What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody buying on Demarco Murray? (1 Viewer)

xenon

Footballguy
Haven't watched any Dallas football. With hte exception of week #1, he has absolutely underwhelmed and not justified his likely draft spot.

Anybody buying?

Gave up Marques Colston for him in a re-draft 1ppr league.

Last edited by a moderator:
The offensive line is a mess. I would pay low/mid RB2 price in PPR leagues. But I doubt that gets it done, considering his owners spent a 2nd round pick on him.

Had 3 better options at wr and no options at rb, so traded WR A. Brown for him in a PPR.

The oline is a mess, but he's a consistent RB2 option and still a ceiling of a RB1. Nobody to welch carries off him as long as he stays upright.

4 games into season and he has played the 1, 2, and no. 3 teams vs. the run. Nice playoff schedule.

Whenever topics like this get brought up, you need to look at who he's played, where he's currently ranked and his SOS. Yes, the OL is one big pile of ####, but it's fixable.

He's currently ranked 22nd (low-end RB2) in 1PPR, 8th in receptions. Romo has been hurried so often that he's had no choice but to check down to Murray frequently. This is where he holds the most value. Has who he's played up until this point effected his stats? Of course..

Week 1 vs. NYG (giving up the 17th most points to RBs) - 20/131/0 and 2/9/0

Week 2 vs. SEA (giving up the 29th most pints to RBS) - 12/44/0 and 4/31/0

Week 3 vs. TB (giving up the 21rst most points to RBS) - 13/38/1 and 3/17/0

Week 4 vs. CHI (giving up the 30th most points to RBS) - 11/24/0 and 9/59/0

Clearly, that's not the an optimal first quarter of games but most importantly, match ups.

His SOS..

BAL(13th), CAR(7th), NYG(17th), ATL(12th), PHI(22nd), CLE(11th), WAS(23rd), PHI(22nd), CIN(8th), PIT(20th), NO(1rst)

Look how much his schedule opens up compared to who he's faced thus far. IMO, he's a great buy-low candidate.

Whenever topics like this get brought up, you need to look at who he's played, where he's currently ranked and his SOS. Yes, the OL is one big pile of ####, but it's fixable.He's currently ranked 22nd (low-end RB2) in 1PPR, 8th in receptions. Romo has been hurried so often that he's had no choice but to check down to Murray frequently. This is where he holds the most value. Has who he's played up until this point effected his stats? Of course..Week 1 vs. NYG (giving up the 17th most points to RBs) - 20/131/0 and 2/9/0Week 2 vs. SEA (giving up the 29th most pints to RBS) - 12/44/0 and 4/31/0Week 3 vs. TB (giving up the 21rst most points to RBS) - 13/38/1 and 3/17/0Week 4 vs. CHI (giving up the 30th most points to RBS) - 11/24/0 and 9/59/0Clearly, that's not the an optimal first quarter of games but most importantly, match ups.His SOS..BAL(13th), CAR(7th), NYG(17th), ATL(12th), PHI(22nd), CLE(11th), WAS(23rd), PHI(22nd), CIN(8th), PIT(20th), NO(1rst)Look how much his schedule opens up compared to who he's faced thus far. IMO, he's a great buy-low candidate.
Damn. I didn't expect to have my mind changed on him...but I might throw a couple deals around. He looked really good against NYG in the opener, and I do trust his talent.

Moved him for Larry Fitzgerald in one league and Brandon Marshall in another.

I was THRILLED to get that kind of value for him.

In my PPR, he's put up solid (but not great numbers), so I'm not that bitter about his performance, since he's given me a solid 12-15 points per week, which is a number I'm ok with. I think he's a good buy-low candidate in PPR, especially given the teams he's played, since even in a down week, he's getting enough play in the receiving game to give you solid RB2-3 range points.

Moved him for Larry Fitzgerald in one league and Brandon Marshall in another. I was THRILLED to get that kind of value for him.
If I needed a WR, I would definitely take either of these deals. That's great value.

Buy him now. He will score and possibly have a great game vs Baltimores overrated run d. His value wont be any lower than it is now. BUY LOW

Had 3 better options at wr and no options at rb, so traded WR A. Brown for him in a PPR.The oline is a mess, but he's a consistent RB2 option and still a ceiling of a RB1. Nobody to welch carries off him as long as he stays upright.4 games into season and he has played the 1, 2, and no. 3 teams vs. the run. Nice playoff schedule.
Good points. Way too early to say he isnt' a RB1 type. He has faced some nasty run Ds.

