What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cheap NFL jerseys legit? (1 Viewer)

Tchula

Footballguy
I keep seeing ads on facebook for NFL jerseys for $25 or even less. Are these things legit or just cheap foreign knockoff? I cant imagine the price of jerseys has gone down so much. Anyone bought one?

If its not a bootleg, then there is only one other option....adidas jerseys fom last year or older. You won't find a Nike jersey under $100.

THey are chinese knockoffs... they're usually close to the same quality as the official ones. Generally speaking only hardcore jersey nerds can tell the difference. That said, you're buying a counterfeit product.

Generally speaking.

A group of guys at the office ordered 10 of these from some company in China a while back. The jerseys arrived with a pair of NBA socks for free. They look great and meant to look like the authentic jerseys with stitched on everything. I still have mine about 6-7 years later. I've never washed it though.

A group of guys at the office ordered 10 of these from some company in China a while back. The jerseys arrived with a pair of NBA socks for free. They look great and meant to look like the authentic jerseys with stitched on everything. I still have mine about 6-7 years later. I've never washed it though.
Stinky. :loco:

I keep seeing ads on facebook for NFL jerseys for $25 or even less. Are these things legit or just cheap foreign knockoff?
They're authentic NFL jerseys, but they're the jerseys that have something slightly off about them after production. Still, for just $20 I got a high quality, authentic Hakeem Licks jersey.

I keep seeing ads on facebook for NFL jerseys for $25 or even less. Are these things legit or just cheap foreign knockoff?
They're authentic NFL jerseys, but they're the jerseys that have something slightly off about them after production. Still, for just $20 I got a high quality, authentic Hakeem Licks jersey.
I got a high quality throwback Bob Greasy and Fran Tinkleton

Some guys at my office just ordered a dozen or so. One guy was ordering them for people at $50 a pop but he made the mistake of showing us the site he was using and we ended up ordering them for $18-$25 ourselves.

I am thinking they are irregulars because the look really good with all the tags and everything. I suppose they could be counterfeit if the Chinese are using slave labor and making $24 out of the $25 price of a jersey.

Some guys at my office just ordered a dozen or so. One guy was ordering them for people at $50 a pop but he made the mistake of showing us the site he was using and we ended up ordering them for $18-$25 ourselves.

I am thinking they are irregulars because the look really good with all the tags and everything. I suppose they could be counterfeit if the Chinese are using slave labor and making $24 out of the $25 price of a jersey.
Where do you suppose OFFICIAL jerseys are made? How much profit to guess the NFL makes on them?

Where do you suppose OFFICIAL jerseys are made? How much profit to guess the NFL makes on them?
The NFL makes about 10%. They, along with Nike and all other manufacturers, put effort into controlling Internet retail and enforcing thru the Feds. I really doubt these are Nike's jerseys. Now a factory that Nike uses could be knocking them off...but that's a lot to risk. It's not rocket science...it's probably some smaller factory.

the knockoff i bought bled like a mfer. it was a red 49er jersey

Some guys at my office just ordered a dozen or so. One guy was ordering them for people at $50 a pop but he made the mistake of showing us the site he was using and we ended up ordering them for $18-$25 ourselves.I am thinking they are irregulars because the look really good with all the tags and everything. I suppose they could be counterfeit if the Chinese are using slave labor and making $24 out of the $25 price of a jersey.
lmfao what a scumbag

Some guys at my office just ordered a dozen or so. One guy was ordering them for people at $50 a pop but he made the mistake of showing us the site he was using and we ended up ordering them for $18-$25 ourselves.I am thinking they are irregulars because the look really good with all the tags and everything. I suppose they could be counterfeit if the Chinese are using slave labor and making $24 out of the $25 price of a jersey.
what is the site?

That's the big difference. The Chinese knockoffs are generally stitched-on patches for the names / numbers / etc.I ordered one from the link that was posted here a few years back. A NYJ Mark Sanchez blue/gold throwback (gimme a break - they just drafted him and the future looked bright). Was about $25. Arrived in about a week, wrapped up in a round package about the size of a baseball, which was funny. But it's a decent looking Jersey for $25 (although I usually wear my legit Cotchery one, which has the name/number silkscreened on, or whatever the process is. Much nicer.)

ETA - that company no longer exists, I believe. They go in and out of business fast.

Last edited by a moderator:

The NFL makes about 10%. They, along with Nike and all other manufacturers, put effort into controlling Internet retail and enforcing thru the Feds. I really doubt these are Nike's jerseys. Now a factory that Nike uses could be knocking them off...but that's a lot to risk. It's not rocket science...it's probably some smaller factory.
There's no way the NFL is only making 10% margins on a retail-priced jersey. No way.

