What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrelle Pryor (1 Viewer)

Curious to hear where the Shark Pool puts his dynasty value, especially after the Gordon news today.

Classic sell high?  If you view him this way, what would you be looking to get out of him to make it worthwhile?

Or is this just scratching the surface?  Looking to buy him in every league you can?  If you view him as a buy, what are you looking to acquire him for?

He's a tough player to put a price tag on.

Curious to hear where the Shark Pool puts his dynasty value, especially after the Gordon news today.

Classic sell high?  If you view him this way, what would you be looking to get out of him to make it worthwhile?

Or is this just scratching the surface?  Looking to buy him in every league you can?  If you view him as a buy, what are you looking to acquire him for?

He's a tough player to put a price tag on.
Very tough.

Penny stock with blue chip pedigree. 

Should you flip now for what would already be a good ROI or do you wait it out based on the long term growth potential.

I only have him in redraft and am in no hurry to move him.  I think I would feel the same way in dynasty.  Rest of roster makeup obviously impacts the decision but I tend to think selling now is a bit premature.  But I'm sure there are some out there who can get others to overpay right now.

Again, really hard to get a good read on his value right now.  Because there is such a wide range of realistic outcomes.

I sold him after the Gordon news broke in a 12 team PPR dynasty:

I gave:

Pryor and Blount

I got:

Allen Hurns and Adrian Peterson

Immediately sold off Peterson for Chris Ivory and Josh Ferguson

I already had Julio Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Evans locked in as starters, with young upside guys Dorsett and Boyd behind them, so Hurns as my #4 felt like a no brainer.

Personally I think Coleman is the man in Cleveland long term and if McCown takes back the starting QB job then Barnidge will come back into play and take away targets from Pryor.  He is a solid player to own this season IMO, but not optimistic beyond that for big numbers, so I will gladly walk away with Hurns in exchange for a $0 waiver wire pick-up from last week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guy has talent and is the best player on O on the Browns.  That ain't saying much, but out of all WRs, he's in the top 10 in targets and is a threat to throw and run the ball.  He has some cupcakes on his schedule and in other games, where the Browns will probably play from behind....stands to be the main beneficiary of garbage time.  

I think people will be surprised by his productivity at the end of the year....

I gave:

Pryor and Blount

I got:

I already had Julio Jones, Kelvin Benjamin, Mike Evans locked in as starters, with young upside guys Dorsett and Boyd behind them, so Hurns as my #4 felt like a no brainer.

Personally I think Coleman is the man in Cleveland long term and if McCown takes back the starting QB job then Barnidge will come back into play and take away targets from Pryor.  He is a solid player to own this season IMO, but not optimistic beyond that for big numbers, so I will gladly walk away with Hurns in exchange for a $0 waiver wire pick-up from last week.
Wow.  No offense.  HORRIBLE trading.  Pryor is young, a freak athlete and just scratching the surface of what he can do in the NFL.   You might have just traded away a fantasy dynamo for the next 8 years.  And in return you got a #2 wr who might not even be the 2nd best wr on his own team (Marqise Lee is when healthy), and a past his prime injured Rb.  

Peterson for ivory and Ferguson is eh as well.  Ivory is ok if healthy o suppose but he's garbage RT now and no spring chicken. 

Ferguson is not a very talented back.  He's not the long term answer in Indy.  

IMO Pryor is becoming a premiere dynasty hold.  He's absolutely electric.  

• Smile
Reactions: LBH

I gave:

Pryor and Blount

I got:

And btw I didn't even get into Blount. I would have thought that was a horrible trade if it were just Pryor for AP and hurns.   But Blount is a force this year.   You traded away a ton to get very very little. 

You seem like a guy who doesn't know Pryor will be 28 going into next season. He is not young. Fantasy dynamo for 8 years? Premiere dynasty hold? Seems over the top.

Anyways, for the thread's benefit, after the Gordon news today I was offered and turned down Carroo and Dak for my Pryor.

Wow.  No offense.  HORRIBLE trading.  Pryor is young, a freak athlete and just scratching the surface of what he can do in the NFL.   You might have just traded away a fantasy dynamo for the next 8 years.  And in return you got a #2 wr who might not even be the 2nd best wr on his own team (Marqise Lee is when healthy), and a past his prime injured Rb.  

