What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (1 Viewer)

Brandon Myers a good option also.
I've been slogging through the last few weeks with Myers; he might not be sexy but he has teeth.
I guess because he plays for the Raiders and hasn't found the end zone, he kept lurking on the wire in one of my leagues. I went through Gates, Cook, Pitta, and Graham during that time. I picked up Myers and put him in for this week. I wish I had grabbed him sooner.I also like Packersfan suggestion's of Dreessen for this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an offer in from the Graham owner for Denarious Moore. Honestly haven't been following the Graham injury cause I do not own him. Any thoughts on his value moving forward?

I have an offer in from the Graham owner for Denarious Moore. Honestly haven't been following the Graham injury cause I do not own him. Any thoughts on his value moving forward?
Ummmm, rejected. No way anyone with sense takes that deal.

graham culd be out for the yr in redraft and that offer still doesn't get a legit look.

Ummmm, rejected. No way anyone with sense takes that deal.
You wouldn't trade Moore for Graham? I own Moore and would get Graham. The Graham owner offered it.
They thought out were offering. Reading comprehension ain't great around here.

Jimmy Graham (ankle) was limited in Wednesday's practice.According to coach Joe Vitt, Graham was limited to "land-based" activities, and "ran routes on air." Whatever that means. However, Vitt did add Graham looked "very, very good." Beat writer Mike Triplett believes Graham "still seems questionable," but is "obviously getting closer to a return." It's not a slam dunk that Graham is ready for Sunday's showdown with the Broncos, but there's reason for his owners to be optimistic.
The game is in Denver. Without Lil Tuna to guide them the Saints aren't sure if the playing surface is technically land or air. They are preparing for both. I think it has something to do with the altitude.

'unckeyherb said:
hit accept before he comes to his senses!

'just_want_2_win said:
'tombonneau said:
'Vector said:
I've been slogging through the last few weeks with Myers; he might not be sexy but he has teeth.
I guess because he plays for the Raiders and hasn't found the end zone, he kept lurking on the wire in one of my leagues. I went through Gates, Cook, Pitta, and Graham during that time. I picked up Myers and put him in for this week. I wish I had grabbed him sooner.I also like Packersfan suggestion's of Dreessen for this week.
:shock:

'just_want_2_win said:
I also like Packersfan suggestion's of Dreessen for this week.
Me too. I just picked him as insurance in case Graham can't go. The TE matchup against New Orleans turned Dallas Clark from a nobody to a fantasy stud last week. There are certainly worse fallback plans for Graham owners.

'just_want_2_win said:
'tombonneau said:
'Vector said:
Ha with me it was :wall: . TE has vexed one of my teams all season long. Here's the skinny:Week 1: I had drafted Gates. He hurt his ribs in week 1 and didn't do much.

Week 2: Signed Cook for week 2 because of Gates' injury and supposedly Nate Washington was going to be limited. Cook flopped.

Week 3: Signed Pitta, who at the time was on fire, and dropped Cook for week 3 because Gates still was questionable. Got a good game out of Pitta.

Week 4: For week 4, stuck with Pitta because of his high target count and Gates' non-production. Pitta flopped and it looked like Boldin and him would vie for targets.

Week 5: Sick of my TE issues, I made a trade and got Graham, who promptly got hurt in week 5. I knew Gates' schedule would improve but felt he looked so-so from what I had seen of him in games that that Floyd was the RZ target for Rivers.

Week 6: Graham went on bye in week 6 and Celek got the start (I actually had traded away Pitta separately and forgot to list Celek in my initial post above!) because of the good match up. Celek was ok.

Week 7: Week 7 saw Celek on bye. Because the WW was thin and I still not convinced about Myers, I reacquired Pitta on the cheap. I still didn't want to use Myers because he had trended down on receptions and points in weeks 1-4 and then went on bye, had no TDs, and Oakland's WR corps was starting to get healthy.

Week 8: I dropped Pitta because of the bye this week and signed Myers while also gunning for Dreessen just in case I can't start Graham.

Crazy, huh? :eek: I was too closed minded on Myers for too long and I also missed out on Heath Miller because I thought his production was the typical handful of good games he gets each year. Lesson learned.