There's no way the NFL is only making 10% margins on a retail-priced jersey. No way.
The NFL just gets a check from Nike for every sale....and another check if they don't hit their min guarantee. The % is higher but is payed on wholesale, not retail. I know most other vendors pay about that....Nike may be a little higher.Nike only makes about 10% also....Maybe a little less. To them it's all about marketing the brand for footwear sales.

'Horses Mouth said:

what is the site?
LINK

The NFL just gets a check from Nike for every sale....and another check if they don't hit their min guarantee. The % is higher but is payed on wholesale, not retail. I know most other vendors pay about that....Nike may be a little higher.Nike only makes about 10% also....Maybe a little less. To them it's all about marketing the brand for footwear sales.
You sound like you're much more knowledgeable than I on the subject but I really find it difficult to fathom that Nike and the NFL are only making 10% on the wholesale price of jerseys. I'm in essentially a commodity business and we do better than 10% gross margins.

You sound like you're much more knowledgeable than I on the subject but I really find it difficult to fathom that Nike and the NFL are only making 10% on the wholesale price of jerseys. I'm in essentially a commodity business and we do better than 10% gross margins.
Same here. We know these jerseys don't cost more than $20 to make so I can't see how $140 of a $200 jersey goes to someone besides Nike and the NFL.

You have to remember how specialized licensed apparel is. The units per sku, color, team mark are tiny compared to the branded business where the factory produces 100k units of a black dri-fit tee....or of course footwear.

So it comes from China with a smaller margin. Add corporate loads and your royalty (NFL is the highest) and you don't have a lot left.

Some guys at work got together and ordered several lots of jerseys from China. They had to order 10 to get the price to 35 per. Now I didn't get one but I must say the quality is very high over the 50 or so they've gotten. jersyforus dotcom.

I have bought Nike air max's from one of these sites. They list for 120.00 and I got mine for 32.00 and they are just like the "real" thing. I have not bought a jersey

But I would if I wore them.

You have to remember how specialized licensed apparel is. The units per sku, color, team mark are tiny compared to the branded business where the factory produces 100k units of a black dri-fit tee....or of course footwear.

So it comes from China with a smaller margin. Add corporate loads and your royalty (NFL is the highest) and you don't have a lot left.
Wait, 10% is the highest royalty?

Wait, 10% is the highest royalty?
The royalty is paid off the wholesale price. That % was profit they make off retail. So double it.

The jersey quality is very nice. Obviously irregulars because of some very minor issues (stitching/small stain on one number). Very nice for the price.

'Annyong said:
Any of these Chinese jersey guys make infant or toddler jerseys?
I attempted to email one of these stores back and forth to see if I could get one for my 4 year old and it was like pulling teeth. The person on the other end would always say he could do it if I sent $ but it was clear he had no idea what I was talking about.That being said I bought a Megatron jersey and I LOVE it. If anyone finds a new site that seems to be pretty good let me know, I'd love to order another.

The jersey quality is very nice. Obviously irregulars because of some very minor issues (stitching/small stain on one number). Very nice for the price.
I know these are good deals....but just to clarify...irregular minor issues like stains are not the only differences between these and real jerseys. Trim can be different or missing, altered jocktags, necklines, labels obviously, etc. They are not nike jerseys off the nike line. And while these bootleggers can replicate really well....they won't replicate every detail. Most probably don't care.

I know these are good deals....but just to clarify...irregular minor issues like stains are not the only differences between these and real jerseys. Trim can be different or missing, altered jocktags, necklines, labels obviously, etc. They are not nike jerseys off the nike line. And while these bootleggers can replicate really well....they won't replicate every detail. Most probably don't care.
I can't really tell the difference. At a $18.50 a jersey I am not to worried about it anyway.

I can't really tell the difference. At a $18.50 a jersey I am not to worried about it anyway.
are the numbers/etc stitched patches?

Guys I don't know who you're getting the jerseys from but I havent seen stains or irregular fit or any of the other flaws being discussed in here. The jerseys I see at work are all high quality knockoffs. Everything stitched, no screening.

By the latest count they have had 65 delivered with no returns. :eek:

Guys I don't know who you're getting the jerseys from but I havent seen stains or irregular fit or any of the other flaws being discussed in here. The jerseys I see at work are all high quality knockoffs. Everything stitched, no screening.By the latest count they have had 65 delivered with no returns. :eek:
Eight in my collection and they are top notch knock-offs. No stains, rips, tears, or irregular anything on any of mine

In Korea you can get knockoff jerseys anywhere from $10 to $50 depending on the jersey. $10-$35 for alot of the older reebok jerseys and mitchell and ness jerseys. $35-$50 dollars for custom made jerseys and newer Nike ones. Got a lot of throwback jerseys there and all are great quality and are pretty much impossible to tell are fake. One of the best things about Korea ;) That and knockoff purses....wife went nuts.

