What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anybody buying on Demarco Murray? (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

DeMarco Murray rushed 29 times for 167 yards and a touchdown in Dallas' 26-,10 Week 2 win over the Titans, adding a six-yard reception.

That's 5.75 yards per carry. Murray was ripping off chunk gains from the opening whistle, rebounding from an early fumble to put the Cowboys on his back. Murray simply couldn't be stopped, finding every hole, and dragging tacklers once he got there. Murray now has 285 yards on the ground through his first two contests, averaging 5.58 yards every time he gets the rock. He's again proving that he's one of the league's best pure ball carriers when healthy. Murray is a locked-in RB1, regardless of matchup.

Sep 14 - 4:04 PM

It's a shame he doesn't have more TDs. Dallas had the ball inside the 5 on three occasions against SF. Romo threw a pick on one drive, took a sack for a huge loss on another, and on the third drive they finally gave him the ball and he scored instantly. Against the Titans, they opted to throw on the 3 inside of hand the ball off. He could easily have 4 or 5 more rushing TDs. Offensive line is the best it's been in almost 20 years. Setting up very nicely for Murray owners.

Rotoworld:

DeMarco Murray had 24 carries for 100 yards and a touchdown in Sunday's Week 3 win over the Rams.

Murray fumbled on the Cowboys' first drive, but was able to bounce back with a touchdown in the second quarter. He added four catches for 31 yards in the pass game. Murray has over 100 total yards and a touchdown in three straight weeks and remains locked in as a matchup-proof RB1. He'll take on the Saints in Week 4.

Sep 21 - 5:47 PM

I love him, ever since he was a rookie against the rams, I knew he would be good. Now I have learned to avoid him because his injuries worry me too much. This is so unfortunate because as you can see, when he plays hes great.

Top 6 draft day RBs- 943 yards 5 touchdowns

DeMarco Murray- 534 yards 5 touchdowns

Posted this in the DAL/NO thread but thought it required enough arithmetic for me to post it here too. It's nutty how RBs have went this season.

Rotoworld:

DeMarco Murray had 24 carries for 149 yards and two touchdowns in Sunday night's Week 4 win over the Saints.

It's Murray's fourth straight game with at least 100 yards and a touchdown. The Cowboys offensive line continues to open up massive running lanes for Murray, and he's averaging a dominant 5.4 YPC. Murray is on pace for 2,408 total yards and 20 touchdowns this season. With Dallas moving to a run-first offense, Murray has No. 1 overall running back potential.

Sep 29 - 12:01 AM

Given the transformation of the offense this year, if Murray goes down, will Dunbar or Randle be the guy to own? I, like most people, backed him up with Dunbar, but I'm starting to think Randle would get the majority of carries and be taken out on passing downs. With how well that o-line is run blocking, I can see Randle putting up decent numbers. Am I off base here?

Given the transformation of the offense this year, if Murray goes down, will Dunbar or Randle be the guy to own? I, like most people, backed him up with Dunbar, but I'm starting to think Randle would get the majority of carries and be taken out on passing downs. With how well that o-line is run blocking, I can see Randle putting up decent numbers. Am I off base here?
I think that's pretty accurate

I'd say demarco is one of those guys that adds value due to individual talent, but the situation would be good enough for randle to get some points for you.

Rotoworld:

Cowboys OC Scott Linehan isn't concerned about DeMarco Murray's workload.

Murray's 99 carries are 18 more than anyone in the NFL. "It's too early to be thinking about pitch counts," Linehan said. It's understandably impossible for the Cowboys to consider dialing back Murray's workload after he carried the team through its first four games, but that's an ominous number for a player with Murray's injury history. Fantasy owners should follow the Cowboys' lead, however, and ride him until the wheels fall off.

Source: Tim MacMahon on Twitter
Oct 2 - 2:31 PM

Buying? What would you have to offer to get him?
Right now I don't know how anyone could sell him.
I got him in 2 leagues. Trade 1 non ppr.

Jordy Nelson Doug Martin

Murray deandre hopkins

I felt that trade was high way robbery for me.

Trade 2 full ppr.

Julio jones, LeSean mccoy (tried offering Dez he wouldn't take it)

Murray, maclin,

If that's a big if Mccoy bounces back this trade probably screws me but if he stays mediocre then giving up julio wasn't so bad.

I got him in 2 leagues.Trade 1 non ppr.

Jordy Nelson Doug Martin

Murray deandre hopkins

I felt that trade was high way robbery for me.

Trade 2 full ppr.

Julio jones, LeSean mccoy (tried offering Dez he wouldn't take it)

Murray, maclin,

If that's a big if Mccoy bounces back this trade probably screws me but if he stays mediocre then giving up julio wasn't so bad.
I traded for Murray before week 2. I gave Julio, Trent Richardson for Murray, Dunbar.

In redraft sure.

In dynasty, I could see dealing him for a nice big package of a couple good player and picks. After all, no matter how good a guy is looking at RB, two weeks from now it could look a whole heck of a lot different. Ask Mccoy owners. Ask Charles owners a few weeks ago.

Murray owners, are you guys holding Dunbar or Randle?
Was holding Dunbar but dropped him for Oliver. If Murray goes down I'll be rushing to pick up Randle. I think he's the clear #2 now with Dunbar offering nothing more than occasional COP carries.

Pretty sure there was a report that they wanted to get Randle more involved before this week and he still only got 2 carries. I'm holding Randle in essentially every single league but I don't expect him to garner any value unless Murray goes down.

Is there really no effect on his value with this news? Seems like it might be a sell high situation
What is the effect? Goes from #1 RB by 2 miles to #1 RB by 1.9 miles?

They said the same thing last week and Randle got 2 carries to his 31. Even if they try to get the backups more involved, you're only talking about a few more carries.

So to answer your question, No. He'll still be the #1 RB by far...

Rotoworld:

DeMarco Murray rushed 29 times for 115 yards with one touchdown in Sunday's 30-23 Week 6 upset at Seattle.

Murray added six catches for 31 yards in a performance that proved he is absolutely matchup proof. The Seahawks came into the game with the league's No. 1 run defense, allowing just 2.62 YPC and one touchdown in four outings. Murray had his way with them, joining Jim Brown as the only NFL players to ever run for at least 100 yards in each of a season's first six games. Murray is now on pace for 2,093 rushing yards this season, just off the record of 2,105 set by Eric Dickerson in 1984. Dallas hosts the Giants in Week 7.

Oct 12 - 7:31 PM

As a Murray owner, I was glad to see him get a few reps off yesterday. It also reminded me that I need to get Randle on my roster ASAP. He will be very good if Murray goes down. And if I had two extra spots (which I don't), I'd be grabbing Dunbar too. I want to own the DAL backfield, whoever is running the ball. This O line would make Trent Richardson look like a stud.

Run this dude until you've secured a bye before the playoffs. That's what I say. Dal, assuming they can get this from him throughout, has a real shot at a 1 or 2 seed. Especially now that they have the tie breaker over Sea.

We are seeing history. Have him in every league. He is who I thought he was.. Trading him is like trading away AP when he was 26.. you crazy????????????

Last edited by a moderator:
We are seeing history. Have him in every league. He is who I thought he was.. Trading him is like trading away AP when he was 26.. you crazy????????????
Wow, six games really does have quite the effect on public opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread