Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
togo

Jimmy Graham?

After how well harbor did last week, I'm planning to leave him in even if Graham does play...

I cant be reading this right. You are going to bench Graham for Harbor because he played well one week?

After how well harbor did last week, I'm planning to leave him in even if Graham does play...

I cant be reading this right. You are going to bench Graham for Harbor because he played well one week?

And because Graham is coming off an injury with several missed practices this week.

And because Graham is coming off an injury with several missed practices this week.

I may be wrong, but havent players done well after missed practices and being injured before?

But that doesnt trump the other guy being a ####### JAGUAR

I may be wrong, but havent players done well after missed practices and being injured before?

Yes, and there have been other times where they come back and do nothing, like Calvin did to me earlier this year.

But that doesnt trump the other guy being a ####### JAGUAR

He was a Jaguar last week when he went for 90 yards and a TD.

#saints TE Jimmy Graham, on if he would rather be used only in red-zone situations v Detroit: Who wouldn't? I'd do that for the next 20 yrs!

TE Jimmy Graham suggests it may be Sunday morning decision on whether he plays against Lions. "We'll see come Sunday."

#Saints TE Jimmy Graham said he still doesn't know if he'll play. Thinks it could come down to coach's evaluation pregame Sunday

#saints TE Jimmy Graham, after hurting his shoulder v. TB: I played until I couldn't move it anymore.

Edited by Jerry Curl

Surprised as anyone that he may play this week. Glad it looks like he won't be out for a few more weeks, but I'm not thrilled they may rush him back. I'd rather they let him fully heal first. I feel like they rushed him last year with his foot thing and he ended up playing at far less than 100% for most of the season.

That said, if Jimmy plays he's in my starting lineup.

This is my 4th year of owning him and trust me, even in a limited capacity he's well-worth the start. Last year I remember his first week back from injury he only played on like 20 snaps or something when they were in the red zone. He had like 3 catches for 15 yards....and 2 TDs.

I love when fantasy news sites state the obvious as if it is news, but saw this just now and figured I would share it here since I have not seen it posted yet.

The New Orleans Times-Picaune suggests Jimmy Graham (shoulder, questionable) could be a situational red-zone player if active Sunday.

We've seen the Saints do this with Graham before, as recently as last season when he often played limited snaps while battling foot and elbow injuries. He was still dominant, closing the season with six touchdowns in the last six games despite playing on just 69.2 percent of the snaps during that span. The bottom line is that if Graham suits up Sunday, he has to be in lineups regardless of role. "It's an injury. It's just like all the other ones I've ever had," he said, reiterating his status as a true game-time call. "It's painful, but we'll see. Maybe in two days I'll feel better."

Watching that video of him, he didn't move his right arm at all, Everything he did was with his left, hand motions, stretching, grabbing his face.

Who knows if that even means anything but the video was pretty coy.

Watching that video of him, he didn't move his right arm at all, Everything he did was with his left, hand motions, stretching, grabbing his face.

Who knows if that even means anything but the video was pretty coy.

He did shrug his shoulders a couple times which would at the very least be mildly painful with a shoulder sprain. :shrug:

Rappaport = :doh:

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet

From @AlbertBreer & me: #Saints TE Jimmy Graham is a game-time decision but has a great chance to play. Remarkable turnaround from last week

Saints TE Jimmy Graham plans to play today vs. Lions, but also wants to test shoulder pre-game first before making it official, per source.

So for now, Saints TE Jimmy Graham is expected to play, though not expected to start due to shoulder injury. Will test injury in pregame.

Remarkable, or your reporting Rappaport is absolutely a disgrace. This is the exact reason I wait for active/inactive lists before I ever panic, I just dont rely on a reporter who is trying to get clicks, retweets, follows or likes. They may break info, but the one bad mistake of reporting to get attention is all I will notice.

