What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (2 Viewers)

Who would be the Second Best receiver to have on the Saints Now?Is it Moore?
When everyone was healthy the passing game was pretty much:1. Graham2. Colston3. Moore4. SprolesI think everyone moves up a notch if Graham is out although like I posted before I think Colston and Sproles dominate the Red Zone targets.

No doubt, losing Graham could make the difference between making and missing the playoffs. Teams who spent a high pick on him banked on having a major upgrade at TE over other teams and most likely came at the expense of having good RB or WR depth. If you're 5-1 or 4-2 you might be able to survive and get him back in time for the stretch run.

Last edited by a moderator:
It depends on your league, of course. In mine, the best TEs available on the WW are Fleener and Joel Dreessen. Neither one of them comes close to Graham's floor. I'm assuming Rudolph is gone in all but the smallest of leagues. I'd be interested in who you think has a floor of 12-15 points per week in PPR who could be available? I'm screwed if Graham's out for an extended period. Hopefully other Graham owners have better chances to replace him but I'm toast at the position without him.
Short answer is nobody. And Dreesen is on bye this week so it's Fleener by default. Both are 6 to 10 point guys in PPR, but it's better than nothing I guess. Just hope you can ride the regular season out and survive to the playoffs when you should get Graham back. Good luck!

I've been in a TE pinch in one league every since Hern went down. You guys might want to look at..

Myers - Seemingly has a low PPR floor but no real ceiling to speak of. You guys keep mentioning Fleener, however Myers seems to do better on a more consistent basis. He doesn't have someone like Dwayne Allen stealing targets. 5-7/50-60/0 seems to be the norm with him.

Coby Fleener/Dwayne Allen - Fleener has gotten a couple RZ looks this season but I think they're mostly being hogged by Allen. Allen has a higher ceiling due to the TD potential but a much lower floor. They both hurt each other.

Dustin Keller - No idea how healthy he is at this point but I'd have to imagine he's the highest upside option here. If he puts in full practices this week he may be worth looking at.

Mercedes Lewis - Dwayne Allen 2.0.

Lance Kendricks - Has seen a bump in production, albeit a small one since Amendola exited. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Rob Housler - ARI likes his upside although we haven't seen much yet. The kicker is that Kolb will be sidelined for a stint with Skelton getting the nod for the immediate future. We've yet to see how Skelton will utilize Housler.

Sorry if this seems a bit off topic, I just thought it might help someone weigh their options. This is the crap I have/had to look at lol.

guess we will get some real news tomorrow. From reading this thread it sounds like no one expects him to play this week. I got heath miller to take his spot. hard to get excited about heath miller though. maybe he only misses 1-2 more games? :unsure: :unsure: :confused:

Well, I went ahead and traded Graham and Hixon for VJax and Pettigrew. It was accepted almost immediately. I'd feel a little bad if Graham misses significant time, but that's the other guy's fault for not doing work. Oh yeah, I also have Tony G ;)

Man, that stinks. I was hoping he'd make it back sooner. Somebody dropped Gresham, so I have a decent replacement. My problem now is my bench is overflowing with guys that are hurt.

Graham - Hurt

F. Jackson - Just got back, looking OK

D. Murray - Hurt

Garcon - Hurt

D. Brown - Hurt

So basically bye weeks are doubly difficult.

I've been in a TE pinch in one league every since Hern went down. You guys might want to look at..

Myers - Seemingly has a low PPR floor but no real ceiling to speak of. You guys keep mentioning Fleener, however Myers seems to do better on a more consistent basis. He doesn't have someone like Dwayne Allen stealing targets. 5-7/50-60/0 seems to be the norm with him.

Coby Fleener/Dwayne Allen - Fleener has gotten a couple RZ looks this season but I think they're mostly being hogged by Allen. Allen has a higher ceiling due to the TD potential but a much lower floor. They both hurt each other.

Dustin Keller - No idea how healthy he is at this point but I'd have to imagine he's the highest upside option here. If he puts in full practices this week he may be worth looking at.

Mercedes Lewis - Dwayne Allen 2.0.

Lance Kendricks - Has seen a bump in production, albeit a small one since Amendola exited. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Rob Housler - ARI likes his upside although we haven't seen much yet. The kicker is that Kolb will be sidelined for a stint with Skelton getting the nod for the immediate future. We've yet to see how Skelton will utilize Housler.

Sorry if this seems a bit off topic, I just thought it might help someone weigh their options. This is the crap I have/had to look at lol.
I got Chandler as my TE#2 but I might dump him for Myers.

Jared cook or Fleener to replace graham?
Cook has seen a decrease in snaps in favor of Craig Stevens over the past 3-4 weeks. I'm assuming TEN realized Cook couldn't block to save his life. His usage is too erratic for me to trust him week to week.Fleener is a poor man's Brandon Myers, just look at the stats. Everyone needs to look past the "college connection" here.I'd go with Cook or Myers depending on if you need consistency or a home run hitter.

