What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Honey Badger (1 Viewer)

ImTheScientist

Footballguy
Former LSU DB Tyrann Mathieu, along with three other former Tigers, were arrested on Thursday on drug-related charges.The three other players include quarterback Jordan Jefferson, linebacker Karnell Hatcher, and safety Derrick Bryant. Jefferson and Mathieu were charged with Simple Possession of Marijuana, Hatcher was charged with 2nd Offense Simple Possession of Marijuana and Bryant was charged with Possession With Intent to Distribute Marijuana. Police said a search of Mathieu's apartment found a marijuana grinder, digital scale and 10 bags of high grade marijuana. Mathieu is the only one of the four with eligibility remaining, and it appeared he was on track to rejoin the football program next season, but this is definitely a road block to that conclusion.
On a side note..... "marijuana grinder" .... :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy, read the first post and thought "future Patriots second-round pick...." by Coach Doesn't-Give-A-Damn...

I don't understand this guy. I thought he shouldve went and played at another school because of his draft stock. He decides to sit out this year and get reinstated for LSU next year. Now he gets busted for weed and their is no way Miles can let him back on the team now.

Draft stock down the drain and he's going to have to transfer to another school. Year wasted... and this guy has kids to support... what an idiot.

I don't understand this guy. I thought he shouldve went and played at another school because of his draft stock. He decides to sit out this year and get reinstated for LSU next year. Now he gets busted for weed and their is no way Miles can let him back on the team now.

Draft stock down the drain and he's going to have to transfer to another school. Year wasted... and this guy has kids to support... what an idiot.
You nailed it w/o knowing.

You nailed it w/o knowing.
Thanks

As an LSU alumnus and current law student, hahahaha.

My fb news feed is blowing up...JJ should've been kicked off the team last season as well.

Former LSU DB Tyrann Mathieu, along with three other former Tigers, were arrested on Thursday on drug-related charges.The three other players include quarterback Jordan Jefferson, linebacker Karnell Hatcher, and safety Derrick Bryant. Jefferson and Mathieu were charged with Simple Possession of Marijuana, Hatcher was charged with 2nd Offense Simple Possession of Marijuana and Bryant was charged with Possession With Intent to Distribute Marijuana. Police said a search of Mathieu's apartment found a marijuana grinder, digital scale and 10 bags of high grade marijuana. Mathieu is the only one of the four with eligibility remaining, and it appeared he was on track to rejoin the football program next season, but this is definitely a road block to that conclusion.
What's funny about a grinder?

This all goes back the national championship and going scoreless against a 3rd place team they had beaten once before on their home field - LSU was divided, it was dead before it got on the field, and Miles shut it down from second one in order to teach a lesson to certain players on the team that had spoken out.

Somewhere there is a greater scandal about what happened in the locker room in the hours before.

This is not just a roach in a car with a bottle of beer, this is distribution. Mathieu will never play a down in the NFL if it turns out that he was dealing in the locker room.

:goodposting: Why is having a grinder funny?

I thought it was better to smoke the buds... I guess I've been out of the loop for too long?

I don't understand this guy. I thought he shouldve went and played at another school because of his draft stock. He decides to sit out this year and get reinstated for LSU next year. Now he gets busted for weed and their is no way Miles can let him back on the team now.Draft stock down the drain and he's going to have to transfer to another school. Year wasted... and this guy has kids to support... what an idiot.
What he should have done is move to CA, get a medical marijuana card and smoked as much legal weed as he wanted while getting ready for the draft.

I thought it was better to smoke the buds... I guess I've been out of the loop for too long?
and what exactly do you think he's grinding?

Stems and seeds. Obviously.

The SI story on him was incredible

his dad wrote a letter to the mother of one of his kids saying she was going to kill her new boyfriend, and advising she use the letter in court against him. Then the day after he got out of prison he did just what he said.

He (Cornbread Hayes, Honeybadger's father) fathered four children with three women and served a two-year prison sentence, from 1991 to '93, for robbing a store. While in prison, Hayes got word that one of his daughters, born to ex-girlfriend Sonya Smith, was calling Smith's new boyfriend Daddy. Hayes wrote to her saying that the guy, Donald (Pork and Beans) Noten, would die. "Keep this letter," Cornbread wrote, "to use it as evidence in my murder case."

