What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TE Jimmy Graham, CHI (3 Viewers)

Rotoworld from just before the start of the game:

USA Today's Tom Pelissero reports Jimmy Graham (foot) was moving "fine" in pre-game workouts Sunday, and "seems jacked up."
There are still likely to be limitations on Graham's snap count, but he's going to be a good bet for touchdowns as long as he's an integral part of New Orleans' red-zone offense. Start him as a top-five TE1 against the Jets.

Source: Tim Pelissero on Twitter

People can yap about Gronk all they want, but there isn't much doubt as to who is the best TE in the league right now. Hint: he plays for the Saints. ;)

People can yap about Gronk all they want, but there isn't much doubt as to who is the best TE in the league right now. Hint: he plays for the Saints. ;)
Jimmy Graham's level is what Gronkowski is hoping to get back to. Even if he makes it back, his injury risk knocks him down a notch imo.

It's ridiculous what this guy does every damn week.
Except against New England. In that case, it was ridiculous that NE was able to shut him down the way they did. Unreal. It's weird that other teams haven't been able to copy their strategy and replicate their success, at least to some degree. It's like that week never happened.

It's ridiculous what this guy does every damn week.
Except against New England. In that case, it was ridiculous that NE was able to shut him down the way they did. Unreal. It's weird that other teams haven't been able to copy their strategy and replicate their success, at least to some degree. It's like that week never happened.
The strategy of fouling him with no calls?

He was on a pitch count 2 weeks ago after being questionable for the same foot issue as now. Shredded.

he was in on a majority of plays last week while being questionable for the same foot issue as now. Shredded.

Unless his leg falls off prior to kickoff, I'll start him with confidence.

Jimmy Graham's level is what Gronkowski is hoping to get back to. Even if he makes it back, his injury risk knocks him down a notch imo.
I wouldn't trade Gronk for Graham at this point. Plantar fascia is no joke and it doesn't get better. Usually worse.

I wouldn't trade Gronk for Graham at this point. Plantar fascia is no joke and it doesn't get better. Usually worse.
I'm not sure how accurate that statement is. Regular stretching and inserts for your shoes make a significant difference. Obviously it does get better over time, not worse. Otherwise, players would never come back from the injury.

Owner and slightly worried about the foot potentially getting worse and more injuries sprouting up. The only positive I see is that the snaps went up from the Bills to the Jets game and he's playing for a contract.

Owner and slightly worried about the foot potentially getting worse and more injuries sprouting up. The only positive I see is that the snaps went up from the Bills to the Jets game

and he's playing for a contract.
That is the only positive you see? I guessed you missed the 4 TDs that last two games

Owner and slightly worried about the foot potentially getting worse and more injuries sprouting up. The only positive I see is that the snaps went up from the Bills to the Jets game and he's playing for a contract.
They already said he can't hurt the foot any worse, he will lead many FF teams to a championship, you should be honored to have him on your team

They already said he can't hurt the foot any worse, he will lead many FF teams to a championship, you should be honored to have him on your team
I read it can't get better. It can only tear and that is a 4-6 recovery time process to feel fully better. I'm hoping it doesn't tear.

Rotoworld:

Appearing on Sunday NFL Countdown, ESPN's Adam Schefter confirmed that Jimmy Graham (foot, elbow) is fully expected to play Sunday night.
Graham played on 60-of-78 snaps last Sunday and practiced every day this week. He's going to play through his questionable tag and is our No. 1 play at tight end. The Saints won't officially release their inactive list until 7pm ET, but owners can safely leave Graham in lineups.

He must of suffered a setback. No other reason to give him the week 1 NE Patriots Wes Welker treatment.
Not necessarily a setback, it's just the nature of the injury. It can flare up without meaning there is any more damage actually having occurred. Being at night, that may mean something. When I had this injury, my foot felt worst in the morning and at night. During the day, it was pretty manageable.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is brutal. If you're not even gonna use him in the red zone, just send him to the showers so he doesn't get any worse.

Doesn't look like they're gonna need him anyway.

This is brutal. If you're not even gonna use him in the red zone, just send him to the showers so he doesn't get any worse.

Doesn't look like they're gonna need him anyway.
It's not that kind if injury, not playing this week won't make a difference one way or another.

Users who are viewing this thread