Remember, NOT ONE OTHER REPORTER REPORTED HE WOULD BE OUT 2-3 WEEKS, but every fantasy source was stating it as certainty including many on here just because Rappaport said so.

Rappaport deserves any backlash he will get for reporting a stud will be out 2-3 weeks and actually may play without missing time.

Edited by Jerry Curl

rappaport reported that a source told him graham would be out 2-3 games. seems fine to me. i suppose he coulda clarified how trusted the source was but i didnt read rapp claiming it was a certainty. just that a source told him something.

• Like 2

rappaport reported that a source told him graham would be out 2-3 games. seems fine to me. i suppose he coulda clarified how trusted the source was but i didnt read rapp claiming it was a certainty. just that a source told him something.

Wasn't Rappaport the one who said Ellington would be out several weeks as well?

If Graham plays, I wouldn't sit him for anything. I remember last year they said Graham would be limited against the Jets, and he had a big game.

Saying someone is out 2-3 weeks is certainty that you expected him to miss this week.

Exactly. A source told him 2-3 weeks. The source was either wrong, lying, or graham healed quicker. I dont see the big deal. Nothing wrong with his reporting imo

• Like 1

So we starting him only as a redzone threat? My backup is harbor so i think its a no brainer

I'm worried that he will get Megatron'd and act as a decoy in the redzone. I can see this being one of those days where they bring in Graham on RZ packages and then Josh Hill ends up getting the TD. You know that if he only comes on the field for redzone plays, the Lions are going to be absolutely blanketing him. Given that he's not 100% on top of that makes me feel like this game has a relatively high likelihood of being a total bust for Graham owners.

If the news we're hearing about his usage is accurate, his floor is 0, his ceiling is probably 2 catches for 18 yards and 2 TDs. I wouldn't blame anyone for benching him here for a reasonable backup. I have him in two leagues myself, and I'm debating it.

• Like 1

Exactly. A source told him 2-3 weeks. The source was either wrong, lying, or graham healed quicker. I dont see the big deal. Nothing wrong with his reporting imo

No, not exactly.

You are as good as the sources you decide to use and your reporting.

Sources are absolutely, positively not excuses.

This is 100% Rappaport's fault, no one else's.

• Like 1

Here we go again, just because reports are saying he will be used as a RZ threat means that is certainty. Have we not learned anything yet, stop taking faith in what the reporters say 100%. It is good to have the information they provide, but just to default take them at their word is not smart.

Maybe they use him more and are still just feeding the reporters crap because they know they will report it.

So if someone walks up to you on the street says their is a bomb in your building and you run around the hallways screaming bomb as you walk in and it turns out to be fake, are they blaming the guy on the street for telling you or you for screaming it?

Reporters are responsible for their reporting, not their sources. Not ever.

Well it seems pretty clear with the latest reports and Crabtree getting cut that he's going to be active. With Watson and Hill at least competent, Graham will likely be a red zone threat/3rd down option only.

So the question becomes if we look at the TE rankings this week which previously had Graham out, where do we draw the line between guys you'd still start over Graham and guys you start Graham over? Obviously if you have a pretty reliable option such as Julius Thomas, you start your alternative, and if you were reaching with a guy like Jermaine Gresham, you start Graham. What about guys like Kelce, Cameron, Walker, etc though?

FWIW, on their default standard scoring rankings, Bloom has placed Graham 7th, while the Dodds rankings haven't been updated yet.

Obviously if you have a pretty reliable option such as Julius Thomas, you start your alternative, and if you were reaching with a guy like Jermaine Gresham, you start Graham. What about guys like Kelce, Cameron, Walker, etc though?

Dont make me pull the stats, but Graham has done well in limited roles and in 100% roles.

There's always a chance of decoy and/or re-injure mid-game, but most of us cant afford to not take that risk given his prolific history...so he's a must start for the super-majority of us if he's active.