'just_want_2_win said:
'tombonneau said:
'Vector said:
Ha with me it was :wall: . TE has vexed one of my teams all season long. Here's the skinny:Week 1: I had drafted Gates. He hurt his ribs in week 1 and didn't do much.

Week 2: Signed Cook for week 2 because of Gates' injury and supposedly Nate Washington was going to be limited. Cook flopped.

Week 3: Signed Pitta, who at the time was on fire, and dropped Cook for week 3 because Gates still was questionable. Got a good game out of Pitta.

Week 4: For week 4, stuck with Pitta because of his high target count and Gates' non-production. Pitta flopped.

Week 5: Sick of my TE issues, I made a trade and got Graham, who promptly got hurt in week 5.

Week 6: Graham went on bye in week 6 and Celek got the start (I actually had traded away Pitta separately and forgot to list Celek in my initial post above!) because of the good match up. Celek was ok.

Week 7: Week 7 saw Celek on bye. Because the WW was thin and I still not convinced about Myers, I reacquired Pitta on the cheap. I still didn't want to use Myers because he had trended down on receptions and points in weeks 1-4 and then went on bye, had no TDs, and Oakland's WR corps was starting to get healthy.

Week 8: I dropped Pitta because of the bye this week and signed Myers while also gunning for Dreessen just in case I can't start Graham.

Crazy, huh? :eek: I was too closed minded on Myers for too long and I also missed out on Heath Miller because I thought his production was the typical handful of good games he gets each year. Lesson learned.
tell me more... *leans forward*

'just_want_2_win said:
'tombonneau said:
'Vector said:

Week 4: For week 4, stuck with Pitta because of his high target count and Gates' non-production. Pitta flopped.

Week 5: Sick of my TE issues, I made a trade and got Graham, who promptly got hurt in week 5.

Be sure to come back and update us on how weeks 9 thru 16 go for you :thumbup:

'just_want_2_win said:
'tombonneau said:
'Vector said:

No way :no: ...the rest this story is slated to be on a reality show called "Fantasy Tight Ends" on TLC. I star as a verbose and over-reactive fantasy owner who puts the hex on any TE he owns or considers (and hence the value of my timeline above...now you all know who to avoid the rest of the year).

'just_want_2_win said:
'tombonneau said:
'Vector said:

No way :no: ...the rest this story is slated to be on a reality show called "Fantasy Tight Ends" on TLC. I star as a verbose and over-reactive fantasy owner who puts the hex on any TE he owns or considers (and hence the value of my timeline above...now you all know who to avoid the rest of the year).
If you get attacked in this thread, I will understand why.

'just_want_2_win said:
'tombonneau said:
'Vector said:

Week 4: For week 4, stuck with Pitta because of his high target count and Gates' non-production. Pitta flopped and it looked like Boldin and him would vie for targets.

Week 5: Sick of my TE issues, I made a trade and got Graham, who promptly got hurt in week 5. I knew Gates' schedule would improve but felt he looked so-so from what I had seen of him in games that that Floyd was the RZ target for Rivers.

Really? :rolleyes:

Uh, yeah. Back to the topic...

Mike Triplett ‏@TripTP #Saints TE Jimmy Graham was "about the same as yesterday" in practice. Limited to individual work/routes on air.

Doesn't sound real promising. :cry:

Ok, sorry about the other stuff, thought others might find it interesting, obviously not. Back on track, this just in from Rotoworld:

Jimmy Graham (ankle) was limited again in Thursday's practice.

According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Graham was "about the same as yesterday" in practice. He's been limited to individual drills and "routes on air." It's a bit disconcerting that Graham hasn't progressed thus far. For those owners with both Graham and Kyle Rudolph, we recommend waiting on Graham as long as David Thomas can be plugged in for a worst-case scenario.

Ok, sorry about the other stuff, thought others might find it interesting, obviously not. Back on track, this just in from Rotoworld:Jimmy Graham (ankle) was limited again in Thursday's practice.According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Graham was "about the same as yesterday" in practice. He's been limited to individual drills and "routes on air." It's a bit disconcerting that Graham hasn't progressed thus far. For those owners with both Graham and Kyle Rudolph, we recommend waiting on Graham as long as David Thomas can be plugged in for a worst-case scenario.
I am starting to think I need to see him play again before starting him....