Whenever topics like this get brought up, you need to look at who he's played, where he's currently ranked and his SOS. Yes, the OL is one big pile of ####, but it's fixable.He's currently ranked 22nd (low-end RB2) in 1PPR, 8th in receptions. Romo has been hurried so often that he's had no choice but to check down to Murray frequently. This is where he holds the most value. Has who he's played up until this point effected his stats? Of course..Week 1 vs. NYG (giving up the 17th most points to RBs) - 20/131/0 and 2/9/0Week 2 vs. SEA (giving up the 29th most pints to RBS) - 12/44/0 and 4/31/0Week 3 vs. TB (giving up the 21rst most points to RBS) - 13/38/1 and 3/17/0Week 4 vs. CHI (giving up the 30th most points to RBS) - 11/24/0 and 9/59/0Clearly, that's not the an optimal first quarter of games but most importantly, match ups.His SOS..BAL(13th), CAR(7th), NYG(17th), ATL(12th), PHI(22nd), CLE(11th), WAS(23rd), PHI(22nd), CIN(8th), PIT(20th), NO(1rst)Look how much his schedule opens up compared to who he's faced thus far. IMO, he's a great buy-low candidate.
Damn. I didn't expect to have my mind changed on him...but I might throw a couple deals around. He looked really good against NYG in the opener, and I do trust his talent.
I wish the guy ran as hard and fast at OU. He would have won a Heisman. He seems to have gotten faster. I think he is a definite hold for a few more weeks. Some softer run Ds coming up. Also it helps when Romo isn't throwing 5 ints and they are playing from behind.

I'm buying on him for sure. I wasn't crazy about him going into the season at his pricetag. I looked at his stats last season and he feasted on the weak defenses. This season he hasn't had the success but if you look at his opponents, he has played on poor rush defense (NYG) and three tough defenses in the Bucs, Seahawks, and Bears (ranked 1,2,3 respectively according to MFL). He had 16 PPR points against the Giants which is decent, but struggled running up against the cream of the crop rush defenses.

I like him at his current price because it is much lower than it was for a second year guy.

Going forward he his average defensive rank against is 19th best. No more top 5 defenses (he's already played most of them). He plays only three more Top 15 defenses. He gets the Saints turnstile in Week 16. Lot's to like here.

He was drafted as a low end RB1 and, at least in PPR, has performed like a low end RB1. A lot of people that didn't draft him think he has sucked worse than his statistical performance, but you won't get to trade with those people since they didn't draft him.

Overall, he's not a buy low unless you think he'll start performing like a mid RB1.

He was drafted as a low end RB1 and, at least in PPR, has performed like a low end RB1. A lot of people that didn't draft him think he has sucked worse than his statistical performance, but you won't get to trade with those people since they didn't draft him.Overall, he's not a buy low unless you think he'll start performing like a mid RB1.
He's actually performed like a low-end RB2 in 1PPR. As I stated, he's ranked 22nd in average PPG. Saying a RB is a RBx isn't subjective.

He was drafted as a low end RB1 and, at least in PPR, has performed like a low end RB1. A lot of people that didn't draft him think he has sucked worse than his statistical performance, but you won't get to trade with those people since they didn't draft him.Overall, he's not a buy low unless you think he'll start performing like a mid RB1.
He's actually performed like a low-end RB2 in 1PPR. As I stated, he's ranked 22nd in average PPG. Saying a RB is a RBx isn't subjective.
It is, depending on your choice to include or exclude early season outliers like Spiller, Kevin Smith, Andre Brown, and LeShoure.

It is, depending on your choice to include or exclude early season outliers like Spiller, Kevin Smith, Andre Brown, and LeShoure.
Good point. What Spiller has done isn't an outlier and he'll more than likely do it again. Brown is ranked below Murray in PPR.We can exclude Smith and Leshoure seeing as how they have split playing time. That still pegs Murray as a low-end RB2 sadly.

dallas offense stinks, their ppg is one of the worst and the oline also. I would only buy if it was dirt cheap. I don't care who they are playing, Dallas is not scoring on anybody

dallas offense stinks, their ppg is one of the worst and the oline also. I would only buy if it was dirt cheap. I don't care who they are playing, Dallas is not scoring on anybody
Well, they have played some tough defenses.....Romo just sucked last game.Love having a RB with no vulture or real change of pace and will never see 8 in a box...ever

I think you're jumping the gun a bit after 4 weeks of the Dallas offense. They did just fine against NY in week 1 and have faced some pretty good competition since. Now lets see how they come out of the bye week.Murray still has talent, doesn't share carries, and is on a potentially dynamic offense. Many Murray owners feel the same as you which is why guys like me have been able to get him on the cheap. I paid less than fifty cents on the dollar for Murray based on where he was drafted. Didn't have to give up any studs to get him.

So the fact that they've played the top 3 rush defenses and the defending Super Bowl champs has no bearing? It sure does to me. You are taking a very shallow approach to fantasy football if you don't think matchups matter.

Ive been trying to for a couple weeks now, havent gotten a trade accepted in 3 leagues. Hoping to this week because I have a feeling his buy low window is closing.

I got an offer for him in a PPR dynasty - I give Murray, I get Torrey Smith (with some other pieces thrown in). I desperately need WR help in this league, but I declined b/c I can't help but feel I can get more for him....

