add them once positive news comes out regarding their situation. I won't even claim to know everything, and I'll leave a lot of the player evaluation up to those of you who watched these guys in college or were closer to their respective NFL teams, but here's a short list of '03 non-starters who I feel should be on your radar.

DL

Ryan Denney, BUF

Chris Kelsay, BUF

Jarvis Green, NE

Brett Keisel, PIT

Rodney Bailey, PIT

Anton Palepoi, SEA

Andrew Williams, SF

DeWayne White, TB

Kalimba Edwards, DET

Michael Haynes, CHI

Jerome McDougle, PHI

Derrick Burgess, PHI

Jamaal Green, PHI

William Joseph, NYG

Osi Umenyiora, NYG

LB

Victor Hobson, NYJ

Kenyatta Wright, NYJ

Eddie Moore, MIA

Tommy Hendricks, MIA

Chaun Thompson, CLE

Clark Haggans, PIT

Alonzo Jackson, PIT

Antwan Peek, HOU

Gary Brackett, IND

Brad Kassell, TEN

Terry Pierce, DEN

JaShon Sykes, DEN

Kawika Mitchell, KC

Travian Smith, OAK

Tim Johnson, OAK

D.D.Lewis, SEA

Orlando Huff, SEA

Jamie Winborn, SF

Saleem Rasheed, SF

LeVar Woods, ARI

Gerald Hayes, ARI

Cie Grant, NO

James Allen, NO

Brian Allen, CAR

Will Overstreet, ATL

E.J.Henderson, MIN

Raonall Smith, MIN

Nick Rogers, MIN

Nick Greisen, NYG

Bradie James, DAL

DB

Troy Polamalu, PIT

Terrence McGee, BUF

Arturo Freeman, MIA

Coy Wire, BUF

Michael Jameson, CLE

Chris Crocker, CLE

Andre Woolfolk, TEN

Terreal Bierria, SEA

Dwaine Carpenter, SF

John Keith, SF

Mel Mitchell, NO

Willie Offord, MIN

Bobby Gray, CHI

Todd Johnson, CHI

Clinton Hart, PHI

Norman LeJeune, PHI

Pete Hunter, DAL

Jermaine Phillips/John Howell, TB

Sam Brandon/Nick Ferguson, DEN

Jon McGraw/Jamie Henderson, NYJ

Some big names, some not so big, but most of these are guys that I believe may succeed if the opportunity arises.

Please add. Please discuss.

DL

Ryan Denney, BUF

Chris Kelsay, BUF

DB

Terrence McGee, BUF

Coy Wire, BUF
I'll give my opinions on the Bills players you mentioned:I'm pretty sure Ryan Denney started every game for the Bills this year, but as far as I could tell he did next to nothing with the opportunity. I think the Bills will definitely look to upgrade the DE position opposite Schobel because they often had to rely on the blitz to generate pressure on opposing QBs. Chris Kelsay started to get worked into the rotation more and more as the season progressed so I'd expect him to get a good chance to win the job if a big name FA or rookie isn't brought in. I believe he drew some comparisons to Grant Wistrom coming out of college - not the most athletic player, but has a great motor and could become a productive starter. If you have to pick one of the two, Kelsay definitely is the one to choose as he has much more upside at this point, IMO. Personally, I'm hoping the Bills can grab a DE like Will Smith in the draft to plug in as a starter from day 1.

At DB, Antoine Winfield is a free agent, and it's possible the Bills will let him walk. If they don't bring in a higher profile player to replace him, then Terrence McGee will likely become the starter. He played well as a nickel back down the stretch this year and showed some playmaking ability on a defense desperate for takeaways. QBs seemed to avoid throwing at Clements' side this year, so I'd expect whoever starts at the opposite CB spot to get tested frequently. Winfield is one of the best tacklers pound for pound in the league and he often matched up against the slot WR which put him in great position to add to his tackle numbers. Don't expect McGee to put up similar tackle #s to Winfield, but he could be a nice young sleeper if he gets the starting job.