In shallow leagues, you might be able to scoop up a Gresham or Cook and get by with decent production. In deep leagues, you're probably screwed and looking at Dreesen.

Just noticed Olsen is out there on waivers in my league, owner needed room during Olsen's bye week. May be worth looking into.

Jared cook or Fleener to replace graham?
Cook has seen a decrease in snaps in favor of Craig Stevens over the past 3-4 weeks. I'm assuming TEN realized Cook couldn't block to save his life. His usage is too erratic for me to trust him week to week.Fleener is a poor man's Brandon Myers, just look at the stats. Everyone needs to look past the "college connection" here.I'd go with Cook or Myers depending on if you need consistency or a home run hitter.
Thanks. Should probably try and sell graham while I can.

MOTHEREFFER!!!

I have him in a keeper league and scooped up Cook last week. Was planning on cutting cook tomorrow when waivers hit. Guess I won't be doing that. Cook or Olsen for the next 3 weeks?

all you guys selling might want to wait until we have something official... we have not heard anything yet

Graham's line right now projects out to 80 for 800 and 10 TDs. That's not what you used a 1st or 2nd round pick for. If you can still get something close to 1st or 2nd round value for him, I'd certainly try to do it before any bad news breaks.

I'm a now former Owner of Graham, and still a huge fan, but I just wasn't seeing it this year. Defenses have adjusted, Brees has backed off, and Graham is running almost no downfield routes. His TDs were all basically Goal Line plays. He's running drag routes on almost every play with an occasional seam in there (that hasn't connected all year.)

Graham's line right now projects out to 80 for 800 and 10 TDs. That's not what you used a 1st or 2nd round pick for. If you can still get something close to 1st or 2nd round value for him, I'd certainly try to do it before any bad news breaks.I'm a now former Owner of Graham, and still a huge fan, but I just wasn't seeing it this year. Defenses have adjusted, Brees has backed off, and Graham is running almost no downfield routes. His TDs were all basically Goal Line plays. He's running drag routes on almost every play with an occasional seam in there (that hasn't connected all year.)
You're counting his 1 catch 4 yard game in which he limped around and got 2 targets? He had a TD in 75% of his healthy games. I can live with that.

There's nothing on rotoworld. Why all the gloom and doom?
Reading the tea leaves, it sounds like this is not a minor injury that magically healed during the bye week.We haven't gotten word yet since practices resume tomorrow. We may get a bit more info tomorrow, but given how many teams are typically not very forthcoming with injuries, it may be nothing more than "Jimmy Graham did not practice today."May not be confirmed until later in the week.

all you guys selling might want to wait until we have something official... we have not heard anything yet
It really depends on your fallback options. If you have a decent replacement I would deal him if someone is willing to pay even 80%. If he's ruled out a month you aren't getting anything close in return.

Graham's line right now projects out to 80 for 800 and 10 TDs. That's not what you used a 1st or 2nd round pick for. If you can still get something close to 1st or 2nd round value for him, I'd certainly try to do it before any bad news breaks.I'm a now former Owner of Graham, and still a huge fan, but I just wasn't seeing it this year. Defenses have adjusted, Brees has backed off, and Graham is running almost no downfield routes. His TDs were all basically Goal Line plays. He's running drag routes on almost every play with an occasional seam in there (that hasn't connected all year.)
That's his floor and the team has played like doo. Even I those end up being his #s that is exceptional te advantage (also skewed by he .4 game where he was hurt)

What's the thought on those that Don't Have to use a TE but had Graham as a receiver?

Is it worth holding out if you need fill in work now? (will he be worth a lot so stash him) ?

Rumor in Nola is 3-6 weeks high ankle sprain; I'm a local.

Edit--yeah, didn't see you had the SR link, but that's what I was referring to

I'm surprised none of the Saints' beat writers are trying to get out in front of this story. Even if it's only a rumor, they could attempt to debunk it. The Saints have a lot of really terrific beat writers who cover the team but they seem to be dropping the ball on this story.

I'm surprised none of the Saints' beat writers are trying to get out in front of this story. Even if it's only a rumor, they could attempt to debunk it. The Saints have a lot of really terrific beat writers who cover the team but they seem to be dropping the ball on this story.
maybe because its not a concern

maybe because its a not a concern
That's also a story. Reporting that arguably the team's second-best offensive player is good to go for Week 7 is a story that I think Saints fans would be interested in.

Have Rudolph backing him up so I'll hold, but New Orleans wouldn't run out one of their top offensive weapons for 3 quarters on a high ankle sprain, would they? This seems overblown to me, not one outlet is talking about this.

Could have to do with the writers wanting to keep relations with the team amicable.Payton banned a WWL reporter from the team basically because he reported Roman Harper's knee injury on a Monday before injury report was due. (few years ago; guy is now not employed I think)

'BlueDredSo said:
Well, I went ahead and traded Graham and Hixon for VJax and Pettigrew. It was accepted almost immediately. I'd feel a little bad if Graham misses significant time, but that's the other guy's fault for not doing work. Oh yeah, I also have Tony G ;)
:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread