What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Danny Amendola is going to win your league for somebody (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
He's the Rodney Dangerfield of fantasy players. All he does is score points in PPR. He was a top 5 receiver before he got hurt. The news was grim. Damn near made him dead by some accounts. But no he's simply on bye week after not having a meaningful game in a month. But here's the thing, he didn't hurt his legs. He hurt his collarbone. When he comes back, he'll be good to go. He'll pick right up where he left off. Which is as a Top 5 PPR receiver. This offense isn't going to change. It's going to run through Amendola once again.

In both my redrafts this kids was cut after the news of his near-death experience. I scooped him up last week on the news that he was practicing but actually didn't really mind that he wasn't active. Now he's got another week to rest and recoup and then he's back in the saddle. No waiting a week to see how a knee or ankle responds. No questions. Just full go. Oh and his opponents are brutal for a month after he comes back. That's why I titled this thread how I did. Because he's going to struggle playing San Fran twice, along with the Jets and Cards....but if you do get into the playoffs.

Week 14 - at the Bills.

Week 15 - Home vs. Minnesota

Week 16 - at the Bucs.

Nice matchups to be sure. But you have to be patient with him.

14 team league here and he was dropped. I just scooped him last Saturday because no one else had done so. I'm in a non-ppr league that also awards return yardage and but he still worth at least a flex spot up until he was hurt. I think 2 of those weeks he put up WR1 numbers.

Amendoal is a becoming an constant injury risk. I picked up Given last weekend and the deep ball TD was a great way to start my week. I'd go Amendola in a PPR over Givens...right now. Ask me again in two weeks after Danny returns. I'd like to see how many targets Givens gets with Amendola and Gibson all playing now that Givens has shown he's not a one week fluke.

He was dropped in a couple of my leagues, but I wasn't able to create a spot for him before he was snatched back up. My bye week filler's are done with after this week, I was going to put a claim in but not available anymore. Like the schedule though, quality #3/flex option that should give you an advantage over most teams.

Wasn't even dropped in my 12 team redraft. If he's out there, of course you get him, but even his Yahoo ownership is still 59%.

I saw the game where he got hurt and he was going all out doing everything to get that ball...very talented and a bit reckless...if he stays healthy he's a great guy to have on your roster. Couldn't trade him because there are a lot of people who aren't aware of what he's capable of....so I held him through his injury because I know what he's worth in my PPR league.

picked him up a couple weeks ago and i'm 2-6...<dumb and dumber> so you're saying there's a chance. </dumb and dumber>

Chris Givens down?
No, in a league Amendola wasn't dropped I claimed him. I think his ceiling is higher, but he's a lot more volatile.
Is this discussion purely 1.0 (or more) PPR?Further up someone else notes how Danny A busted himself going all out for a pass (I remember that game, great effort, he's fun to watch and a great player), but I also rememeber how Givens came in and immediatey blew up for a deep pass TD, a beautiful play in its own right.I get the targets and consistency argument, but I find it interesting, in a 0.5 PPR league:4.5 games for Danny A (last game partial): 9.7, 28.5, 9.1, 15.1, 4.93.5 games for Givens (first game partial): 11.6, 10.0, 10.2, 13.8 - That's pretty consistent too. Yes, fewer targets, fewer catches, but he sure seems to hit the big one consistently, 4 straight games with a catch 50+ yards? Maybe Danny takes his chances away though and not viceversa, I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of trade value does Amendola demand? Has anyone made a deal for him while he's been injured?
I have Amendola in a 12 team PPR dynasty.I was offered Alshon Jeffrey for him, but I needed Amendola that week, so I said we could revisit the offer the next week... and Amendola promptly got injured.

I picked up Givens after DA went down and cut Givens this week for the SD Def as I'm pretty set at WR (DA, Young, Bowe, Cruz, Vjax). So obviously I'm assuming Givens fades quite a bit when DA returns. If not...woops.

Chris Givens down?
No, in a league Amendola wasn't dropped I claimed him. I think his ceiling is higher, but he's a lot more volatile.
Is this discussion purely 1.0 (or more) PPR?Further up someone else notes how Danny A busted himself going all out for a pass (I remember that game, great effort, he's fun to watch and a great player), but I also rememeber how Givens came in and immediatey blew up for a deep pass TD, a beautiful play in its own right.I get the targets and consistency argument, but I find it interesting, in a 0.5 PPR league:4.5 games for Danny A (last game partial): 9.7, 28.5, 9.1, 15.1, 4.93.5 games for Givens (first game partial): 11.6, 10.0, 10.2, 13.8 - That's pretty consistent too. Yes, fewer targets, fewer catches, but he sure seems to hit the big one consistently, 4 straight games with a catch 50+ yards? Maybe Danny takes his chances away though and not viceversa, I don't know.
Givens' production mostly came with Amendola out though right?

Chris Givens down?
Yes. But whose roll is diminished once Amendola is back on the field now that they know what a threat Givens is? Does Amendola, who seemed like the only real WR on the team at the time, receive fewer targets? Does his presence open up more room for Givens to get open? Or does Givens go back to being a non-factor?

