What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (1 Viewer)

You know you're digging when you pull out the two week old article on a guy that hasn't done squat.

How does Britt actually look on the field? I don't have Game Rewind this year so I don't have the ability to look him up. How is his speed? How's his effort? Is it Britt or Bailey moving forward?

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt caught three passes for 31 yards in the Rams' Week 10 loss to the Cardinals.

Britt was targeted five times. His biggest gain, a 14-yarder, came in garbage time. Austin Davis wasn't attempting any passes downfield until the game was well out of reach. There should be plenty of garbage time next week when the Rams host the Broncos and get blown out by Peyton Manning and Co.

Nov 9 - 8:12 PM

How does Britt actually look on the field? I don't have Game Rewind this year so I don't have the ability to look him up. How is his speed? How's his effort? Is it Britt or Bailey moving forward?
Davis is incapable of giving him value.

Last edited by a moderator:
So what are people's thoughts on him after yesterday? Did he "break out" because he finally had a QB willing to go deep or was yesterday's game just a fluke and he goes back to being invisible?

So what are people's thoughts on him after yesterday? Did he "break out" because he finally had a QB willing to go deep or was yesterday's game just a fluke and he goes back to being invisible?
Earlier in the year when I was watching tape on STL I noticed Britt constantly beating his man deep. I thought the fact that Davis missed him constantly (over the course of three or so games) would fix itself but that never happened and I stopped paying attention. Hill stepped in and took advantage of it almost immediately vs. one of the better secondaries in the league. I think it's quite possible it can continue and is most certainly worth keeping an eye on.

4/128/1 so far in the first half.

Anyone start him?
heh, i lucked into starting him dude to roster mismanagement leaving me with no budget to make moves.

he looked pretty good, it is a bit concerning that they didnt go to him in the 2nd half.

Free agent Kenny Britt said he "definitely" wants to re-sign with the Rams.

Britt resuscitated his career in St. Louis, setting career-highs in catches (48) and yards (748) to go with three touchdowns. He'd do well to stay in St. Louis because Jeff Fisher appears to be the only coach that can coax competency out of him. Britt, armed with both on- and off-field questions, will not fetch a hot market when free agency opens March 10.

Source: St Louis Post-Dispatch
Jan 6 - 10:40 AM

He lost the whole "I'm a star" mindset/ego which could possibly be what winds up making him one....go figure, his ego was just too huge.

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt - WR - Rams

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports impending free agent Kenny Britt's player reps met with the Rams at the Senior Bowl.

Britt has said he "definitely" wants to return to St. Louis, and it appears the feeling is mutual. All of Britt's best seasons have come under coach Jeff Fisher. With the Rams lacking anything resembling depth at receiver, a new deal makes sense for both sides. Britt wouldn't be a candidate for guaranteed money beyond 2015 on the open market.

Source: Jim Thomas on Twitter

Jan 22 - 10:24 PM

The potential he's always had but never realized....there's a good amount of articles out there how he could help a new team. Understanding his past, I hope he doesn't think he deserves a high salary and creates a problem in this contract renegotiation.

The simple theory that he should be on an incentive laden deal still should be the goal.

The offseason, right now, is when he gets in trouble and acts like a dink. He has behaved and the Rams need to make sure that continues-bonus he shows up in shape, bonus he shows up to minicamp, idk that I'd mind if there was a bonus if he doesn't get arrested

He recently said something along the lines of he sees some trouble (drugs, parties, whatever) at Rutgers and doesn't visit because he wants to abstain from that. That's a perfect mindset...keep him on the straight and narrow.

Career high in catches last year...ascending talent!
If the Rams get Foles (This is one of those too perfect to be true scenario's IMO but still....if) and Bradford returns, I think their QB play goes wayyyy up and I might buy into Britt's potential again.

I am not touching him or Cook with a ten foot pole if they are ranked highly for FF or if their QB situation is a mess.

Rotoworld:

NFL.com's Mike Silver reports free agent Kenny Britt is expected to re-sign with the Rams.
The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Wednesday morning that the sides were "in discussions." Britt has always had his most success under coach Jeff Fisher, so remaining in St. Louis would make a good deal of sense as long as the money is right.

Related: Rams

Source: Mike Silver on Twitter
Mar 11 - 6:38 PM

Rotoworld:

Updating a previous item, Kenny Britt's two-year deal with the Rams has a base value of $9.15 million and can void after one season.
The initially reported numbers -- $14 million over two years -- were obviously agent-inflated. Britt did get an initial $1.5 million roster bonus, and his 2015 base salary of $2.55 million is guaranteed, but the Rams can cut him or, more technically, "void" the deal next offseason and encounter zero dead money for 2016. It's really a one-year, $4.05 million commitment.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter
Mar 24 - 8:17 PM

Rotoworld:

Updating a previous item, Kenny Britt's two-year deal with the Rams has a base value of $9.15 million and can void after one season.

The initially reported numbers -- $14 million over two years -- were obviously agent-inflated. Britt did get an initial $1.5 million roster bonus, and his 2015 base salary of $2.55 million is guaranteed, but the Rams can cut him or, more technically, "void" the deal next offseason and encounter zero dead money for 2016. It's really a one-year, $4.05 million commitment.

$4.3M including workout bonus. Still peanuts though.

Rotoworld:

considering Britt's past staying in STL was probably a good move for him at this point......he won't have to go to a new team, a new city, a new coach, a new staff, new teammates, etc......could be in for a solid year and represent decent value in redrafts....

Considering where he was at career-wise this time last year, when he signed a contract with virtually nothing guaranteed if he had been cut before the season, and worth about $1 million to $1.3 million, he has more security (though still a one year contract, technically, if the Rams want to walk away after '15) and is making 3-4 X as much. It's relative, but '14 was a prove it contract success story, he re-established himself and could be an ascendant player again if Foles can be healthier than Bradford (shouldn't be too hard, a very low bar, but he did miss time all three seasons in PHI). Britt is still only 26? If he continues to play well and avoid off-field issues (maybe he has matured), he will see the second year of the contract, and maybe even realize some escalators, though not sure if any incentives in the likely to be earned category? Britt will than be in position for another contract in 2017 at 28. If he wasn't offered significantly more elsewhere, he stated that he had a comfort level with and respected Fisher, and wanted to continue to be a part of the organizational turnaround and win more for his former and current HC.

http://espn.go.com/blog/st-louis-rams/post/_/id/17070/kenny-britts-return-to-rams-best-for-both-sides

May have been posted already, but just the business excerpt:

"It's always about how you fit and how you feel," Britt said in December. "I was never a person that would go out there and play the game for money. I go out there and play the game for the guys that line up next to me and the guy that is in there each and every day going to work for guys like Jeff Fisher and the coaching staff. That's somebody I want to go win a ring with because he deserves it and I want to be one of the guys that helps."

I'm cautiously optimistic again. He's stayed healthy. He hasn't been in trouble in a long time. He exceeded my expectations last year with dog vomit at QB, and Foles should certainly be better than Austin Davis and Shaun Hill. Actually, Foles is probably the best QB that he's ever played with. Britt will likely still be limited by the type of offense the Rams want to run, but IMO he's likely to lead the STL WRs in targets again, and could / should put up passable WR3 FF #s provided Foles stays on the field. I'll take that at this point.

He didn't look like the same promising player pre-knee-injury at the end of his run in TEN.

Encouragingly, he flashed some of the old burst and explosiveness, and some semblance of that previously tantalizing form and athleticism for a big WR (listed 6'3" 223 lbs.). While his production was understandably muted for the reasons you noted, that was the #1 takeaway point for me (that and staying out of trouble) from Britt's 2014 image rehabilitating, career resurrection campaign, and was a reclamation project success story for the Rams. He is young. Once again, he has upside. We don't usually see such dramatically different up, down, pulling out of a nosedive and up again career trajectories. But America loves a second act.