Peterson for ivory and Ferguson is eh as well.  Ivory is ok if healthy o suppose but he's garbage RT now and no spring chicken. 

Ferguson is not a very talented back.  He's not the long term answer in Indy.  

IMO Pryor is becoming a premiere dynasty hold.  He's absolutely electric.  
Yes..Pryor is young...and has shown one small flash...IN HIS 6TH YEAR IN THE NFL.

Pryor - 6 years in the NFL - 16 catches

Hurns - 3 years in the NFL 16 TD catches

I'm not a HUGE Bortles fans, but would you like to compare QB's going forward in a dynasty?

I will sleep fine tonight.

Premiere dynasty hold does seem like hyperbole.

As for the deal referenced- essentially Pryor and Blount for Hurns, Ivory, and Ferguson.  Seems pretty even to me but I'd probably rather have Pryor.  Then again I'm probably much lower on Hurns than most. 

If you like Hurns though, getting a 24 year old WR for a 28 year old who is still a question mark makes sense.  Blount for Ivory and Ferguson is probably a wash.

And btw I didn't even get into Blount. I would have thought that was a horrible trade if it were just Pryor for AP and hurns.   But Blount is a force this year.   You traded away a ton to get very very little. 
Come tell me how valuable Blount is when Brady and Gronk are back...along with Dion Lewis...IN A DYNASTY.

Redskins CB Josh Norman is not expected to shadow Terrelle Pryor on Sunday.
Pryor is coming off a monster game, but has five inches on the 6-foot-0 Norman. He's also used all over the alignment. "We’re still working on our game plan now and (Pryor's) all over the place," coach Jay Gruden said. "Team defense is gonna have to take him away, somebody different every time possibly." Gruden lays out the situation pretty accurately. Pryor is an upside WR2.

Related: Josh Norman

Source: CSN Mid-Atlantic 
Sep 29 - 7:51 PM

You seem like a guy who doesn't know Pryor will be 28 going into next season. He is not young. Fantasy dynamo for 8 years? Premiere dynasty hold? Seems over the top.

Anyways, for the thread's benefit, after the Gordon news today I was offered and turned down Carroo and Dak for my Pryor.
Rickyg showing his football acumen once again

I will admit that I thought he was 26 not 28.  However, that does not change my mind about him being a very hot commodity in dynasty.  

No reason to get all butt hurt BC I think you made a bad trade.  I stand by my assessment.   I'd rather have Pryor at 28 for the next 4 years then hurns, ivory or Ferguson. 

Theres no right or wrong here.  It's player evaluation and preferences.   

Time will tell who is truly right or wrong.   

Shadydir I have some choice words for you but the site would censor them anyway and after all you're an internet stranger so I'll take the high road and choose to not raise my blood pressure by getting into it with you.  

However I highly recommend    That you put me on ignore if my posts bother you.  I'm about to do that with you right now it's a great feature!!

Because he could predict this. Quality post.
its just poor analysis  regardless of the results.  you dont drop a teams top wr without seeing how he performs.  and esp when you consider the peripheral circumstances like pryor's physical tools, performance thus far, and the rumors that he was getting qb reps in practice.  if kessler gets hurt, pryor will be the qb the rest of the game.  that would be massive.

I will admit that I thought he was 26 not 28.  However, that does not change my mind about him being a very hot commodity in dynasty.  

No reason to get all butt hurt BC I think you made a bad trade.  I stand by my assessment.   I'd rather have Pryor at 28 for the next 4 years then hurns, ivory or Ferguson. 

Theres no right or wrong here.  It's player evaluation and preferences.   

Time will tell who is truly right or wrong.   

Shadydir I have some choice words for you but the site would censor them anyway and after all you're an internet stranger so I'll take the high road and choose to not raise my blood pressure by getting into it with you.  

However I highly recommend    That you put me on ignore if my posts bother you.  I'm about to do that with you right now it's a great feature!!
Actually I was out of line and I apologize. 

its just poor analysis  regardless of the results.  you dont drop a teams top wr without seeing how he performs.  and esp when you consider the peripheral circumstances like pryor's physical tools, performance thus far, and the rumors that he was getting qb reps in practice.  if kessler gets hurt, pryor will be the qb the rest of the game.  that would be massive.
You understand that the post in question came after Week 2 - Pryor had a total of 6 receptions for 100 yards in the first 2 weeks combined, adding to that a questionable QB situation in Cleveland, and its understandable why people would drop Pryor in re-draft leagues.  

There are 52 WRs who average more than 50 yards a game, and 71 who average 3 or more receptions a game - and most of them are not playing with a 3rd string QB.  So, lets not get crazy bashing a recommendation to drop Pryor after week 2.   

Actually I was out of line and I apologize. 
Apology accepted brotha.  I'm glad that mobile phone app didn't give me the option to put you on ignore.  I was waiting to get to my computer to do that.  If I had done it I wouldn't have seen your message and I would have missed out on your future posts which sucks BC I think you're generally a valuable commodity in the SP and I've never had any issue with you before.  

Ive gotten trigger happy with the ignore button over the last few seasons BC I just don't think it's worth getting all worked up with anyone on a fantasy football msg board.  

Anyway, you're a good dude and ty for the apology  

You understand that the post in question came after Week 2 - Pryor had a total of 6 receptions for 100 yards in the first 2 weeks combined, adding to that a questionable QB situation in Cleveland, and its understandable why people would drop Pryor in re-draft leagues.  

There are 52 WRs who average more than 50 yards a game, and 71 who average 3 or more receptions a game - and most of them are not playing with a 3rd string QB.  So, lets not get crazy bashing a recommendation to drop Pryor after week 2.   
Agreed. Cody Kessler was going to be the QB. We all saw this offense putting up those points last week, right? :crazy:

So Sig made a bad call in saying Pryor was droppable after week 2.......so what?  Everyone from NFL GMs to us sitting on our couch hit and miss on players all the time.

I have Pryor and as I mentioned in this thread I was considering dropping him in a league with deep rosters b/c the Browns looked like such a mess.  Obviously I'm glad I dropped someone else instead and situations have changed that now make Pryor much more attractive.  And perhaps we all should have recognized he had more potential going into week 3 then we thought.

But so what.  Let's move on.

yes I realize it came after week 2.  the same week that the teams other main wr, coleman, got injured, opening up the opportunity for the bulk of the teams targets.  so no, I am not dropping a guy who had some massive preseason plays and just became the main target.

6 catches for 100 yards is not exactly terrible production or no involvement in the offense either.  and he had a whopping 17 targets in those 2 games.  

yes I realize it came after week 2.  the same week that the teams other main wr, coleman, got injured, opening up the opportunity for the bulk of the teams targets.  so no, I am not dropping a guy who had some massive preseason plays and just became the main target.

6 catches for 100 yards is not exactly terrible production or no involvement in the offense either.  and he had a whopping 17 targets in those 2 games.  
Think about that: 6 catches on 17 targets.  Does not inspire a lot of confidence....and, the team was moving onto its 3rd string QB, and the top WR was getting ready to return in Week 5.  This was nothing wrong with the advice to drop Pryor.  You are free to take or ignore any advice you get - but the advice was sound.

I picked him up this week off waivers.  Not every league is deep enough to hold onto 60+ WRs...

Harmon's Reception Perception this week.  Says that the transition from QB to WR is nearly complete.

I would like to see more red zone production and with crossing and comeback patterns but he is definitely progressing and producing.

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=harmon_receptionperception_pryor16

RECEPTION PERCEPTION: TERRELLE PRYOR'S TRANSFORMATION IS NEARLY COMPLETE

Matt Harmon uses the Reception Perception methodology to assess where Terrelle Pryor is at in his transition to wide receiver.

Sig also told everyone to start Hill this week. Nothing I hate more then people wanting to get/give credit where it is due, but never want to call out those people when they are wrong. So if people want to ridicule someone for bad suggestion, so be it.

Thoughts on Dynasty value? Who would trade a mid to late 2017 1st?
Feels very much like a losing proposition to pay a 1st in a loaded class for a 27 year old developmental WR on a bad team with no QB and a stud rookie WR that will likely be featured.

Feels very much like a losing proposition to pay a 1st in a loaded class for a 27 year old developmental WR on a bad team with no QB and a stud rookie WR that will likely be featured.
He's not close to being worth a 1st. If I can acquire him as a WR3/4, and pay those prices, I'm fine with it. He's worth a late 2nd at most to me. 

Those trying to acquire him after this outburst are playing the buying/selling game incorrectly. 

He's not close to being worth a 1st. If I can acquire him as a WR3/4, and pay those prices, I'm fine with it. He's worth a late 2nd at most to me. 

Those trying to acquire him after this outburst are playing the buying/selling game incorrectly. 
Is it playing buy/sell incorrectly or is it getting in on a WR 2 who we've seen can play and can score points in bunches? Buy/sell is moot if it's a good buy.

Is it playing buy/sell incorrectly or is it getting in on a WR 2 who we've seen can play and can score points in bunches? Buy/sell is moot if it's a good buy.
Agreed, but if the buy price after that one solid game is a 1st then in odds are heavily against him being a good buy.  

Its the perfect storm right now. If you want to send a 1st for him go ahead. I think he'll be productive due to volume over the next 4-6 weeks and after that it'll get tough to rely on him weekly. Once that volume decreases you'll be looking at a Torrey Smith/Tavon Austin type player. 

Without giving anything away in terms of paid content, Dodds jumped Pryor WAY up in his weekly rankings. Washington's D can definitely be lit up, but I'm still queasy about slotting him ahead of some of the blue chippers at WR. 

I'm 3-0 in a dynasty league with strong QB, RB, and TE play, but very weak WRs.

Just sent my 1st round pick for him, and I'm thrilled with it. He could burn out of the league in a year, but he could also be a top 10 receiver for the next 3-4 years. Not many guys have the combination of size, speed, and opportunity. He has a coach who believes in him too. If he can catch the ball somewhat reliably I think he could be a kingmaker this year. I know next year's draft is loaded, but I'm taking my shot now.

I'm 3-0 in a dynasty league with strong QB, RB, and TE play, but very weak WRs.

Just sent my 1st round pick for him, and I'm thrilled with it. He could burn out of the league in a year, but he could also be a top 10 receiver for the next 3-4 years. Not many guys have the combination of size, speed, and opportunity. He has a coach who believes in him too. If he can catch the ball somewhat reliably I think he could be a kingmaker this year. I know next year's draft is loaded, but I'm taking my shot now.
Unless they feature him in packages at QB, this has a next to zero chance of happening.

Unless they feature him in packages at QB, this has a next to zero chance of happening.
Agreed. People are being blind to how much his situation will be changing in 4-6 weeks. He's a perfect WR4 if you can somehow get him for that price. I like him a lot more in re-draft then dynasty. 

Disagree completely.  You seem very closed minded to the possibility that a guy who is 6'4, 220, runs in the 4.3s, and seems to be making a huge progression in a transformation to WR, AND represents a unique offensive weapon capable of producing points in multiple ways, AND is coming off an 8 catch 140+ yard game playing with a rookie 3rd string QB on the road in his first ever start...has even a remote chance of becoming a top 10 WR.  I am not saying it is likely, or that I would trade a 1st round pick in this loaded draft for him, but the odds are certainly a lot better than "next to zero".  

The Chargers all time leader in receptions, yards, and TDs was a basketball player at Kent State University.  Julian Edelman was a QB in college, has probably had a top 10 fantasy season or 2 (at least close)...and does not possess anywhere near the athletic ability that Pryor does.  I know he has Brady and Pryor doesnt, but Pryor is playing on a one year deal.  Who knows where he winds up next year, or who the QB will be in Cleveland next year.  To say he has no chance is very short sighted in my opinion.  I believe the potential is there, and it is not nearly as far-fetched as you seem to believe it is.

Disagree completely.  You seem very closed minded to the possibility that a guy who is 6'4, 220, runs in the 4.3s, and seems to be making a huge progression in a transformation to WR, AND represents a unique offensive weapon capable of producing points in multiple ways, AND is coming off an 8 catch 140+ yard game playing with a rookie 3rd string QB on the road in his first ever start...has even a remote chance of becoming a top 10 WR.  I am not saying it is likely, or that I would trade a 1st round pick in this loaded draft for him, but the odds are certainly a lot better than "next to zero".  

The Chargers all time leader in receptions, yards, and TDs was a basketball player at Kent State University.  Julian Edelman was a QB in college, has probably had a top 10 fantasy season or 2 (at least close)...and does not possess anywhere near the athletic ability that Pryor does.  I know he has Brady and Pryor doesnt, but Pryor is playing on a one year deal.  Who knows where he winds up next year, or who the QB will be in Cleveland next year.  To say he has no chance is very short sighted in my opinion.  I believe the potential is there, and it is not nearly as far-fetched as you seem to believe it is.
A lot of physical freaks have come and gone, sir. 

A lot of physical freaks have come and gone, sir. 
Definitely.  But this one seems like a football player.  Has the trust of his HC, seems to have leadership qualities, and seems to have put a ton of time in making the transition to a new position.  That, in addition to being a physical freak.  Flashed in preseason, and then took over his offense last week.  

Again...I am not saying that he is a lock to become a weekly start in fantasy.  I was simply disputing the notion that there is "next to zero" chance that he can.  He has an upward pointing arrow right now, and i personally wish I had him rostered on all of my teams.  That said, I would not trade a 2017 first for him.  Not yet.

I like what I see from Pryor. He is a blue chip athlete with elite measurables and is currently the #1 WR on a bad team. He also acts like he actually gives a damn about the team and the opportunity he was given. Its not just potential, hopes, and dreams. He is already showing he is a legit starting WR. Now the question is how far can he take it?

Definitely.  But this one seems like a football player.  Has the trust of his HC, seems to have leadership qualities, and seems to have put a ton of time in making the transition to a new position.  That, in addition to being a physical freak.  Flashed in preseason, and then took over his offense last week.  

Again...I am not saying that he is a lock to become a weekly start in fantasy.  I was simply disputing the notion that there is "next to zero" chance that he can.  He has an upward pointing arrow right now, and i personally wish I had him rostered on all of my teams.  That said, I would not trade a 2017 first for him.  Not yet.
Fwiw, I have a lot of shares of him and am happy that my late round flier is a legit WR3 with upside. All I'm saying is that we should temper expectations a bit before we anoint him a WR2 long term. Gl all of us!

Don't own him anywhere but rooting for him big time. It's next to impossible to do what he's doing with regards to the positional change. 

My play basically boils down to this: if he fulfills his potential (which a few guys who are way smarter than me suggest might be happening at this moment), there is no way a 2017 first round pick buys him in 5-6 weeks.

If he truly is a one week wonder, I'll return to this very thread and eat my crow, but I think he could be special. How he does against this week against Norman should give us a lot more information about his value ROS. 

Great post, seriously.  But I'll stand by my next to zero assessment.  He's a blast to warch and I'll be rooting for him.  But odds are seriously stacked against him ever being a top 10 WR for the next 3-4 years.

Yes..Pryor is young...and has shown one small flash...IN HIS 6TH YEAR IN THE NFL.

Pryor - 6 years in the NFL - 16 catches

Hurns - 3 years in the NFL 16 TD catches

I'm not a HUGE Bortles fans, but would you like to compare QB's going forward in a dynasty?

I will sleep fine tonight.
Like I said, hurns might not even be the #2 wr on his own team anymore.  Marqise Lee was drafted by the jags to be their wr1 A or b with Arob.   It was only injuries to lee that gave hurns a chance to shine.  And he shined.  He's a good wr.  But when lee is healthy he's a special talent and the jags know it and they're trying to give him the chance to reclaim that spot in the offense.  I'm just seeing trends.  Not saying hurns is going to disappear.  Just saying he's not the lock that manthibk he is with a healthy Marqise lee. 

I do wish you luck with your trade though.  I hope it works out for you.  

Just beat a double team for a TD reception.  Catching slants, back shoulders.

This is a complete WR folks.  If CLE can get a decent QB or if he went to a team with one, the sky is the limit for the next 3-4 years.

Interesting that the patriots looked into trading for him, then brought him in for a work out when he got cut.  Free agency will be interesting if he keeps up this play

Users who are viewing this thread