Ok, sorry about the other stuff, thought others might find it interesting, obviously not. Back on track, this just in from Rotoworld:Jimmy Graham (ankle) was limited again in Thursday's practice.According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Graham was "about the same as yesterday" in practice. He's been limited to individual drills and "routes on air." It's a bit disconcerting that Graham hasn't progressed thus far. For those owners with both Graham and Kyle Rudolph, we recommend waiting on Graham as long as David Thomas can be plugged in for a worst-case scenario.
if he's a GTD scratch (hoping not), I might have to roll with Thomas.

Or better yet, grab Dreessen if he's available. If the Saints defense can make Dallas Clark look like the one in Indy, imagine the red zone targets that are going to be there for Dreessen. Rudolph the no catch reindeer can sit tonight.

Ok, sorry about the other stuff, thought others might find it interesting, obviously not. Back on track, this just in from Rotoworld:

According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, Graham was "about the same as yesterday" in practice. He's been limited to individual drills and "routes on air." It's a bit disconcerting that Graham hasn't progressed thus far. For those owners with both Graham and Kyle Rudolph, we recommend waiting on Graham as long as David Thomas can be plugged in for a worst-case scenario.
True. And I think he had a high-ankle sprain. The Saints are just being coy to complicate opponents' game planning. Graham hurt the ankle in week 5, had week 6 off for the bye, and still couldn't come back in week 7 and now still is limited in week 8.

High ankle sprain recoveries take 6 weeks or longer if grade 1 or 2. Grade 1 consists of stretching but no tearing of ligaments. Grade 2 involves ligament tearing. Grade 3 is a complete tear. Source: http://www.coreperformance.com/knowledge/injury-pain/high-ankle-sprain.html

Graham was able to stay on the field in week 5, so it's probably not a grade 3 sprain.

Even if it's not a high ankle sprain, he seems to have at least a grade 2 regular ankle sprain because he wasn't able to come back after a week or two. A grade 2 ankle sprain takes 4-6 weeks to recover from. Source: http://www.sprainedankle.me/recovery-time-sprained-ankle

If it's a regular ankle sprain of grade 2, Graham could miss week 8 and come back at the early end of the recovery time, which would seem not only possible but more likely for young athlete like him.

Obviously this is all speculation. Maybe he even plays Sunday. We have really no details other than he has been limited for now 3 weeks, which points to it being a significant sprain, high or not.

True. And I think he had a high-ankle sprain. The Saints are just being coy to complicate opponents' game planning. Graham hurt the ankle in week 5, had week 6 off for the bye, and still couldn't come back in week 7 and now still is limited in week 8.

High ankle sprain recoveries take 6 weeks or longer if grade 1 or 2. Grade 1 consists of stretching but no tearing of ligaments. Grade 2 involves ligament tearing. Grade 3 is a complete tear. Source: http://www.coreperformance.com/knowledge/injury-pain/high-ankle-sprain.html

Graham was able to stay on the field in week 5, so it's probably not a grade 3 sprain.

Even if it's not a high ankle sprain, he seems to have at least a grade 2 regular ankle sprain because he wasn't able to come back after a week or two. A grade 2 ankle sprain takes 4-6 weeks to recover from. Source: http://www.sprainedankle.me/recovery-time-sprained-ankle

If it's a regular ankle sprain of grade 2, Graham could miss week 8 and come back at the early end of the recovery time, which would seem not only possible but more likely for young athlete like him.

Obviously this is all speculation. Maybe he even plays Sunday. We have really no details other than he has been limited for now 3 weeks, which points to it being a significant sprain, high or not.
Good analysis there. Kinda made my decision to start Rudulph

I just locked in Rudolph over Graham as well.

Been burned by a "tough" Graham before. Nearly 3 weeks and still "practicing" off to the side - as JW2W so eloquently summarized/theorized - I completely agree with his theory.

Pass; as the reward is just not worth the risk as I see it.

Thanks for the info guys - with my roster locked, I guess I will be going with Rudolph over Graham. Can't afford a zero...oh wait...

