Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Everybody just keeps talking about his PPR value, but he is a stud in any format right now.

Very true. Previously he held most value in PPR, but now all formats can start him with confidence.

I had tried to trade him with another WR to boost my rb situation. I even offered Murray and Vereen for McCoy at one point. Glad he rejected.

Rodgers coming back, Vereen looking like a stud... It's all coming together for me (just to watch it all crash and burn knowing my luck for playoffs)

Rodgers coming back, Vereen looking like a stud... It's all coming together for me (just to watch it all crash and burn knowing my luck for playoffs)

Go Bears.

Unfortunately I tried to trade for Vereen right after his injury, failed to manage a deal, and got bounced this week by the Vereen owner. Painful.

if you were able to weather the storm while he was hurt, and your first 4 or 5 picks stayed healthy he was a great add in round 5 or 6.

so where is his value next year, obviously with wild bill as the coach you never know what will happen but

fair to say defintely in first 2 rounds?

if you were able to weather the storm while he was hurt, and your first 4 or 5 picks stayed healthy he was a great add in round 5 or 6.

so where is his value next year, obviously with wild bill as the coach you never know what will happen but

fair to say defintely in first 2 rounds?

Ridley could very well be the big dog next year too. However, I think it was clear from day 1 that BB wanted Vereen's abilities on the field. If everyone is injury free and Ridley is competent, Vereen is still a fantasy starter next season. If Ridley poops his pants, Vereen should be a stud.

Well, since this seems to be the Vereen specific "bragging" thread:

I traded for him in Week 4 for Fred Jackson, sat him on IR, and bet on him for the playoffs. Deep league, so Jackson was/is a very good starter. After sweating for the season, it's paying off.

Thanks in part to much of the info in the Shark Pool. I know I added no info here, but just couldn't hold it in. Not much better than a trade paying off for a playoff run.

Edited by Hoss Style

I assume a lot of you are starting him with confidence this week? He's pretty low on the rb lists but I assume his value at flex is off the charts. Who are you guys starting over him, specifically at RB? I'm not sure what to do with him just yet. (no flex option)

Edited by Billy Bats

I assume a lot of you are starting him with confidence this week? He's pretty low on the rb lists but I assume his value at flex is off the charts. Who are you guys starting over him, specifically at RB? I'm not sure what to do with him just yet. (no flex option)

If you mean the FBG lists, I bet he moves up them in the next couple days. I never put much stock in the Tues/Wed rankings.

If you mean the FBG lists, I bet he moves up them in the next couple days. I never put much stock in the Tues/Wed rankings.

Yea I was surprised he was so low here, and I usually don't look at them until later in the week/weekend if necessary.

In over Andre Brown (again), MJD (even if healthy), PPR

Cool, much easier decision in a PPR. My league isn't so that's why I'm a little more hesitant to give him a go.

Paired with Charles: starting over Morris and Mathews in a 0.5 PPR.

Rolling with Lacy and Stacy. Need to pick 3 of Andre, A. Brown, VJax and Vereen. As of right now Vereen gets the nod over VJax. I'm sure that will change 14 times till sunday.

Starting him as my RB2 in standard with extreme confidence over Fred Jackson and Montee Ball (and Gerhart, who I could grab from the WW).

I too was surprised FBG has him ranked so low this week, but this is one of those instances where I'm not going to let that influence me; Vereen is too good to bench in any format.

Starting him over Moreno in standard non ppr. Just think he's more of a focal point in the offense than Moreno this week and I hate that Moreno plays on Thursday.

I just looked at Dodd's PPR rankings and he is up there pretty high. I have him paired up with Moreno with LeVeon Bell on the bench.

I just looked at Dodd's PPR rankings and he is up there pretty high. I have him paired up with Moreno with LeVeon Bell on the bench.

I'm starting him this week, but think the Dolphin D will do a decent job containing him and have tempered expectations. I also have Levean Bell and I can see him having a strong game against the Bengal D at home. That said, I'm going with Vereen as well.

I said this on another thread but it also more directly applies here. I am leaning towards benching Vareen in a non-PPR league in favor of Moreno and Alf Morris. With Cousins playing I can see a heavy dose of Morris and the ATL D is weak.

• Like 1

I'm starting him this week, but think the Dolphin D will do a decent job containing him and have tempered expectations. I also have Levean Bell and I can see him having a strong game against the Bengal D at home. That said, I'm going with Vereen as well.

I went Bell last week and benched Vereen and he blew up. So naturally, the exact opposite should happen this week. <_<

They may rely on Verreen more but as far as PPR's go I'd expect his points to stay pretty much where they are. I'm not expecting his PPG to jump from 20 to 30.

They may rely on Verreen more but as far as PPR's go I'd expect his points to stay pretty much where they are. I'm not expecting his PPG to jump from 20 to 30.

I'm not saying he'll jump to 30ppg, but I do think he'll see a consistently higher amount of snaps/targets/carries and his opportunity to hit 30 is might brighter.

vereens scoring has increased every week and hes now the best player on offense besides brady. you better find a way to start him

Pretty sure when I looked earlier today, he was #1 in FBG's PPR rankings. In PPR, there really isn't anyone I would start over him. He should be in the must starts with Charles, Forte and McCoy. Glad I got him in week 8 now that ADP and Lacy are dinged up. He would have started with those two and only a healthy ADP would start over him. I would start Vereen over a healthy Lacy if I had to make a decision (one would flex).

Oh, in this league, he absolutely made up for lackluster games from ADP, Dez and Garcon to get me to the next round.

Edited by stbugs

After losing both AP and Bush this past week, Vereen will be moved into a starting roll for the semifinal

Ok. i get that he is now the main target. But, with him being the top option, teams can now game plan to stop him. Previously they needed to focus on Gronk. Now, they cant do that. Noone is concerned about that?

Ok. i get that he is now the main target. But, with him being the top option, teams can now game plan to stop him. Previously they needed to focus on Gronk. Now, they cant do that. Noone is concerned about that?

He did well week1 with no gronk

True but that was week 1 and they might not have game planned against him as the true number 1 target in that game.

True but that was week 1 and they might not have game planned against him as the true number 1 target in that game.

Not too worried about that because of his versatility and his QB. Brady knows where he wants him and can change the play to move Vereen wherever he can create a mismatch. I like those odds....

He felt safer to me with gronk around but it's hard to say. Patrots slow starts all the time are a bigger concern.

Vereen owner, fins fan here. Miami has trouble with scat backs, look at sproles line against Miami. 7rec, 128+ td,and he rushed for a td too

• Like 1

I think Gronk being out helps him the most. The targets that would have gone to Gronk are now going to be split up amongst the rest of the receivers on NE. Brady right now has very little confidence in anyone except for Vereen. Maybe Edelman and possibly Amendola get an uptick from Gronk being out but Vereen fits into not only the flat areas of a RB, he can be lined up in the slot or out wide to create a mismatch. I see him being close to the Welker role now. How often did teams the last few years know it was going to Welker and still couldn't stop him? 12-15 targets is not out of the question in the remaining games. I just hope they give him around 5-10 carries as well.

I disagree. Gronk drew coverage AWAY from everyone else. There is a reason why the Pats have scored 12 more per game since his return.

However, if Vereen continues to get 55-60% of the RB snaps, you still have to like him in dynasty until Brady hangs them up.

No.

I want the guy who is the offensive go-to.

It's funny...if the guy isn't the go-to, people poo-poo that he is second fiddle or isn't guaranteed targets or carries. But then if he's #1, they say " but defenses will gameplan to stop him ". You can't have it both ways.

I prefer guys who are expected to have a prominent role in their offense

I also owned Gronk on this team, and I loved having both of them...I'm hurting without Gronk (And Welker....#### injuries), but what are you gonna do?

Edited by Leonidas

Starting Vereen with confidence. Other than Charles, Forte, Shady, Peterson, and probably a healthy Reggie Bush, there's no RB that I'd start over Vereen in a PPR League. Honestly, he's a RB1 in standard leagues at this point.

FF GMs that were patient and stashed Vereen will reap the rewards right at FF playoff time.

Edited by dcgangstas

No.

It's funny...if the guy isn't the go-to, people poo-poo that he is second fiddle or isn't guaranteed targets or carries. But then if he's #1, they say " but defenses will gameplan to stop him ". You can't have it both ways.

I also owned Gronk on this team, and I loved having both of them...I'm hurting without Gronk (And Welker....#### injuries), but what are you gonna do?

Its one thing to trust the go to wr that has proven themselves for a long period of time. Vereen is unproven as the go to. Some folks get that type of attention and cant produce being doubled on a regular basis. Just playing devils advocate amongst all the jock riding up in here. I just dont think folks should anoint him as a top 5 option just because hes the only option. tread carefully.

I'm not too sure I'm starting him. If I did, I might bench Gio (RB) or Allen (WR/RB Flex). He caught 12 passes last week. He couldn't possibly do the same this week could he?

No.

Its one thing to trust the go to wr that has proven themselves for a long period of time. Vereen is unproven as the go to. Some folks get that type of attention and cant produce being doubled on a regular basis. Just playing devils advocate amongst all the jock riding up in here. I just dont think folks should anoint him as a top 5 option just because hes the only option. tread carefully.

Agreed, not sure how I'm going to approach him this week.

As an aside, I loved watching the NFL Replay of the Browns game. The All-Vereen Drive late in the third (where he was responsible -along with Brady - for all the yardage on that three play drive) was amazing.

• Like 1

It's amazing to think what a full season would have looked like! I mean he could have been in the discussion for MVP candidate!

I'm not too sure I'm starting him. If I did, I might bench Gio (RB) or Allen (WR/RB Flex). He caught 12 passes last week. He couldn't possibly do the same this week could he?

I hope this is non-PPR, but even so, not getting this. You must have benched him last week as well. In 5 games in my PPR + bonus for 100, he is averaging 21.8 in PPR to Bernard's 13.3. That means Vereen's worst game of 14 is above Gio's average. Even Allen minus his first 2 games is averaging 18.3 (15.8 including the first 2 weeks). In PPR, especially with the 1.5 games without Gronk, he has been better than both Gio and Allen and considerably better than Gio. Heck, only Charles is averaging better than Vereen in my league, but 0.6 ppg.

Dobson, Thompkins, gronk out. Does anyone else feel a let down game coming with Miami simply keying on Vereen and taking him out of the game?