I currently have him on my bench. Starting Oliver at RB/D.Allen at TE. Flexing Ben Tate, he is getting tons of carries and Jax isn't very good vs. the run currently. It is a 1.5ppr for Te's, but I don't expect a ton of targets for Graham, just always hard to bench a stud like him.

Edited by ClownDogs

I really hate this. I got burned earlier this year with Brandon Marshall and his ankle. Said he wasn't going to play, then was a GTD, and ended up scoring 3 TDs on my bench.

Other times, I've gotten burned with Calvin, where he is a GTD and plays and then is used as a decoy and goes 2 for 18.

I'm really lost on what to do here. I have Donnell on standby but obviously he's a less than exciting option.

Edited by hotlanta
  • Like 1

I really hate this. I got burned earlier this year with Brandon Marshall and his ankle. Said he wasn't going to play, then was a GTD, and ended up scoring 3 TDs on my bench.

Other times, I've gotten burned with Calvin, where he is a GTD and plays and then is used as a decoy and goes 2 for 18.

I'm really lost on what to do here. I have Donnell on standby but obviously he's a less than exciting option.

I think he's a no-brainer over Donnell.

I have to decide whether to start him over Delanie Walker. Leaning Walker right now. Safe floor.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000412788/article/saints-jimmy-graham-likely-to-play-against-lions

Gotta start him since my other options aren't too appealing.

This game kind of smells...everyone seems to think the ferocious Lions D will stop NO dead in their tracks. As a Lions fan for 50+ years I've learned my lesson. Just when you think things are going your way, they don't. Perhaps my double pyschology will allow the Lions to keep their ROAR. Brees to Graham for a couple scores and 40 yards. Lions 26 Saints 23 in OT.

I totally understand the rationale behind starting him even if he's only going to be in for RZ packages since we've seen this before but am I the only one who thinks an AC joint sprain is initially going to be worse in this situation than a torn plantar fascia? It has to be more difficult to extend and make catches with a bum shoulder than it is with a bum foot. It's funny, if it were a similar injury to the one he had last year I'd feel more comfortable starting him right now.

• Like 1

Glazer just tweeted he has "Graham scoopage" on FS1 in 10 min. Maybe Rappaport is his source...

Glazer just tweeted he has "Graham scoopage" on FS1 in 10 min. Maybe Rappaport is his source...

ok...no biggie I guess, he says:

-Talked to Graham a few minutes ago

-No workouts/coaches-decision necessary

-Will report at noon exactly how he will be used

• Like 1

ok...no biggie I guess, he says:

-Talked to Graham a few minutes ago

-No workouts/coaches-decision necessary

-Will report at noon exactly how he will be used

Well, the fact that he didn't even need to "test" it is definitely positive. It almost certainly comes down to a pain management issue. I'd be surprised if we hear that they're going use him outside of the RZ however.

Well, I'll admit I have no idea what to do. Have a good option in Reed but have literally swapped them in and out for each other about 4737373 times in the past ten mins.

Well, I'll admit I have no idea what to do. Have a good option in Reed but have literally swapped them in and out for each other about 4737373 times in the past ten mins.

I have Reed over him in a couple of leagues(PPR). No-brainer for me to start Reed over him. But I am starting him in leagues where I didn't have a backup TE and was planning to roll with the likes of Harbor/Gresham/Clay/Heath. Even when he's banged up and on limited snaps, I feel like he has higher upside than those guys.

Problem with Graham is that the Saints do have a bunch of passing options for Brees, and even Hill and Watson are serviceable. So they may not necessarily *need* him a ton today, and against a ferocious defense like the Lions, they may want to indeed to limit him.

That said, he'll probably put up 10-150-2.

I have Reed over him in a couple of leagues(PPR). No-brainer for me to start Reed over him. But I am starting him in leagues where I didn't have a backup TE and was planning to roll with the likes of Harbor/Gresham/Clay/Heath. Even when he's banged up and on limited snaps, I feel like he has higher upside than those guys.

I'm leaning Reed as well, although it is non ppr.