What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kenny Britt (2 Viewers)

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt is running pass patterns at Titans OTAs "with no signs of struggle" after last year's two knee surgeries.
"Kenny is healthy and he’s doing good. He looks way different," teammate Kendall Wright observed. "He took his offseason serious and went and got his knees right." In order to keep Britt on the right track, the Titans will hold him out of some future OTA practices. If Britt is truly 100 percent, only shaky quarterback play could prevent him from flirting with WR1 value in his contract year.

Source: Nashville Tennessean

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt experienced "no knee issues" during the Titans' offseason program.
Britt was never 100 percent as he made his way back from a torn ACL last season, posting just a 45/589/4 line as he struggled with separation and drops. Britt was a beastly talent pre-injury, so we'd expect a rather robust bounce-back campaign if he's truly back to full health. That being said, he'll only go as far as Jake Locker takes him.

Just looked up his ADP, it is WR38. That seems very low. Then again I looked at the guys around him and I like most of them. Good lord WR is really deep this year
Totally agreed. Heck, I was going through the WR60+ list earlier and was fascinated at how many I love. My basic draft plan is looking to be something approaching RB/WR/RB/RB/WR/TE/QB/RB/RB/RB before the WR picking gets started. (obviously every draft is different, but this seems optimal from my mocks so far).

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt (right knee swelling) missed his third straight practice Tuesday.
Britt insisted Tuesday morning that his knees felt "great," but he's officially murky for Saturday's game against the Bengals. We don't doubt that his absence is precautionary, but the fact that precaution is still required nearly two years after he tore up his knee is not a good sign.

Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt (right knee swelling) missed his third straight practice Tuesday.
Britt insisted Tuesday morning that his knees felt "great," but he's officially murky for Saturday's game against the Bengals. We don't doubt that his absence is precautionary, but the fact that precaution is still required nearly two years after he tore up his knee is not a good sign.

Faust, you are the man. Removing Britt from the sleeper list now.

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt (knee) returned to practice Thursday.
Britt sat out three practices with some swelling in his surgically-repaired right knee, but he insists he feels "great." Entering a contract year, Britt checks in as Rotoworld's No. 36 receiver. He has a ton of upside, if he can stay healthy.

Faust said:
Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt (knee) returned to practice Thursday.
Britt sat out three practices with some swelling in his surgically-repaired right knee, but he insists he feels "great." Entering a contract year, Britt checks in as Rotoworld's No. 36 receiver. He has a ton of upside, if he can stay healthy.

Kenny smells the cash. He is going to say he is healthy until his knee folds again. Kenny not smart, but he knows this year can make Kenny a lot of dough.

Shawn Jefferson works to influence Kenny Britt

Terry McCormick

As a wide receivers coach Shawn Jefferson is intense, enough so that he wears cleats on the practice field.

He helped to turn Calvin Johnson into an all-world receiver in Detroit, and one of the players he is charged with trying to bring out similar results in in Tennessee is Kenny Britt.

Britt has been no stranger to trouble in his time in the NFL with nine incidents involving police since the Titans drafted him in 2009. But Jefferson says he judges Britt on what he has seen for himself, not his previous actions.

“I'm one of these coaches, I don't get into listening to what people say. I get here and I see the guy and I'm with him in the classroom every day, and work with him, and then I'll judge him by myself,” Jefferson told TitanInsider. “One day we had a night practice out here, and he was walking off the field with his daughter, and his daughter was crying. I said, 'Hey, man, what did you do to your daughter? Why did you make her cry?' He said she was over there playing with some other girls and didn't want to share the ball. So she can't play at all. That's a good guy.

To me, I'm like, 'Wow.' You can't as a coach listen to all that outside stuff. I tend to judge people for myself.”

As for Britt, he claims he is maturing, but says "there are always bumps in the road."

“Every year, I've tried to be on the straight and narrow, but things happen in life and you go through some things and there are gonna be bumps in the road,” Britt said. “There's always gonna be bumps in the road regardless of what it is. It's just the maturity level that what you do and don't do in your first year in the league when you're 20 years old that you don't do when you're 25 and you realize there are things that are more important.”

It's a lesson the Titans, with Jefferson's assitance, hope is finally soaking in with Britt.

Delanie Walker, Kenny Britt injuries worrying Titans

By Chris Wesseling

Around the League Writer

Published: Aug. 16, 2013 at 12:05 p.m.