I just locked in Rudolph over Graham as well. Been burned by a "tough" Graham before. Nearly 3 weeks and still "practicing" off to the side - as JW2W so eloquently summarized/theorized - I completely agree with his theory.Pass; as the reward is just not worth the risk as I see it.
:lmao:

Thanks for the info guys - with my roster locked, I guess I will be going with Rudolph over Graham. Can't afford a zero...oh wait...
How did that work out for you sharks?
Great, if Graham doesn't play :boxing:
2 catches for 17 yards? That's great?Wow, I would have taken my chances on Graham... like I am.
This is a similar scenario to the "Do I start Big Ben Thursday night or the banged up RG3?" A lot of people chose the safe route w/ Ben and missed out on a monster game by RG3. We don't know if this will play out the same way as we don't know what Graham's condition is yet but I would make a case to pass on the "safe" Thursday night player and wait for the "Upside/Stud" player later in the week. By choosing the latter though, you gotta have a back-up plan.

How did that work out for you sharks?
Great, if Graham doesn't play :boxing:
2 catches for 17 yards? That's great?Wow, I would have taken my chances on Graham... like I am.
This is a similar scenario to the "Do I start Big Ben Thursday night or the banged up RG3?" A lot of people chose the safe route w/ Ben and missed out on a monster game by RG3. We don't know if this will play out the same way as we don't know what Graham's condition is yet but I would make a case to pass on the "safe" Thursday night player and wait for the "Upside/Stud" player later in the week. By choosing the latter though, you gotta have a back-up plan.
This is the sort of headaches you get with Thursday games on a regular basis.

Graham officially a GTD: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/26/jimmy-graham-will-be-a-game-time-decision/

And then this tweet from Saints Columnist @TripTP:

#Saints TE Jimmy Graham said hes "definitely" coming along. still getting a lot of rehab on ankle. But 'If it was up to me Id play.Im good.'
I don't personally like the "If it was up to me" part of that statement. Probably reading too much, but just sounds very negative like Team Drs might already be setting him up for another rest.

From Rotoworld:

Jimmy Graham (ankle, questionable) is officially a game-time decision for Week 8 after getting in another limited practice on Friday.

The word comes straight from interim coach Joe Vitt. It's an upgrade on last week, where Graham didn't even make the Saints' trip to Tampa, but his status still appears to be in question. Making matters worse is the fact that New Orelans is playing in the Sunday night game. Owners with a viable backup may be better off leaving Graham benched even if he plays, while those with no TE2 would be wise to find one. Per beat writer Mike Triplett, Graham did "do more" on the practice field Friday. Hopefully we'll get a better read on his status by Sunday morning.

From Rotoworld:Jimmy Graham (ankle, questionable) is officially a game-time decision for Week 8 after getting in another limited practice on Friday.The word comes straight from interim coach Joe Vitt. It's an upgrade on last week, where Graham didn't even make the Saints' trip to Tampa, but his status still appears to be in question. Making matters worse is the fact that New Orelans is playing in the Sunday night game. Owners with a viable backup may be better off leaving Graham benched even if he plays, while those with no TE2 would be wise to find one. Per beat writer Mike Triplett, Graham did "do more" on the practice field Friday. Hopefully we'll get a better read on his status by Sunday morning.
See, this is why picking up Joel Dreessen as insurance for Jimmy Graham works. You don't have to worry about the late Sunday Night start.

From Rotoworld:Jimmy Graham (ankle, questionable) is officially a game-time decision for Week 8 after getting in another limited practice on Friday.The word comes straight from interim coach Joe Vitt. It's an upgrade on last week, where Graham didn't even make the Saints' trip to Tampa, but his status still appears to be in question. Making matters worse is the fact that New Orelans is playing in the Sunday night game. Owners with a viable backup may be better off leaving Graham benched even if he plays, while those with no TE2 would be wise to find one. Per beat writer Mike Triplett, Graham did "do more" on the practice field Friday. Hopefully we'll get a better read on his status by Sunday morning.
See, this is why picking up Joel Dreessen as insurance for Jimmy Graham works. You don't have to worry about the late Sunday Night start.
Agree with this. I handcuffed with Dave Thomas, but only because Fred Davis owner snagged Dreesen ahead of me, and Gresham is on bye. So Dreesen is a good WW backup, Dave Thomas is more of a desperation move...

for those Graham owners still able to mess with his lineup spot.....this is my suggestion since it is a Sunday night game...

real good chance that a Saint/Bronco/Cardinal/SF TE is available on your WW...

