What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kyle Rudolph (2 Viewers)

Yeah, it's not looking good AT ALL! Ponder is horrible, I'm not even sure if Rudolph got any targets. I will be looking to drop him this week for Myers or Allen.

For dynasty reasons you just have to hold him, for redrafts he is safe to drop for Myers, Allen, or even Cook

Harvin is expected to be out for a week or two with a pretty bad ankle sprain.

Judd Zulgad of 1500 ESPN Twin Cities reports Percy Harvin is donning crutches on Monday, and his ankle is sprained in three places.Harvin avoided a high ankle sprain, but it's still a serious injury. Zulgad considers it a "big-time long shot" that Harvin would be able to play in Week 10 against the Lions. Harvin also called himself a "long shot" to play in Monday interviews with reporters. It's a huge division clash for reeling Minnesota, but allowing Harvin to miss the one game would give him two full weeks off because the Vikings have a Week 11 bye. And they travel to Chicago on the other end.
How does Rudolph's outlook change here? I'm not sure what to think, since it's not like there are too many mouths to feed in MIN (it's just that they rarely pass, except to Harvin).

Earlier this year, he was on fire. I had to find ways to somehow flex him in my lineup. And then finally when I need him when Jimmy Graham goes down, he bottoms out. I can't trust him to do anything for me and won't consider until he blows up on my bench. Anybody starting him now after 3 consecutive garbage games is desperate, regardless of the news about Harvin.

I dumped him last week. I wouldn't trust anyone in Minnesota that isn't named Harvin or Peterson. Even with Harvin likely being out this week, I wouldn't feel comfortable going with any other receiving option.

If you play Dynasty, buy-low. If you play redraft, Rudolph shouldn't have been your TE1 to begin with. Plug your other guy in.

#NEXTQUESTION

I have no idea why he isn't getting more targets. You'd think Ponder would be looking his way a lot more when he gets in trouble. It's not entirely Ponder though. He has dropped some catchable balls the past few weeks.

With the recent Hernandez news, he's in! Hoping for the best and expecting 80 yards with a 15% of a TD! :football:

Ugh. Owning this guy is frustrating. 2nd good game I've missed out on. Started Dwayne Allen over him. Glad I didn't drop him, though.

Very frustrating. I dropped him last week after I owned him since week 1 - and of course he was picked up and plugged in immediately by another owner who was able to win his match-up by like 2 points. Geez.

I'm not sure if it's changed but Harvin was doubtful this week.

That seemed to help Rudolph's value. And obviously Wright is the other factor there.

It seems incredible how ineffective Simpson and Jenkins have been, and they with Ponder have been limited in their skill set.

Bad Rudy:

Rk,G#,Date,Age,Tm,,Opp,Result,Rec,Yds,Y/R,TD,TD,2PM,Pts

4,4,2012-09-30,22-326,MIN,@,DET,W 20-13,2,8,4.00,0,0,,0

7,7,2012-10-21,22-347,MIN,,ARI,W 21-14,0,0,,0,0,,0

8,8,2012-10-25,22-351,MIN,,TAM,L 17-36,2,17,8.50,0,0,,0

9,9,2012-11-04,22-361,MIN,@,SEA,L 20-30,0,0,,0,0,,0

Good Rudy:

Rk,G#,Date,Age,Tm,,Opp,Result,Rec,Yds,Y/R,TD,TD,2PM,Pts

1,1,2012-09-09,22-305,MIN,,JAX,W 26-23,5,67,13.40,0,0,,0

2,2,2012-09-16,22-312,MIN,@,IND,L 20-23,3,35,11.67,1,1,,6

3,3,2012-09-23,22-319,MIN,,SFO,W 24-13,5,36,7.20,2,2,,12

5,5,2012-10-07,22-333,MIN,,TEN,W 30-7,4,23,5.75,1,1,,6

6,6,2012-10-14,22-340,MIN,@,WAS,L 26-38,6,56,9.33,1,1,1,8

10,10,2012-11-11,23-002,MIN,,DET,W 34-24,7,64,9.14,1,1,,6

Targets:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Total

7 5 6 5 7 11 4 2 2 9 58 (2nd most on Vikes)

He has more TDs than Percy Harvin, which I find surprising.

