What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrelle Pryor (1 Viewer)

Rotoworld:

Terrelle Pryor - WR - Free Agent

Free agent WR Terrelle Pryor worked out for the Giants on Wednesday.

With all three of Odell Beckham (hamstring), Rueben Randle (hamstring), and Victor Cruz (calf) banged up, the Giants could be in the market for receiver help. Pryor has gotten plenty of looks since being waived by the Browns, but he's yet to find a taker. The 26-year-old hopefully won't have to wait until next spring.

Related: Giants

Source: Profootballtalk on NBC Sports

Oct 14 - 12:59 PM

Interesting. I forgot he was his coach then. 

It probably comes back to RG3 some. Will he be mobile? Or will they put that square peg in a round hole as a pocket QB? If an offense with a mobile QB, that's gotta open the door for Pryor to play some QB again. Very little NFL success but they would have two super athletes playing QB...always always think coaches can "make" players of super athletes. 

I'm gonna go ahead and slot a qb with the 2nd overall pick and best available wr with their 2nd rounder.  That said, TP have any value in light of the probable Gordon suspension?

can he finally figure out how to play wr?

Last edited by a moderator:
Took him as a flyer with pick 320 (last pick) in the Mock Draft PDSL's so I'm hoping he's somewhat relevant this year, but not expecting much. Hopefully I'm wrong but it didn't cost much to take the chance.

Better get inoculated now or you will get infected with TP hype disease.  This isn't only coming from Browns QBs Josh McCown and RG III.  Just now on the air, Tony Grossi, the Debbie Downer of Browns beat writers, said that Terrelle Pryor looks like a beast.  He mentioned Pryor is bigger and stronger than he ever looked last year and then went on to mention that his guns are enormous.  We heard similar things last year but if he has improved his release off of the line and if his mitts have improved, then he definitely has been putting in the work in the weight room from all accounts.

Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ  3h3 hours ago
#Browns QB Josh McCown said Terrelle Pryor has worked his tail off, starting to see glimpses of what he can become, it's exciting.
Nate Ulrich ‏@NateUlrichABJ  2h2 hours ago
#Browns QB RG3 said Terrelle Pryor looks good out there, big athletic guy who can run and catch the ball. Know he's gonna work hard.

Yeah the athleticism was never in doubt and it's nice to see the work ethic, which is what RGIII & McKeown were talking about, but the transition he is trying to make is still going to be a very tough road to hoe. At this point he is maybe worth a last round flyer in a redraft and should probably only be roster ed in deep bench dynasty leagues.

That being said I amreally pulling for him to reach his maximum potential because he's really fun to watch.

I'll admit it, I'm a sucker for Terrell Pryor and his comeback story from QB to WR.

There is the a small chance that he can make this a successful conversion. I mean he's trained around, thrown balls to and generally watched  wide receivers his entire life. I hope he manages it just to show to everyone that conversions like this can be done if you apply yourself work hard, and have the physical tools. 

The Cleveland Plain Dealer reports Browns WR Terrelle Pryor has been "flashing" in OTAs.
Per reporter Mary Kay Cabot, Pryor has progressed by "leaps and bounds," and made "dozens of nice catches in practice." Cabot goes as far as to say that Pryor "belongs on the 53-man roster." It's not exactly surprising that an athletic freak is shining in shorts and t-shirts, but it's better than getting reports that Pryor is lost at his new position. The ex-quarterback turns 27 next month.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer 
May 19 - 4:08 PM

Bloom thinks Pryor has the skills to make it.

https://twitter.com/SigmundBloom/status/733708328556240896

Sigmund Bloom
‏@SigmundBloom Sigmund Bloom Retweeted Browns Newswire
Pryor has the athletic profile of a DOMINANT NFL WR and he showed ball skills last year. Don't sleep on himSigmund Bloom added,
Browns Newswire @BrownsWire
ESPN: Terrelle Pryor flashes, Josh McCown throws well at Browns OTAs http://ow.ly/Wah0500v3AH
=============================================================================

Sigmund Bloom ‏@SigmundBloom  22h22 hours ago
Here's Terrelle Pryor looking like an NFL WR in a regular season NFL game tracking & playing a deep ball in flight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RELbUjDwbfM 

Terrelle Pryor's Leaping 42-Yard Catch | Steelers vs. Browns | NFL

Published on Jan 3, 2016

Former Ohio State quarterback Terrelle Pryor shows off his skills as a wide receiver and leaps over a Steelers' defender for 42-yard catch from Austin Davis.
===========================

EDIT:  The guy only made the transition from QB to WR a year ago so there would obviously be a steep learning curve.  Other guys who have made the successful transition did so when they first came into the league like:

• Hines Ward
  • Antwaan Randle El
  • Julian Edelman
  • Josh Cribbs
So, although I have been dismissive about this transition.  I really haven't given him enough of a chance.  

This year with a full year learning and making the transition and where he has been working really hard in the off season, he 'could' surprise so I would consider him a legitimate deep sleeper.

If we learned anything last year about T-Pryor the disclaimer is to temper optimism.  Add, the Browns drafted FOUR wide receivers and a move-TE but the media has noticed an improved Terrelle Pryor and they keep mentioning the progress that he has made from last year.  Today, we see another glowing blurb about TP.