Updated: Aug. 16, 2013 at 05:39 p.m.

With Kendall Wright finally in football shape and rookie Justin Hunter flashing difference-making potential in training camp, the Tennessee Titans have a couple of intriguing young wide receivers.

On the flip side, the team also has been left to wonder when two key veterans will return to full health.

Despite insisting over the weekend that his surgically repaired knee feels great and there are "no concerns at all," Kenny Britt continues to be held out of practice with swelling and soreness.

Coach Mike Munchak suggested Thursday the knee might be an issue throughout Britt's contract season.

"I think every week it's probably going to be a day (of missed practice) here and there, especially in camp," Munchak explained, via The Tennessean. "I think once we get in a normal week, he'll probably practice two out of three (days)."

Yikes. It's never a good sign when the coach already is bracing for 17 weeks of uncertainty.

The news on tight end Delanie Walker isn't any better. The self-described "missing piece of the puzzle" remains without a timetable for return after undergoing arthroscopic left knee surgery last month.

Walker acknowledged that the surgery to remove cartilage from underneath the bone of his knee was more serious than last summer's scope to his right knee that limited his production early in the season.

The Titans were counting on Walker to line up at tight end, wide receiver and fullback as a potential mismatch for linebackers and safeties. Early in the season, at least, they will have to get by with Taylor Thompson and Craig Stevens in a more conventional attack.

The Around The League Podcast is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt caught three passes for 42 yards in Saturday's third preseason game against the Falcons.
It was clearly Jake Locker's best performance of the preseason, so it was unsurprisingly Britt's best day as well. Britt's rare size/speed and strong hands make him an ideal No. 1 target, but he is far too often lost in the Titans' inconsistent attack. Through three preseason games, he has just five catches for 58 yards and no touchdowns. Britt is a boom-or-bust kind of WR3.

Rotoworld:

Coach Mike Munchak said the Titans will probably have to give Kenny Britt (knee) a day off nearly every week this season.
Britt tore his right ACL in 2011. He wasn't the same player last season, and he's been battling swelling in the surgically-repaired knee this summer. Britt will be a name seen frequently on injury reports this season. Injury concerns have kept his ADP down, and we like his value in the eighth and ninth rounds of drafts. Britt has legit No. 1 receiver talent, but is a true boom-or-bust pick.

Source: Terry McCormick on Twitter

Rotoworld:

Coach Mike Munchak said the Titans will probably have to give Kenny Britt (knee) a day off nearly every week this season.
Britt tore his right ACL in 2011. He wasn't the same player last season, and he's been battling swelling in the surgically-repaired knee this summer. Britt will be a name seen frequently on injury reports this season. Injury concerns have kept his ADP down, and we like his value in the eighth and ninth rounds of drafts. Britt has legit No. 1 receiver talent, but is a true boom-or-bust pick.

Not a good sign.

Rotoworld:

Not a good sign.
No. Horrible sign.

Rotoworld:

Kenny Britt missed practice with swelling in his surgically-repaired knee for the second straight day Tuesday, and won't suit up for Thursday's preseason finale.
Britt has been dealing with swelling all summer, but the Titans insist they aren't concerned. Fantasy owners should be, however. Coming off a torn ACL, Britt didn't look like the same player last season, and there's little reason to believe he will be this year. With the erratic Jake Locker serving up his targets, Britt is little more than a WR4/5.

It's over. Shell of his former self with this chronic knee. Sell while people still remember the "what if...".

Should I drop him for joique bell? I don't have Reggie bush but I don't want the guy that has him to get him.

I'm even thinking about dropping him for Kendall wright or Nate washington

I have him as my WR3 in my main league. Not where I wanted him at all (I like him as a WR4) but taking Gronk + owning the RB position can lead to that.

I'm not moving him. He has shown the ability, he's working, he's not getting arrested (this month lol) and he's in a contract year.

I have him as my WR3 in my main league. Not where I wanted him at all (I like him as a WR4) but taking Gronk + owning the RB position can lead to that.

I'm not moving him. He has shown the ability, he's working, he's not getting arrested (this month lol) and he's in a contract year.
Lol. He can't get arrested right now....his knee is to gimpy to run from the po po

Same deal here. He's my #3 in the league I care about. Limping around all year last season, he was just off 1000yd pace. There is no reason for him to play in the 4th preseason game, so I see no reason to fret about this. I'm more than willing to let the season play out and see if he can muster one or two good games in the 1st four weeks of the season. He is talented, and still young and an upside play. And yes, I'm probably overly optimistic about him, but I like the patience the coaching staff is showing with him. They might be thinking the same thing

Picked Britt as my WR4, and Blackmon as WR5, so I could have some upside if Britt is healthy. If not, he gets waived.