Hours after being released from prison, Hayes and at least one other armed man sought out Noten. According to Smith, Hayes stood over Noten with a gun drawn as he pleaded for his life and pulled hundreds of dollars from his pockets. Noten was shot seven times by two guns. Cornbread denies he murdered Noten, saying he regrets his "casual involvement." But along with the letter to Smith showing he'd contemplated Noten's death, he sent one to a fellow inmate afterward that seemed to confess: "The n----- cross me wrong. And that cost him his life." The passage included a smiley face.

In 1994, Hayes was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Black people smoke blunts. Joints/blunts are far easier to roll if the weed is ground up. I used to have a coffee grinder in my house for the sole purpose of grinding weed for joints when I wasn't smoking bowls, steamrollers, bongs, or gravity bongs.

The SI story on him was incrediblehis dad wrote a letter to the mother of one of his kids saying she was going to kill her new boyfriend, and advising she use the letter in court against him. Then the day after he got out of prison he did just what he said.
It was. I read that yesterday morning during my morning dump and then saw this story maybe 12-13 hours later.

He (Cornbread Hayes, Honeybadger's father) fathered four children with three women and served a two-year prison sentence, from 1991 to '93, for robbing a store. While in prison, Hayes got word that one of his daughters, born to ex-girlfriend Sonya Smith, was calling Smith's new boyfriend Daddy. Hayes wrote to her saying that the guy, Donald (Pork and Beans) Noten, would die. "Keep this letter," Cornbread wrote, "to use it as evidence in my murder case."

Hours after being released from prison, Hayes and at least one other armed man sought out Noten. According to Smith, Hayes stood over Noten with a gun drawn as he pleaded for his life and pulled hundreds of dollars from his pockets. Noten was shot seven times by two guns. Cornbread denies he murdered Noten, saying he regrets his "casual involvement." But along with the letter to Smith showing he'd contemplated Noten's death, he sent one to a fellow inmate afterward that seemed to confess: "The n----- cross me wrong. And that cost him his life." The passage included a smiley face.

In 1994, Hayes was convicted of second-degree murder and sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
On the other hand, I believe the stepfather who raised him is known to be a pretty good guy, he used to be a FedEx delivery guy known by name around downtown (CBD) and Vieux Carre in New Orleans.

The SI story on him was incrediblehis dad wrote a letter to the mother of one of his kids saying she was going to kill her new boyfriend, and advising she use the letter in court against him. Then the day after he got out of prison he did just what he said.
It was. I read that yesterday morning during my morning dump and then saw this story maybe 12-13 hours later.
I did the same thing and thought it was terribly ironic. He was saying a lot of the right things in that article, such as not going out anymore. Apparently that didn't last long. He's a talent, no doubt. I never felt he was higher than a 2nd rounder but he had a bright future. He'll still be in the NFL, just going to have to takes much longer, harder and less lucerative road.

I don't understand this guy. I thought he shouldve went and played at another school because of his draft stock. He decides to sit out this year and get reinstated for LSU next year. Now he gets busted for weed and their is no way Miles can let him back on the team now.Draft stock down the drain and he's going to have to transfer to another school. Year wasted... and this guy has kids to support... what an idiot.
What he should have done is move to CA, get a medical marijuana card and smoked as much legal weed as he wanted while getting ready for the draft.
Well that worked out great for Mr. Marinovich, now didn't it?

Stems and seeds? That's ghetto. It's all about the buds, man. Not even like buds, more like bros. Make your own relationships, seek out your own peer group, I've found mine.

Stems and seeds? That's ghetto. It's all about the buds, man. Not even like buds, more like bros. Make your own relationships, seek out your own peer group, I've found mine.
Obviously.

Well of course he should quit but if he's not then don't stay in a backwards place like Baton Rouge (no offense) with cops who get a hard on busting people for weed.

Just out of curiosity, what's "10 bags of high grade" weed go for these days? More than your average college student would have on hand???

Just out of curiosity, what's "10 bags of high grade" weed go for these days? More than your average college student would have on hand???
How much is in the bags?

How much is in the bags?
A dime yo!

'cstu said:

Well of course he should quit but if he's not then don't stay in a backwards place like Baton Rouge (no offense) with cops who get a hard on busting people for weed.
Ha, ok good point, and no offense taken because BR & NO are worlds apart.

Users who are viewing this thread