Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Dobson, Thompkins, gronk out. Does anyone else feel a let down game coming with Miami simply keying on Vereen and taking him out of the game?

If they do that, Miami is going to loose. Brady will pick them apart.

Dobson, Thompkins, gronk out. Does anyone else feel a let down game coming with Miami simply keying on Vereen and taking him out of the game?

They'll move him around. I think he'll be fine.

With who?

With who?

:popcorn: i mean. i am starting vereen over r bush. But i am concerned about this.

With who?

That was kind of my point and why I am considering going with SJax in a more favorable matchup. I can't believe I'm considering that but that's how nervous I am with Vereen this week.

With who?

That was kind of my point and why I am considering going with SJax in a more favorable matchup. I can't believe I'm considering that but that's how nervous I am with Vereen this week.

I dont know that i would go this far.

There is way to much on the line here for the Pats. I think you can trust Brady in situations such as this and Vereen is a stud so if you have him you can't second guess this or over think it.

With who?

I was at that Miami/NO game and Sproles could have run up and down that field all day; the Phins LBs could not even possibly hope to keep up.

I think they move him around enough that Vereen will be fine. Vereen is so good out of the backfield that he creates mismatches. I think NE might run him a bit more than usual, and when a good matchup presents itself take to the passing game.

Vereen's hard to cover in Belichick's system.

Edited by Hoss Style

With who?

I was at that Miami/NO game and Sproles could have run up and down that field all day; the Phins LBs could not even possibly hope to keep up.

1st of all it was a close 1st half but I believe you. I also think Miami is a different team right now and the defense can key in on folks. They have a shut down type with Brent Grimes so not a lot of big throws going that way IMHO. Nolan Carroll might be pressed but again what WR is going to do that?

No TE to exploit the Phins, we quickly turn to the Pats next favorite thing-RBs out of the backfield. I hope I don't see Miami getting gashed by screen after screen in this game.

Vereen has been money when he is on the field, we'll see with nothing see to keep defenses honest if he can produce the same.

I'm as prone to overthinking my lineup as anyone, and I understand the Gronk argument, but you'd have to saw Vereen's legs off for me to consider benching him.

As a Phins homer I will simply say this, Vereen might be relevant for FF owners today but I do not think he will impact the game as much for the Pats as he might for your line up.

A defense keying on stopping a rb that comes out of the backfield is a recipe for disaster on their part.

FWIW in non-ppr I'm seriously considering benching Lynch for Vereen. We can only start 2 RBs and I've already started Moreno. Don't overthink it. With all those players out Vereen should get more work than ever this week. Vereen is on fire!

If that first series was any indication of the game plan, Vereen owners are going to be very dissapointed today. He was hardly used except to block.

Edited by ponchsox

It's safe to say pretty much all the experts were wrong on Vereen this week. Seems like covering him is a big part of the Dolphin's game plan.

Just not happening today. At this point I'll just be happy with another 2-3 catches and another 20 yards. And at this point I think that's asking for a lot.

Shane is going to be like this if the defense is keeping CBs and good coverage safeties his way, he doesnt beat them well enough.

Edited by BigSteelThrill

Finally succumbed to the hype THIS week. Still was skeptical last week but played him. Now he craps the bed of course

I didn't see where he was a big part of the game-plan. His only carries were as the Pats were running out the clock 1st half. Miami was on top of him any time he did catch the ball, I don't see much in the way of dazzling moves here. I'm sure when he is uncovered he can catch it with the best of them but he wasn't called upon all that much today.

question is...for those of us who survived this, is it worth take 2 next week??

today is the first and last time he sees my lineup. unless i get a major injury that is.

question is...for those of us who survived this, is it worth take 2 next week??

I think if you are an underdog in your matchup you play him. If not, maybe you think twice for someone with a better floor.

There is way to much on the line here for the Pats. I think you can trust Brady in situations such as this and Vereen is a stud so if you have him you can't second guess this or over think it.

Thanks.

Great sig

Think I might be cutting him loose in my keeper league, too. Just don't see him being used effectively on a regular basis, ever.

He was the #2 ranked RB in points per game this season behind Charles coming into this week. You sure it's not sour grapes?