Thomas

Housler

Dressen

D. Walker

I would roster one of these guys and then see what the pregame reports are.....NBC pregame does a pretty good job showing you what is going on on the field prior to their games...you should get a pretty good look at Graham....

make your decision at the last minute and just roll with it if you have to plug one of these guys in....some points are better than none....sometimes this is just the type of hit you have to deal with during a season....

eta fwiw: Skelton seems to like Housler...and even tho they play SF....he might be a decent option

More on Graham from Rotowrold LINK

Jimmy Graham (questionable, ankle) insisted Friday that he's "definitely" coming along after practicing in limited fashion for a third straight day.

Graham remains a game-time decision for Sunday night's tilt with the Broncos, but he's optimistic. "If it was up to me, I'd play," said Graham. "I'm good." There should be more reports on Graham's availability by Sunday morning. We think his personal comments are encouraging, but they also hint that the Saints' medical staff will be deciding Sunday whether he is going to face Denver.

More on Graham from Rotowrold LINK

Jimmy Graham (questionable, ankle) insisted Friday that he's "definitely" coming along after practicing in limited fashion for a third straight day.

Graham remains a game-time decision for Sunday night's tilt with the Broncos, but he's optimistic. "If it was up to me, I'd play," said Graham. "I'm good." There should be more reports on Graham's availability by Sunday morning. We think his personal comments are encouraging, but they also hint that the Saints' medical staff will be deciding Sunday whether he is going to face Denver.
I don't think people should count on the bolded. No reason to determine and reveal any information prior to right before gametime at this point. Anything you hear Sunday morning could change by 6:30 pm mst.

for those Graham owners still able to mess with his lineup spot.....this is my suggestion since it is a Sunday night game...real good chance that a Saint/Bronco/Cardinal/SF TE is available on your WW...ThomasHouslerDressenD. WalkerI would roster one of these guys and then see what the pregame reports are.....NBC pregame does a pretty good job showing you what is going on on the field prior to their games...you should get a pretty good look at Graham....make your decision at the last minute and just roll with it if you have to plug one of these guys in....some points are better than none....sometimes this is just the type of hit you have to deal with during a season....eta fwiw: Skelton seems to like Housler...and even tho they play SF....he might be a decent option
Are you assuming Tamme is rostered? Or do you think Dreesen is the guy to have?

for those Graham owners still able to mess with his lineup spot.....this is my suggestion since it is a Sunday night game...real good chance that a Saint/Bronco/Cardinal/SF TE is available on your WW...ThomasHouslerDressenD. WalkerI would roster one of these guys and then see what the pregame reports are.....NBC pregame does a pretty good job showing you what is going on on the field prior to their games...you should get a pretty good look at Graham....make your decision at the last minute and just roll with it if you have to plug one of these guys in....some points are better than none....sometimes this is just the type of hit you have to deal with during a season....eta fwiw: Skelton seems to like Housler...and even tho they play SF....he might be a decent option
Are you assuming Tamme is rostered? Or do you think Dreesen is the guy to have?
This is a good strategy. Good post. Both Tamme & Fleener are available in my league. I'm not following the TE situation in Denver. Dreesen has more FP but universally Tamme still higher ranking going forward.Anyone have any insight they care to share as to who is guy to own?

Answering my own question looks like for last 4 weeks (week 4 - 7)