As for Coy Wire , I don't think even the Bills coaches really know what to do with him at this point. Once the Bills brought in Lawyer Milloy, Wire's development as a safety was put on hold and he became an excellent special teams player. The Bills were never happy with Prioleau or Reese at FS and Donahoe has mentioned wanting to try Wire at the FS position next year. I assume they'll also look to bring in a FS through FA or the draft, so he might be headed for a training camp battle for the spot. I don't think he's particularly well suited to play FS, but he is a solid tackler and good blitzer so he might put up some decent fantasy numbers if he ends up starting. I think his best chance at becoming an impact fantasy player is if Milloy goes down or moves on after another year or two.

The only other IDP on the Bills that might be worth keeping an eye on is LB Angelo Crowell, who was a 3rd round pick in 2003. He's the brother of former Lions WR Germane Crowell and could be a nice pickup if Spikes or Fletcher get injured.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Aaron. Great start :thumbup: I didn't know what to do with Denney and Kelsay, and I probably should've just left them both off of the list (maybe not Kelsay) as I think we all expect the Bills to do something along the d-line through the draft/free-agency. Coy Wire's situation has been discussed and I put him in here because of the FS possibility.Long term, do you see his future back at strong safety? Lawyer Milloy is 30 and it looks like he's signed through 2006 at $1 million per season. Wire is 25 and signed through 2005 at less than a half million per.

how about Bryan Scott?

EDIT - nevermind, LOL...i just saw where u were only listing non-starters

Keep an eye on Terrence Holt in Detroit. The nickname "Big Play" might be a family trait and not exclusive to only Torry.

Long term, do you see his future back at strong safety? Lawyer Milloy is 30 and it looks like he's signed through 2006 at $1 million per season. Wire is 25 and signed through 2005 at less than a half million per.
I definitely think Coy Wire is best suited for SS, but I think he's talented enough that he could potentially be adequate at FS. Initially, the best NFL-player comparison for him was Adam Archuleta because they both played LB in college and moved to safety. Initially, he was going to be the Blaine Bishop-type of SS for Gregg Williams, and often be used as an 8th man in the box to support the run and rush the passer occasionally. I think he would have been good at that, and I had him projected for a big year befoe Milloy was signed. I just think all the position switching (LB to SS to FS) is going to stunt his development a little bit. Milloy signed a 4-year contract from what I remember, but I wouldn't be shocked if the Bills dumped his contract after 2 more years and made a commitment with Wire at that point if he continues to develop and get better. I think right now, Wire is clearly their 2nd best safety and starting him (even if out of position) gives them the best chance to get their best 11 players on the field. Either way, he's great depth to have behind Milloy plus he is learning how to play the position from a great professional, and at a minimum he should be a special teams demon for the next couple years.

how about Bryan Scott?

EDIT - nevermind, LOL...i just saw where u were only listing non-starters
Yep, I figured we'd start with guys who either didn't see the field much or didn't do much when they did (like Denney).

Okay .... Limited reply here...

Kalimba Edwards, DET he was injured his rookie season and showed alot of potential. I see him as a DE/LB blitz player - fast with nice moves, but not the needed size/strength of an every down DE.

J Jerome McDougle, PHI Philly moved up in the draft for a reason besides their glaring need at D-Line (with the loss of an aged H Douglas - which appears to have been the right move). This kid has alot of long term potential and has the right Def scheme with J Johnson to take advantage of him. The only problem is Philly has several DL who they want to evaluate and develop.

Will Overstreet, ATL With the emergence of C Draft and the solid play of K Brooking, Overstreet is often lost in the scheme of things. He was hurt (seriously?) in 2002 and needed to prove he could return in 2003. Atl had enough other problems that he was not given the full opportunity. With the potential of Atl going to a 3-4 Def scheme, Overstreet has alot more value as a IDP starter.