Chris Givens down?
Yes. But whose roll is diminished once Amendola is back on the field now that they know what a threat Givens is? Does Amendola, who seemed like the only real WR on the team at the time, receive fewer targets? Does his presence open up more room for Givens to get open? Or does Givens go back to being a non-factor?
Not sure but I offer a third option. Rising tide raises all ships.

Not sure but I offer a third option. Rising tide raises all ships.
I agree. Having two good options will mean more first downs and more opportunities for each guy. edit: I am not suggesting Danny's targets will go up, but having a team that will move the ball more consistently will be a good thing.

Probable this week. He's in over Greg Jennings, Chris Givens, Brandon Lafell, and Kendall Wright for me. I'm expecting 7 catches and under 100 yards. About 14-16 PPR Points.

Probably this week. He's in over Greg Jennings, Chris Givens, Brandon Lafell, and Kendall Wright for me. I'm expecting 7 catches and under 100 yards. About 14-16 PPR Points.
Sounds good to me. I've been holding and hoping for this guy to get and stay healthy. I could really use him in my flex spot this week. He practiced in full on Friday so he should be good to go. Whether he stays healthy throughout the whole game, I don't know. But I'm going for it. Fingers crossed.

Chris Givens down?
That's the big question. My guess would be fewer targets for Givens but more explosive plays.

I keep debating amendola and decker. For now I have decker in the game, but I think it will be close.

He's playing today...

Appearing on ESPN's Sunday Countdown, Chris Mortensen stated that Danny Amendola (heel, probable) will play on Sunday against the Vikings.

This doesn't come as a surprise after Amendola put in a full practice on Friday. Although he carries plenty of risk, it's hard to argue that Amendola is anything less than a WR2 at home versus Minnesota's No. 18 pass defense. His return crimps what little fantasy appeal Brandon Gibson had.

He's playing today...Appearing on ESPN's Sunday Countdown, Chris Mortensen stated that Danny Amendola (heel, probable) will play on Sunday against the Vikings.This doesn't come as a surprise after Amendola put in a full practice on Friday. Although he carries plenty of risk, it's hard to argue that Amendola is anything less than a WR2 at home versus Minnesota's No. 18 pass defense. His return crimps what little fantasy appeal Brandon Gibson had.
Minimum of 5 catches, probably more like 7. 7-85 is pretty reasonable for a stat line. May or may not get a touchdown. In games he's completed, he's averaging 18.4 fantasy points. That places him comfortably in the Top 10. He's a great play as a WR3/Flex this week and could easily propel you into your championship game.Starting him in both leagues that I own him, benching him in none. He's in over Brian Harline and Donnie Avery in one league and over Greg Jennings, Kendall Wright, Chris Givens, Brandon LaFell in the other. Very comfortable benching Jennings and Givens for him.

He's playing today...Appearing on ESPN's Sunday Countdown, Chris Mortensen stated that Danny Amendola (heel, probable) will play on Sunday against the Vikings.This doesn't come as a surprise after Amendola put in a full practice on Friday. Although he carries plenty of risk, it's hard to argue that Amendola is anything less than a WR2 at home versus Minnesota's No. 18 pass defense. His return crimps what little fantasy appeal Brandon Gibson had.
Minimum of 5 catches, probably more like 7. 7-85 is pretty reasonable for a stat line. May or may not get a touchdown. In games he's completed, he's averaging 18.4 fantasy points. That places him comfortably in the Top 10. He's a great play as a WR3/Flex this week and could easily propel you into your championship game.Starting him in both leagues that I own him, benching him in none. He's in over Brian Harline and Donnie Avery in one league and over Greg Jennings, Kendall Wright, Chris Givens, Brandon LaFell in the other. Very comfortable benching Jennings and Givens for him.
Yeah, I think worst case scenario is a 6 - 60 or something like that, but best case is a few more catches, more yards and possible TD. As my flex play I'm not hesitating to start him. He has a high enough floor....as long as he doesn't get freaken injured again with something. :angry:But you can't predict injury, so I start him and hope for the best. :thumbup:

Yeah, I think worst case scenario is a 6 - 60 or something like that, but best case is a few more catches, more yards and possible TD. As my flex play I'm not hesitating to start him. He has a high enough floor....as long as he doesn't get freaken injured again with something. :angry:But you can't predict injury, so I start him and hope for the best. :thumbup:
My thoughts exactly. I think 12 PPR points is a reasonable floor barring injury.

Ugh had Dwyer in my Ppr flex over him...

How do you guys trust this guy? He seems to always play half the game before injuries

I didn't hear anything about him being limited. There's nothing to suggest he will be.

It doesn't appear as if they are trying to rush him back like they did a couple of weeks ago.

As far as trusting him goes....well, sometimes you gotta have faith.

I didn't hold the guy on my bench half the season just to sit him when he's healthy.

Also, it depends on your options I guess. The rest of my lineup is solid and he will go in my flex. I don't have a lot of other options that aren't also somewhat risky.

Users who are viewing this thread