I'm waiting until he goes down with another injury to label him, Kenny Britt-le. He's my WR4 and I'm just hoping I get something out of him at least a few weeks.

Unless you're in a really deep league, he's a waste of a roster space IMO. Keep him for now and cut him for the Kevin Ogletree of Week 1.

Unless you're in a really deep league, he's a waste of a roster space IMO. Keep him for now and cut him for the Kevin Ogletree of Week 1.
I thought it was strange Britt was not drafted in EITHER of my 10-team leagues (16 rounds and 18 rounds). But yet we drafted these guys:

Patterson, Cordarrelle MIN WR ®

Heyward-Bey, Darrius IND WR

Little, Greg CLE WR

Woods, Robert BUF WR ®

Patton, Quinton SFO WR ®

Based on this, I fully expect Britt to blow up and start off the season like he did in 2011.

Between Locker, constant off field issues & injury woes, Kendall Wright/Washington/1st round pick investment in Hunter & his impending FA where it's hard to envision the TItans keeping him, I'd avoid at all costs.

Best thing that could happen for the Titans is he starts out on fire and deal him for anything whatsoever. Can't envision them investing a decent contract on him given his off & on field issues along with Wright & Hunter. On a team that's not likely to be good, I don't see the purpose in them playing Britt much when they fall out of contention. I wouldn't be shocked if he didn't even finish the year on the team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Britt's my #4 WR behind Dez, Reggie Wayne and Cecil Shorts. Need him primarily for bye-week filler, but if he can stay upright and out of jail he may produce very good numbers.

He's the perfect WR4 IMO. Huge upside. You can get a decent bye week fill-in off ww in most leagues anyway. Bench depth IMO should be for that upside.

Same deal here. He's my #3 in the league I care about. Limping around all year last season, he was just off 1000yd pace. There is no reason for him to play in the 4th preseason game, so I see no reason to fret about this. I'm more than willing to let the season play out and see if he can muster one or two good games in the 1st four weeks of the season. He is talented, and still young and an upside play. And yes, I'm probably overly optimistic about him, but I like the patience the coaching staff is showing with him. They might be thinking the same thing
I like him as an upside play, but what part of 589 yards in 14 games equates to "just off 1000 yd pace"???

I think Locker's presence makes Britt an even riskier play. He's got one of the best chances for 1200/10 out of the guys in his ADP range, but his floor is really low, too.

Rotoworld:

Coach Mike Munchak said Wednesday he has "no problem" with Kenny Britt.

Britt stood by his Tuesday tweet that said the Titans are "pullin that Jared Cook card." The Titans still aren't going to take any disciplinary action. Although Britt was briefly benched for lazy blocking, holding penalties and mistakes in Week 2, he projects as a starter again in Week 3. He's a fantasy bench stash to see if he can get his head on straight -- or perhaps get traded to a better situation.

Sep 19 - 10:03 AM

Kenny Britt tweeted Tuesday he believes the Titans are "pullin' that Jared Cook card," and that 2013 will be his last season in Tennessee.

Oh boy. Britt is likely on to something — it seems quite likely he'll be allowed to walk in free agency — but his situation differs from Cook's in that he's actually been given a chance to make plays the past two seasons, he just hasn't. Nevertheless, it's an amusing metaphor. Benched for a stretch of Sunday's loss in Houston, Britt has just five catches through two games, and has graded out as a bottom-four receiver in Pro Football Focus' ratings. His tweet, which will likely soon be deleted, will only land him further in the doghouse.

Sep 17 - 1:47 PM

Source: Kenny Britt on Twitter
Kenny Britt was benched for a stretch of the Week 2 loss at Houston because "coaches were tired of his mistakes and his lackadaisical approach to blocking."

The benching was brief as Britt ended up playing on 62-of-72 snaps. It's still a bad sign that the mercurial talent is five years into the league and still making errors that infuriate coaches. His routes have lacked precision and he's been hit with two holding penalties. Britt has just five catches for 43 yards and no touchdowns through two games, leaving himself as bench fodder in fantasy formats.

Sep 17 - 9:11 AM

Users who are viewing this thread