Well, any more I add will just smell up the place!

Orlando Huff, SEA
I am interested to see Huff on the list. Prior to this past season I had my eye on Huff as a good play. However, the Hawks bought in someone else (name escapes me) and Huff never got the opportunity. I think I saw his name pop up with a couple of stats late in the season :confused: I would be interested to know what has changed from before this season that would have him on this list again. I had written him off, but seeing him on cracker's list has me intrigued again.

I would be interested to know what has changed from before this season that would have him on this list again. I had written him off, but seeing him on cracker's list has me intrigued again.
Randall Godfrey is the guy that Seattle signed, making Huff useless last year. Godfrey is still around, but he'll be 31 soon and hasn't played a full season since 2000. I think that Huff is still young enough (25) to work on his deficiencies and step in if/when Godfrey is not available.

We're all familiar with the common wisdom of how long it takes to fully rehab from ligament damage for RBs. How does this 'rule of thumb' relate to IDPs? Is it essentially the same, or not?Travian Smith and Mel Mitchell are the two names that popped out at me from the original list that make me wonder about this.

Randall Godfrey is the guy that Seattle signed, making Huff useless last year. Godfrey is still around, but he'll be 31 soon and hasn't played a full season since 2000. I think that Huff is still young enough (25) to work on his deficiencies and step in if/when Godfrey is not available.
Interesting, thanks cracker.Is Ian Gold worth putting on this list? His injury early in the season might have him off people's radar. before that though is was top 15 in my leagues scoring system.

We're all familiar with the common wisdom of how long it takes to fully rehab from ligament damage for RBs. How does this 'rule of thumb' relate to IDPs? Is it essentially the same, or not?Travian Smith and Mel Mitchell are the two names that popped out at me from the original list that make me wonder about this.
Honestly, I think that defensive players come back faster and are usually able to play the following year after an injury. How successful is yet to be seen.I don't have too many examples, but the two that pop-up in my head are Shawn Barber and Rod Woodson. Both came back the year after tearing their ACL's (I believe this is correct, but don't kill me if I'm not)I'm not sure what to expect from Smith and Mitchell right now. Smith will be 29 when the '04 season starts and there's a reason that he only started 5 games in 5 seasons before '03. He is one of the big "opportunity" guys that I was talking about. Let's wait and see what moves the Raiders make in regards to their linebacking corp, then we'll know what their thoughts are on Smith and his future as a starter in Oakland. Mitchell on the other hand is a youngster. If he comes back healthy I expect him to push for the starting job. I think that Jay Bellamy is an UFA, so once again we can see how much faith the Saints have in him by the moves that they make in regards to the position.

Is Ian Gold worth putting on this list? His injury early in the season might have him off people's radar. before that though is was top 15 in my leagues scoring system.
Isn't Gold an UFA? Bad timing for a torn ACL. He's a "well-known" budding star who should not be flying below too many radars and I see him coming back fine from his injury, continuing his rise to stardom. I don't think that the Broncos will let him get away.

Terry Pierce, DEN
Latest from TSN:The jury is still out on MLB Terry Pierce, a second-round pick last year. He was inactive for the first six games, played in three, but then was placed on injured reserve with a torn pectoral muscle. He's a big hitter, attacks well and has good lateral movement, but his pass-coverage skills remain suspect. If the team loses Wilson, Pierce might be pressed into service before he's ready

Will Overstreet, ATL With the emergence of S Draft and the solid play of K Brooking, Overstreet is often lost in the scheme of things. He was hurt (seriously?) in 2002 and needed to prove he could return in 2003. Atl had enough other problems that he was not given the full opportunity. With the potential of Atl going to a 3-4 Def scheme, Overstreet has alot more value as a IDP starter.
Overstreet's chronic shoulder injuries may prevent him from ever being a real factor, but he's definitely got potential as long as he's on the Falcons roster as an OLB in their 3-4.

I don't have too many examples, but the two that pop-up in my head are Shawn Barber and Rod Woodson. Both came back the year after tearing their ACL's (I believe this is correct, but don't kill me if I'm not)
Jeremiah Trotter didn't miss a beat either. :thumbup:

Here's a name that I didn't mention.

"Big Play" Terrence Holt?

If the team drafts University of Miami S Sean Taylor in the first round, it could put the squeeze on SS Brian Walker, who has three years left on his contract. Terrence Holt, who finished strong as a rookie, is expected to start at free safety. Taylor is an ideal fit on the strong side. Walker, 31, is not well-suited for a backup role because he isn't a strong special teams player; he could end up being released. CB Otis Smith, 38, likely will get an offer to return for another season because the team believes he still can be effective. He brings experience to a young unit. TSN

DeWayne White, TB
Rookie LE Dewayne White came on strong at the end of the season. With a better understanding of the team's scheme, White should become a better playmaker next season and again should punish ball carriers the way he did in college. That is good news for the Bucs, considering LE Greg Spires, the incumbent starter, is coming off shoulder surgery and likely won't be ready to join contact drills until training camp. The team might rely more on White next season than it initially planned. TSN

Alonzo Jackson, PIT
OLB Alonzo Jackson, the team's second-round pick in 2003, likely will start in 2004, replacing Jason Gildon, who likely will be let go. Gildon had his lowest sack totals in nearly six years and has lost his quick first step. With his pass-rush ability, quickness and long arms, Jackson could flourish in new coordinator **** LeBeau's system. TSN

Tyler Brayton, OAK

DE Tyler Brayton, a 2003 first-round pick, struggled early in the season after the Raiders moved him from the left side to the right, but he got better as the year progressed and developed into perhaps the team's most reliable lineman. He should get even better next season as he settles into his role and learns a few go-to moves. TSN

another name to keep in mind:

DB Chris Cash, Detroit

He had 79 solo tackles as a rookie in 2002, but missed 2003 due to a knee injury. Not sure if he'll get the starting CB job back or not, but he could see a lot of action if teams throw away from Dre Bly.

another name to keep in mind:

DB Chris Cash, Detroit

He had 79 solo tackles as a rookie in 2002, but missed 2003 due to a knee injury. Not sure if he'll get the starting CB job back or not, but he could see a lot of action if teams throw away from Dre Bly.
A name to keep in mind in conjuction with Cash is Andre Goodman. Goodman was also a 2002 rookie who missed all of 2003 with an injury. Cash was the starter in 2002, but Goodman was a higher pick and is considered to have more long-run potential.Whichever one of these two wins the starting job opposite Bly will be picked on severely and should have good tackle #s.

DL

Osi Umenyiora, NYG
anyone who watched the Giants play this year think this guy is ready for a starting job next year? With Kenny Holmes a pending FA, is Umenyiora the likely candidate to start opposite Strahan in 2004?any insights or evaluations would be appreciated.

another player to think about:

Adalius Thomas, BAL - He's a free agent this summer. He was listed as a DL on MFL even though I believe he started for the Ravens at OLB. He also made the Pro Bowl as a special teams player so he clearly doesn't lack in athleticism. If he signs elsewhere, he could wind up with a better opportunity for more playing time. Plus, if he leaves, that means a lot more opportunity for Terrell Suggs, as noted below:

"Bringing back Thomas won’t be that easy. Thomas should attract some attention on the open market, because he’s a 260-pound player that has quickness, straight line speed, a long wingspan, and the ability to drop into coverage. Plus, he is versatile enough to line up at three positions: DE, DT and OLB.

However, although Thomas’ versatility is his greatest strength, it could also prove to be a weakness when teams look to make him a permanent starter at a certain position.

If one of these teams decides that Thomas is a good enough player to command a deal worth $3 million per year or more, than it’s doubtful that the Ravens would come close to matching that offer. The Ravens want Thomas back, but at a reasonable price.

