What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (1 Viewer)

ß .

Footballguy
Completely a gut call right here, I have nothing to back it up but I just feel he's really close now. He's finally practicing fully, he's already had a while to recover from the knee, the ankle issue set him back a little, but he played last week, practiced fully this week, and I really think he'll be the 'spark' that chris johnson is asking for lol.

Completely a gut call right here, I have nothing to back it up but I just feel he's really close now. He's finally practicing fully, he's already had a while to recover from the knee, the ankle issue set him back a little, but he played last week, practiced fully this week, and I really think he'll be the 'spark' that chris johnson is asking for lol.
Shut up with all this "he's gonna go off soon". Everytime someone posts that the man gets injured. Just give it up already.

Teresa Walker (@TeresaMWalker) tweeted at 6:40 PM on Tue, Oct 09, 2012:

#Titans Jake Locker (shoulder), LB McCarthy (ankle), OT Otto did not practice. WR Kenny Britt a full practice for 1st time in couple weeks.

(

#Titans Jake Locker (shoulder), LB McCarthy (ankle), OT Otto did not practice. WR Kenny Britt a full practice for 1st time in couple weeks.

(https://twitter.com/TeresaMWalker/status/255799909347913728
Thanks, awesome news. Does he constitute a "what the heck" play or do we wait it out for next week? Practicing in full is a huge deal for him at this point. Did he even do that before his 6 catch, 55 yard game? The funny thing about the Britt situation is that a lot of people drafted him as a late flyer not expecting him to do anything for the first 6 weeks. Now, before that 6 weeks is up, people have started giving up on him. Owned in just 67% of Yahoo leagues now.

Shut up with all this "he's gonna go off soon". Everytime someone posts that the man gets injured. Just give it up already.
Do you really believe this? :lmao:

He may go off this week, but it's gonna have to be on my bench. After the last few weeks, I need a show-me game out of him before I think about starting him. I need to see him make it through a full game healthy and get a decent amount of snaps and targets.

Do you really believe this? :lmao:
Correlation is not causation.

Thanks, awesome news. Does he constitute a "what the heck" play or do we wait it out for next week? Practicing in full is a huge deal for him at this point. Did he even do that before his 6 catch, 55 yard game? The funny thing about the Britt situation is that a lot of people drafted him as a late flyer not expecting him to do anything for the first 6 weeks. Now, before that 6 weeks is up, people have started giving up on him. Owned in just 67% of Yahoo leagues now.
Exactly. You bought into Britt as a stretch run type of guy. I was expecting about exactly what I'm getting thus far. If he practices in full this week and still posts a 2/20 stat line I'll start to get concerned, but won't consider dropping until week 8-9 of similar production. Too much upside for him to catch fire down the stretch.

Exactly. You bought into Britt as a stretch run type of guy. I was expecting about exactly what I'm getting thus far. If he practices in full this week and still posts a 2/20 stat line I'll start to get concerned, but won't consider dropping until week 8-9 of similar production. Too much upside for him to catch fire down the stretch.
well he plays thursday night, practiced fully on tuesday....even if he plays and doesn't do well against the steelers i still wouldn't be too worried. he gets the bills the following week though so that's where we need to see a little something!

well he plays thursday night, practiced fully on tuesday....even if he plays and doesn't do well against the steelers i still wouldn't be too worried. he gets the bills the following week though so that's where we need to see a little something!
Ah didn't realize it was Thursday game. The Bills game is where he'll need to have a showing.

Kenny Britt (ankle) was a full participant in Wednesday's practice, and is officially probable for Thursday Night Football.Britt said Tuesday he "felt the most confident I have in this whole year," and that he's "definitely getting back to where I was last year." In other words, it doesn't sound like he expects his ankle to be an issue against the Steelers. After being limited to two catches and 27 snaps in Sunday's loss, Britt is a high-upside WR3 for Week 6.
Two full practices in a row. Lookin' good.