Player Pos Tm Targets Rec Rec % Utilized Plays Run Att1 Rob Gronkowski TE NEP 33 21 63.6 33.0 02 Jason Witten TE DAL 29 25 86.2 29.0 03 Kyle Rudolph TE MIN 27 12 44.4 27.0 04 Tony Gonzalez TE ATL 26 22 84.6 26.0 05 Owen Daniels TE HOU 26 20 76.9 26.0 06 Jermaine Gresham TE CIN 23 16 69.6 23.0 07 Heath Miller TE PIT 22 16 72.7 22.0 08 Brandon Pettigrew TE DET 22 15 68.2 22.0 09 Scott Chandler TE BUF 21 11 52.4 21.0 010 Jared Cook TE TEN 21 14 66.7 21.0 011 Antonio Gates TE SDC 20 12 60.0 20.0 012 Dennis Pitta TE BAL 19 12 63.2 19.0 013 Rob Housler TE ARI 19 12 63.2 19.0 014 Brandon Myers TE OAK 19 13 68.4 19.0 015 Jacob Tamme TE DEN 19 13 68.4 19.0 016 Brent Celek TE PHI 18 11 61.1 18.0 017 Coby Fleener TE IND 17 11 64.7 17.0 018 Benjamin Watson TE CLE 17 11 64.7 17.0 019 Jermichael Finley TE GBP 16 11 68.8 16.0 020 Aaron Hernandez TE NEP 16 11 68.8 16.0 021 Martellus Bennett TE NYG 16 10 62.5 16.0 022 Anthony Fasano TE MIA 15 12 80.0 15.0 023 Fred Davis TE WAS 15 13 86.7 15.0 024 Greg Olsen TE CAR 15 12 80.0 15.0 025 Vernon Davis TE SFO 14 10 71.4 14.0 026 Joel Dreessen TE DEN 14 12 85.7 14.0 0Read more: http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-football/targets/#ixzz2ASmBHBUa
Tamme leads slightly in targets & catches. But my Bronco homer buddy says Dreesen is the guy to own, Manning likes him more (numbers be damned I guess?) and that he is more of big play guy. Though the YPC hardly bear that out. They are nearly identical stat-wise though Dreesen leading in TDs, not sure if that is function of RZ targets?

Code:
NAME	G	TARG	REC	YD	Y/R	TD	FPTJoel Dreessen	6	23	17	153	9.0	3	33.3Jacob Tamme	6	38	23	202	8.8	1	26.2

Code:
Player 	Pos 	Tm 	Targets 	Rec 	Rec % 	Utilized Plays 	Run Att1	Rob Gronkowski	TE	NEP	33	21	63.6	33.0	02	Jason Witten	TE	DAL	29	25	86.2	29.0	03	Kyle Rudolph	TE	MIN	27	12	44.4	27.0	04	Tony Gonzalez	TE	ATL	26	22	84.6	26.0	05	Owen Daniels	TE	HOU	26	20	76.9	26.0	06	Jermaine Gresham	TE	CIN	23	16	69.6	23.0	07	Heath Miller	TE	PIT	22	16	72.7	22.0	08	Brandon Pettigrew	TE	DET	22	15	68.2	22.0	09	Scott Chandler	TE	BUF	21	11	52.4	21.0	010	Jared Cook	TE	TEN	21	14	66.7	21.0	011	Antonio Gates	TE	SDC	20	12	60.0	20.0	012	Dennis Pitta	TE	BAL	19	12	63.2	19.0	013	Rob Housler	TE	ARI	19	12	63.2	19.0	014	Brandon Myers	TE	OAK	19	13	68.4	19.0	015	Jacob Tamme	TE	DEN	19	13	68.4	19.0	016	Brent Celek	TE	PHI	18	11	61.1	18.0	017	Coby Fleener	TE	IND	17	11	64.7	17.0	018	Benjamin Watson	TE	CLE	17	11	64.7	17.0	019	Jermichael Finley	TE	GBP	16	11	68.8	16.0	020	Aaron Hernandez	TE	NEP	16	11	68.8	16.0	021	Martellus Bennett	TE	NYG	16	10	62.5	16.0	022	Anthony Fasano	TE	MIA	15	12	80.0	15.0	023	Fred Davis	TE	WAS	15	13	86.7	15.0	024	Greg Olsen	TE	CAR	15	12	80.0	15.0	025	Vernon Davis	TE	SFO	14	10	71.4	14.0	026	Joel Dreessen	TE	DEN	14	12	85.7	14.0	0Read more: [URL="http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-football/targets/#ixzz2ASmBHBUa"]http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-football/targets/#ixzz2ASmBHBUa[/URL]
Tamme leads slightly in targets & catches. But my Bronco homer buddy says Dreesen is the guy to own, Manning likes him more (numbers be damned I guess?) and that he is more of big play guy. Though the YPC hardly bear that out. They are nearly identical stat-wise though Dreesen leading in TDs, not sure if that is function of RZ targets?
Code:
NAME	G	TARG	REC	YD	Y/R	TD	FPTJoel Dreessen	6	23	17	153	9.0	3	33.3Jacob Tamme	6	38	23	202	8.8	1	26.2
This Bronco homer says Dreessen has been a better RZ target, but Tamme is a better 3rd down target. I suspect Dreessen is a better blocker and so he is on the field more in the RZ, keeping the running game a better option. However, between the 20's, Tamme (or Stokley) is the guy Peyton throws to when he needs a first down. I personally think both are worth having, but I prefer Tamme as he is more consistent FF wise (my opinion). There have been, and will be, games where Dreessen wins, but Tamme is the long-term play.

