What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (4 Viewers)

I am seriously considering cutting this guy. I have Tynes on a bye, and frankly don't want to lose him. My concern is his upcoming schedule seems pretty favorable...Jax/Hou/Indy. Houston isn't necessarily a good matchup, but facing the Jags and Colts in the next 3 weeks could be what he needs to get on track. What are other owners doing? Holding or cutting our losses with Britt?

I'm holding (in a dynasty). He's too talented to not produce, and he's young. In redraft, I'd likely hold also. In fact, maybe I'll see what it would take to land him in a trade after reading the posts herein.

I'm holding (in a dynasty). He's too talented to not produce, and he's young. In redraft, I'd likely hold also. In fact, maybe I'll see what it would take to land him in a trade after reading the posts herein.
Here's the problem. I don't know how long it will take before can start him. Best case senario: 1. He's on a bye this week2. Week 12 - explodes against Jax, on your bench (say 90 yd/2 TDs)3. Week 13 - Does ok against Hou (say 75 yd/1 TD), probably still on your bench based on match-up4. Week 14 - You finally get him in your line up.More likely senario:1. He's on a bye this week2. Week 12 - Does ok against Jax (say 75 yd/1 TD)on your bench3. Week 13 - Does poor against Hou (say 60 yd/0 TD) on your bench4. Week 14 - Still on your benchLong story short, if you're going to hold him, it would have to be for the long run unless you're willing to start him based strictly on potential and not history.

Mon, Nov 12

The Titans plan to evaluate Britt's role in the offense going forward during the team's current bye week, John Glennon of the Tennessean reports. "I think that's something we'll get a chance to look more at this week as coaches, to kind of see if we're using (Britt) the right way," coach Mike Munchak said Monday. "We're already watching his reps as far as in the games so we're not overworking him. Because he has different soreness every week that he's been playing through and practicing through."

Per Yahoo.

If you drafted him you did so with expectation that he'd be riding the pine for half the season anyways. Now, after waiting for three months and now that he has the chance to finally make an impact you are dropping him? That doesn't make much sense to me. I'm expecting WR1/2 production from him as my WR3 for the end run and hopefully playoffs.

If you drafted him you did so with expectation that he'd be riding the pine for half the season anyways. Now, after waiting for three months and now that he has the chance to finally make an impact you are dropping him? That doesn't make much sense to me. I'm expecting WR1/2 production from him as my WR3 for the end run and hopefully playoffs.
:lmao: at half the season. Its week 11 (and hes on a bye)

In a bizarre way, I'm sort of committed to this guy as he factored into all my trade decisions, etc. I sure hope he's got more in him than four points a game, and I'm betting that he does. Given how deep our league is, I'd be happy with eight points from him at the flex.

Why does he all of a sudden "have the chance to finally make an impact"? His own coaches ave even said that it will still take time for him to get back to full speed.

Just traded for him in Dynasty as the talent is there and with my team also having j Stew I don't feel I have enough frustration in my fantasy life.

Trying hard to deal him away in my Keeper League though, think this year is gone for him now. Would rather roll with Alexander and other such scrubs

:lmao: at half the season. Its week 11 (and hes on a bye)
my point was that no one drafted this guy as a 3rd or even 4th WR option, so its not like you NEED him to produce or you lose games. I took him as my 5th WR. I've waited this long, it seems ridiculous to have him burn a roster spot for 11 weeks and now that he seems to be getting healthier, the coaching staff has come out saying he needs to be more involved and the better QB for his style of play is back in, you would decide to drop him from your team. What about that is so hard to get?

Why does he all of a sudden "have the chance to finally make an impact"? His own coaches ave even said that it will still take time for him to get back to full speed.
Because every week that goes by he gets healthier, Old man Hass is no longer in there and Munchak specifically said they are going to work this bye week on ways to get him more involved. :shrug:

Because every week that goes by he gets healthier, Old man Hass is no longer in there and Munchak specifically said they are going to work this bye week on ways to get him more involved. :shrug:
Ok but I thought I read a quote (maybe even from this thread) that the coach expects that he will not be at 100% this year.

Ok but I thought I read a quote (maybe even from this thread) that the coach expects that he will not be at 100% this year.
Kenny Britt More Involvement
Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Munchak said Monday, Nov. 12, that the team plans to find more ways during the bye week to get WR Kenny Britt more involved in the offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Several injuries: Julio/Bowe have forced me to dump Britt(picked up James Jones) for this week...........I'll try and pick him back up next week.

Any thoughts for the rest of the year on Britt? Still holding strong? Anyone dropping for a waiver wire add? Maybe a RB? Just wondering. I've been holding him in couple leagues and am not sure what to do with the guy. I'm scared to start him, and scared to drop him....

I love his matchup this week and am flip-flopping between him and beanie at flex. I could totally see a breakout day.

I'm losing track...is this 7 straight weeks someone has a gut feeling this is the week he goes off?

Def drafting him in 2013. Again.

I'm losing track...is this 7 straight weeks someone has a gut feeling this is the week he goes off?Def drafting him in 2013. Again.
:lol:I think the warning signs were there when his OC said that he probably won't be 100% until next year. Of course that's assuming he doesn't get banged up again next year, or even suspended again. Must be a headache owning this guy in dynasty formats.