Rotoworld:

considering Britt's past staying in STL was probably a good move for him at this point......he won't have to go to a new team, a new city, a new coach, a new staff, new teammates, etc......could be in for a solid year and represent decent value in redrafts....
The only problem is that Brian Quick looked better than Britt when they were both on the field.

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt - WR - Rams

Rams coach Jeff Fisher believes "we should see a lot more out of" Kenny Britt in 2015.

Britt played 16 games for only the second time in his career and caught a career-high 48 passes last season. The Rams have done nothing to upgrade their pass-catching corps this offseason, so Britt has a decent shot to enter 2015 as the de facto No. 1 receiver. With Nick Foles providing better quarterback play, that could mean an even better season for Britt, though he will struggle to be anything more than a WR3 even if he stays healthy.

Source: ESPN.com

Apr 4 - 10:12 AM

I think there's good to excellent upside here, if Foles can get it together and i think he will. Britt is poised to be a WR2 with upside. Foles is not afraid to chuck it.

Britt's just not that good. Never was. The shark pool hype on this guy is the best thing on his resume.

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt says he is developing "chemistry" with new Rams QB Nick Foles.

"Our chemistry has been great since Day 1," Britt said. "He has a sense of when to put touch on it, and when to throw it in there." With Brian Quick sidelined, Britt has been the Rams’ No. 1 receiver during Organized Team Activities. Britt's downfield targets project to increase under Foles. Britt posted a 48/748/3 line with Shaun Hill and Austin Davis under center last year.

Source: stlouisrams.com
Jun 5 - 7:12 PM

Britt's just not that good. Never was. The shark pool hype on this guy is the best thing on his resume.
He never strung together a long period of greatness. There were tantalizing flashes before the knee injury (off to the best start of his career, one of the most productive WRs in the league at the time). He certainly didn't do much after in TEN and fell out of favor.Last year, he flashed downfield speed and explosiveness not seen since before the injury. He did lead the team in receiving, but that is kind of like being the coolest person at a Dungeons and Dragons convention. Hard to light it up with backups Hill and Davis at QB.

Because of the way it looks Fisher is building the offense (Gurley and four huge, massive, mauling run blocking OL in the 2015 draft), run first, and Foles will probably spread the ball around, also to Quick (if recovered from a shoulder injury - he outplayed Britt in the first 6 games), former Titan teammate Cook at TE (led team in receiving in 2013), Austin, Bailey might be involved, it will be hard for any WRs to put up big numbers.

* IF Britt develops chemistry and rapport with Foles, he could exceed expectations and have upside, because Foles should be an upgrade over Hill and Davis. If Gurley is as good as advertised, Britt could get more plays overall, sustained drives, red zone scoring opps, etc., and he does have good size (though Quick, Cook and Kendricks could also figure in the red zone, the latter led the team in receiving TDs last year). His size (6'3", 223 lbs.), with Quick, is an attribute that helps with run blocking, and another factor that makes him a good fit in a Fisher offense, and likely to see the field a lot as long as he is healthy. Though it seems like he has been in the league a while, he turns just 27 in 2015, and signed a two year extension in the off-season (second year not guaranteed).

Last edited by a moderator:
Just got him in dynasty and being optimistic about his furure:

* Had his best year and started to look good and beyond injuries

* First time playing with decent QB

* Has coaching staffs trust as they didn't get any receivers in the draft

* Has potential and has not reached his ceiling, not even close IMO

* Rams are going to run a lot, but that does not mean they will not throw, so being #1 receiver in any NFL team is worth something especially when the team haven't had a QB like Foles before

* Still only turning 27 in September

Criminally undervalued right now, agree with the poster above although Quick could be wr1 for Rams. His value should increase this season significantly. How many good games will it take?

I don't know fellas. How much upside can he really have with Jeff Fisher as the HC? He' not even rostered in my 12 team superflex.

The Philly game a long time ago, they played some of the worst defense ever and one or two CBs (CB and S?) were cut the next day. One of the rare times when your buddy says "I could play better than that" and he maybe could have played better than their DBs. Highlights are on youtube, if you look most plays he's wide open too open.