If Thomas leaves, the team will have to hope that defensive rookie of the year Terrell Suggs can assimilate his position as the full-time outside backer. Suggs’ strength is getting after the quarterback—he led the team in sacks last year. Although he lacks tremendous speed, Suggs is quick off the snap, has nice power and moves to keeping offensive tackles off balance. Still, Suggs has shown almost no ability to drop into coverage, and he’s inconsistent against the run."
RavensInsider LINKThomas seems like the kind of player that will attract some serious interest on the FA market. Anyone know how MFL determines position eligibility? If he remains listed as a DL while lining up at LB, I think he could be a pretty valuable player. If he ends up playing solely at SLB though, I probably wouldn't get too excited about his fantasy potential.

Any thoughts on him?

Kawika Mitchell, KC
Last year's No. 2 pick, MLB Kawika Mitchell, didn't play well after being forced into the lineup at midseason because of a knee injury to Mike Maslowski. Mitchell didn't play much against top-caliber competition at South Florida, and it showed, but it's much too early to give up on him. Mitchell has plenty of ability and should develop into a productive player. TSN

Hanik Milligan, SD

The team was intrigued with SS Hanik Milligan during training camp, but a torn pectoral muscle landed him on injured reserve. It will be interesting to see how Milligan fits into the team's plans because fellow rookie Terrence Kiel played well as a late-season starter. Coach Marty Schottenheimer could switch one of them to free safety. Kiel has better ball skills, but Milligan might have better range. TSN

Lamont Thompson, TEN

By playing well as the nickel back down the stretch, S Lamont Thompson put himself in the team's plans for 2004. Thompson is big enough (220 pounds) to play in run support and quick enough to match up against slot receivers. He also could play free safety down the road. FS Lance Schulters will have shoulder surgery and has a big cap figure. TSN

I was real high on Thompson coming out of college. He looked like a tremendous playmaker at Washington State and may one of those guys that just took a couple of years to "get it" after being a bust through his first two years.

Tony Dixon, DAL

SS Tony Dixon impressed the coaches with his performance on special teams. But this offseason will be spent trying to figure out if he's good enough to eventually replace Darren Woodson, a 12-year veteran who's nearing the end of his career. Dixon is a big hitter, but sometimes he's a little stiff with his tackling, and his coverage skills aren't that all that strong. But Dixon is an intelligent player who doesn't make a lot of mental mistakes. TSN

Corey Smith, TB

DE Corey Smith will be a player to watch in training camp. He has great burst and quickness, and he punishes quarterbacks with his sacks. Smith will refine his skills in NFL Europe this spring; if he stays healthy, he could push Greg Spires and Dewayne White for time at left end. TSN

Solomon Bates, SEA

Middle linebacker has been a revolving door; the team has used six starters in five seasons. Solomon Bates could be No. 7. He's a big hitter with speed and range, but he needs experience. He'll have to improve at reading and reacting on running plays. TSN

DL

Chris Kelsay, BUF

DB

Terrence McGee, BUF
With free-agent CB Antoine Winfield's return in doubt, this an important offseason for Terrence McGee, who became the No. 3 corner. McGee (5-9) doesn't have ideal size but has ball skills and recovery speed. He needs work on technique and instincts, but the potential is there. The team will look at DE Chris Kelsay, a second-round pick who didn't play much. He's quick enough to be a good pass rusher but must add strength to be stouter against the run. With a strong offseason, he could become a starter. TSN

LB

Antwan Peek, HOU
ROLB Antwan Peek showed promise as a pass rusher during the preseason and in limited playing time during the regular season, but injuries limited his time on the field. If Peek isn't good enough to start, the position remains a major need. If his strength and technique catch up with his speed and athletic ability, Peek could be the answer. TSN