Closes:

12 11/25 @CHI

13 12/2 @GB

14 12/9 CHI

15 12/16 @STL

16 12/23 @HOU

Games 4, 7, 8, 9, Peterson ran for over 100 yards and scored a TD or more.

Games 1-6 Peterson ran for under 100 yards.

Game 10 Peterson ran for over 100 yards and scored a TD but Harvin was out.

I'm wondering if some of the tougher run defenses remaining on the schedule might actually be a help to Rudolph and if Harvin being out helps as well, as Rudolph will be more relied upon in the red zone. San Fran for instance was Rudolph's best game because of the scores.

Question is - what's going on here?

Last edited by a moderator:
As with most tes, it will come down to targets.

If Rudolph can manage at least 5 targets, he should be "startable."

Rudolph had 2,2, and 4 targets in 3 of his worse games this year.

Listening to the game last week against Detroit, the announcers stated that the QB coach was moved down to field level to help Ponder in between drives instead of being in the booth (no link, just commentary on the radio). Ponder seemed to do better though it was against Detroit. Only reason I post this is because as Ponder goes so does Rudolph. With Harvin out I am throwing Rudolph into my lineup

Concussion.Hopefully he gets through the testing and plays week 13.
ON a cheap shot coming across the middle without being thrown to.... :rant:
Honestly, I don't know how Rudolph did not see Briggs coming...it was in front of him...Keep your head on a swivel within 5 yards, especially on crossing routes.
Kyle Rudolph already cleared of concussions
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/statuses/273841990066655232Rudy coming on with two straight good games and a schedule that closes with:13 GB - 3rd least FFPA vs TE's, but in the HHH Dome14 CHI - hey you know what it turns out the Bears are very vulnerable against TEs, this should be another great matchup for Rudolph15 @StL16 @HOU

Looks like he's cleared. If Harvin sits, I will definitely be playing him (over Myers). Not so sure what I will do yet if Harvin plays.

Kyle Rudolph has already been cleared of his Week 12 concussion.The Vikings haven't specified if Rudolph has simply been cleared to practice or if he's gotten the green light to play in a game. Either way, he's now on track to suit up in Sunday's game at Green Bay. The burly tight end has been a major part of the gameplan in each of the last two weeks, racking up 18 total targets and scoring two touchdowns. He's on the TE1 radar.

As with most tes, it will come down to targets. If Rudolph can manage at least 5 targets, he should be "startable." Rudolph had 2,2, and 4 targets in 3 of his worse games this year.
Like I said ;) . But in addition, it seems like the Vikings have had specifically designed plays for Rudolph, which is always nice.The only issue is whether this will continue when/if Harvin returns.

At GB seems like a tough matchup, no?

Only 3 TDs allowed to TEs all year, none since Week 5.

Jimmy Graham (7-76 on 9 targets) is the only TE to top 55 yards this season.

At GB seems like a tough matchup, no? Only 3 TDs allowed to TEs all year, none since Week 5.Jimmy Graham (7-76 on 9 targets) is the only TE to top 55 yards this season.
One thing I've learned with TEs is that it's really hard to determine "matchups" for tes, because they are usually not covered by one player or position.Sometimes a lb covered a te, a safety, a nickel/dime corner, on any given man or zone coverage play. Sometimes something a simple as game flow can affect the TE position.I'd start whichever TE has done better to date (whether that is Rudolph or not) and not worry too much about benching the better TE due to matchup. If two TEs are similar in stats, then I'd take opponent into consideration.

At GB seems like a tough matchup, no? Only 3 TDs allowed to TEs all year, none since Week 5.Jimmy Graham (7-76 on 9 targets) is the only TE to top 55 yards this season.
Well, the point about the TDs - that may be a function of whether Harvin plays and how Peterson does near the goal line.In terms of opportunities, the last few games vs GB, it's a little different if you look at combined stats for TEs, and I think that's fair since Rudolph gets nearly all of the targets as MIN's TE:6 HOU Daniels & Graham 7/5/73/0 - throw in Casey and it's 12/8/98/07 STL 4/2/5/0 - Kendricks, that's what he does8 JAX 7/2/21/0 - Lewis with Gabbert, typical9 ARI 9/5/55/0 - Housler10 DET 18/7/61/0 - Schaeffler, Pettigrew, Heller - it seemed like Stafford was looking for the TE every 5 seconds11 NYG 3/3/44/0 - BennettAnything with like the HOU, ARI or DET games would be decent, throw in a TD and it's a good day. And if GB jumps ahead then maybe that's good too.The TD is the tough part here I agree, but I like his chances for a red zone target or two if Harvin is out.

