What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shane Vereen (1 Viewer)

MoveToSkypager said:
I enjoyed Larry and Chaka's posts here. Larry of course was right, but that's no matter.
Right about what? As far as I can tell aside from pointing out that Vereen apparently was the target of one out of every four snaps last season (a nice stat BTW), the only thing Larry is doing is disagreeing with other people's stances (sometimes going into great detail as to why, which I appreciate even if don't always agree with) yet not taking any stances of his own.

Still not sure what his projections for Vereen are but he seems to be high on him. I am guessing he may be protecting his valuable projections from the prying eyes of others in his league(s).

Chaka said:
Fine, I give up. Vereen is not a time share guy who will have to rely on yardage and catches to inflate his fantasy value because he will get limited work around the goal line.

So what is his role then? Lead back in line for 250+ touches including plenty of opportunities at the stripe?
:confused:

Why so defensive? I was just pointing out that all four of Vereen's touchdowns were from inside the 10 last year, when you suggested that was merely a between the 20s guy. No, he likely won't be a goal line back, and, no, he likely won't get 250 touches, but he won't have to to be as good as some of us think he will be.
Wasn't really directed at you.

Mid RB#2 in a PPR.

That's a textbook example of what he brings to their offense...he's a playmaker and they are going to give him a ton of opportunities to make plays this year...that play is almost always there...he dropped a few of those last year that were there for him...

I'm not sure what to think here because i feel like vereen and Edelman both look too good to be true.
I could not be higher on both of them...they are totally in sync with Brady and both are legit playmakers...the x-factor is Gronk because as good as those two look Gronk will be the focal point of the offense...if these guys can stay healthy they have a real opportunity to have a top-shelf offense that can attack defenses in every way imaginable...

I'm not sure what to think here because i feel like vereen and Edelman both look too good to be true.
I could not be higher on both of them...they are totally in sync with Brady and both are legit playmakers...the x-factor is Gronk because as good as those two look Gronk will be the focal point of the offense...if these guys can stay healthy they have a real opportunity to have a top-shelf offense that can attack defenses in every way imaginable...
just bear in mind it's a big pie already, and gronk makes it substantially bigger

just bear in mind it's a big pie already, and gronk makes it substantially bigger
Agreed...that's one of the reasons Brady maybe the player on their offense that is undervalued...he could really be surrounded by a lot of weapons this year...

that one was actually outside the 20s

what was the estimate again -- 5 td?
5-6
would you get mad at me if I asked how many pats games you saw last year, and how many when vereen played?
Of cours I wouldn't get mad, I appreciate when you actually engage. The answer is I Don't know off hand, how many were televised nationally? May I ask you how many NFL teams you work for? Okay that was snarky how about, may I ask you if you are a Patriots fan? Or a Cal fan?

Idk what Vereens ADP is atm, but I got him tonight in a 10 team PPR draft, deep starting lineups at 25th RB, 66th overall.

Where are the Vereen Haters now? Its funny that those that bash him won't even acknowledge his game tonight...nor his fantasy forecast potential [especially in PPR) this year. Haters are (and will be eating) a lot of crow from this thread and their stench of puke they spew about him..

lol.....

Too early to take him In the early 4th of a 0.5 PPR league?

I missed tonight's game but he just seems like a mismatch. I have visions of his first game of the season from 2013. Beast game and then he got hurt. Imagine what his stock would be if he played all 16 games...ugh I don't think I'll be able to get him in the late 5th now...

Where are the Vereen Haters now? Its funny that those that bash him won't even acknowledge his game tonight...nor his fantasy forecast potential [especially in PPR) this year. Haters are (and will be eating) a lot of crow from this thread and their stench of puke they spew about him..

lol.....
"WHEREZ THE HATERZ now!" posts from preseason games, lmao. :rolleyes:

I read a few tweets from Evan Silva, and he seems to think he's much more than a PPR guy. If he played a full season, could he be an RB2 in non PPR?

lol.....
lol

Great game without Dobson and Gronk entirely and Ridley being a non-factor. But it's one preseason game, calm down

I read a few tweets from Evan Silva, and he seems to think he's much more than a PPR guy. If he played a full season, could he be an RB2 in non PPR?
Absolutely. The sticky part will be how BB uses the RBs and how is targets might be impacted by the return of Gronk. He got more carries today than I expected which is a good sign. The limiting factor with him has always been the lack of rushes. I wouldn't expect him score a TD every 5 touches so let's not get too carried away from 1 preseason half.

lol.....
:lmao:

:fishy:

Absolutely. The sticky part will be how BB uses the RBs and how is targets might be impacted by the return of Gronk. He got more carries today than I expected which is a good sign. The limiting factor with him has always been the lack of rushes. I wouldn't expect him score a TD every 5 touches so let's not get too carried away from 1 preseason half.
:goodposting:

I know that I am coming off as the anti-Vereen guy in this thread and I apologize for that. But I really appreciate threads like this because they make me do a deep analysis of a player that I really hadn't given much thought to. Andre Johnson is another one.

I had Vereen as RB#35 on my draft board (non-PPR) and after all the analysis I have done I realize that I have him undervalued in my league. I should probably bump him up to around RB#24-28.

I think 1,100 yards and 5-6 TDs is possible for him but I don't see 80 catches.
Might have to bump him to RB#22-24 now.

Draft him as a 2, start him every week and then pray that he is involved in the gameplan from week to week.

Don't complain when he has a below avg game, but rejoice when he blows up!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm. I'm really starting to consider him in my main home league. 10 team non-ppr. But when? 4th even 5th round feels too high,

Draft him as a 2, start him every week and then pray that he is involved in the gameplan from week to week.

Don't complain when he has a below avg game, but rejoice when he blows up!
Last night is giving me pause specifically because of this issue. I am in a non-PPR league so he will lack week-over-week consistency but it does look like he has the potential to have those out of nowhere 100+ yard, multiple-TD games that win weeks for you. I think there will be plenty of 50ish yard 0 TD so I prefer to have a player like him in a flex spot for my league but he looks to be a solid enough option to warrant a #2RB spot in a pinch in non-PPR leagues.

lol.....
I am not a Vereen Hater, he is very talented and no one would love to see him have huge year more than I.

My concern with him is his injury history; he has missed more games than Gronk in the last 3 years. In fact I believe it is more likely Gronk plays 16 games; however, much like Gronk, if he does play 16 games he will help u win your league for sure.

Roto has added their blurb:

Stevan Ridley - RB - Patriots
ESPN Boston does not have Stevan Ridley making the 53-man roster in their latest projection.
We don't see any way Ridley gets cut, as he's clearly the team's best inside running option as long as he doesn't fumble. But the projection comes from ace beat man Mike Reiss, who is not prone to hyperbole. Ridley played just 11 snaps in Friday night's third preseason game, and did lose a fumble in the second preseason game. Reiss has the Patriots keeping four running backs on the active roster (Shane Vereen, James White, Brandon Bolden, Jonas Gray) and one on the practice squad (Roy Finch).
Source: ESPN Boston
Aug 25 - 8:28 AM

Users who are viewing this thread