Alonzo Jackson, PIT
OLB Alonzo Jackson, the team's second-round pick in 2003, likely will start in 2004, replacing Jason Gildon, who likely will be let go. Gildon had his lowest sack totals in nearly six years and has lost his quick first step. With his pass-rush ability, quickness and long arms, Jackson could flourish in new coordinator **** LeBeau's system. TSN
One big objective is to get OLB Alonzo Jackson ready for 2004. Jackson, the team's No. 2 pick in '03, will be groomed to replace Jason Gildon on the left side. Jackson is a pass-rush specialist who uses his long arms to get to the quarterback. The team needs him to get more comfortable playing against the run and dropping into pass coverage. If the team does not re-sign backup OLB Clark Haggans, an unrestricted free agent, Jackson must enter camp prepared to start. TSN

LB

Saleem Rasheed, SF
The team should offer a multiyear contract to OLB Julian Peterson, who's coming off his second consecutive Pro Bowl appearance. His versatility, athletic ability and leadership are unmatched on the defense. If Peterson signs elsewhere, his most likely replacement would be Saleem Rasheed. But Rasheed doesn't possess Peterson's pass-rushing ability. That could prompt the team to add depth at end in the draft. TSN

Solomon Bates, SEA

Middle linebacker has been a revolving door; the team has used six starters in five seasons. Solomon Bates could be No. 7. He's a big hitter with speed and range, but he needs experience. He'll have to improve at reading and reacting on running plays. TSN
wouldn't he have HUGE potential if he could become the starting MLB? He'll only be 24 years old when the season starts and i think he has great potential in a dynasty IDP league...that said, i've never seen him play and have no idea how great an athlete he is or how good his instincts are. But being a potential MLB, he's worth at least a look it seems

The 3 tackles he had in 2003 were perhaps not enough to really be able to judge him by.

How D,D, Lewis fit into the seattle mix?
i don't know, but in SEA's last game, he looked very impressive in a few games (9 tackles against DET, 7 tackles against NO, and 7 tackles against STL).I'd figure that either Simmons or Chad Brown will be injured every game like they always are :rolleyes: , so i think Lewis should see some playing time

Two names to add to the list:

Pittsburgh is obviously in need of a mix up in the secondary. Dwayne Washington will be gone and his spot will either be filled by Deshea Townsend or last year's 4th rounder, Ike Taylor.

Townsend is a bit on the short side, but has great one on one cover skills. He came in when Washington was benched and did a much better job. I compare him to ex-Steeler Willie Williams. Williams went to Seattle after a couple of good seasons as a Steeler and had a solid career as a Seahawk.

Taylor is only in his second year as a full time corner. He only moved to the position his senior year of college, but his athleticism is awesome & he played a lot at the end of the year. I'd like to see Chad Scott at safety & Taylor & Townsend at the corners.

Ronnie Heard, SF

S Ronnie Heard has played a lot as a backup, but his role could grow even more with the expected departure of starting FS Zack Bronson. Heard's coverage skills need work, but he once had three interceptions in a game in 2002. TSN

Another player to keep an eye in here is Dwaine Carpenter. A first year player in '03 (27 years old), he had nine solo tackles in the season finale.

DB

Bobby Gray, CHI
S Bobby Gray emerged as an intimidating hitter when he played as an injury replacement last season. He'll push SS Mike Green for a starting job. TSNThis could easily be a tidbit from last preseason, when either Gray or rookie Todd Johnson were rumored to be taking Mike Green's job.

DL

Kalimba Edwards, DET
RE Kalimba Edwards was bothered by a hernia problem last season, but even when he was close to 100 percent, he didn't show the pass-rushing prowess expected of him. The Lions believe Edwards needs more individualized training, and new defensive line coach Larry Brooks will spend more time with him. TSNIt'll be interesting to watch Edwards' weight this offseason. He had put on the needed pounds last year before the injury, but wasn't able to maintain the weight.