Code:
Player 	Pos 	Tm 	Targets 	Rec 	Rec % 	Utilized Plays 	Run Att1	Rob Gronkowski	TE	NEP	33	21	63.6	33.0	02	Jason Witten	TE	DAL	29	25	86.2	29.0	03	Kyle Rudolph	TE	MIN	27	12	44.4	27.0	04	Tony Gonzalez	TE	ATL	26	22	84.6	26.0	05	Owen Daniels	TE	HOU	26	20	76.9	26.0	06	Jermaine Gresham	TE	CIN	23	16	69.6	23.0	07	Heath Miller	TE	PIT	22	16	72.7	22.0	08	Brandon Pettigrew	TE	DET	22	15	68.2	22.0	09	Scott Chandler	TE	BUF	21	11	52.4	21.0	010	Jared Cook	TE	TEN	21	14	66.7	21.0	011	Antonio Gates	TE	SDC	20	12	60.0	20.0	012	Dennis Pitta	TE	BAL	19	12	63.2	19.0	013	Rob Housler	TE	ARI	19	12	63.2	19.0	014	Brandon Myers	TE	OAK	19	13	68.4	19.0	015	Jacob Tamme	TE	DEN	19	13	68.4	19.0	016	Brent Celek	TE	PHI	18	11	61.1	18.0	017	Coby Fleener	TE	IND	17	11	64.7	17.0	018	Benjamin Watson	TE	CLE	17	11	64.7	17.0	019	Jermichael Finley	TE	GBP	16	11	68.8	16.0	020	Aaron Hernandez	TE	NEP	16	11	68.8	16.0	021	Martellus Bennett	TE	NYG	16	10	62.5	16.0	022	Anthony Fasano	TE	MIA	15	12	80.0	15.0	023	Fred Davis	TE	WAS	15	13	86.7	15.0	024	Greg Olsen	TE	CAR	15	12	80.0	15.0	025	Vernon Davis	TE	SFO	14	10	71.4	14.0	026	Joel Dreessen	TE	DEN	14	12	85.7	14.0	0Read more: [URL="http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-football/targets/#ixzz2ASmBHBUa"]http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-football/targets/#ixzz2ASmBHBUa[/URL]
Code:
This Bronco homer says Dreessen has been a better RZ target, but Tamme is a better 3rd down target. I suspect Dreessen is a better blocker and so he is on the field more in the RZ, keeping the running game a better option. However, between the 20's, Tamme (or Stokley) is the guy Peyton throws to when he needs a first down. I personally think both are worth having, but I prefer Tamme as he is more consistent FF wise (my opinion). There have been, and will be, games where Dreessen wins, but Tamme is the long-term play.
Thanks for input. Someone picked up Dreesen before I could make up my mind which made my decision easy. Always nice when that happens. ;)I agree Tamme seems like more consistent long term play while Dreesen has more td potential.

Anyone care to talk about Jimmy Graham :stalker:
Well he caught the flight, can tell you that much.The man is tough, if he's announced he's active I'd play him. gotta expect a shootout in Denver no less, right?
I don't think Denver has anyone that can cover him. Von Miller lines up over the top of the LB @ SLB, but if he's chasing the TE around, it's a waste of his talents. Brooking is ancient, as is Leonhard. If Graham plays, he's a must start.

Users who are viewing this thread