This guy getting full reps with Hasselbeck two days in a row could be a dangerous thing come Thurs. night. I could see him dominating targets a la last year. May have to start him based on potential alone...

This guy getting full reps with Hasselbeck two days in a row could be a dangerous thing come Thurs. night. I could see him dominating targets a la last year. May have to start him based on potential alone...
Because you all care about my team so much, you should know that with Donald Brown's injury, I am now flexing Britt for Thursday night! Chew on that.

not expecting much. Today had to be a walkthrough, so he really only had one ."real" practice. I am still in wait and see mode

Is Wright startable with Britt back to 100% on Thurs night? Not sure if Britt will steal targets or coverage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Wright startable with Britt back to 100% on Thurs night? Not sure if Britt will steal targets or coverage.
I want to think Britt is back but the more "positive" news I hear out of Tenn the more I think it is a ploy to get Pitt to roll coverage to Britt when he is not 100% healthy thereby freeing up Wright and others. Just a hunch and I hope I am wrong.

I want to think Britt is back but the more "positive" news I hear out of Tenn the more I think it is a ploy to get Pitt to roll coverage to Britt when he is not 100% healthy thereby freeing up Wright and others. Just a hunch and I hope I am wrong.
What I don't understand is why Britt played this week when he clearly wasn't close to 100% and didn't practice in weeks. :confused:

The timetable on Britt has always been around week 8 or 9. People who got him on the cheap and continue to hold never really expected him to be a juggernaut in the early part of the season. Right now, he's a buy for sure because that knee is coming around.

Have Marshall on a bye week, so need to start Simpson, Britt or Hartline as WR2.

Had set myself on Hartline, but I may go with Britt as a 'what the heck' kind of play.

'GordonGekko said:
IMHO, he's a modern day Mike Sherrard ( Sherrard was a former Cowboys high pick WR who consistently had leg injuries and his talent was tantalizing, even linking into the Cowboys/49ers rivalry in the early 90s when the Superbowl champion was pretty much decided in the NFC Championship game) Sherrard was a human lap dance. You could smell the cookies baking in the kitchen, but you never got to eat any.

Sorry but I think Kenny Britt-le will end up the same way. Lots of talent, teams and fans always hoping just a little longer and he'll be everything everyone hoped for and projected, and he will keep disappointing because his body keeps breaking down on him. Just has the sniff of a guy who will always having nagging injuries as part of his game. Without the injuries, you might have heard Sherrard's name getting rung out like Michael Irvins does now.

Being healthy sometimes means a lot more than talent. Ricky Proehl had maybe 1/10th of Britt's talent, but he will probably have had the more productive career when it's all said and done.
fair points, but Sherrard , when healthy, was NEVER as good as a healthy K. Britt.Britt can dominate opposing defenses like AJ or Fitz or Calvin can..he's that good.

'GordonGekko said:
IMHO, he's a modern day Mike Sherrard ( Sherrard was a former Cowboys high pick WR who consistently had leg injuries and his talent was tantalizing, even linking into the Cowboys/49ers rivalry in the early 90s when the Superbowl champion was pretty much decided in the NFC Championship game) Sherrard was a human lap dance. You could smell the cookies baking in the kitchen, but you never got to eat any.

Sorry but I think Kenny Britt-le will end up the same way. Lots of talent, teams and fans always hoping just a little longer and he'll be everything everyone hoped for and projected, and he will keep disappointing because his body keeps breaking down on him. Just has the sniff of a guy who will always having nagging injuries as part of his game. Without the injuries, you might have heard Sherrard's name getting rung out like Michael Irvins does now.

Being healthy sometimes means a lot more than talent. Ricky Proehl had maybe 1/10th of Britt's talent, but he will probably have had the more productive career when it's all said and done.
fair points, but Sherrard , when healthy, was NEVER as good as a healthy K. Britt.Britt can dominate opposing defenses like AJ or Fitz or Calvin can..he's that good.
Have to agree. Sherrard was never Kenny Britt. They both sustained injuries...the similarities stop there.