Lamont Thompson, TEN

By playing well as the nickel back down the stretch, S Lamont Thompson put himself in the team's plans for 2004. Thompson is big enough (220 pounds) to play in run support and quick enough to match up against slot receivers. He also could play free safety down the road. FS Lance Schulters will have shoulder surgery and has a big cap figure. TSN

I was real high on Thompson coming out of college. He looked like a tremendous playmaker at Washington State and may one of those guys that just took a couple of years to "get it" after being a bust through his first two years.
Titans | Thomson Re-Signed - from www.KFFL.comWed, 18 Feb 2004 07:34:34 -0800

The Tennessean reports the Tennessee Titans have re-signed S Lamont Thompson to a one-year deal worth $380,000.

LB

Eddie Moore, MIA
OLB Eddie Moore, a second-round pick in 2003, is coming off a difficult foot injury, but he must show the Dolphins were right for drafting him ahead of WRs Anquan Boldin and Tyrone Calico. Moore might not start, but he must show significant progress. TSN

Here's a name that I didn't mention.

"Big Play" Terrence Holt?

If the team drafts University of Miami S Sean Taylor in the first round, it could put the squeeze on SS Brian Walker, who has three years left on his contract. Terrence Holt, who finished strong as a rookie, is expected to start at free safety. Taylor is an ideal fit on the strong side. Walker, 31, is not well-suited for a backup role because he isn't a strong special teams player; he could end up being released. CB Otis Smith, 38, likely will get an offer to return for another season because the team believes he still can be effective. He brings experience to a young unit. TSN
Lions | Holt At Free Safety? - from www.KFFL.comSat, 28 Feb 2004 03:46:15 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions would like to start second-year S Terrence Holt at free safety in 2004.

Lions | Eyes on Taylor - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 04:03:01 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions have their eyes on Miami (Fla.) S Sean Taylor with their first-round draft choice (No. 6 overall) this year. "(Taylor) is a big, strong, physical player who has good coverage skills," Mariucci said. "Miami's going to have another good group drafted in the first round again."

I'll weigh in on the Bears.Bobby Gray is an excellent pick...a hard hitter with the size Green lacks. My bet is on him to be a Bears and ff starter.Watch the linebacking closely. We all know about Lance Briggs now....and if you don't, wake up! With Holdman likely cut soon, Joe Odom becomes a name of interest. I don't see Bryan Knight panning out.Haynes does not excite me much on the DL...still betting on Alex Brown to be the man. But I believe we can only hope Lovie can generate a pass rush out of the existing linemen.

Shouldn't Terrence Kiel be on this thread?
Kiel started seven games last year and is considered a starter/budding star heading into '04. After all of the pimpin' we did last year, and the success that he had, I don't think he'll be sneaking up on anyone. He was actually taken in the 14th round of a recent draft I was in (12th DB selected)

DB

Arturo Freeman, MIA
Dolphins | Freeman to Start? - from www.KFFL.comSat, 28 Feb 2004 20:26:09 -0800

The Palm Beach Post reports Miami Dolphins S Arturo Freeman is expected to step back into the starting lineup, as he's slated to replace recently released S Brock Marion.

Dolphins | Freeman Signs Two-year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Sat, 28 Feb 2004 20:25:09 -0800

The Palm Beach Post reports the Miami Dolphins have signed S Arturo Freeman to a two-year contract. Financial terms were undisclosed.

ROLB Antwan Peek showed promise as a pass rusher during the preseason and in limited playing time during the regular season, but injuries limited his time on the field. If Peek isn't good enough to start, the position remains a major need. If his strength and technique catch up with his speed and athletic ability, Peek could be the answer. TSN
Texans | Peek To Remain Starter? - from www.KFFL.comWed, 3 Mar 2004 23:17:48 -0800

Joseph Duarte, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans might be content to go into 2004 with LB Antwan Peek as their outside linebacker.

Users who are viewing this thread