I drafted him, but cut bait when it was clear he wasn't going to get a higher percentage of the snaps (3-4 weeks ago). I'm looking for a WR4 headed into the playoffs so I tossed him on my waivers, behind TY HIlton. I have little faith that he'll do anything and hope I don't have to use him, but I keep coming back to the fact that he's probably the most talented WR on waivers right now. Add that to Locker being back (hopefully throwing deep a bit more?) and Britt being even further removed from his injury, and I feel OK about him being an emergency replacement (but nothing more).

Have a chance of picking up Lance Ball and dropping Britt. I drafted Britt and feel the same sympathies as you all do.

Also note, Andre Roberts, Donald Jones are available in waivers if I needed WR help.

My other WRs are Roddy White, Sidney Rice, and Brian Hartline. I plan on starting White and Rice the rest of the way.

Its a 16 team non-ppr league. 2 WR, 2RB, 1 Flex.

Im a bit of a RB lover but none of them are awesome.

Doug Martin, Felix Jones, Ballard, Benson, Parmele, Blount

Want to keep Blount for safety, just picked up Parmele, waiting on Benson, starting Ballard in flex. And starting for now Jones and obviously Martin is my only guy.

The upside of Ball is exciting and the frustration on Britt is killing me....thoughts?

Have a chance of picking up Lance Ball and dropping Britt. I drafted Britt and feel the same sympathies as you all do. Also note, Andre Roberts, Donald Jones are available in waivers if I needed WR help.My other WRs are Roddy White, Sidney Rice, and Brian Hartline. I plan on starting White and Rice the rest of the way.Its a 16 team non-ppr league. 2 WR, 2RB, 1 Flex.Im a bit of a RB lover but none of them are awesome.Doug Martin, Felix Jones, Ballard, Benson, Parmele, BlountWant to keep Blount for safety, just picked up Parmele, waiting on Benson, starting Ballard in flex. And starting for now Jones and obviously Martin is my only guy.The upside of Ball is exciting and the frustration on Britt is killing me....thoughts?
Blount is horrible . . . safety?? Ware and Blount split, heck, I wouldnt be surprised if Ware gets more touches if Martin goes down.

Thanks guys! That's just what I needed. A different perspective.

I will be dropping Blount, keeping Benson in case of the playoffs. (Which will be tough for me to make)

Ugh at this OC news. Every time I'm ready to cut this guy there is some reason to hang onto him which of course will result in nothing.

I really want to drop him.

Essentially, if his name wasn't "Kenny Britt" there is no way I would have a 30 catch-2 TD receiver on my team 12 weeks into the season.

He is clearly safe to drop at this point. You are better off adding a second defense then keeping him on your roster.

'Macdaddy_2004 said:
'rockaction said:
'LargeMouthBass said:
Is Kenny the "Decoy" Britt even startable the rest of the season?
They just fired the OC. Bump Britt with confidence :P . :thumbup:
LOL why? Who is the new OC - did he say Britt is going to be heavily targeted?
The QB coach, Dowell Loggains. No, he didn't. I was kidding. I'm hoping at this point.

'Macdaddy_2004 said:
'rockaction said:
'LargeMouthBass said:
The QB coach, Dowell Loggains. No, he didn't. I was kidding. I'm hoping at this point.

When asked what expects to see under new OC Dowell Loggains, Kenny Britt said, "The ball -- more."Britt has just 30 catches for 337 yards and two touchdowns in nine games played this season. Unsurprisingly, he's frustrated and looking for a fresh start under Loggains. Britt hinted that former OC Chris Palmer didn't get the ball in his hands enough. "I've liked Dowell since I've been here," Britt said. "Dowell's always been on my side and he's a good coach." Dec 2 - 12:14 PMSource: Nashville Tennesseanhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt

When asked what expects to see under new OC Dowell Loggains, Kenny Britt said, "The ball -- more."Britt has just 30 catches for 337 yards and two touchdowns in nine games played this season. Unsurprisingly, he's frustrated and looking for a fresh start under Loggains. Britt hinted that former OC Chris Palmer didn't get the ball in his hands enough. "I've liked Dowell since I've been here," Britt said. "Dowell's always been on my side and he's a good coach." Dec 2 - 12:14 PMSource: Nashville Tennesseanhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt
God d*****.

Understandable if people are dropping him, i'm in a great situation where i can afford to sit him on my bench cause i'm good at WR. There is good news though

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5130/kenny-britt

When asked what expects to see under new OC Dowell Loggains, Kenny Britt said, "The ball -- more."

Britt has just 30 catches for 337 yards and two touchdowns in nine games played this season. Unsurprisingly, he's frustrated and looking for a fresh start under Loggains. Britt hinted that former OC Chris Palmer didn't get the ball in his hands enough. "I've liked Dowell since I've been here," Britt said. "Dowell's always been on my side and he's a good coach." Dec 2 - 12:14 PM
I picked up britt for the playoff run so he NEEDS to start showing up for my investment to pay off :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread