What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Terrelle Pryor (2 Viewers)

Anybody tuned into the Browns-Bengals seen the Pride of Jeannette today?

That new contract already gone to his head? Regardless, excellent week for a donut (haven't seen anything other than redzone, but I'd wager rg3 shoulders much of the blame). 
RG III.

He just ruined Pryor's value.

Anyone dropping?

I've already decided I'm not playing him this week. I doubt my opponent would pick him up and if he does, good...don't expect much. 

Next week's matchup may look good but if SD's #1 CB Heyward is on him forget it.

Have other fish to fry. Considering dropping. It's do or die time.

RG III.

He just ruined Pryor's value.

RG III was awful but it was only his second start in the past 29 games.

Hue Jackson could have started him last week but felt he looked 'rusty' in practice.

Hue had to throw him out there before he had his timing/mechanics/etc. down because he has to evaluate him before the offseason.

I wouldn't expect much improvement but Terrelle Pryor's bad game was more on RG III than bad play on his part.

Including Brian Hartline from rotoworld:   Meanwhile, ex-teammate Brian Hartline went on to trash Pryor. "Is he my No. 1? God, I hope not," Hartline said. "You don’t know what you’re going to get. You don’t know who’s going to show up. You don’t know if he’s going to get in trouble. You don’t know if he’s going to smart off. ... Is he a No. 2? I mean maybe. He kind of disappeared the last couple weeks. ... You’re a flash in the pan. You’re trying to tell me with a guy that had suspect personality characteristics, I’m going to go ahead and hand you a bunch of money but you’re going to work harder? Uh, I think I’m going to bet against that if I’m a betting man." 

Last edited by a moderator:
Including Brian Hartline from rotoworld:   Meanwhile, ex-teammate Brian Hartline went on to trash Pryor. "Is he my No. 1? God, I hope not," Hartline said. "You don’t know what you’re going to get. You don’t know who’s going to show up. You don’t know if he’s going to get in trouble. You don’t know if he’s going to smart off. ... Is he a No. 2? I mean maybe. He kind of disappeared the last couple weeks. ... You’re a flash in the pan. You’re trying to tell me with a guy that had suspect personality characteristics, I’m going to go ahead and hand you a bunch of money but you’re going to work harder? Uh, I think I’m going to bet against that if I’m a betting man." 
Hartline is a fellow Buckeye as well...here is a little more info...the last paragraph is a little funny...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/21/ex-teammate-brian-hartline-rips-terrelle-pryor/

Browns may use the franchise tag? Seems like a reach to me. I wouldn't pay him top 5 money despite his good year. Reading through the December posts it went from "absolute dynasty stud" dec 1 and "anyone dropping him" 2 weeks later (although perhaps that was redraft, different people).

Whats everyone's take on him at this point? He showed more than i expected, especially with such bad qb play, but benefitted from game script and being the only real target all year. He may go somewhere else but let's assume he stays in Cleveland for now, and they will certainly add a qb this offseason. Any buyers/sellers out there? It was stated above that he had "future mid 1st value" (I read that somewhere in here but couldn't find it above, maybe that was an older page or something) but I think something like a mid 2nd could get it done for some owners.

You have to understand Pryor is a pariah at sorts with OSU. He ran away when the NCAA after the tattoo scandal and took the brunt of the blame for it.

You have to understand Pryor is a pariah at sorts with OSU. He ran away when the NCAA after the tattoo scandal and took the brunt of the blame for it.
Yea and a lot of people don't like him but what's that got to do with his fantasy value?

Wish he would sign elsewhere...
I also wish he'd sign elsewhere and he's older than you'd like for a still developing player. But regarding Cleveland, while I'm sure Coleman will grow his role I had read this article on Pryor which is encouraging both for his play as well as fact he owns such a large target share which makes the Cleveland spot not as dire: Separation yards per target of top selected 15 WR's

Browns may use the franchise tag? Seems like a reach to me. I wouldn't pay him top 5 money despite his good year. Reading through the December posts it went from "absolute dynasty stud" dec 1 and "anyone dropping him" 2 weeks later (although perhaps that was redraft, different people).

Whats everyone's take on him at this point? He showed more than i expected, especially with such bad qb play, but benefitted from game script and being the only real target all year. He may go somewhere else but let's assume he stays in Cleveland for now, and they will certainly add a qb this offseason. Any buyers/sellers out there? It was stated above that he had "future mid 1st value" (I read that somewhere in here but couldn't find it above, maybe that was an older page or something) but I think something like a mid 2nd could get it done for some owners.
Browns have money to spend and not enough talent, they won't let him go. He'll likely sign a long term contract before or after he is franchised but he's not leaving.

I think he's worth a late first so sure would swat away a mid second in a hurry but I guess it does not hurt to ask.

Well, people overreact to things. Especially when past teammates say someone isn't a #1 or #2 WR. I was stating that there may be a bias in that evaluation and it shouldn't affect his fantasy value but these things tend to. But you decide that how you want. Your intellect level is clearly superior to my own.

Well, people overreact to things. Especially when past teammates say someone isn't a #1 or #2 WR. I was stating that there may be a bias in that evaluation and it shouldn't affect his fantasy value but these things tend to. But you decide that how you want. Your intellect level is clearly superior to my own.
No need to be snarky, he was just asking a question.  The same question that popped into my head immediately, so I'm sure other were wondering too.

No need to be snarky, he was just asking a question.  The same question that popped into my head immediately, so I'm sure other were wondering too.
So let me get this straight... I give an answer to the question someone asks as to why his former teammates talk poorly of him. I give an answer, which is in fact relevant to fantasy value considering how fickle people are, then I'm questioned as to its relevance on a fantasy site where everything regarding players is dissected.... and I'm the snarky one? GTFO.

I forgot all about this. I don't think it really factors into anything anymore. By the way your response is to a post that is 2 months old (12/21)  and you are the one being snarky. I only brought up Pryor today because I read the browns will (maybe) use the franchise tag, and I thought, "what a browns thing to do". Flush with cap room or not, he isn't anywhere close to top 5 money (franchise tag) and I don't see him getting there in the next 2 years either. He's good, arrow is pointing up perhaps, but I agree that he's probably not the guy you're signing to be your #1 wr. Strong second banana though.

So let me get this straight... I give an answer to the question someone asks as to why his former teammates talk poorly of him. I give an answer, which is in fact relevant to fantasy value considering how fickle people are, then I'm questioned as to its relevance on a fantasy site where everything regarding players is dissected.... and I'm the snarky one? GTFO.
Yes, when that perfectly reasonable response ends with what your post did and then you go pick another fight pretending it wasn't.

Why would he sign a 1 year deal??
The fact that Jeffries did as well says the market isn't what they thought it would be...teams seem to be putting more $ into the trenches this offseason...the fact Jeffries needs to prove he can stay on the field and Pryor only has one year under his belt probably made teams hesitant to give them long-term money...

The fact that Jeffries did as well says the market isn't what they thought it would be...teams seem to be putting more $ into the trenches this offseason...the fact Jeffries needs to prove he can stay on the field and Pryor only has one year under his belt probably made teams hesitant to give them long-term money...
Yea this and Alshon's one year is higher than what most anticipated he would get on a multi year APY.

Don't get why people think this is a bad deal or a mistake for Pryor. He gets $8m to show he was a not a one year wonder, gets to work with a much better QB and hit the open market again next season.

Browns offered him what they gave Britt, he passed. Just boils down to betting on himself and I got no problem with that.

I also think this is a great landing spot for him. He offers a lot more than Garcon IMO.

He's kind of up there in age and if he has a huge year in Washington he could potentially get one monster deal next year. 15+ million a year and 30+ million guaranteed.....

I like this move if Cousins stays. Go to a team with a solid young QB and a vacuum at WR. Collect $8 MM and then sign the really big deal next offseason. If true that he declined a 4yr/32MM offer from the Browns, that says a lot about Pryor's self belief heading into this year.

Yea this and Alshon's one year is higher than what most anticipated he would get on a multi year APY.

Don't get why people think this is a bad deal or a mistake for Pryor. He gets $8m to show he was a not a one year wonder, gets to work with a much better QB and hit the open market again next season.

Browns offered him what they gave Britt, he passed. Just boils down to betting on himself and I got no problem with that.

I also think this is a great landing spot for him. He offers a lot more than Garcon IMO.
Agreed...it's the old believe in yourself contract...if he goes out and has a big year he will probably be looking at a nice deal next off-season...if you're gonna go that route you want to put yourself in a good position to succeed and at least on paper Washington looks like a nice fit for both him and the team...

He's kind of up there in age and if he has a huge year in Washington he could potentially get one monster deal next year. 15+ million a year and 30+ million guaranteed.....
Or could be one hit away from being out of the league and broke. I get the whole "bet on yourself" thing I guess. But it is a helluva risk and a whole lot of greed to turn down $8 MILLION dollars a year. Sometimes I have to wonder what these guys are thinking.

They offered him $8-9M a year but not sure details on that in terms of how it broke out. Grossi says they offered him same contract they gave Britt.
Prior got a 140 targets out of necessity.  The year prior, Travis Benjamin had 68 receptions 966 yards and 5 TD's on 124 targets for Cleveland.  If Britt gets a 140 targets, I'd expect he would at least match Pryor's line.  Pryor likely only gets 100-110 targets in Washington, so I don't think his stats will go up.  Bad move turning down a 4 year deal of that size IMO.

Prior got a 140 targets out of necessity.  The year prior, Travis Benjamin had 68 receptions 966 yards and 5 TD's on 124 targets for Cleveland.  If Britt gets a 140 targets, I'd expect he would at least match Pryor's line.  Pryor likely only gets 100-110 targets in Washington, so I don't think his stats will go up.  Bad move turning down a 4 year deal of that size IMO.
Getting out of Cleveland is never a bad move.

Or could be one hit away from being out of the league and broke. I get the whole "bet on yourself" thing I guess. But it is a helluva risk and a whole lot of greed to turn down $8 MILLION dollars a year. Sometimes I have to wonder what these guys are thinking.

Lol @ being broke after making 8mil

If I owned Pryor I would be praying hard for Cousins to stay...but I still think he gets traded. The Skins are only going to have him for 1 more year, he made it clear he won't sign a long term deal if Bruce Allen is there. The Skins aren't going to win the SB this year, so why would you not trade him while you can get something back for him? 

He got 140 targets because he was the WR1.

Players are not equal. Pryor is better than Britt and Benjamin.

Garcon got 114 targets and DJAC got 100. Doctson still an unknown, I feel pretty confident Pryor can break a 110 target barrier.

Lol @ being broke after making 8mil
Why's that funny?  Happens all the time.  After taxes and agent he's bringing in less than $4m.  Jut moved to DC area and my guess is he's not renting....  The way these guys spend, if he's not on an NFL contract next year, he could easily be broke by 2020. 

If I owned Pryor I would be praying hard for Cousins to stay...but I still think he gets traded. The Skins are only going to have him for 1 more year, he made it clear he won't sign a long term deal if Bruce Allen is there. The Skins aren't going to win the SB this year, so why would you not trade him while you can get something back for him? 
Be nice but Pryor was learning to play WR with 6 QB's last year and did ok.

I rate Britt & Pryor about the same.  Should be interesting to see who produces more in 2017 and whether or not the difference is significant.

He got 140 targets because he was the WR1.

Players are not equal. Pryor is better than Britt and Benjamin.

Garcon got 114 targets and DJAC got 100. Doctson still an unknown, I feel pretty confident Pryor can break a 110 target barrier.
I think Cleveland got an upgrade in Britt.

I think Cleveland got an upgrade in Britt.
Ok, I don't agree but welcome to your opinion and for what it's worth Cleveland would have rather given the contract they gave to Britt to Pryor.  Personally I don't think they are close in talent but that's why we play this game.

Users who are viewing this thread