Had 3 better options at wr and no options at rb, so traded WR A. Brown for him in a PPR.The oline is a mess, but he's a consistent RB2 option and still a ceiling of a RB1. Nobody to welch carries off him as long as he stays upright.4 games into season and he has played the 1, 2, and no. 3 teams vs. the run. Nice playoff schedule.
The o-line is a mess. Murray is running well considering...So while his production is down, I don't think he's a risk to give up carries.As he faces weaker D's, his production should increase. And there is always a chance that the line play improves some as the season progresses. O-lines do jell, so the poor blocking may not be as static a condition as it appears right now.

Forgive me as I know this isn't on topic but would any of you handcuff him with Tanner or Jones at this point?
Hard to say. Certainly depends on bench size, but Id be inclined to say yes.With how RBs are at a premium this year, and backups typically even rostered, I find it surprising some of the biggest upside handcuffs - Pierce, Bryce Brown, Snelling - arent rostered in most leagues. I think Tanner/Jones are just a notch below that. Id personally rather have Tanner, but Jerry Jones fixation on Felix makes it a tougher choice.

In my league (PPR) the Murray owner also has Gore. I'm considering offering him Sproles and Hunter for Murray. I figure that if both RBs were to hit their ceiling, Murray would be higher. Will let you guys know if it works to help gauge value.

Just traded Larry Fitz and Hernandez for Murray and Antonio Brown. I had Julio and Dez at WR and Celek at TE but nothing at RB so I was fine with giving up Fitz to improve my team...plus I really like Antonio Brown.

For me I just feel like the Dallas offense is going to rebound after the bye. I don't really have any strong stats or logic to back it up (other than the SOS getting easier)...it's just a feeling. I can't see things staying the way they are any longer and so I've been buying Romo/Murray/Witten/Dez. I don't see their value going any lower so I figured it was time to make something happen. If you think they'll turn things around in Dallas you have to buy before this week IMO.

I threw a couple around and was able to get Murray + Cobb for SJax + S.Smith. I'm pretty excited about it.

Just traded reggie bush and gates away for Murray and Gresham as I will use Olsen as my starting te because I can't watch gates fat ### wobble around field any longer

Forgive me as I know this isn't on topic but would any of you handcuff him with Tanner or Jones at this point?
Hard to say. Certainly depends on bench size, but Id be inclined to say yes.With how RBs are at a premium this year, and backups typically even rostered, I find it surprising some of the biggest upside handcuffs - Pierce, Bryce Brown, Snelling - arent rostered in most leagues. I think Tanner/Jones are just a notch below that. Id personally rather have Tanner, but Jerry Jones fixation on Felix makes it a tougher choice.
I have Murray and someone rostered Jones which I didn't understand over ther byeweek. I never watched Tanner play and have no idea how he would produce behind that Dallas lackluster OL.Thanks for your reply.

Traded Sjax and Floyd for Murray to the 1-4 Nicks/Jennings owner, for those trying to gauge value. I do like how the schedule opens up, especially during the playoffs, which wad pretty much the opposite of SJax.

Traded Sjax and Floyd for Murray to the 1-4 Nicks/Jennings owner, for those trying to gauge value. I do like how the schedule opens up, especially during the playoffs, which wad pretty much the opposite of SJax.
that's too good to be true. SJax is nothing but a name and Floyd has no trade value whatsoever. I get no interest in Floyd when talking trades....flatline.

that's too good to be true. SJax is nothing but a name and Floyd has no trade value whatsoever. I get no interest in Floyd when talking trades....flatline.
I can pm you the trade acceptance email and take it offline. I was ready to offer more, but started with a reasonable low offer. Its a 14 teamer and he's been trotting out lafell and mike williams whenever nicks or jennings were out, and jared cook with hernandez out and at 1-4, probably felt like he needed to make a move.

I can pm you the trade acceptance email and take it offline. I was ready to offer more, but started with a reasonable low offer. Its a 14 teamer and he's been trotting out lafell and mike williams whenever nicks or jennings were out, and jared cook with hernandez out and at 1-4, probably felt like he needed to make a move.
I dont think he was saying he doesnt believe you ('cuz all kinds of crazy happens in fantasy trades)... just that you had majorly scored in that deal.

I'm not sure how low I bought, and there's only been 1 half of football since this thread was started, but Murray is looking good. Clearly has a quick burst, but I'm seeing better vision today even when the blocks aren't there. That being said, the entire offense looks better so that's certainly helping. Looks like he's easily gonna have his best day of the year so far.

I'm not sure how low I bought, and there's only been 1 half of football since this thread was started, but Murray is looking good. Clearly has a quick burst, but I'm seeing better vision today even when the blocks aren't there. That being said, the entire offense looks better so that's certainly helping. Looks like he's easily gonna have his best day of the year so far.
Seems like the Ravens are really struggling. Felix looking good against them, too. Baltimore had two injuries in the 1st quarter. Ngata was key to stopping the run.

How bad is the injury?
He came back in the game for one carry and was bandaged up, but he pulled himself out. From the sounds of it, it was all on him to see how well he could tolerate it.Hopefully that's a good sign that he'll be back next week for a good Carolina matchup, but we'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread