What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** TJ Yeldon (2015 Draft Eligible) Bandwagon *** (2 Viewers)

I've said it before (maybe even in this thread) - Yeldon is Chris Brown 2.0 (former Col Buff, Titan).
Which version? The one that ripped off 100+ yards in his first several games or the one that got turf toe and never rebounded?
The whole thing!

Very talented, very upright, very open to injury.
That's a bummer because there was a brief period where Chris Brown looked like he might be the next big thing at RB. I think he had 100 yards in a half once and got hurt. Lots of potential.

I've said it before (maybe even in this thread) - Yeldon is Chris Brown 2.0 (former Col Buff, Titan).
Which version? The one that ripped off 100+ yards in his first several games or the one that got turf toe and never rebounded?
The whole thing!Very talented, very upright, very open to injury.
That's a bummer because there was a brief period where Chris Brown looked like he might be the next big thing at RB. I think he had 100 yards in a half once and got hurt. Lots of potential.
Ugh. I remember that game....having Brown on my team and losing by 3-4 points that week.

Sorry if it's already been discussed but did anyone notice that Yeldon's burst in the Auburn game seems much worse than the WV game?

I'm concerned that his man strength is overly relied on and that he won't be able to do that in the NFL. There's a specific run in the Auburn game where he bounces the outside and pushes away a DE that I'm thinking of. There's some other plays too but that play is the best display of what I'm talking about.

Rotoworld:

"If the Cowboys are looking for a replication of DeMarco Murray then they should take [Alabama RB T.J. Yeldon] in the second or third round," a scout told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

"I thought he was a hell of a runner, especially on the perimeter," another scout said. "On screens he's got great stop and start. He'll overmatch some DBs with his strength." Yeldon had 576 carries for 3,322 yards (5.8 average) and 37 scores with 46 receptions at Alabama. Of course, he was platooned, which concerns one scout: "He was not their best back (in 2014). Derrick Henry, the sophomore, was. He's not as good as Lacy, but he's better than (Mark) Ingram. Yeldon is really strong and has excellent balance, and he has really good hands. But they always catch him."

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

I actually don't think I move him. He should have a clear path to starting and Bottles and the young WRs with Julius should be enough to keep teams from stacking the box. Buuuutttttttt, he's in Jacksonville. So...

I actually don't think I move him. He should have a clear path to starting and Bottles and the young WRs with Julius should be enough to keep teams from stacking the box. Buuuutttttttt, he's in Jacksonville. So...
The Jags are a very different team than they were last year.

Pre-draft I had Yeldon as my #3 RB in this class. I have the 2.02 in a 12 team dynasty and IF he gets there he won't get to 2.03

The Jags are a very different team than they were last year.
Expand on that for me?
Bortles, ARob, Lee, Hurns all in their second year plus Julius Thomas.

The OL looks better than it did last year:

LT Joeckel (needs to play better)

LG Beadles (2nd year with team)

C Bowanko (rookie last year)/Wisniewski (much needed depth signing)

RG Linder (rookie last year)

RT Parnell(big FA signing)/Pasztor

Last edited by a moderator:
Barely not a first round pick. Clear path to starting role. Team set up to be much better. Exciting.

Hoping he booms so I can bump this for Xues reading pleasure.

werdnoynek said:
Love him and love the spot.
Like him, love the spot. This is a bump for him for sure. High investment by an NFL team and pretty good path to touches.

In rookie drafts i've seen, both actual and projected, yeldon is falling to the end of 1st or even 2nd round. Shouldn't he be considered as high as 5 in non-ppr leagues? Should be the bell cow in jax, should get lots of TD opps, even though Jax doesn't have best OL. What am i missing?

Tool said:
In rookie drafts i've seen, both actual and projected, yeldon is falling to the end of 1st or even 2nd round. Shouldn't he be considered as high as 5 in non-ppr leagues? Should be the bell cow in jax, should get lots of TD opps, even though Jax doesn't have best OL. What am i missing?
I think it's just the fact Yeldon underwhelmed his last years in Alabama and didn't live up to the initial hype, so people are a little weary to take him early. Just don't point it out to too many others that this guy is very good and we get a steal as a late 1st or early 2nd.

Tool said:
I think it's just the fact Yeldon underwhelmed his last years in Alabama and didn't live up to the initial hype, so people are a little weary to take him early. Just don't point it out to too many others that this guy is very good and we get a steal as a late 1st or early 2nd.
I am RB needy, so he is going on my team at 1.5 in a 12 team league

Tool said:
Nothing. Yeldon is worthy of as high as rookie pick 1.05.

Tool said:
Nothing. Yeldon is worthy of as high as rookie pick 1.05.
Yep. This.

He is in play for me at pick 6 in my 12 team PPR dynasty. The top 4 picks are obvious (gurley, gordon, white, cooper). The guy with 5 could go anywhere, but I can see him taking Parker.

If that is the top 5, I ALMOST view Yeldon as the next logical pick at 6.

He is in play for me at pick 6 in my 12 team PPR dynasty. The top 4 picks are obvious (gurley, gordon, white, cooper). The guy with 5 could go anywhere, but I can see him taking Parker.

I have to agree at rb, or maybe algohlor, perriman or dgb if you need a wr and that is the top 5.

I have to agree at rb, or maybe algohlor, perriman or dgb if you need a wr and that is the top 5.
I kinda hope he takes Yeldon so I don't have to. I like him, but I also like using valuable picks on WRs instead.

I think i would rather have coleman or abdullah than yeldon. His draft slot overall was nice, but idk if i trust the team or the talent.

I think i would rather have coleman or abdullah than yeldon. His draft slot overall was nice, but idk if i trust the team or the talent.
I don't "trust" any of them past Gurley/Gordon.
I suppose so, but why take a player youre unsure about at a short lived position at 6?
If Parker goes 5, then what? Who else is left that you are sure about (obviously knowing you cant be SURE about any player, not looking for semantics argument on that one :no: )?

I suppose so, but why take a player youre unsure about at a short lived position at 6?
If Parker goes 5, then what? Who else is left that you are sure about (obviously knowing you cant be SURE about any player, not looking for semantics argument on that one :no: )?
I'd rather have Perriman or Agholor

Me too.

I'd rather have Perriman or Agholor
Me too. Also Dorial Green Beckham.

I am not remotely "sure" about either Perriman or Agholor either.

Just gonna hope Parker is there at 6, if not, then "PICK 6 IS ON THE BLOCK!!!!"

I am not remotely "sure" about either Perriman or Agholor either.

Just gonna hope Parker is there at 6, if not, then "PICK 6 IS ON THE BLOCK!!!!"
Really like their situations. I'm honestly not that sold on Parker. Can Tannehill get him the ball downfield, or is he destined to be underutilized bc of the deficiencies of his quarterback? Like you said, 2 player draft to me then it's realllllllllly flat.

Users who are viewing this thread