That was not his best game at all. I've watched him for years with the Titans and there is no way that was his best game. He had a few where I wanna say 7 catches for 100 yards and those were far better.

Like oh so many young WRs, he was done the second he faced up against a pretty good CB. Then it clicked and he worked to get open and he looked like he arrived.

A partial season with Moss and guess what he takes plays off and has a junk attitude. His practice work ethic isn't so great and the drops got more and more prevalent. He didn't run his routes all the way through if he wasn't getting it and Munchak or Fisher about chose to start nothing rather than have a guy dogging it. He responded with I'm great he's wrong and struggled, then he did put in the work one summer. He said the right things. Munchak is infamous for loving anyone that puts a high-level effort in and he was all complimentary. He didn't do well in game one and became sour. He got benched. Munchak did say if he put the work in he'd play again and he did. He made a lot of drops where he ran before he tucked it away and I think just too excited to prove himself.

He was a top WR out of college not a project type, but ready to go type. Fisher (and everyone in the NFL) knew Munchak is insistent on hard work and discipline and could easily read between the lines here. He felt the kid was worth another shot.

I haven't liked him for FF in several years and last year was hmmm. I will tell you this though. He's got confidence and knows he can do it now. You don't see Fisher all over him and you don't see articles of him dogging it but a guy on TV a little gassed on the sideline where he ran hard the previous play. Things are right with Britt.

The way I see it, if you are one of 100 zillion people that said he needed to get it together, well now it's time to re-evaluate him since he has done just that.

I don't think the Rams have another WR that can catch the ball while covered and earn the QBs confidence to make that throw. Foles is good for Britt and the little we get from OTAs has been favorable.

I think there's still people penalizing him for junk he did in TEN. It's foolish now. I realize this because I was one of these people. He's doing everything right now and is a top talent.

A Fisher offense will have less passing...not the run N shoot. Steve McNair played while Eddie George did. Fish will never be coach of a Saints or Packers type offense, but don't throw his O away like they're from 1950. They pass.

More often than not, wayyyy more often than not, a QB has a favorite target. When these teams look like they'll have 3-4 guys that are equally successful, the season usually ends with the favorite getting more passes than you figured in preseason.

Until Britt's ADP changes, he's an excellent pick.

I would waive him the second a "dogging it" article comes out but otherwise I'm pretty secure with it. The guy took 100 years to actually become a #1 WR in the league, but he did. He deserves some credit for that and probably some re-evaluation for FF.

May drop vareen for him, trying to determine appropriate faab bid. Foles has always shown willingness to chuck it down field. Possible he keeps this going

Lion.

:lmao:

(Rotoworld)Kenny Britt didn't catch either of his two targets in the Rams' Week 8 win over the 49ers.

Analysis: Britt was targeted early on a couple deep balls, but dropped the first one and was unable to make a play on the other. He's been a massive statistical disappointment since re-signing with the Rams. Tavon Austin has taken over as the No. 1 receiver, leaving Britt as a WR5/6.

Kenny Britt (thigh) didn't practice on Wednesday.
Britt had the same injury last week but still led the Rams with 82 receiving yards in a win over Arizona. He should be the featured receiver again in Week 5. Britt is on pace for over 1,100 yards but we're guessing he'll come back to Earth at some point. Assuming his thigh injury doesn't get any worse, Britt can be employed as a WR4/5 Sunday versus Buffalo.

Source: Rich Hammond on Twitter

The Browns are missing the third most targets in the NFL (285) from last season.

Only the Ravens (345) and Rams (297) are missing more. Expected to fill the void for Cleveland are Kenny Britt, Corey Coleman, and David Njoku, among whom only Britt is a proven NFL producer. Britt topped 1,000 yards with Case Keenum and Jared Goff at quarterback in 2016. You can read more about Britt and the Browns in Evan Silva's Team Fantasy Preview at the link below.

Source: Browns Fantasy Preview

Users who are viewing this thread