Got a Revis home jersey last year. Tags and patches all legit. I would challenge someone to notice the difference side by side with the real thing.

Got a Revis home jersey last year. Tags and patches all legit. I would challenge someone to notice the difference side by side with the real thing.
There are nerds who can probably tell the difference, but those are the type of unloved people that no one cares about anyway. I've got about 4 or 5 knockoffs, and normal people don't suspect a thing.

are the numbers/etc stitched patches?
Yes. They are very nice with some very very minor irregularities. The stuff we are seeing are not noticeable unless you are looking for them.

Beware the knockoffs. I was shut down completely by the Department of Homeland Security. They are aggressively going after these sites and are tracking shipping, etc. They have even shut down the ability to most, if not all, to do Paypal.

I don't need to go to prison to save or make a few bucks. Sorry.

Be careful!

Beware the knockoffs. I was shut down completely by the Department of Homeland Security. They are aggressively going after these sites and are tracking shipping, etc. They have even shut down the ability to most, if not all, to do Paypal.I don't need to go to prison to save or make a few bucks. Sorry.Be careful!
Were you buying with the intent to resell? Otherwise I don't think they are illegal to buy.I would mostly be worried about my order getting seized at the border and being out $$.

Beware the knockoffs. I was shut down completely by the Department of Homeland Security. They are aggressively going after these sites and are tracking shipping, etc. They have even shut down the ability to most, if not all, to do Paypal.I don't need to go to prison to save or make a few bucks. Sorry.Be careful!
Were you buying with the intent to resell? Otherwise I don't think they are illegal to buy.I would mostly be worried about my order getting seized at the border and being out $$.
You don't think it is illegal to buy counterfeit products? That would be incorrect. Many of these sites have been seized. And you are correct on your second thought, although it seems to me that customs is overwhelmed with inbound packages and just passes small ones right through without inspection.

You don't think it is illegal to buy counterfeit products? That would be incorrect. Many of these sites have been seized. And you are correct on your second thought, although it seems to me that customs is overwhelmed with inbound packages and just passes small ones right through without inspection.
I am reasonably certain that the legality issue falls on the sellers and not the buyers. Maybe some of our FBG lawyers can chime in.

I am reasonably certain that the legality issue falls on the sellers and not the buyers. Maybe some of our FBG lawyers can chime in.
Pretty sure you're correct. I remember reading a NYT piece a couple of years ago that as long as its for personal use, there's nothing illegal about consuming.ETA: Not sure this is the one I remember, but it appears to agree that it's on the seller.http://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/10/28/the-legality-of-buying-knockoffs/

I keep seeing ads on facebook for NFL jerseys for $25 or even less. Are these things legit or just cheap foreign knockoff? I cant imagine the price of jerseys has gone down so much. Anyone bought one?
you mean http://www.weiketrade.hki bought there before on November 9 . they told me the jerseys will get to my door in 7 days . $25 each is worth a gamble so that i place my order . cant wait to get them

Your Label Number

Service

Status of Your Item

Date & Time

Features

EE798082853CN

Express Mail International®

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Proof of Delivery

Processed Through Sort Facility

November 10, 2012, 3:05 am

QINGDAO, CHINA PEOPLES REP

Acceptance

November 10, 2012, 1:35 am

CHINA PEOPLES REP

I am leaning towards the ones we are buying being irregulars. In my opinion they would have to spend a lot more than $25 to produce the quality they are. We compared a $250 NFL Elite to one of these and aside from the minor issues (mostly stitching) we couldn't tell the difference.

THey are chinese knockoffs... they're usually close to the same quality as the official ones. Generally speaking only hardcore jersey nerds can tell the difference. That said, you're buying a counterfeit product. Generally speaking.
group of ladies in my office bought these. they arrived pretty quickly. looked legit to me :shrug: maybe not top quality NFL official but not bad.

THey are chinese knockoffs... they're usually close to the same quality as the official ones. Generally speaking only hardcore jersey nerds can tell the difference. That said, you're buying a counterfeit product. Generally speaking.
group of ladies in my office bought these. they arrived pretty quickly. looked legit to me :shrug: maybe not top quality NFL official but not bad.
Hmm... My office mates just got a batch in today that looked like hell. Loose threads all over, numbering with discolorations and funky looking name-plates. I also think one had the wrong "size tag" sewn on it... Unless I'm mistaken he new Nikes are sized in letters (L, XL, XXL, etc) but this one was a 54, like the old Reeboks.Not sure what their source was, but I'd say it pays to let someone else order first.

Users who are viewing this thread