What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jags trade Mike Thomas to the Lions (1 Viewer)

identikit

Footballguy
Report: Lions trade for Mike Thomas

Posted by Mike Florio on October 30, 2012, 4:44 PM EDT

With receiver Nate Burleson gone for the year, the Lions were believed to be prepared to fill the void internally.

They’ve now opted for external help.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that the Lions have acquired veteran receiver Mike Thomas from the Jaguars. Terms of the deal are not yet known.

Thomas, a fourth-round pick in 2009, has only 13 catches for 80 yards this season, in seven appearances and three starts. His best season came in 2010, when he caught 66 passes for 820 yards and four touchdowns.

He’ll be leaving Jacksonville, and then promptly returning. The Lions play the Jaguars at EverBank Field on Sunday

My link

Last edited by a moderator:
The only fantasy implication at this point is KR/WR Stefan Logan will be shown the door. Orrrrrrrrr.....if you want to go the conspiracy theory route, perhaps Calvin is a little more banged up then they are letting on.

The only fantasy implication at this point is KR/WR Stefan Logan will be shown the door. Orrrrrrrrr.....if you want to go the conspiracty theory route, perhaps Calvin is a little more banged up then they are letting on.
Logan has looked like a threat to muff almost any kick this year

The only fantasy implication at this point is KR/WR Stefan Logan will be shown the door. Orrrrrrrrr.....if you want to go the conspiracty theory route, perhaps Calvin is a little more banged up then they are letting on.
Logan has looked like a threat to muff almost any kick this year
Yeah, it was hard to believe they kept trotting him out there in that MNF game against Chicago. The Lions were only a few plays away from winning that game and Logan just kept handcuffing them with bad plays. It's been going on all year.He looks like a guy who is probably aware his job is on the line and he's pressing to make plays. Looking down field before he even secures the ball and running out of the end zone ill-advised etc... Time to cut bait.

Who woulda thought the lions would ever run out of WRs! Seems like we have taken at least rvery damn year for the past 10 years!

per Ian Rappaport of NFL.com:

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet

One more nugget on new #Lions WR Mike Thomas? Four teams called Jags about him. Liked his potential especially before Gabbert took over.

@ttwentyman: No. He adds depth and experience “@TomHarwood_: @ttwentyman do you see Thomas being ahead of Broyles on the depth chart?

I wasn't aware Mike Thomas was still on the Jags. Did he hang out with Laurent Robinson all season?

I'm wondering if they bring back Burleson after this. Between Calvin, Young, Broyles, and Thomas... Burleson seems to be the odd man out (unless he takes kick return duties from Logan)

I'm wondering if they bring back Burleson after this. Between Calvin, Young, Broyles, and Thomas... Burleson seems to be the odd man out (unless he takes kick return duties from Logan)
Thomas' contract seems large. Unless he does something I think the Lions cut him after the season.

@ttwentyman: Mayhew on Thomas: "I see him kind of as an offensive utility player for us and also special teams guy. Our coaches will decide how use him."

The only fantasy implication at this point is KR/WR Stefan Logan will be shown the door. Orrrrrrrrr.....if you want to go the conspiracy theory route, perhaps Calvin is a little more banged up then they are letting on.
Calvin missed practice again on Thursday. First time that's happened this year. :unsure:

Calvin missed practice again on Thursday. First time that's happened this year. :unsure:
Calvin Johnson's absence from practice this week is purely for precautionary reasons as part of a new regimen in treating his sore knee.

"That's the main thing, just being ready for Sunday," Johnson said, adding that he and the trainers have been making progress on alleviating the soreness. Johnson concedes that his knee is "a little different than normal," but continues to chalk it up to no player being 100 percent at this point in the season. He's in no danger of missing Sunday's game at Jacksonville.

Calvin Johnson's absence from practice this week is purely for precautionary reasons as part of a new regimen in treating his sore knee.

"That's the main thing, just being ready for Sunday," Johnson said, adding that he and the trainers have been making progress on alleviating the soreness. Johnson concedes that his knee is "a little different than normal," but continues to chalk it up to no player being 100 percent at this point in the season. He's in no danger of missing Sunday's game at Jacksonville.
Could be nothing, could be something. I find it interesting that they'd run out to get somewhat of a pricey vet in Thomas(4mill)and then decide to not cut Logan. Something isn't adding up here.

I think the biggest advantage this guy brings is that he's coming from the team they are about to play. As bad as Jax is, if you get a guy who has a base knowledge of your whole offense to explain it to his new defense, it's going to be ugly.

Detroit D/ST is an excellent play this week.

Users who are viewing this thread