-------------------------------------------

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/19057/terrelle-pryor-flashes-josh-mccown-throws-well-at-browns-otas

Terrelle Pryor has made strides. Pryor looks far more comfortable at receiver than he did last season, and his skills seem to be the kind that Jackson likes. Pryor is a big guy who can run and who can be moved around the offense. The Browns signed Pryor just before training camp last season, then he was sidelined by injury. The team never got to really see what he could do. Now he's healthy, running well and catching the ball. It's way too soon to say Pryor has made the transition — Pryor has yet to play in pads against Joe Haden in press coverage — but as Jackson said: "He's flashed the last several days."

I wouldn't even bring this up but Terrelle is only one-year into making a positional switch from QB to WR.  Last year, he looked  good early on but got injured and struggled but he's got incredible size at 6'4, length-long arms with good reach and big hands, speed, athleticism, and he displayed some ball tracking and body posting ability last year.  

He's got a lot of work to do but he has a history with Hue Jackson when he was a quarterback and Hue has mentioned that he can 'do many things with Terrelle because he has a lot of ability' or something to that effect.  Those comments lead some media people to speculate that Hue would put in some TP packages into the offense.

It is very early into the offseason but so far so good on Terrelle Pryor if you are looking for a deep sleeper at WR.

--

EDIT:  Browns cut veteran WR Brian Hartline.

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland-browns/post/_/id/19069

Brian Hartline's release opens door for rookies, Terrelle Pryor

Can a team go into a season with four rookies and a converted quarterback playing wide receiver?

Hue Jackson may believe so. Because the release of Brian Hartline seems to indicate Jackson firmly believes in the team's rookies. Add in that the coach has been impressed with Terrelle Pryor and the team may have Pryor along with rookies Corey ColemanRicardo LouisRashard Higgins and Jordan Payton among the wideout group.

...  when a new coach is involved in the drafting of four receivers, it's a safe bet that at least three and probably all four will make the team.

That puts the jobs of holdovers such as Hartline, Taylor Gabriel and Andrew Hawkins in question. Add in Pryor, and the Browns had a logjam at a position where teams usually keep six.

Pryor may be the one to benefit most from this decision. He has impressed the coach in offseason work, and his versatility may be something Jackson likes -- and wants. Pryor still has to prove in games, though, that he has fully made the transition from quarterback to receiver.

Terrelle Pryor said he's feeling much more comfortable at receiver this season.
Asked about the transition from quarterback, Pryor said he doesn't even feel like it's one anymore. "I feel like I'm there," he said, adding he feels "10 times better" at the position after spending much of the offseason with Randy Moss. Pryor has been one of the main hype pieces through the first couple days of OTAs around the league. Following the release of Brian Hartline, a starting job is totally up for grabs in Cleveland. Pryor has the talent to grab it opposite Corey Coleman.

Source: Nate Ulrich on Twitter 
May 25 - 2:14 PM

how many QBs have come into the NFL and converted to WR?

i'm shocked that the analytic approach the Browns are implementing hasn't pulled the plug on this experiment.  

i'm shocked that the analytic approach the Browns are implementing hasn't pulled the plug on this experiment.  
Not too many, and of those few have been successful, although Drew Bennett had a few good years.

They also spent 4ths on receivers who mainly fit an athletic profile (DeValve and Louis). Giving Pryor another year isn't much different.  Maybe their analytics are just SPARQ ratings. It is still the the Browns.

Hines ward, Randel el, Seneca Wallace, Julian Edelman.  But your point remains, Pryor is facing long odds.

They were listed a couple of posts up. Randel El, Edelman, Cribbs, Etc. 

The guy is almost 6'5" runs a 4.3 and has been rumored to put on some muscle this year. He's been working with Randy Moss too. I'm rooting for him, can't wait to see what happens in camp

Hue has a blind spot for this guy, that's all.  

He's 27 in a few weeks.  His versatility, ability to be the emergency QB might get him a roster spot for a season or so.  

Browns WRs coach Al Saunders said Terrelle Pryor "has a future" at receiver.
"Tall and strong and fast are good qualities to have," Saunders continued. Pryor has said he feels much more comfortable at receiver this season. With little behind Corey Coleman on the depth chart, Pryor has a shot to earn a starting job.

Source: Mary Kay Cabot on Twitter 
Jun 9 - 2:20 PM

(Rotoworld) Browns WRs coach Al Saunders said Terrelle Pryor"has a future" at receiver.

Analysis: "Tall and strong and fast are good qualities to have," Saunders continued. Pryor has said he feels much more comfortable at receiver this season. With little behind Corey Coleman on the depth chart, Pryor has a real shot to earn a starting job.

Could just be coach speak/ stuff that comes out of training camps every year for many players that never materializes

The Cleveland Plain Dealer's Terry Pluto reports Browns coach Hue Jackson "has drawn up plays" for WR Terrelle Pryor.
Pluto says the plays are designed to get the ball in Pryor's hands and "let him run." With a receiver corps devoid of any playmaking ability outside of first-round rookie Corey Coleman, Jackson is making the right call by attempting to use Pryor's game-breaking traits to full effect. Now the former quarterback just needs to show well enough in camp to earn the role. In addition to Pryor, the Browns should be looking to utilize sophomore RB Duke Johnson's talents in the passing game.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer 
Jul 23 - 10:01 AM

Users who are viewing this thread