What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Nick Foles era (3 Viewers)

USA Today) Updating a previous report, St. Louis Rams QB Nick Foles' two-year contract extension is worth more than $24 million, according to a source, and the final year can be voided based on team performance or if Foles makes the Pro Bowl.

Good deal. Only bit of risk for the Rams is theyre on the hook for 14m next year. If he plays well this is a very reasonable deal.

Rotoworld:

Nick Foles completed 10-of-11 passes for 128 yards and a touchdown in Saturday's preseason game against the Colts.

Foles played the entire first half, but took a seat at the break. All things considered, it wasn't a bad night for a quarterback who had little time to throw and put up with an embarrassing amount of penalties. Foles had a long completion to Tavon Austin called back by a ticky tack offensive pass interference call. Foles' lead feet were on display, however, and could be a big problem behind St. Louis' shaky line. The Chip Kelly product finishes the summer 16-of-23 for 215 yards (9.34 YPA), one touchdown and one pick. He's a low-end QB2.

Aug 29 - 10:47 PM

So while everyone's going nuts about Bradford... Foles went 10/11/128/1/0 this last weekend. Apparently he hit on a big pass to Givens. Any observations from anyone who watched the game or saw him this PS?

Last edited by a moderator:
The more I read about it and see that was a hell of a win by Foles, it sounds like an extremely impressive performance vs Seattle, outside of the fumble-6.

Anyone see it all? Observations on Foles?

Nick being Nick. How many comebacks did he have in his 7 games he finished last year? 3 plus he got them down there in the SF and AZ losses.

foley canoli miagi styled the hell out of that one and won the game that guy is a brohan and i think he is a dandy take that to the bank brochachos

The more I read about it and see that was a hell of a win by Foles, it sounds like an extremely impressive performance vs Seattle, outside of the fumble-6.

Anyone see it all? Observations on Foles?
Very impressed - he seemed in control the entire game.

The fumble-6 was a great defensive play and could have happened to anyone.

foley canoli miagi styled the hell out of that one and won the game that guy is a brohan and i think he is a dandy take that to the bank brochachos
Every time something bad happened and SEA scored, Foles answered and just kept coming back, clutch and relentless, like a hybrid of a brohondo and a brohanator.BROHONDONATOR? :)

Foles and the Rams ganked SEA.

ho posted in: The Nick Foles era

Member name Posts

Insein 190

ShaHBucks 162

Amused to Death 90

Bigboy10182000 90

Faust 67

cstu 63

wdcrob 51

MAC_32 48

ConnSKINS26 41

JuniorNB 35
Never realized how big a gap that was.

Foles looked really good. He's exactly what the Rams needed. Big, strong, accurate, good arm, pretty accurate, moves around the pocket well with his eyes downfield. He's also smart and a very good leader. Many attributes that Sam doesn't have.

Foles looked really good. He's exactly what the Rams needed. Big, strong, accurate, good arm, pretty accurate, moves around the pocket well with his eyes downfield. He's also smart and a very good leader. Many attributes that Sam doesn't have.
I wouldn't say accuracy was Bradfords problem, but yes Nick has that "it" factor that QBs have. Too many people in Philly dismissed that element.

+ on the eyes downfield part. Watching Bradford vs the falcs was frustrating. But Foles managed to make Cook effective first game out. I think someone is going to emerge from that Rams receiving corps to pair up with Foles. Could be exciting times in St. Louis, it will be interesting if they go on a tear.

+ on the eyes downfield part. Watching Bradford vs the falcs was frustrating. But Foles managed to make Cook effective first game out. I think someone is going to emerge from that Rams receiving corps to pair up with Foles. Could be exciting times in St. Louis, it will be interesting if they go on a tear.
I don't see it yet. He's going to spread the ball around. There is no one to favorite of the group.

ShaHBucks said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
bulger2holt said:
I don't see it yet. He's going to spread the ball around. There is no one to favorite of the group.
This is true. But, I can see him liking Quick a lot once he comes back. Big, physical target. He already likes Cook and Tavon.

Any other panicky Peyton owners looking at Foles? He's on the WW in my 16-team league. I have Alex Smith as my backup, but I feel like Foles may have a higher ceiling.

I picked up Foles as a QB2 for bye week fill in and I'm sure most others are doing the same. I drafted Flacco so there's little downside to taking a flyer on a better bye week QB which will also serve as the go to QB if my starter goes down. I considered my best choices to be Alex Smith as well as Foles. To decide between the two I used strength of schedule for my QB1 bye week (week 7 for Rodgers). Alex Smith faces the #23 ranked pass defense of PITT (played NE) vs Foles who faces the #7 ranked CLE pass defense (played NYJ). The problem here is that the sample size is too small on the strength of schedule so it's a crap shoot after one week. However, I'll go with a guy who by all accounts played a superb game vs a great defense in Seattle. The sample size is also small for knowing if SEA is a good defense but I think it's a smaller risk to believe that SEA is still a great defense and they just got beat by a QB that is playing great despite what might be a lack of talent surrounding him.

ShaHBucks said:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
bulger2holt said:
This is true. But, I can see him liking Quick a lot once he comes back. Big, physical target. He already likes Cook and Tavon.
Britt is similar to Quick. There is no true #1 WR on the team. It's more like 3-4 #3's. If he stays in his zone, like he was Sunday, whoever is open or has the mismatch on particular play is getting the ball. That's his tendency(in a smart way).

Showing his warts today. Doesn't deal that well with pressure, and worse, senses phantom pressure once he gets rattled.

Will be interesting to see how he comes out in the second half. The line is certainly not doing him any favors.

This should have been a nice game for the Rams offense. Foles was 17-21 at one point, then penalties, drops and his int happened as they started to get going.

Fisher's job is on the line if he can't fix the offensive line woes. There's no time to throw and no run game to compliment weak WRs. Maybe Gurley is the answer. Until then he will keep putting up awkward numbers. It's kind of like Andrew Luck's situation right now, except Ind doesn't play in a div with SEA and ARI and can turn things around relatively quickly.

Pretty brutal. Averaging 1 TD/1 INT a game.
Fisher offense <> Kelly Offense
Yet if Foles was putting up monstar numbers, like 400 yards and 3 tds and 0 ints every game, everyone knows what you'd be saying about that.Foles has looked awful even with a struggling offense.
Well yea. It'd be even more impressive because Fisher coaches like its 1988 and the power back gets 35 carries a game.

Insein said:
Deamon said:
Insein said:
Pretty brutal. Averaging 1 TD/1 INT a game.
Fisher offense <> Kelly Offense
Yet if Foles was putting up monstar numbers, like 400 yards and 3 tds and 0 ints every game, everyone knows what you'd be saying about that.Foles has looked awful even with a struggling offense.
Well yea. It'd be even more impressive because Fisher coaches like its 1988 and the power back gets 35 carries a game.
As opposed to an offense that runs 30 times per game and has WR's that can't catch a cold.

Users who are viewing this thread