What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Shane Vereen (2 Viewers)

Week 1 - 71% snaps - 7 carries / 8 targets

Week 2 - 29% - 6 carries / 1 target

Week 3 - 37% - 7 carries / 5 targets

I don't know what it means.
he got dinged during week two, supposedly impacted his play (from what I inferred from reading), still wasn't 100% last week and new england tried to win via smash mouth. Almost back fired. New plan this week against similar caliber opponent. He also plays a lot more when playing from behind.

Week 1 - 71% snaps - 7 carries / 8 targets

Week 2 - 29% - 6 carries / 1 target

Week 3 - 37% - 7 carries / 5 targets

I don't know what it means.
I think it means - NE is fighting to keep up, see Vereen get targeted in the pass game. NE grinding it out to hold a lead, Vereen is invisible.

So how is the KC game going to go down? Dodds & Bloom actually have him ranked pretty decently.

Last edited by a moderator:
Shane Vereen is absent from the Week 4 injury report.
Vereen was "limited" with a shoulder issue last week. Off to a slow start this season, Vereen is a boom-or-bust RB2 for Monday night's showdown with the Chiefs.

Yup, I drank the Kool aid despite Billichick's rep. In the future I will revert to avoiding Pats RBs, because Billichick's coaching style. Sure, he rode Correy Dillon at one point, but that now appears to be an anomaly, not the norm.

I hate NE RB's to begin with, because Belichick is 2nd only to Mike Shanahan in screwing your starting RB over in the last minute. If you own him, I wouldn't cut him yet, but I wouldn't start him until he shows you some points on the bench. He could have 2 broken legs and Bill isn't gonna put that on the injury report. Bill will also trade him for a lunch-able and a half flat can of Schlitz malt liquor if he isn't producing as much as Bill wants. My best advice to Vereen owners is to try and trade with the Ridley owners because they are as scared as you are. Trade him away instead of trying to trade for Ridley. Bill is equally likely to sign a guy at RB because he liked how the guy broke the line when he stole Bill's wallet at the Bus Stop. That stooge will start the same week he's signed and probably produce. NE RB's are always a soap opera.

More shuffling it seems, its being reported that Stork is getting his first start ever at Center, Connoly LG and Fleming RG.

I'd like for him to do something tonight. I thought he was a safe ppr pick, but is looking like a bust.

Watch James White get 20 carries. That would be our luck with Belicheck.
Is he active? Oh boy. It's time for the five headed committee of Ridley, Vereen, Bolden, White and Devilen.

ETA: Can't forget about Edelman on the end around. :lol:

Step right up, step right up... Be amazed, be bewildered, be mystified, be amused....for this evening you will see the strangest use of running backs ever imagined by your mind and heart. Some will make you laugh. With some you will cry.

Really wished I hadn't watched the replay of that long catch. If he jukes inside at the 45, then stays along the sidelines, he's gone.

:wall:

Rotoworld:

Shane Vereen - RB - Patriots

Shane Vereen rushed for 26 yards on eight carries in the Patriots' Week 4 loss to the Chiefs, adding 41 yards on five catches.

Vereen saw the bulk of the work in the backfield with the Patriots getting blown out and in pass-first mode. Unfortunately, he didn't do much with his touches, turning in a long gain of nine yards. Through four games, Vereen is on pace for 860 total yards and eight touchdowns. Expectations were higher heading into the season. Vereen will be a touch-dependent RB3 next week vs. Cincinnati.

Sep 30 - 12:12 AM

Really wished I hadn't watched the replay of that long catch. If he jukes inside at the 45, then stays along the sidelines, he's gone.

And if my grandmother had wheels she'd be a wagon.
It's tiresome reading your posts.

I say black... you say white. I get it.
Seriously? I don't think I specifically have been responding to you in here. It's certainly not intentional. The only person I can think of who posts in here regularly, when things are going well, is Larry.

Or is this about the Raider thread? Sorry for being skeptical about Gruden, but I am. I think he is living off of rep and will never leave the booth.

Seriously? I don't think I specifically have been responding to you in here. It's certainly not intentional. The only person I can think of who posts in here regularly, when things are going well, is Larry.

Or is this about the Raider thread? Sorry for being skeptical about Gruden, but I am. I think he is living off of rep and will never leave the booth.
It's about every thread. Every time I see you've posted after I post, I know you'll be challenging whatever it is I wrote.

Doesn't make you a bad guy -- you just like being the dissenting voice, it appears.

It's about every thread. Every time I see you've posted after I post, I know you'll be challenging whatever it is I wrote.

Doesn't make you a bad guy -- you just like being the dissenting voice, it appears.
Hmmmm...never thought about that. Again it certainly isn't with intent towards you as you seem to be a reasonable poster, if a little jaded towards the Raiders (or a lot). And I think it is primarily in that thread where I would have been a "dissenting" voice, although I like to think I have been more of a voice of reason.

IIRC I disagreed pretty strongly with starting Carr over McGloin, which was a big sticking point with most of the faithful.

Apologies for being "tiresome".

Why would you dispute what I wrote about watching the Vereen replay? I'm telling you, if he faked back inside and then hugged the sideline, he likely would have gone untouched the final 40 yards. Instead, he slowed up and waited for a block by Amendola which never came, because he whiffed on the defender.

He might put you out of work if you don't stay on it. Surely there is a Flacco thread you could be bumping :coffee:

All that coach speak and talk from Brady in the preseason.

We're going to feed him.

He's a part of every package.

Wtf

We need a Ridley fumble.

Users who are viewing this thread