At GB seems like a tough matchup, no?

Only 3 TDs allowed to TEs all year, none since Week 5.

Jimmy Graham (7-76 on 9 targets) is the only TE to top 55 yards this season.
Well, the point about the TDs - that may be a function of whether Harvin plays and how Peterson does near the goal line.

In terms of opportunities, the last few games vs GB, it's a little different if you look at combined stats for TEs, and I think that's fair since Rudolph gets nearly all of the targets as MIN's TE:

6 HOU Daniels & Graham 7/5/73/0 - throw in Casey and it's 12/8/98/0

7 STL 4/2/5/0 - Kendricks, that's what he does

8 JAX 7/2/21/0 - Lewis with Gabbert, typical

9 ARI 9/5/55/0 - Housler

10 DET 18/7/61/0 - Schaeffler, Pettigrew, Heller - it seemed like Stafford was looking for the TE every 5 seconds

11 NYG 3/3/44/0 - Bennett

Anything with like the HOU, ARI or DET games would be decent, throw in a TD and it's a good day. And if GB jumps ahead then maybe that's good too.

The TD is the tough part here I agree, but I like his chances for a red zone target or two if Harvin is out.
+1

Good points guys, thanks.

Gonna be hard to sit Mr 3.5 Targets for 2-25-0 AKA Antonio Gates, but I'll slam a few shots and pull the trigger.

Ooops

Although he's been cleared of his concussion, Kyle Rudolph is also dealing with a strained shoulder.It's uncertain if he'll practice on Wednesday, but we'll know within the next hour or two. Averaging six catches for 59.5 yards over his past two starts, Rudolph will be worth low-end TE1 consideration if he suits up against the Packers.

Ooops

Although he's been cleared of his concussion, Kyle Rudolph is also dealing with a strained shoulder.It's uncertain if he'll practice on Wednesday, but we'll know within the next hour or two. Averaging six catches for 59.5 yards over his past two starts, Rudolph will be worth low-end TE1 consideration if he suits up against the Packers.
Kyle Rudolph (shoulder) missed Wednesday's practice.Rudolph has passed his concussion tests, but a strained shoulder has him looking dicey for Sunday. With Percy Harvin (ankle) anything but a sure bet to suit up against Green Bay, the Vikings can ill-afford to lose Rudolph for Week 13. His status will be updated no later than Thursday afternoon.Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter Nov 28 - 2:45 PMhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6459/kyle-rudolph

Ooops

Kyle Rudolph (shoulder) missed Wednesday's practice.Rudolph has passed his concussion tests, but a strained shoulder has him looking dicey for Sunday. With Percy Harvin (ankle) anything but a sure bet to suit up against Green Bay, the Vikings can ill-afford to lose Rudolph for Week 13. His status will be updated no later than Thursday afternoon.Source: Tom Pelissero on Twitter Nov 28 - 2:45 PMhttp://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6459/kyle-rudolph
Kyle Rudolph isn't practicing. Percy Harvin was working in individual drills. Sraight speed but still limping in change of speed. #Vikings
https://twitter.com/VikingUpdatePffft.

Minnesota Vikings tight end, Kyle Rudolph, is practicing in full today after being a limited participant Thursday and missing Wednesday’s practice. Kyle suffered a concussion in week 12′s contest but was cleared on Monday. The Vikings have eased him back in and looks like a full-go for this weeks game against the Green Bay Packers.FFLockerRoom Take - The Vikings will need as many weapons on the field if they plan on keeping up with the Packers. After a really strong start, Kyle fell off the map for a month but has reasserted himself while Percy Harvin has missed the past three weeks. As of this writing, Percy does not look to have a good shot of playing this week, so Rudolph may again be targeted heavily by Christian Ponder.
http://fflockerroom.com/2012/11/30/fantasy-football-news-kyle-rudolph-practicing-in-full/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Users who are viewing this thread