I like what I'm hearing on the reports out there.. I might have to start him over Stevie Johnson and Malcom Floyd as my WR3. The more i think about it, the more and more I want to roll Britt out there.

I'm in that EXACT same boat with Denarius Moore. Really want to roll Britt out there as the Raiders at least have the hope of McFadden against ATL. Plus Britt's at home, and DHB is returning for Oakland.

Like you said, don't feel great about it, but I feel the upside is enormous with Britt.

gut feeling TEN may come out and chuck it around tonight....while Hass has been bad, if/when he gets hot he can put up some numbers....Troy P is not playing....PIT should put up some points and Hass may have to keep up...at home, crowd rockin....I expect TEN to have a pretty good showing tonight...

and something tells me Britt could be a part of that tonight, especially if they get him involved early.....

Decided to go with Britt tonight over Simpson and Hartline at the weekend. I feel I'll need to score big to win, so need the upside. And it's a non-PPR league as well, and I fancy him more for a TD than the other two.

Hopefully his connection with Hasselbeck is the same and he doesn't re-injure himself tonight.

<Crosses everything>

Still deciding to play Britt over either Sidney Rice or DHB...PPR

My only hesitation is Britt hasn't really shown anything and its a short week. I grabbed Britt in the 3rd round of a 5 player keeper league. The guy who pick before me took Reggie Wayne...I was not a happy camper. :rant:

I'm in that EXACT same boat with Denarius Moore. Really want to roll Britt out there as the Raiders at least have the hope of McFadden against ATL. Plus Britt's at home, and DHB is returning for Oakland.Like you said, don't feel great about it, but I feel the upside is enormous with Britt.
I'm here too. I think Britt offers a higher ceiling but also a lower floor, so it's all a matter of how much risk you want to absorb. In my particular case, I'm leaning towards Moore mainly because I also have Jared Cook and I hate to rely too much on Tennessee's offense.

I'm in that EXACT same boat with Denarius Moore. Really want to roll Britt out there as the Raiders at least have the hope of McFadden against ATL. Plus Britt's at home, and DHB is returning for Oakland.Like you said, don't feel great about it, but I feel the upside is enormous with Britt.
I'm here too. I think Britt offers a higher ceiling but also a lower floor, so it's all a matter of how much risk you want to absorb. In my particular case, I'm leaning towards Moore mainly because I also have Jared Cook and I hate to rely too much on Tennessee's offense.
+1 - plus, as I said above, with his spotty recovery so far, I really want a show-me game first. Assuming he makes it through the game healthy, with a decent amount of targets and a few catches, I'll roll him out for his nice Week 7 matchup against Buffalo.

Starting him over Denarious Moore. Not feeling confident, however.
I'm not. As others mentioned, I grabbed Britt late in 2 of 3 leagues (picked up off waivers in one). I just want to see a couple weeks of OK production first to know that he is in fact healthy. Moore has looked good so far and I expect he is 100% back now and is Palmer's #1 guy. Moore is now where we hope Britt will be, plus Britt plays a top pass D.

Starting him over Denarious Moore. Not feeling confident, however.
I'm not. As others mentioned, I grabbed Britt late in 2 of 3 leagues (picked up off waivers in one). I just want to see a couple weeks of OK production first to know that he is in fact healthy. Moore has looked good so far and I expect he is 100% back now and is Palmer's #1 guy. Moore is now where we hope Britt will be, plus Britt plays a top pass D.
In terms of yards they rank 2nd after 4 games but that is a little misleading.In passing TDs allowed they rank 19th.

In sacks they rank a pitiful 24th.

Tied for 28th in interceptions with a miserable 1 INT.

They've faced Peyton, Palmer, Sanchez and Vick.

Vick and Peyton threw for 2 TDs and Palmer threw for 3. Even Sanchez threw a TD pass.

They've been awful on the road.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread