What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrelle Pryor (1 Viewer)

While ordinary as far as one-handed catches go, still that's exactly the athleticism people have spoken about for years.

The learning curve of how to run a route and beat a DB is extremely steep for him. I would bet against him for redraft FF. However I am totally on board for dynasty. Outside of Bowe, who I am not a fan of, the Browns are loaded with secondary WRs. They're desperate for someone to take over and be the lead dog and those speedy lil bugger WRs probably perform far better too if they get a 1.

Hartline just seems like a typical complimentary/#2 type WR.

Chances are this doesn't work out and they need to trade for or draft a top WR. It could be a fun ride though

He had to make it one-handed because he was falling down coming out of his break. That's going to get picked in the NFL.

Rotoworld:

Browns coach Mike Pettine hasn't closed the door on Terrelle Pryor at quarterback, but wants him to focus "1,000 percent" on receiver for training camp.

Perhaps Pettine is beginning to confront the reality that Josh McCown and Johnny Manziel are his top-two quarterbacks. For his part, Pryor believes he's competing as a "slash" player, someone who dabbles at quarterback while getting touches elsewhere. Pryor will undoubtedly be one of the 53 most talented players in Browns camp, it's just a matter of if he can find a role.

Source: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter

Jul 27 - 3:12 PM

DWAYNE BOWE: PRYOR CAN MAKE IT AS WR

The Browns receiver believes Terrelle Pryor, making the switch from QB to receiver, will be "really, really good": "He's making it look so easy that he's starting to scare me. ... People think he's just going to come in and be a body. But he's actually going to play here and make plays for this team."

A bunch of retreads at WR and a coach who shows a willingness to start a different RB every game. At 6'4 with wheels to match, Pryor is an interesting add. I see a lot of people writing him off. I can think of worse adds than him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rotoworld:

Terrelle Pryor was sprinkled in with the first-team offense at Browns camp on Sunday.

It's a good sign. Whereas many players in Pryor's position-conversion circumstance might linger with the third-team offense, Pryor is already making a push for meaningful practice reps. Pryor has drawn rave reviews at wide receiver early on, with both Dwayne Bowe and Joe Haden noting how "easy" Pryor has made the position switch look. Pryor is worth stashing in deeper Dynasty leagues. The Browns' shortage of wide receiver talent could result in substantial playing time for Pryor out wide in 2015. At 6-foot-5, 232, Pryor would make for an inviting red-zone presence. He's also as tough as nails.

Aug 2 - 11:31 AM

Be sure to "wait & see". He's a great physical specimen who is working his tail off, but he trails Bowe, Hartline, Hawkins, Gabriel, and probably Benjamin & Mayle.

Intriguing talent, but still a long shot to make the roster, especially with other guys penciled in at PR / KR.

worth a shot in the later rounds of the draft.
I doubt it. I 'd much rather take a stab at a Rb at the end than Pryor mainly because a rb can actually come in and be relevant for a week or two at the end of the fantasy season but I just don't see a scenario where you find yourself in the FF playoffs and you're starting Pryor.

I think it's one of those moves that, if you do it, just eats your roster space until the byes and you cut him.

If he makes the roster, now estimated to be UP to 50-50, he is VERY unlikely to see significant touches. Might be a nice dynasty stash, though.

Dude is 6'6" or so and runs a sub 4.4 forty. The Browns love his measurables, and he's getting help from all angles.

If he makes the roster, now estimated to be UP to 50-50, he is VERY unlikely to see significant touches. Might be a nice dynasty stash, though.

Dude is 6'6" or so and runs a sub 4.4 forty. The Browns love his measurables, and he's getting help from all angles.
Idk anymore. It'll depend how he does in preseason. I thought the same, but ya just can't say this til we see him play. He's really proving he is a top athlete so ya gotta leave the window open some

Hurt hammy today, Pettine said they're going to get MRI to determine the extent of it.

Missing significant time would be very bad here as he needs all the experience he can get. A few days is no big deal and maybe stepping back N watching is useful.

Pretty happy for this guy :thumbup:

I doubt he has much fantasy relevance, but if he can play WR and a little trick-play QB a la Randle El, that's awesome.

Rotoworld:

Browns WR Terrelle Pryor (hamstring) will resume practicing on Saturday.

Duke Johnson (hamstring) will remain on the shelf. Pryor was the buzz of Browns camp before straining his hamstring. He'll try to recapture that early momentum in his return. Pryor is still just battling for a roster spot.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter
Aug 14 - 3:45 PM

Rotoworld:

Browns WR Terrelle Pryor was listed as a third-team receiver in the team's newest depth chart.

Pryor missed Thursday's preseason opener with a hamstring injury, but returned to practice on Saturday. Coach Mike Pettine said he isn't going to hand Pryor a spot "based on potential" but he's also not ready to write him off. The former quarterback will make his preseason debut Thursday against Buffalo.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer

Aug 16 - 10:03 AM

Rotoworld:

Browns WR Terrelle Pryor has aggravated his hamstring injury, and is questionable for Thursday's preseason game.

Pryor was the early buzz of Browns camp, but has now barely practiced over the past two weeks. He missed the team's preseason opener, and will almost certainly sit against the Bills on Thursday. Pryor has special athleticism, but he's missing precious reps as he switches positions. He appears poised to crack the Browns' 53-man roster, but it can't be considered a lock until he returns and stays on the field.

Source: Tony Grossi on Twitter
Aug 18 - 5:59 PM

Rotoworld:

Terrelle Pryor (hamstring) is unsure if he'll be available for Saturday's preseason game.

Pryor said it depends on how he feels Friday. Already sidelined for Cleveland's first two preseason games, Pryor's roster odds could take a critical blow if he isn't ready for the regular season dress rehearsal. Of course, the Browns find themselves so short of premium athletes on offense that they may be willing to roll the dice on Pryor regardless of what he does the rest of the summer.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter

Aug 27 - 4:20 PM

Rotoworld:

Terrelle Pryor - WR - Browns

Terrelle Pryor (hamstring) is sitting out Saturday's regular season dress rehearsal.

Pryor has resumed practicing, but his conditioning ins't up to speed. With the Browns' starters unlikely to see much, if any, action in next week's exhibition finale, it means Pryor will end the summer with no meaningful snaps as he makes the transition from quarterback. Pryor has the high-end athleticism the Browns lack basically everywhere else on offense, but he could be too raw for a spot on the 53-man roster. If the Browns keep him, it will be because he flashed convincingly in the offseason program.

Source: clevelandbrowns.com

Aug 29 - 6:25 PM

Rotoworld:

Terrelle Pryor - WR - Browns

Browns WR Terrelle Pryor is expected to play in the team's fourth preseason game.

It will be Pryor's first NFL game action as a wide receiver. A good showing could earn him a spot on the final roster, though the Browns may decide to keep Pryor on the roster based on physical upside alone. With Josh Gordon suspended, Pryor has the most interesting athletic profile in the Browns' receiver corps.

Source: ESPN Cleveland

Sep 3 - 8:29 AM

Rotoworld:

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Terrelle Pryor (hamstring) is expected to be "limited" in Thursday's preseason game.

Pryor could end up playing only a series or two. That would be his most action of the preseason, of course, but it's not going to offer anything meaningful to his roster odds. Pryor's 53-man chances live and die with what he did in pad-less offseason practices.

Sep 3 - 1:54 PM

Rotoworld:

Terrelle Pryor wasn't targeted in Thursday's preseason finale, but rushed twice for nine yards.

Limited by a hamstring issue for the past month, Pryor was making his preseason debut. The Browns have insisted all summer that Pryor is a strict wideout, but both of his touches came as the quarterback on read options. Pryor did do some blocking as a wideout, and even served as the punt protector. Although Pryor has barely practiced this summer, and tonight's work came with deep reserves, he's looking like a good bet for the Browns' 53-man roster. A team with this little talent can't afford to let a blue-chip athlete like Pryor go. Pryor is currently off the re-draft radar, but that could change over the season's first few games.

Sep 3 - 10:39 PM

Users who are viewing this thread